• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:25 AM

When seperating ideas we press enter to start another like or group like messages together.

Having this awkward space after 2 enters is a little tough

especially when we have to write or cut messages so that it doesn't need to wrap around the screen.

It just loosk really awkward, can we get the spacing set back to 0 instead of this 1.5 non-sense?

#2 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 03:33 AM

I am not sure what you mean, since I dont have that problem with 1.5 line spacing, and I dont know of anyone else with it either.

That was a double enter for me. Next line will be a single.
See? Not sure what is up with yours, but you might have changed one of your editor settings. Also, why are you cutting lines? There is a word wrap here, so you dont need a line break for general typing.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#3 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:18 AM

The issue is with your browser settings. You have larger space for a standard enter. What you can do if you can not figure out where to change the settings for this in your browser when you want a line directly underneath another line you can hold the Shift key and press enter. It will look like this:
Then if you want a good size space you can just do a regular enter and get the same as a double enter. Such as this:

There is many different browsers and setting and versions that can be affecting this. If you want to do the research and resolve this, cool or you can post it in here and someone maybe be able to point you in the correct direction. O you can use my band-aide to resolve the issue.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your continued support.

#4 CdTriX

CdTriX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:02 AM

I found the problem.

The new forum software is not optimized with Internet Explorer. I was on IE8 when I joined techpb and it's fine. When the new upgrade came in, i started to notice the problem. Now that i've upgraded to IE9, the problem persists. If i turn on "compatibility mode" it fixes the problem.

This 1.5 spacing issue comes back if i turn off compatibility mode.

The 1.5 spacing issue does not occur on mozilla firefox.

There is a little trick to fix the spacing if you don't want to turn compatibility mode on. If you press enter and it jumps 1.5 spaces.
Press backspace and it will align with 0 spacing. If you press enter again

it will jump 1.5 spaces.

The single space and double spaces are basic word processing skills used to cluster groups of information together. If i'm typing out in point form, having the 1.5 space and then having 2 1.5 spaces between seperate ideas looks really odd. For Example:

List A

item 1

item 2

item 3

List B

item 1

item 2

item 3

The spacing is just a little too far and makes it look awkward since word processing allows for a more easier to read way of seperating ideas and the spaces are harder to read than if it was set up like this:

List A
item 1
item 2
item 3

List B
item 1
item 2
item 3

Easier to read right?

Note: The only problem internet explorer has with this forum software is the text box with the 1.5 spacing. Everything else is fine on Internet Explorer. I noticed another person that was typing like me with the awkward 1.5 spacing as well.

Edited by CdTriX, 22 June 2011 - 03:04 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users