302 replies to this topic

#1 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

Every 5 seconds it seems someone is saying "Which is more accurate my Ultralite or my Freak?" or "I shot my friends Ego yesterday it was so accurate compared to my G3" and so on. Or they're saying "How much further does my Axe shoot than my friends Tippmann?" I decided I might aswell make a thread to clear some of this up.

(Scroll down for a bit on range)

Things to do for good accuracy...

Buy good paint
If your shooting crappy paint, your going to have crappy accuracy. Shoot some Evil then go shoot some white box Walmart rubbish, you'll see the difference, the Evil will most likely have no curve balls and be ball on ball accurate upto a reasonable range, whilst the crappy paint will fly off inaccurately because of it's dimples. Same thing goes for old paint, if you shoot 6 month old RPS Premium against a fresh batch of RPS Premium the older paint may have the occasional odd shot and it's dimples caused by sitting in one place for a long time will cause the air to affect it differently, causing drag and pulling it away from your target. If you want to shoot accurately, buy good paint. Another thing is that if you have infinite cash and really care about accuracy, look into the Tiberius First Strike Rounds, they are miles more accurate than standard paintballs and go alot further too.

Clean your gun, barrel and loader
If you've been using your loader to collect mud, you store your barrel by digging a hole in a field and burying it in the ground and you use your gun to clean your toilet then obviously your going to have useless accuracy. I'm sure at one point in paintball you'll of got a broken ball and you cant shoot straight till you clean your barrel, this is the same idea. All the dirt and muck from the surfaces touching the paint is going to be stuck to it in-flight, so it will change it's aerodynamics and drag pulling it away from the target. If you want to to shoot accurately, your barrel, breech, bolt face and loader need to be spotless.

Purchase a gun with a regulator

This is the smallest factor, it's not really something to worry about and it's only really noticeable whilst using C02 or shooting fast. If your using a Tippmann or BT or some other unregulated gun, in some cases your consistency over the chronograph could be +/- 20, whilst a gun with a good quality regulator could be +/- 3. Consistency isn't huge when talking about accuracy, but it will have a small effect since the decreased range on low velocity shots will mean it hits the target further down and wind affects it easier at lower speeds so it goes further to the side sometimes. If your gun is regulated, good for you, if not then there's no reason to go out and buy a regulator if your only concern is accuracy, since its only really going to make a difference with C02 and in the cold.

Thats it. If you want your gun to be accurate, follow that, nothing else.

Classic Mistakes...

"My rifled barrel is SSSOOO accurate!"

Wrong. Rifling is proven to have no effect what so ever on accuracy, if anything rifled barrels are worse since they don't seal to the paint properly so your gun will be less efficient.

"My Ion has awful accuracy, I'm sick of missing so I'm going to go buy a Luxe"
Wrong again. All guns shoot exactly the same when it comes to accuracy (Unless one is dirty or it is extremely cold causing one to be wildly inconsistent). You could argue kick factors into it, but if you put both guns in a vice and shoot them side by side it will be the same, thats accuracy. Sometimes a marker can look less or more accurate because of things like its length changing how you perceive the trajectory, or because people forget to clean their barrel after a break.

"I'm glad I bought a pump, closed bolt guns are alot more accurate."
As has already been said, all guns have the same accuracy. Are pumps exempt from this? No. In case you dont know what a closed bolt gun is, basically with an open bolt gun (DLX Luxe, GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 etc) when you pull the trigger the bolt slides forward, pushes the paintball past the detents and air is released firing the paintball. On a closed bolt gun (Autococker's, Azodin Kaos Pump etc) if it is a semi or electro, the bolt is at rest in the forward position, when the trigger is pulled the ram is released abd air fires the ball, then the bolt goes back, a ball rlls into the breech, it moves back forward and the cycle is complete. If it is a pump, the user pumps the gun bringing the bolt back and allowing a paintball to roll into the breech, then pulling the trigger simply releases the air. The idea why they are more accurate is because the paintball is perfectly still when fired, so there will be less spin and thus greater accuracy. But this is not the case.

"Glad I got rid of my Ego, this DM is much more accurate since its a spoolie!"
Unfortunately not chum, spools and poppets are just as accurate as one another. As has been said, all guns have the same accuracy, valve type does not effect this in any way shape or form.

"I'm totally buying a CP reg for my Ion, this stock one is hurting my accuracy"
Not necessarily, unless your stock reg is completely terrible, a new reg won't make your marker more accurate. Simply maintaining your reg as required is good enough, the desired consistency for optimum accuracy is 15FPS+/- or less, reach that and you're golden.

"Since I stopped matching my paint to barrel bore sizes my accuracy is horrible."
Nope. Shooting .685 paint through a .685 barrel is doing you no favors, since fluctuations in paint sizes means you will constantly be going from overbore to underbore between shots. We know that underboring increases FPS since it makes a better air seal and overboring decreases FPS since air can escape around the ball, so some shots could be of a higher FPS than others (not by alot), which links to what I was saying before about FPS fluctuations changing length of shot and it's variation side to side because of wind. Generally speaking, what bore you shoot makes no noticeable difference what so ever for accuracy, so don't go buy a Ultralite just because it's 0.003 smaller than your CP barrel, because it will make near no difference at all that you can notice. But going for a huge underbore (bad enough to break more paint) will hurt your accuracy, its pretty difficult to do.

"This Freak kit is beastly! My stock barrel was all over the place, but now I have this it's amazing accuracy!"

The only way one barrel can be more accurate than another (assuming FPS consistency is equal) is if one is damaged. Theres nothing about barrels that can effect accuracy.

"I want the X bolt for my X because this stock one has useless accuracy"

All internal upgrades do nothing for accuracy, Venturi bolts, Alien sweep bolts etc. They are widely thought of as being more accurate, but its simply not true.

"Hah! Look at that fool using C02, glad I'm using this super accurate Propane powered C3!"
Propellants, spring, air, C02 or propane, do not effect accuracy. However, this is only true assuming you've got your setup done properly so its not inconsistent, C02 can be very inconsistent in the cold, if you ever get the chance on a very cold day, like minus temperatures, go out and shoot an unregulated gun using C02, the differences are ridiculous compared to if you were using HPA. So, shoot your gun over the chrono and do some maths, if its under 15FPS +/- good for you, if its slightly over its no big deal, but if your jumping 50FPS or more between shots your going to run into some accuracy issues. Still, dosen't matter what you use to shoot the ball, its not like HPA has magical properties that makes it more accurate, they're all the same assuming consistency is the same.

"I just fitted a 28" barrel on my Spyder, its unbelievably accurate!"
The only relation accuracy and barrel length have is how longer and shorter barrels can be more or less consistent. The optimum length for barrels is 14", one piece unstepped barrels are best at about 12". Remember this is not accuracy, this is efficiency, too long a barrel and you increase drag and decrease efficiency, too short a barrel and the gas doesn't have enough time to propel the paintball properly so you decrease efficiency. One thing mentioning is that players (specifically pump) sometimes like longer barrels because they're a tad easier to point, since you will have a better reference point in your head, it's difficult to explain but you'd understand if you used a 16" then a 6" barrel. Too long is stupid though, no one needs a 30" barrel, I'd consider anything above 16" to be ridiculous unless you play pump with a 18".

"Hah, a Brass barrel? Are you serious? My Carbon Fiber barrel is much more accurate."
False. The material your barrel is constructed from means nothing, could be Titanium, Brass, Carbon Fiber or Gold plated Diamond, it doesn't matter as far as accuracy as concerned.

"My scope makes my gun amazingly accurate"

Uhh, not sure how that works, but obviously it has no effect. If anything adding a scope under normal circumstances is going to make you less accurate, since you'll end up aiming on the dot and your shots will fall short. If your using good paint and have terrible hand to eye co-ordination or use First Strikes, a scope may make you more accurate, but not the marker itself.

"Glad I got a Freak kit, the added control bore over my CP barrel makes it shoot more accurately!"
Nope, a longer control bore is good yes, but does it effect accuracy? No. It has a positive effect on efficiency and consistency, which are important, but it cant really effect accuracy, the added consistency isn't that much better, and your previous barrel would have to be pretty horrible to make your gun inconsistent enough to hurt accuracy on its own, there would of had to be other factors like dirt or bad paint.

"I'm going to put lube in my barrel, thats sure to make it shoot straighter!"
Alright people probably don't say this
, but if you feel like you've done everything right, i.e. have good paint, cleaned your gear and checked for extreme inconsistency, it could be your over lubing your gun. Its a mistake quite a lot of people make, they drown their bolt in lube, then when they go to shoot it they wonder why they cant hit anything. Putting too much lube on your bolt wont decrease the amount of maintenance you'll need to do in the future, all you're going to end up doing is blasting lube all over the inside of your barrel, so until you clean it out you wont be able to hit a barn door.

TLDR- Clean your gun and shoot good paint, there's pretty much nothing else you can do to affect accuracy, barrels and guns are all the same.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Things that will make you shoot far...

Own an Apex or Flatline barrel
Flatline and Apex barrels give you an extra 30-50ft of range on your shots, as-well as keep a flat trajectory. If you have the cash and need a little extra reach when playing Woodsball, pick up an Apex barrel. Both work by putting backspin on the ball so it generates lift, so it can go further, simple really.

Shoot Tiberius First Strike Rounds

These are paintballs that have been chopped in half, then given a little skirt type thing on the back. They are designed to minimize drag as much as possible, so they can travel much further than an ordinary paintball, upto 500ft.

Keep your velocity at 300fps
If your shooting at 250fps then your shots aren't going to go quite as far as if they did at 300fps. Its not a massive amount, but definitely considerable if you really want to shoot that far. Paintballs traveling at 250fps will go roughly 280 feet, where-as at 300fps they will go almost 310 feet, so definitely a noticeable amount.

Thats about it, if you want to shoot far, do that. Just don't shoot First Strikes through an Apex ;)

Epic fails...

"My rifled barrel shoots for miles!"

Unfortunately not my good friend. Rifled barrels are proven to do nothing for range, so avoid them. Simple physics, provided the two objects have the same drag acting on them, are at the same velocity, fired at the same height and angle will go the same distance.

"My Ultralite shoots so much further than your crappy Freak"
Well now your just being rude, and wrong. All barrels (other than the Apex and Flatline) shoot the same distance.

"
Wow! Your SL91 shoots way further than my Spyder!"
Nope. All guns shoot the same distance, could be a Victory, could be a BT4, could be an Axe. They're all going to shoot the same distance, yes even the Alien guns with the Sweep Bolt. Two objects of equal weight, spin, drag and velocity must go the same distance, the way it gains its speed is irrelevant. The only way this cannot be true is if your using a different caliber paint, .50 compared to .68 for example, since it has less weight it wont go as far.

"I need to get my 22" Sniper barrel back, this 8" barrel just wont shoot far enough"
All barrels regardless of length, will shoot the same distance. So long as you adjust your velocity to 300fps after switching them out.

"Glad I bought a GOG G1 over a GOG Extcy, its obvious woodsball guns shoot further."
Not sure how this one came about but I've heard it a few times, maybe its got something to do with woodsball engagements being at longer ranges than typical speedball shootouts, I don't know. Either way, its not true, its not like the manufacturers trade off range in their speedball guns for a different advantage, because its not possible for a start, they all shoot just as far as each-other.

"I'm buying a .50 kit for my Etek 3, so I can shoot further."
Actually, its the exact opposite. Bigger caliber paint shoots further since it weighs more (assuming you're at the same FPS obviously), so .68 shoots furthest, then .50 and then .43. The differences are quite small though.

TLDR- Unless your using an Apex or Flatline barrel, or shooting First Strike rounds, the distance of your shots is going to be exactly the same as everyone else. All guns and barrels (other than the Flatline and Apex) shoot the same distance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have a question? Post it up, don't worry about how stupid it sounds, the Newbie forum is for helping people. Also thanks to the guys at Punkworks and other members of TechPB who conducted a whole bunch of tests to get this information, and everyone who posted in the thread with suggestions for additions to the OP :)

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 29 August 2012 - 08:50 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#2 usmercenary

usmercenary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:33 AM

First post!

Nice write up :tup:

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

First post!

Nice write up :tup:

Just wanted something to point people to when they say something wrong about accuracy, save me some time in the future.

#4 usmercenary

usmercenary

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

Yeah you can always link them back to this thread for reference

#5 AnBu_JR

AnBu_JR

Blessed with a curse.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

Decent write up. No mention to FSR though.

I also subscribe to the philosophy of Carl Segan. The solution to all of our problems is figuring out the universe. Our differences as people: rich or poor, Muslim or Christian, white or black simply fade away when we understand our true position in the universe - our true purpose to explore, learn and understand.

Posted Image
+1/0/-0Feedback

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Decent write up. No mention to FSR though.

Added, thanks for the reminder.

#7 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

good write up.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#8 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:40 AM

thumbs up! I agree with just about everything. I was thinking I was coming into a thread with a lot of misinformation and was going to have to lay the proverbial e-smackdown, but this did not happen! Thumbs up! I may have to refer people to here from now on rather than typing a novel each time I answer an accuracy question...

I did want to say one thing though. The difference between underbore, bore match, and overbore can make a small accuracy difference. If I recall correctly, the best accuracy is .003-.005 under or over bore. If you bore match, then accuracy drops a bit, because of the varying paint sizes like you mentioned, and if you go extreme over or underbore, it drops as well. Now granted, this is not nearly as big of an effect as paint or gun cleanliness is, but it is there. Between barrel to barrel of same bore size, no accuracy difference. But between bore match and underbore, then yes there is a small difference.

Although maybe I am remembering wrong.

Edited by danath 34, 16 June 2011 - 11:40 AM.

My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:44 AM

thumbs up! I agree with just about everything. I was thinking I was coming into a thread with a lot of misinformation and was going to have to lay the proverbial e-smackdown, but this did not happen! Thumbs up! I may have to refer people to here from now on rather than typing a novel each time I answer an accuracy question...

I did want to say one thing though. The difference between underbore, bore match, and overbore can make a small accuracy difference. If I recall correctly, the best accuracy is .003-.005 under or over bore. If you bore match, then accuracy drops a bit, because of the varying paint sizes like you mentioned, and if you go extreme over or underbore, it drops as well. Now granted, this is not nearly as big of an effect as paint or gun cleanliness is, but it is there. Between barrel to barrel of same bore size, no accuracy difference. But between bore match and underbore, then yes there is a small difference.

0.005 overbore=best FPS consistancy, 0.005 underbore=best FPS consistancy, paint to barrel match=worst FPS consistancy.

Consistancy will make a very slight difference, but your not going to be able to notice.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 11:45 AM

Awesome write-up. It's about time people started to realize that the equipment has no effect on gravity and drag.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#11 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 12:44 PM

You should add something about how longer barrels don't affect accuracy. We don't need any people walking out there with 20" barrels thinking they're gonna be sniping people from 200 feet

Edited by larryjerry1, 16 June 2011 - 12:44 PM.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:10 PM

You should add something about how longer barrels don't affect accuracy. We don't need any people walking out there with 20" barrels thinking they're gonna be sniping people from 200 feet

Good point, forgot about that.

#13 sam0412

sam0412

Hi Marq!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:16 PM

you do seem to "refer" to stuff along these lines alot, so its easier for you to link people straight back here,:tup:

Also Great write up! :tup:
Empire Products Owners' ClubMARQ 6 - 3000/48 Tank - Empire Magna Drive -DYE I4's - Empire Punk Playing Jersey (X-Over) and Empire Playing Pants!

R.I.P BORG - 18/8/2011 Not A Day To Remember But A Day NEVER To Forget! </3

#14 Merric Hoang

Merric Hoang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:46 PM

what is FSR?

#15 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

There's nothing we can measure showing that any paint to bore match is more accurate. In theory the better the consistency is the more accurate a gun will be - but anything at +/- 15 fps or better is so small a change that there are other larger factors obscuring it.

So, yes, underboring or overboring will help with consistency - but other factors make a much bigger difference. So much so that we can't measure the benefit.

what is FSR?

Tiberis First Strike Round

#16 Merric Hoang

Merric Hoang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

what is FSR?

ah...Thanks

#17 Mr. K

Mr. K

ape suit moderator

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:08 PM

somebody pinn this!
Don't hope for your enemy's ill being...plan it

#18 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:42 PM

i sense a little bit of STICKY!
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#19 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

Thing I've always thought is though, we always test barrels in controlled conditions, but never have actually tested how the barrel affects the ball in uncontrolled conditions, ALSO with a general size paint matched to bore, if you look at punk works table, the matched bore barrel had the smallest vector, but not by much maybe .5 of an inch if that.

Also the gun can affect YOUR accuracy but not it's accuracy. Better ergonomics are going to mean you hold it better.

#20 danath 34

danath 34

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,319 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:48 AM

There's nothing we can measure showing that any paint to bore match is more accurate. In theory the better the consistency is the more accurate a gun will be - but anything at +/- 15 fps or better is so small a change that there are other larger factors obscuring it.

So, yes, underboring or overboring will help with consistency - but other factors make a much bigger difference. So much so that we can't measure the benefit.

what is FSR?

oh, ok. thanks for the correction. I imagine a minute accuracy difference is there, but is largely dwarfed by paint quality.
My Feedback
The TechPB Motorcycle Club- For All of us Two-Wheeled Warriors!

The Great Holy Lord Danath of the 34th is right.

Posted Image

#21 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

Thing I've always thought is though, we always test barrels in controlled conditions, but never have actually tested how the barrel affects the ball in uncontrolled conditions, ALSO with a general size paint matched to bore, if you look at punk works table, the matched bore barrel had the smallest vector, but not by much maybe .5 of an inch if that.

Also the gun can affect YOUR accuracy but not it's accuracy. Better ergonomics are going to mean you hold it better.

I don't know what your first part means. In order to test something you have to reduce variables. An "uncontrolled" test isn't a test.

and yes, the ergonomics of the gun can certainly change how well a shooter is able to use it.

oh, ok. thanks for the correction. I imagine a minute accuracy difference is there, but is largely dwarfed by paint quality.

right. logically there has to be some benefit to having a consistent gun - at least in the vertical direction. As long as your gun is about +/- 15 fps then you're good. The other things that make up accuracy simply dwarf the slight variations from consistency.

At 150' a quality paintball is going to drift almost 2 FEET from your point of aim. Last time I saw the math it was something like 1" per 5 fps of change.

#22 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

If Punkworks posted here and havent said anything about the OP, I'm confident it's all correct now.

#23 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 03:01 PM

a kid told me his red dot sight made his gun more accurate and i was just like "no it doesn't"

#24 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:51 AM

a kid told me his red dot sight made his gun more accurate and i was just like "no it doesn't"

Will be a nice addition to the thread :)

#25 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:39 AM

Nice writeup cookie.

I only have one correction to this post:

"This Freak kit is beastly! My stock barrel was all over the place, but now I have this it's amazing accuracy!"

False. All those things said in barrel advertisements about accuracy are lies. All barrels (so long as they arent TOTALLY crap, stock barrels are not totally crap, even Tippmanns) will shoot exactly the same. Do not waste your money on a $150 barrel just because your freind told you he has 0.5mm spread at 200ft with it, because it's a total lie.

The upgraded barrel may have better accuracy than their current barrel has if the owner did not take care of their stock barrel properly. If the barrel gets extremely scratched up on the inside from neglect a new barrel will show an improvement in accuracy. Given if the owner neglects the new barrel it will get poor accuracy in the future, but you got to consider that people making the statement above might be likely to do improper maintenance.

#26 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

Nice writeup cookie.

I only have one correction to this post:

False. All those things said in barrel advertisements about accuracy are lies. All barrels (so long as they arent TOTALLY crap, stock barrels are not totally crap, even Tippmanns) will shoot exactly the same. Do not waste your money on a $150 barrel just because your freind told you he has 0.5mm spread at 200ft with it, because it's a total lie.

The upgraded barrel may have better accuracy than their current barrel has if the owner did not take care of their stock barrel properly. If the barrel gets extremely scratched up on the inside from neglect a new barrel will show an improvement in accuracy. Given if the owner neglects the new barrel it will get poor accuracy in the future, but you got to consider that people making the statement above might be likely to do improper maintenance.

Unlikely event but I see your point, I'll add it in.

#27 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

Great write up man!
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#28 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:35 PM

I smell.. a sticky.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#29 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

For the paint quality part, you should add that a high quality paintball is more accurate because the ball is consistently rounder then a cheaper paint. They are also all very close in diameter compared to junk paint that can have huge size differences.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#30 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

another thing i would like to add is sometimes airball bunkers are under inflated and u can press a longer barrel against like a dorito
and cause the bunker to bend around you and you get a lower profile

all in all great thread

#31 FPSNoodle

FPSNoodle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:12 PM

you linked this to me in my topic, looks great! cleared up a few things thanks!

#32 MNballer

MNballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Uhh, not sure how that works, but obviously it has no effect. If anything adding a scope is going to make you less accurate, since you'll end up aiming on the dot and your shots will fall short.

TLDR- Clean your gun and shoot good paint, theres pretty much nothing else you can do to affect accuracy, barrels and guns are all the same.

LIES! on MW2 and Black Ops , if i put an acog on my gun its more accurate!
i trolled and got delt with :(.(dont mess with the mods sweetie.-svw)

#33 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 02:40 AM

Bryce... I'm pretty sure a test is a test is a test... I mean like a field test. Like while running and gunning does a barrel that's underbored completely keep the ball stable during running and gunning while say a 2 piece with a huge stuped up bore won't keep the ball stable during that type of movement. I just think controlled environments are no substitute for real world experience. It's like a horse might be able to run 1 1/16 mile in 1:10 on it's own but it gets in with other horses and has spectators it's not going to perform the same, although these are different variables that affect this it is an analogy for the fact that something won't perform the same in uncontrolled conditions.

#34 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:33 AM

Uhh, not sure how that works, but obviously it has no effect. If anything adding a scope is going to make you less accurate, since you'll end up aiming on the dot and your shots will fall short.

TLDR- Clean your gun and shoot good paint, theres pretty much nothing else you can do to affect accuracy, barrels and guns are all the same.

LIES! on MW2 and Black Ops , if i put an acog on my gun its more accurate!

Actually in both games it makes the gun kick more (exept the M16 in BO, where it decreases), which is why no-one uses it.;)

Couple that with stupidly long aim time and its just a waste of an attachment.

#35 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Bryce... I'm pretty sure a test is a test is a test... I mean like a field test. Like while running and gunning does a barrel that's underbored completely keep the ball stable during running and gunning while say a 2 piece with a huge stuped up bore won't keep the ball stable during that type of movement. I just think controlled environments are no substitute for real world experience. It's like a horse might be able to run 1 1/16 mile in 1:10 on it's own but it gets in with other horses and has spectators it's not going to perform the same, although these are different variables that affect this it is an analogy for the fact that something won't perform the same in uncontrolled conditions.

I don't understand what you're getting at.

#36 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

I don't understand what you're getting at.

ya i cant seem to figure out what that means

#37 Beavfan94

Beavfan94

California Love

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,050 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:00 AM

If i had a dollar every time some random kid sees some guy playing pump and instantly goes "Its more accurate than my tippman rental", then i would be one rich motherfucker.

#38 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:33 AM

If i had a dollar every time some random kid sees some guy playing pump and instantly goes "Its more accurate than my tippman rental", then i would be one rich motherfucker.

Completely off topic but your avatar is damned cool, is there some where I can view more of that or is it part of a movi? If so then I need to check that out.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#39 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

good writeup. I try to tell kids at my field the same thing all the time.
Edit: just realized this thread is almost a month old.

Edited by nighthunter, 18 July 2011 - 05:59 AM.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#40 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

good writeup. I try to tell kids at my field the same thing all the time.
Edit: just realized this thread is almost a month old.

I think you can post whenever you like in pinned topics, so it dosent matter.

#41 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

Well my Tippmann never shot accurate with the stock barrel when I had it. MAybe mine got honed super terribly but IDK.

#42 98modder

98modder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

thanks i'm glad i did my home work i just bought a apex barrel, i'm glad i could read this thread to confirm my suspicions
work cheaply????
Put this in your sig if you're under 18 and you buy your own gear!

#43 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Well my Tippmann never shot accurate with the stock barrel when I had it. MAybe mine got honed super terribly but IDK.

like what he said keep your gun and barrel clean tippmanns tend 2 break a lot of paint and if there was some paint in ur barrel (which there usually is because they chop constantly) then that could cause you to have bad accuracy

#44 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:20 PM

I wish people would actually come and read this.

#45 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:31 AM

Yea, I got in a 3 page argument with someone that was convinced aftermarker barrels were more accurate, and after showing him this, Mikes video and Punkworks evidence, he still belived his 10 shot test was right. I gave up.

#46 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:16 AM

Yea, I got in a 3 page argument with someone that was convinced aftermarker barrels were more accurate, and after showing him this, Mikes video and Punkworks evidence, he still belived his 10 shot test was right. I gave up.

cooky,,, i thought we were letting that argument go Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by joe32, 16 August 2011 - 07:17 AM.

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#47 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:18 AM

cooky,,, i thought we were letting that argument go Posted ImagePosted Image

It wasnt you? I cant remember ever arguing with you about it?

#48 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:25 AM

How much further does my Axe shoot than my freinds Tippmann?

somehow, this seems familiar...

#49 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:27 AM

How? That was wrote like 2 months ago.

#50 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:29 AM

How? That was wrote like 2 months ago.

hm.....

still a good write up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users