Photo

Built in Camera in the feed neck?!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

Poll: Built in Camera in the feed neck?! (160 member(s) have cast votes)

Built in camera?

1. Yes. (46 votes [28.75%])

Percentage of vote: 28.75%

2. No. (39 votes [24.38%])

Percentage of vote: 24.38%

3. Thats just too freaking cool! (75 votes [46.88%])

Percentage of vote: 46.88%

Vote

#1 ICPaintball*com

ICPaintball*com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 09:57 PM

Well, we thought this announcement may need its own thread.

This is something I have personally been biting my tongue about for some time! This new marker, from Innovative concepts, next piece of information is our "patent Pending" integrated video camera!! yup a miniture camera is being installed into the marker to video your games, Video will be recorded on a mini SD card, , depending on the size of the SD card you will be able to record 3- 8 hours of play, Optional 5 migpix camera!!!

This crosses off your need for the high priced cameras, because you get it IN the marker!!!!

Another little tid bit, this marker is being made with a double trigger... BUT. One will be removable to make it tournament LEGAL! And you are able to switch them out in under 5 minutes...

What more could you ask for in a marker?!

ICP - Leading the way in innovation!

ICPaintball.com

Leading the way in Innovation.
For any questions regarding ICPaintball, please email: ICPaintball@live.com

You can also catch up with us on Facebook or Twitter at any time!

#2 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:27 PM

INNOVATION TO THE MAXXX!!
Bravo!

#3 estrada19

estrada19

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

that is really cool

R.I.P Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

Black to blue fade Angel A1, Pinokio & Dye I4's
My Feedback 5/0/0

#4 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:35 PM

sounds pretty cool, seems like a titanium marker with camera would be pretty expensive lol but i guess it should be
Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#5 PredatorPaintball

PredatorPaintball

Whatchu know bout 600 subscribers!? ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'm pretty curious to see what is the resolution of this camera?

#6 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

Moves in silence like lasagna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Location:some where in, uh.....Canada... yeah thats right I think

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:02 AM

That's very interesting. On most videos where a camera is on the gun, the camera shakes with each shot. Are any steps being taken to reduce that?

Also, the removable 2nd trigger is a great idea, but when the triggers are meant for one finger each. Will a second normal sized trigger be included with each marker, so you won't be stuck with a small, one finger trigger?

Also, I know some models come with titanium, and some don't, I like the options; however, will the camera also be an option, so people who don't want it/ already have a camera won't have to spend their money on it?
Yeah, I have no sig, deal with it...

#7 My Pants Don't Fitz

My Pants Don't Fitz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:03 AM

sick... you guys really listen to your customers =] good luck

#8 jderrill

jderrill

sexy member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 12:11 AM

You shouldnt limit it to your gun. Make some PE style feednecks or ones with dye threads.

Monocle smile
Posted Image

#9 Big Walt

Big Walt

Ow Now Brown Cow

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:41 AM

You spelled "too" wrong in the last option of the poll... :rolleyes:

I don't think I'd want this. While the idea is cool, most of the time my barrel tip is facing down, I get hit in the feedneck a lot, and it just seems like another additional part you have to worry about which won't help your performance at all but could screw up your entire board.

i dont shoot them, i greet them in the nude and invite them into my house to talk about jesus.

Feedback 1/0/0

Ball out til you fall out

#10 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:53 AM

What kind of camera would fit into the feedneck? I can't imaging a decent sized sensor would fit in there. If the quality of the camera is similar to a webcam, I wouldn't be very interested in buying it. Given the mounting options for cameras like the ContourHD and the GoPro Hero HD, as well as the quality they provide in terms of video, you'd have to really work and search to find components that small that will work effectively.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#11 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:26 AM

What kind of camera would fit into the feedneck? I can't imaging a decent sized sensor would fit in there. If the quality of the camera is similar to a webcam, I wouldn't be very interested in buying it. Given the mounting options for cameras like the ContourHD and the GoPro Hero HD, as well as the quality they provide in terms of video, you'd have to really work and search to find components that small that will work effectively.

Something was said about it being HD and 5mega-pixels. (As you probably know, HD does not necessarily mean good quality)

Cana-duh Posted Image

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:31 AM

What would video quality be like?

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#13 icypenguin21

icypenguin21

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:36 AM

This does sound really cool, but videos shot from marker cams are kind of annoying to watch, since the only time you really keep the marker steady is when your shooting, and a lot of time you would just be filming the ground, this is probably why techpb uses goggle cams. Still, it sounds like a really cool idea.

#14 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:05 AM

i though the same thing. There is no way your gonna be able to make a camera be that small but have the quality and mps to keep up with a paintball game.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#15 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:40 AM

The sure bet is that this is going to be a basic "spy camera" type sensor that peaks at 640x480 resolution. It's not necessarily going to look like shit, but it's definitely not going to be as nice as a genuine camera like the Contour series. And note that the 5MP image quality was optional.

So. Titanium frame...dual triggers (one of which you have to remove to make it tournament legal)...and a garbage camera installed in the feedneck. Is anyone really still interested in this marker? Anyone with the $1000+ that it'll cost to spend on it, I mean.

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#16 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

ummm well you did the right thing with the trigger but im unsure about the camera good luck! and try and keep the gun affordable
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#17 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:13 AM

it would have to be small so u still can aim and u would have to use a higher up loader for it to fit
so use a pinokio

#18 T3lmo

T3lmo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 01:40 PM

Less trollin more supporting.

I like most of the ideias that were presented if they can deliver all that its awesome and like ICPaintball said there will be options.. and im all about havin dif options.

Lets just wait for some pics and videos it might suprise us all.
Posted Image

#19 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 02:37 PM

What more could you ask for in a marker?!

pictures!

My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

#20 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:55 PM

I like and support this idea but the cost will never offset the quality that such a small camera will bring to the field. I reserve the right to be proven wrong.

#21 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 08:59 PM

Less trollin more supporting.

agreed, The biggest major issue I have with this is camera shake, no point in a medium quality camera if every shot makes it impossible to see. You need to be able to reduce the vibrations which hit the feedneck.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#22 Sgt Moose

Sgt Moose

Nah

• Members
  • 12,400 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:03 PM

I just don't see it working out, I'd love to see it done, but I just don't see all of this going into a gun at that price point.

#23 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:27 PM

Neat idea! Cant wait to see some video of it.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#24 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

im curoius to know how durable this camera is. if i get hit in the feedneck, is the camera just gonna be a paperweight?
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#25 Midnight1403

Midnight1403

aysalsports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

Definitely sounds like an interesting concept at first, but I don't know, there seems to be a lot of potential problems and how to counter them seems like a mystery to solve...
Anyways, I'll wait till this comes out, keep us posted

#26 lilwill3579

lilwill3579

With My Penis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 09:45 PM

Definitely sounds like an interesting concept at first, but I don't know, there seems to be a lot of potential problems and how to counter them seems like a mystery to solve...
Anyways, I'll wait till this comes out, keep us posted

if u got a FB, like em, kuz they are posting there and doing all sorts of update stuff there more often than here, plus they are showing vids/pics/etc first there :) support these guyS! they r gnna do some really amazin things! :tup:

#27 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:41 AM

I think You guys aren't thinking enough. I HIGHLY doubt the feedneck itself
will be the camera. They'll probably have some sort of mount directly in front of the feedneck that extends down the marker, and it will probably be as wide as the marker.

A camera IN the feedneck would be way too expensive to make with any decent quality

Edited by larryjerry1, 21 June 2011 - 03:42 AM.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#28 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:28 AM

If I was to make it, I would put a decent camera lense in the feedneck. Test the microphone in the feedneck but with the marker firing and the hopper being right there, I would say it will most likely go in the frame. Put the wires going through to the board in the frame. Integrate the main paintball board to use the camera too. I mean you are not going to get hollywood movie production from it.. But it would get a pretty good quality video. Depending on how much ICP skimps on the lense and sensor..

And you guys are over thinking the size of cameras. Really half of cameras are just space inside the case and the other half is the lense. If the board is integrated into your paintball board. You just eliminated half the size. It doesn't need to have 10,000 features like other cameras. A simple, record and stop record is all that is needed. Wouldn't be big either depending on what they go with.

A USB board will make it easy to upload videos too. Have it's own button on the membrane pad for recording. If they do it right, it will turn out great. If they half ass it, well I hope the marker is decent..

But my gut is telling me they are going to order some crap little jap. spy cams off ebay like mentioned earlier and they will place them in... Going to trash what could be great if they put something quality. Arrgg.

Edited by Kirko017, 21 June 2011 - 04:42 AM.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

#29 Merric Hoang

Merric Hoang

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:30 AM

Unless you are using a a very expensive button camera on the feed neck, otherwise, i hardly can see how will it work. Where would the microphone locate? Hopefully won't be by the barrel or the feed neck. If you can actually make it work with out costing us consumer an arm or a leg, then it would be a super dope innovation.

I love the sunshade camera....it can be wear as a normal shade and then put a mask on.

#30 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:12 AM

Don't tell me were paying an arm and a leg for this....if not, how is the camera gonna be stable? Or not have the gun shooting take over the entire audio?

I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#31 I CaPsoft I

I CaPsoft I

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

Idk, I'd rather (I'm not buying it, but if I were too...) they just got rid of the camera, because it slow quality, and I'm sure the kick, or recoil, when u shoot ur gun won't help, so I say scratch the camera.:)
Whats a signature?

#32 jordan.f

jordan.f

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

I think this is a great idea and I'm surprised no one else thought of it, but even if the camera was good quality, small, could withstand a paintball( it would not be hard to make it withstand muiltible paintball shots so you will probably have success in that area) , and was affordable, I dont think there is enough interest in having a camera especially if your targeting this gun to recreational player

#33 De Blazer

De Blazer

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

so it has a rocking trigger? lol
"The Bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"-Glenn Palmer

Put this in your sig if you have played 2 man ten ball with ninja dave himself :)

Orange Parts PM8. Take a peek:)

#34 pizimp

pizimp

Jewmacian baller (jewish and Jamaican) Viva la Israel viva la Ja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:34 PM

seems preety cool
Posted Image

Its like a dirty crack head rubbing crack dust over his body and humping a gigantic crack rock....

Buying your upped guns

#35 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:37 PM

make one for eteks and im in
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#36 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

Master of the Ellipsis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

Love the idea, hate the result...

Eh, for each their own right, you be the judge

Posted Image

Posted Image

:blink::blink::blink:

#37 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

looks like a meat tenderizer. perhaps something above the barrel that fits the countour camera's and something built into the walls of the frame to avoid the vibration on camera's that are mounted on guns that you see in many videos.

Something that you can switch camera's out, and make it more capable of option of camera, incase you break one, want to upgrade later in the date. Having a little spy camera is just stupid..

Also trolling? I see it as constructive criticism, without this many companies "smart" idea's were really stupid ones that did not appeal to the buyers.

Also looks like a hammer.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#38 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

Just keep in mind that its still a feed neck, and should function as such. It'd be a bummer to have a camera in a feed neck that sucks as a feed neck.

#39 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:19 AM

bro's I give them HUGE props for doing this

they are doing something different, SO WHAT if the first design doesn't work out well. We can only get BETTER from there.

Why would you be so quick to turn down something, if your not going to use it. shut up and at least try and be constructive.

the marker, yea sure doesnt tickle my fancy, But thats the most original marker to come out of a Shop in the last 3 years. this is a totally unique marker and it has some pretty cool "lets try it out" designs.

(Note to readers: this is not directed at anyone.)

I want to see how you guys plan on getting the Camera in there.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#40 Russian Legion Fan

Russian Legion Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Love the idea, hate the result...

Eh, for each their own right, you be the judge

Posted Image

Posted Image

:blink::blink::blink:

It looks like the Power Rangers made a paintball gunPosted Image...I really hope they mill that down alot more.

#41 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

i agree its too bulky
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#42 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 11:52 AM

It's just too much. Better milling and the gun will be a hit.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#43 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:05 PM

I agree.
It looks way to big.
Also, great idea about the camera, but I'm not sure it will work. Marker shakes and if you just put a camera on there, you will get a lot of shaking in the video. How are you gonna take care of the stabilization?

#44 jtusa181

jtusa181

OnTarget Photography

• Retired Staff
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:22 PM

Meh, dosent bother me, but I have had several bushmasters (which it looks like these guys are basing their bodys off of).

OnTarget Photography

Bitches be haten, time to call all polar bears and beavers the war has begun...

My Feedback

#45 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

make sure it's 720P or better

Will it be a clamping feed neck?

will it be available to put on my SP1
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#46 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 12:40 PM

I think the body looks terrible! <_< It's even bigger then the DM bodies. Dind't think that was possible lol. Hopefully they can cut it down a lot more and give it a slimmer profile.
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#47 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:45 PM

I think the body looks terrible! Posted Image It's even bigger then the DM bodies. Dind't think that was possible lol. Hopefully they can cut it down a lot more and give it a slimmer profile.

^

Imo, these guys are way in the past, speed, bulky body, marketing gimicks that may or may not be successful like being "Banned", crazy ideas to sell guns (Well still kinda works) Like cameras in feednecks, this stuff is generally what people wanted in 2k4-8 now it's 2011, we want light, smooth efficient tourney legal markers that are reliable, and look good
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#48 squire

squire

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

Put your mask down before you smile and say "cheese"

#49 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

Master of the Ellipsis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I think the body looks terrible! Posted Image It's even bigger then the DM bodies. Dind't think that was possible lol. Hopefully they can cut it down a lot more and give it a slimmer profile.

^

Imo, these guys are way in the past, speed, bulky body, marketing gimicks that may or may not be successful like being "Banned", crazy ideas to sell guns (Well still kinda works) Like cameras in feednecks, this stuff is generally what people wanted in 2k4-8 now it's 2011, we want light, smooth efficient tourney legal markers that are reliable, and look good

From what I understand they are purposely adding bulk to allow for customization through milling and anno BY THE CUSTOMER... which is going to be the ultimate failure if that's correct

I don't want to tac on another 250 minimum to get my markers the way I like em, unless I found out I really like the marker stock. By that I'm going to reference my old ion, or cocker for those old shooters. Started off stock then when I discovered I like the feel I dumped COPIOUS amounts of cash into them...

Who knows, maybe these guys are right and everyone will dump cash into making true one of one style markers again, that would actually be cool. I got tired of running into the same marker every time I went out, and I miss the days of "oh yeah, that's mark with the bad ass cocker" or "check out that impulse, he put a lot of work into that"

#50 Kirko017

Kirko017

Say no to drugs!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

^

From what I understand they are purposely adding bulk to allow for customization through milling and anno BY THE CUSTOMER... which is going to be the ultimate failure if that's correct

I don't want to tac on another 250 minimum to get my markers the way I like em, unless I found out I really like the marker stock. By that I'm going to reference my old ion, or cocker for those old shooters. Started off stock then when I discovered I like the feel I dumped COPIOUS amounts of cash into them...

Who knows, maybe these guys are right and everyone will dump cash into making true one of one style markers again, that would actually be cool. I got tired of running into the same marker every time I went out, and I miss the days of "oh yeah, that's mark with the bad ass cocker" or "check out that impulse, he put a lot of work into that"

Great now I have to find a place that will mill and anno a gun for a good price :( I can't even think of a single place that mills paintball guns.

Kent State University Paintball Club
The University of Akron Paintball Club

Eminence

Paintball gear for sale!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users