37 replies to this topic

#1 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

All members are welcome to post up any questions or concerns they have about the new revised BST Rules. This is an open discussion and any feedback is welcome, thanks guys I'm hoping by simplifying some things as well as getting rid of some rules that cause a lot of unnecessary maintenance for staff will give us more time to help protect you guys from potential scams as well as to have more time to help you out with any questions you have.

#2 naterab

naterab

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:50 PM

When were the rules revised?
Zephyr Paintball

For any and all paintball needs

#3 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

We've been working on them for the last 2 weeks, I just posted them up a few minutes ago.

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,931 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

Rule 1.1 says people can say check my sig if they have a link to a TechPB Ad. Does that mean that if their sig links to a photo, or photo album, then it's not allowed?

#5 sclogger

sclogger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

A quick summary of the major changes here might help some people in pointing out the differences.

#6 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

A quick summary of the major changes here might help some people in pointing out the differences.

Read through the whole thing, and you won't have to know what the changes are. Because it doesn't matter what all was changed, what matters is what the new set of rules is.

#7 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Rule 1.1 says people can say check my sig if they have a link to a TechPB Ad. Does that mean that if their sig links to a photo, or photo album, then it's not allowed?

Realistically nobody is going to link to just a pic in their sig it will always be to an ad since they're trying to sell. If it does go to a pic, whatever it still meets our rules about proper pics.

#8 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,954 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thanks for all the hard work on this Orange
:tup:

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#9 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:34 PM

T'was like herding cats, angry cats, angry cats that say hurtful things....

=)

#10 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:28 PM

Realistically nobody is going to link to just a pic in their sig it will always be to an ad since they're trying to sell. If it does go to a pic, whatever it still meets our rules about proper pics.

I've seen 3-4 people link to either a picture, or an album, which is why I asked.

T'was like herding cats, angry cats, angry cats that say hurtful things....

=)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8

#11 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:40 PM

Alright, new question. Rule 1 no longer specifies that people can't ask interest without pictures, like how Rule 3 used to. Does that mean that people can now say "Hey, I've got an Etek 3 for your marker, I'll post pictures if you're interested." ?

#12 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

Added that in.

#13 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,931 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 09:20 PM

Rule 6, I think Users needs to be changed to Sellers. Users gives the impression that nobody is allowed to pay via a gift. Sellers gives the impression that Sellers can't request people to pay them as a gift, but buyers can offer to pay as a gift.

#14 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Orange,

I asked you about a week ago if there is a specific time frame for the ad in which we have to update the picture with the date on it.

I don't see that in the rewritten rules.

What is the situation in regards to it?

Edited by akt22, 24 June 2011 - 12:12 AM.

#15 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 09:33 AM

Added that in.

Rule 6, I think Users needs to be changed to Sellers. Users gives the impression that nobody is allowed to pay via a gift. Sellers gives the impression that Sellers can't request people to pay them as a gift, but buyers can offer to pay as a gift.

Nobody should be paying by gift in general, if you offer to pay as a gift you may as well be asking someone to please scam you. Rule 6 reworded.

Orange,

I asked you about a week ago if there is a specific time frame for the ad in which we have to update the picture with the date on it.

I don't see that in the rewritten rules.

What is the situation in regards to it?

You no longer have to update pics within a certain time frame, it was never intended to be mandatory to update pics it was just interpreted that way by some staff which is why I've clarified it. The reason there was the stipulation that we COULD ask for pics to be updated at anytime was if we suspected the user no longer had the gun and that we could get proof it was or wasn't in their possession any longer. We can still ask for updated pics if we feel it's needed which is covered under Rule 14 with "What staff says is law", however it'll no longer be require/routine.

Just a note though as stated in Rule 1 we do expect people to keep the condition of their products up to date in their ad. We know a lot of this equipment is used on a regular basis and additional wear or damage may occur. It is the seller's responsibility to properly inform potential buyers of the item's condition. If an item is sent out and isn't as described the user will be looking at a ban here, minimum 7 days for a first infraction and we'll also encourage the buyer to leave negative feedback for the seller. We will also encourage them to either return the item at the seller's cost (if they don't want to keep it) and if they do want to keep it expect the seller to do a partial reimbursement.

There is plenty of feedback on the BST now, so we're allowing the feedback system to do more enforcement of what should be expected by a seller, where as before with no feedback at all, a lot of people had nothing to lose so we really had to be on our toes.

#16 old68

old68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sellers are NOT allowed to remove the content of the original sales ad after a transaction has been completed or a deal settled upon. If this content is missing and there is an issue with the deal it leaves staff with no original ad for reference. Once a product is sold please click the "Report" button to have a Moderator close the ad.

Rule 8 needs to be reworded to prohibit removal of content before or after a transaction has been completed or a deal settled upon. The rule is being enforced, quite unreasonably, as also prohibiting removal of content before a transaction has been completed. The current wording quite clearly does not prohibit removal of content before a transaction has taken place, and no reader could be asked, reasonably, to have thought it did. I suggest you modify the rule to reflect what moderators think -as this cannot be called interpretation- Rule 8 says, or instruct them otherwise.

Edited by old68, 24 June 2011 - 10:16 PM.

#17 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:39 PM

It's covered here actually

Rule 8

Sellers are NOT allowed to remove the content of the original sales ad after a transaction has been completed or a deal settled upon. If this content is missing and there is an issue with the deal it leaves staff with no original ad for reference. Once a product is sold please click the "Report" button to have a Moderator close the ad.

Once two users have struck a deal the seller is not to edit the sales ad's content.

#18 Senior SL8R

Senior SL8R

World Domination.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 12:07 AM

Thanks for keeping us safe, guys. (And the like... two? Girl mods we have LOL) We love ya! :tup:
- Crew 343 - D5 -
Posted Image

#19 old68

old68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:32 AM

It's covered here actually

Rule 8

Once two users have struck a deal the seller is not to edit the sales ad's content.

More precisely then, the rule is being enforced as prohibiting removal of content before a transaction has been completed or a deal settled upon. As in this instance: here.

Edited by old68, 25 June 2011 - 05:36 AM.

#20 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 07:39 AM

If no deal has been made I don't care if info is removed, the rule is in place to protect the buyer from the seller trying to hide the stipulations of the deal.

#21 old68

old68

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

If no deal has been made I don't care if info is removed, the rule is in place to protect the buyer from the seller trying to hide the stipulations of the deal.

vis-a-vis

We still need you to leave the content in the thread. We do this so that if people lie and say they decided not to sell or it sold local and actually made deals through pm;s we have some evidence to go by if there is a scam. Next time just hit report and tell the mods you have decided not to sell and we will lock the thread.

#22 guckymeister

guckymeister

MORE COWBELL

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:26 AM

When exactly can you say a gun is pending to someone?
Its an awesome feeling when you dont have any guns to sell :D
My feedback

#23 longstar550

longstar550

music is like candy you have to throw away the rappers

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 01:09 PM

does anouncing a price change count as a bump? because it does change the information
Need help getting your gun working click the link below, also click below for a chance to win free paint
http://www.techpb.co...7

#24 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:46 AM

When exactly can you say a gun is pending to someone?

When you've agreed on a deal and you're waiting for cash/product to be sent.

does anouncing a price change count as a bump? because it does change the information

I'd say yes. Unless you're replying to someone it counts as a bump is the rule of thumb to follow.

#25 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

After you have either sold or traded the gun, are you supposed to hit the report button and tell you mods that the thread needs to be closed, that the gun is gone?
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#26 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

After you have either sold or traded the gun, are you supposed to hit the report button and tell you mods that the thread needs to be closed, that the gun is gone?

Ideally yes but it's not required, it's more of a courtesy and helps keep things clean.

#27 Aulldeath

Aulldeath

Pain is irrelevent, yet inevitable.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:22 AM

ok, thanks Orange.
Posted Image
Yes, I work at Wal*Mart, got a problem with that?

#28 imaginarypuppets

imaginarypuppets

I have the cape, I get to make the whooshing noises!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

If someone made a previous offer to another person who declined the offer, is it ok to contact that person to see if their offer is still up for grabs if their offer was not in an official thread, just pics (that abide by techpb's rules about pics) in someone else's thread? Sorry if this question is a little confusing, I wasn't sure how to word it :blink:

I'll give you an example. Guy A wants to trade for Guy B's geo 2. Guy A offers a g6r, but only posts pics, and does not have an official thread for the g6r. Guy B declines the offer of his geo 2 for Guy A's g6r. Is it ok for someone to ask Guy A if he is willing to sell his g6r or put up a thread for it?

Edited by imaginarypuppets, 22 July 2011 - 02:02 PM.

My Techpb BST feedback: http://www.techpb.co...1

[PB2011] I counter offer with ion that has the national debt in u
[imaginarypuppets] PB2011 the national debt is inside of me?

G6r fst: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=181183

#29 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

You can ask the guy to put up an ad, that's cool with me.

#30 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:31 PM

Is Airsoft still prohibited? It was mentioned in the rules, but I saw a thread for an airsoft gun the other day, and on of the BST Mods OK'd the ad.

LINKY http://www.techpb.co...1

#31 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

We've decided to kill off Airsoft again due to the fact that there is too much regulation and laws pertaining to them.

#32 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Gotcha. Thanks for the update. :tup:

#33 Kushddiction

Kushddiction

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:14 PM

Looking at the pending info, I have a question. I agreed to buy a marker off a person on techpb. We agreed on a price and was waiting for my paypal to activate my bank account and pay as soon as that was agreed upon, and he would send the marker. But then he says he got a better deal and he's going to sell it to him. So is that a deal that just fell through?

#34 Kushddiction

Kushddiction

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

The seller should have put the selling marker on pending, but then he was accepting offers while the marker was agreed upon to be sold to me.

Edited by Kushddiction, 30 August 2011 - 08:24 PM.

#35 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:08 PM

That's just a case of a second rate seller unfortunately, next time ask the seller to set the item as pending.

#36 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

What are the rules on posting something in a gear bag sale? I have a CP reg listed in my gear bag, am I allowed to create a thread just for the reg in the Misc section?

#37 filphil

filphil

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:46 AM

Are we allowed to ask a buyer to cover shipping costs in our ad now? I may have missed it with the new rules set but I don't see anything that says we cannot.

#38 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

You can have them cover shipping costs, but it's against Paypal's Terms of Use to require the buyer to cover fees. You would need to factor the Paypal fees into the price. That's why you'll see some people listing something like $498.63.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users