878 replies to this topic

#51 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:34 PM

Moseying over accomplished. I live by and play with slayerofshadows.

I can has membership?

#52 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Waz geeeewd

#53 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

A few people know me here, I live in addison area and drive over an hour to play at dfwap because I personally think its the best with the best variety of fields...

I and some friends on here have been trying to get more tech pb people together for a while and if anyone is interested I would like to get some people to play on next sun the 31st..

I'll join your little club since i live here and already know some of the members.. Though im not alwasy active due to work, I always have weekends off..

I HAVE NEW GUNS/UPGRADES... a tid bit of info for those who already know me.. :P
Jump! Quick, like a lil bunny - Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

FEEDBACK-- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=138217

#54 TheSideShow

TheSideShow

amor obscuritatem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

im in on the club and would like to meet up and play
RIP BORG

#55 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:28 AM

I'm on the forum on my phone via Tapatalk, so I can't tell, but did someone make a sig picture for the group yet? If not, I'll take on the project.

#56 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 04:08 PM

I just had a few minutes after class, so let me know if you like this. I have a couple other ideas I'm still working on, but this was the easiest one lol

Posted Image

#57 TheSideShow

TheSideShow

amor obscuritatem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:15 PM

i like it.
RIP BORG

#58 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

That looks awesome! I might make it my new sig later.

What other ones were you working on?

#59 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

I and some friends on here have been trying to get more tech pb people together for a while and if anyone is interested I would like to get some people to play on next sun the 31st..

Any chance we could bump this date a little later? I just played this weekend and I'd like to meet up with some of the TechPB guys out there. Would the 7th or the 14th of August work better for anyone else? I can't really afford to play 2 weeks in a row, but if everyone is set on this Sunday, I can just meet up another weekend.

Edited by cdub, 27 July 2011 - 03:04 PM.

#60 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:01 PM

That looks awesome! I might make it my new sig later.

What other ones were you working on?

Thanks. I'm having an issue with some of them having too much white on it...just looks awkward lol. I want to keep the r/w/b colors on there, but it's hard to keep it dual-purposes as far as speedball/woodsball goes. If anyone has any suggestions, I can mock up a few more.

#61 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:13 PM

The 31st is not good for me at all. I'm waiting for December/January, and cooler weather. :lol:

Got PBpancake, TheSideShow, Predator or Prey, and SlayerOfShad0ws added to the member list. Did I miss anybody?

For the sig, I like that idea. Anybody who wants to can toss out an idea, and when we think we have enough to choose from, we'll have ourselves a vote, and pick the winner.

Also, since somebody mentioned a new marker...

Posted Image

Posted Image

That should be here monday, and I should hopefully have a purple warp by saturday.

#62 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

The 31st is not good for me at all. I'm waiting for December/January, and cooler weather.

Yea, it was pretty freakin hot this past weekend. I know there are some scenario games in September that I'm going to do that will be a little cooler.

I think also that if we try to plan something a month or so in advance, people would have a better chance on saving up/scheduling for a group outing. Thoughts?

#63 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

How I did it in the Illinois Ballers Club, was we planned something 2-3 months in advance, so people could request the day off work, save up money for it, find a ride, all that stuff. We had a calendar of events too, so if we knew about something in advance, I'd add it to the calendar on the first page. It worked out really well, and we usually got a fairly good sized group to go, when we had time to plan. The one thing that annoyed people, was people who either backed out at the last second for no good reason, or who just decided to not show up the day of, and never said anything. We'd go to the field, reserve a few tables, expecting 20 or so people, and only 5 or 6 show up, which doesn't make for a fun day. So, basically, if you say you're going to show up, show up. If you don't know if you'll show up or not, say you're a maybe. If you're not going to show up, say so.

#64 Paintballer_13

Paintballer_13

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

damn this whole meeting up thing is to far for me to go too love the new sig btw

Edited by Paintballer_13, 27 July 2011 - 08:09 PM.

#65 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:08 PM

Anyone here going to TPPG?

#66 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

Anyone here going to TPPG?

What's that?
On another note, anyone playing AXBL #3? I know I am it's gonna be a grind.

#67 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:58 PM

Any chance we could bump this date a little later? I just played this weekend and I'd like to meet up with some of the TechPB guys out there. Would the 7th or the 14th of August work better for anyone else? I can't really afford to play 2 weeks in a row, but if everyone is set on this Sunday, I can just meet up another weekend.

hey you can meet up with us any time.. I usually go every weekend, but lately it has been every other weekend (payday lol)... Anytime you wanna go, just hit me up, or this page and we can all plan something.. Im definitely going this sun since i already made plans with my other newb friends to go and everyone is welcome, but Im always down to play..

#68 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

The 31st is not good for me at all. I'm waiting for December/January, and cooler weather. :lol:
You have to get use to it sometime...WELCOME TO TEXAS BUDDY!!!
Got PBpancake, TheSideShow, Predator or Prey, and SlayerOfShad0ws added to the member list. Did I miss anybody?

For the sig, I like that idea. Anybody who wants to can toss out an idea, and when we think we have enough to choose from, we'll have ourselves a vote, and pick the winner.

#69 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:07 PM

You have to get use to it sometime...WELCOME TO TEXAS BUDDY!!!

Oh I'm used to it, I worked for two summers at my Uncle's boat shop in Lewisville, and used to visit my grandparents every summer, when I was younger. I'm used to the heat, but it doesn't mean I'll enjoy it. ;) Besides, I like my snow. :wub:

#70 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:10 PM

agreed.. lol.. I do miss the snow... but every now and then we get a good one...(for texas anyway) hell the last two winters were pretty good with snow..

Oh yeah BTW I was the one who mentioned new toys...

Posted Image

Edited by Predator or Prey, 27 July 2011 - 11:17 PM.

#71 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

But I wasn't here the last two winters, I was up north. ;) The good thing about Texas, is they're very pro gun. I can't wait to be here a year, so I can get myself a CHP.

#72 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Oh yeah we need to go shooting sometime.. I use to have a 1911, and an m4 carbine, till I had to sell for bill money... Im now saving up for an mr556, but will probably change out the match barrel better if I find one. Or is santas good maybe he will get me an hk16 upper, for the mr556 lower :P

BTW.. I will eventually take council if nothing higher lol

P.S. on the pic of my markers, I fully upped the ego perfectly, and everything on the angel except the board will be comming soon. I left my original spyder and the karni all stock.

Edited by Predator or Prey, 27 July 2011 - 11:26 PM.

#73 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:28 PM

As of right now, I'm more worried about getting myself a conceal and carry weapon, and a shotgun. Shooting the shotgun sure was fun, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

#74 TheSideShow

TheSideShow

amor obscuritatem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:02 AM

im going to be visiting family in San Antonio. anyone in that area want to meet up next week?
RIP BORG

#75 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

As of right now, I'm more worried about getting myself a conceal and carry weapon, and a shotgun. Shooting the shotgun sure was fun, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

I've got my CHL, love it. I have a Sig 9mm single stack that I usually carry. I'd like a .45, just not in the funds. Plus, it's a little harder to conceal lol.

#76 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:24 AM

Fish camp at 8am and I can't sleep. Awesome.

I love how pro-gun Texas is. My stepdad keeps a 20 gauge by his dresser. Definitely adds a sense of security in the house.

#77 81794mn

81794mn

wow i have a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:47 AM

yall should come out to the viper game in forney
Team-Texas Roughnecks, www.TexasRoughnecks.org

#78 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:11 AM

I've got my CHL, love it. I have a Sig 9mm single stack that I usually carry. I'd like a .45, just not in the funds. Plus, it's a little harder to conceal lol.

If it's harder to conceal, it just means you're not trying hard enough. ;)

Links to info?

#79 P51

P51

..you want mirrion dorrar?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Fish camp at 8am and I can't sleep. Awesome.

I love how pro-gun Texas is. My stepdad keeps a 20 gauge by his dresser. Definitely adds a sense of security in the house.

FISHHH

Hahaha, velcome to ze highschoolz!

Success is my only mothafuckin' option, failure's not
P51's Feedback

#80 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

Links to info?

http://www.cousinspa...ail&eventid=109

#81 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Ok. I've done a few more sigs, but I'm not going to even bother uploading the others, because this is by far my favorite one. I hope you guys like it.

Posted Image

Edited by cdub, 28 July 2011 - 02:01 PM.

#82 TheSideShow

TheSideShow

amor obscuritatem

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:24 PM

@cdub
I'll sketch up an idea this weekend and email/ pm it to you for the sig. Cause I don't have my comp with me I was wondering if you could transfer to computer
RIP BORG

#83 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:28 PM

@cdub
I'll sketch up an idea this weekend and email/ pm it to you for the sig. Cause I don't have my comp with me I was wondering if you could transfer to computer

Yea, no problem.

#84 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:26 PM

So is anyone going to be up at DFWAP this Sunday? I'll probably be there for awhile, but I don't think I'm going to play. It'd be nice to meet a few of y'all.

#85 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

Ya im there sunday.. just look for black and white empires, with black and white shemagh..

#86 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Nope, I won't be there. However, my co-worker is interested in paintball, and wants to take her girlfriend out paintballing on her birthday. Yes, this is a long ways off, but please mark your calenders down for the 18th or 19th of February. No idea which field it'll be at, I'll worry about that around the beginning of february. But I'd like to get a very large gathering of people, because I'd like to try and get a private game set up, or something like that, so that they can have a good experience, their first time playing, and hopefully they won't get discouraged, since they won't be playing with experienced people who won't go easy on newbies.

#87 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:13 AM

just an idea in case we dont get a large group.. at dfwap there are usually at least 100 walkons, some use rentals and some use there own, but usually a pretty good mix

#88 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:44 AM

Yeah, I was planning on having it at DFW, however, since I've never been to any fields in Texas, I was gonna let you guys voice your opinions, and say why. Don't want to have a field all picked out, and then have everybody tells me it sucks, and is a horrible field.

#89 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

I think I'd be able to make to dfw.

#90 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:20 PM

Not like you can use the excuse of "Oh, I didn't know about it, I already made plans. Or "Oh, well I forgot to ask that day off, so I have to work." Or any other excuse like that, since it's not for like another 7 months, lol. I just want a big huge group, so they don't feel alone, and I want them to see just how much fun it is, and how you can meet all sorts of great people at the paintball field. Basically, I want to do my best to hook them on the sport of paintball, that way I can have somebody to carpool with, lol.

#91 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

Sounds awesome. DFWAP would defiantly be the place to go with a large group. They have tons of different fields to play on, some pretty massive. I've got a group of fiends around here that I'll drag with me as well.

#92 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:31 PM

Well, it sounds like we'll most likely be at DFWAP then, unless people have major objections. Who's got buddies at a field, or store, or some place like that, that can get us a discount on a large paint order? Figure if we buy paint for the group all at one time, it'd save us a butt load, rather than everybody buys their own individually. It's what we did once or twice in the IBC, and it really helped keep costs down. However, we were semi-sponsored by a field, who was more than happy to get us decent prices on paint. So I don't know how we'd go about getting a semi-sponsorship like that.

#93 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

Burn177 is a ref at dfw too btw, I play xbox with him a lot, I can talk to him about anything if you guys need to, also, peanutwing is a regular there. Oh and if anyone here ever comes to fun on the run, I'm up there most weekends.

Edited by hogzilla88, 31 July 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#94 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:39 PM

Depending on how many people we end up getting, might want to look into a private group, depending on if that would save us money on entry. However, if the majority of the players at DFWAP aren't cheating assholes who'd run the girls away from paintball, then I wouldn't be that worried about getting a private group.

#95 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 12:58 PM

From what I hear, the people up there aren't cheating assholes, but I haven't been there in a long time.

#96 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 01:10 PM

Hmm, an hour and a half away, not too bad of a drive, just hope gas prices won't be bad in February. Do you guys generally bring your own paint to DFW? Or do you buy their paint?

#97 SublimeDPG4

SublimeDPG4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,254 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

I'll go!!! Road trip!!! Woot!!! Woot!!

#98 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,932 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 05:39 PM

You gonna be at DFWAP in February Pred? Trying to get a list started on the first page. So if you're going, or might be going, say so, so I know who to put where.

#99 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Hey im there any weekend thats possible.. just hope its on a payday weekend otherwise ill have to save lol... Its still going to be kinda cold in feb, u think that may discourage the girls??

Also there is a really good paintball post for girls writen by girls I came accross a while ago, thats has alot of really good information for girls, like what to wear (girl specific clothing that we do not know names of) what type and were to pad with said specific girl clothing... I just dont know where it is at the moment

P.S. Please make it on a sunday, otherwise I have a time limit since I share a car..

P.S.S.- I will be taking council

Edited by Predator or Prey, 31 July 2011 - 06:21 PM.

#100 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

No cheating a-holes at DFWAP. Refs are good about keeping the riff-raff out. They do have large group rates, but it's more for church groups and birthday parties that all need rentals. I'm a regular and in pretty good with some of the management, so I can definitely talk to them about getting a large group out there with some kind of discounts either for entry or paint.

If we can get a good group out there a couple of times, I was actually going to ask them to maybe help us out with something more long term, maybe not necessarily a sponsorship, but we need to make sure we do this the right way.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users