• Please log in to reply
878 replies to this topic

#101 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Hey im there any weekend thats possible.. just hope its on a payday weekend otherwise ill have to save lol... Its still going to be kinda cold in feb, u think that may discourage the girls??

Also there is a really good paintball post for girls writen by girls I came accross a while ago, thats has alot of really good information for girls, like what to wear (girl specific clothing that we do not know names of) what type and were to pad with said specific girl clothing... I just dont know where it is at the moment

P.S. Please make it on a sunday, otherwise I have a time limit since I share a car..

P.S.S.- I will be taking council

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Would like to get more input from the other members, before a specific date is chosen, but I'm down for sunday. And no, the cold won't discourage them. My co-worker is really excited to finally get to play paintball, she's not going to let anything stand in the way. And I believe it was Becc who made the most widely known advice thread, about how to get a girl to play. I'll have to print it out and hang it to my co-worker.

And fine, you can have a council spot.

No cheating a-holes at DFWAP. Refs are good about keeping the riff-raff out. They do have large group rates, but it's more for church groups and birthday parties that all need rentals. I'm a regular and in pretty good with some of the management, so I can definitely talk to them about getting a large group out there with some kind of discounts either for entry or paint.

If we can get a good group out there a couple of times, I was actually going to ask them to maybe help us out with something more long term, maybe not necessarily a sponsorship, but we need to make sure we do this the right way.

I sure do hope that we could convince the management to help us out, that would be awesome. And I'll try and get out a few times during the winter, when the weather is nice, and I'll definitely try to go to DFW the majority of those times.

Just gotta wonder if my co-worker will get me anything special for doing all the leg work with getting her two complete setups, and setting up a big game for her, lol.

#102 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Awesome.. we went out today, and since there was a heat warning not many people were out today, but I met up with walter, I just cant remember which screen name he is... DFW decided to close early so they gave all of us a free entry pass for next time..

I play all year long so you know I'll join in.. I played last year in the snow, and it was SOOOO much fun..

yay for council-lol

and she if she has anyfriends who want to get in and try paintball.. I mean if we are going to do the whole private group then at least you know we will show them how to play, help when needed, and basically show them a good time, without having them surrounded by all walkons just trying to get a piece of the new paintball girls..

P.S.- Im planning another get together with some friends on the 14 (2WEEKS) not this weekend but next... Anyone and everyone is welcome to join...

Edited by Predator or Prey, 31 July 2011 - 06:50 PM.

Jump! Quick, like a lil bunny - Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

FEEDBACK-- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=138217

#103 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:53 PM

I'll talk to her about inviting out more friends, if we get enough people to show interest in going. Don't want her to invite people, promise them a private game, and then only have enough people for open play.

I love playing in the snow, it's a blast, definitely the best way to play paintball. Never have to worry about overheating, and I won't get too cold down here, so it'll be perfect. Just gotta pick up contacts so that I won't have to worry about my glasses fogging up.

#104 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:01 PM

Lol, you added me to council, but i also said id come for sure to the friends birthday..

#105 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

Your eyes deceive you. :ph34r:

#106 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

The cake lies...

#107 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:05 PM

But women taste so good. :wub:

#108 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:06 PM

YESSIR!!!!!

#109 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:10 PM

Oh, and I might be moving into a place in McKinney with my buddy and his roommate, so that will put me closer to DFW, which is good.

#110 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:18 PM

well im still all the way out in addison so :(

#111 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:34 PM

That's okay, gas is cheap down here, it's like $0.50-0.60 more expensive up in Illinois, where I'm from. And it'll be fun playing paintball.

#112 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:35 PM

Oh im always down no matter the prices... just not the hour or so drive lol

#113 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:37 PM

It'll be worth it. I lived an hour away from CPX, but I drove it with no complaints, because the experience was just that great. Does DFW have any good, expensive fields like Bedlam at CPX? Bedlam is the one with the village, that everybody loves.

#114 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:42 PM

I havnt been to cpx, they just upp'd there speedball field with a pro lasertag field, pieced it up and made a pretty decent hyperball field.. mustang village is well done but its not an all out village unfortunatly it has a couple wo story places, and some big rig trailers cut out to be like little buildings, and a tower if u dare to get up there lol... They have enough land to do a big badass village/urban setting, and I don't care if I have to offer to build it as long as they get me the supplies to do so...

#115 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

The problem with big village fields, is they can be expensive to build. CPX's village field cost over $1 million to build. And I'm not into speedball, I play woodsball. After walking by a speedball field and hearing "Get out you fucking super awesome ninja's of doom! I hit you on your loader you bitch!" And other stuff like that, I refuse to walk onto a speedball field with people like that. So, unless I know for sure there aren't assholes on it, I won't get on a speedball field. At least in woodsball, those people are very few and far between, so I don't have to deal with it anywhere near as much.

#116 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:16 PM

No I usually never hear things like that, they dont like that kinda language since there are kids around, and you can say something if people are getting too abnoxious... is the cpx field the same one in midnight angels videos?? if so that does look like an extremly expensive village, but we dont need the brick look, and moldings, just some fake wooden houses, towm center, two story building.. nothing big

http://www.youtube.c...u/1/vyO9RLAjTAM

2:47 and on is the one im talking about that is kinda overdone... but we could still do something like this at well over half the cost cheaper..

#117 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:25 PM

Yup, 2:47 is Bedlam, just like it says on the screen. It's a very well done field, and I really enjoy playing on it. My issue with speedball, is that people seem to think it's normal, and accepted to cheat, play on, and all that shit. Woodsball is generally filled with newbies, and renters, who play by the rules, which is what I like. That, and I suck at paintball, so renters and newbies are on my playing level.

#118 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:31 PM

I've actually been talking with one of the managers at DFWAP to make a promo video for the field, so if you can't make a trip out there for awhile, I can at least show you what it looks like. Mustang Village, like Predator said, is made out of the large metal shipping containers from railroad cars. It's actually one of my favorite fields. "Grande" is more of the woodsball "defend the fort" sort of thing. There are towers that you can play from, as well as bunkers around the fort.

If you like playing in the cold weather, there is a scenario, the "Battle of Bastogne", that they host in January every year. I've gone the past few years and it's always a blast. I'm planning on going in 2012 also.

#119 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:37 PM

i can feel ya, but let me show you around dfw and i know you wont be dissappointed.. dont let whats happened in the past at other fields effect the way you see a totaly different place.. the atmosphere at dfw is way better than any other ive been too... the refs actually care, they will only give you a warning at first if you start cussin, wiping, bunkering when not allowed, ect... and are not affraid to kick someone out of the game if they continue.. Like I said if you see something that isnt appropriate on the field or around kids you can say something to a ref and they wont just blow you off.. Where is that cpx field at?? Like i said we could probably build a damn good if not better field for cheaper if we dont add all the asthetics like foux brick, and bars on windows, and crown moulding on trim, ect...

#120 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:39 PM

I'll probably be there, depending on what money is like. I might be renting a house with a buddy of mine, which means I'd have to start paying for all my own shit. So paintball might be taking a back seat here pretty soon, it all just depends on what goes down within the next few weeks/months. But, I might not be moving in, I don't know. Only time will tell.

#121 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

well even if your not playing come out on the 14.. and ill show you all around dfw, and can even watch up close on games to show you how the refs here do, and how the games are run..

#122 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

I'll see what I can do.

Here's another village style field, way lower cost, and from the first field I played at.

#123 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:12 PM

I couldnt really tell the guy kept going off to the side in the trees kinda.. didnt get to really see the village

#124 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

He may have more vids of the village, or somebody else might. Search Fox Paintball Villiage. I know there are more vids of the Village.

#125 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:40 PM

Here's a vid I found that shows The Village better.

#126 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:59 PM

O hai, I'm all up in here requesting membership

I always play at DFWAP, occasionally some other fields. I think this is a great idea.

#127 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:11 AM

Got you added, welcome to the club.

#128 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:48 AM

hey whats going on peanut.. did you find this thread by yourself or through the link i left in infected thread..

#129 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:18 AM

The Link, thanks bro.

#130 81794mn

81794mn

wow i have a custom member title

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:52 AM

Add me!
Team-Texas Roughnecks, www.TexasRoughnecks.org

#131 PBpancake

PBpancake

Forever Alone

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

What was this I heard about an event in February?

#132 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

Add me!

Got you added.

What was this I heard about an event in February?

My co-worker's girlfriend's birthday is in February, and my co-worker is going to get her girlfriend paintball stuff. So I told my co-worker that I'd help her get good deals on equipment, and that I would find a place for them to play paintball. So we're going to play at DFW in February for her birthday, and I need everybody to do their best to make it, because I want a huge crowd of TechPB people there. I want to show both of them just how fun paintball is, just how friendly the people are, and how you can make some great friends. I want to get them hooked on the sport, and try to get them to come out and play regularly.

Edited by TK-421, 01 August 2011 - 01:05 PM.

#133 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:21 PM

Hey did anyone go to the axbl #3?

#134 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:34 PM

the what?

#135 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:33 PM

Here's another sig idea. This is based off of a sketch that TheSideShow e-mailed me.

Edit: I am going to make a new thread in a few days with a poll so people can vote. Get your ideas submitted soon if you have any more! If you don't feel comfortable with your PhotoShop skills, just send me some ideas and I'll see what I can mock up. Thanks.

Posted Image

Edited by cdub, 01 August 2011 - 05:36 PM.

#136 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Ok. I've done a few more sigs, but I'm not going to even bother uploading the others, because this is by far my favorite one. I hope you guys like it.

Posted Image

So far I like this one better, but instead of 1 woodsball and three speed, how about 3v3 wood and speed

#137 Slayer0fShad0ws

Slayer0fShad0ws

Haters Be Learners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,653 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 11:19 PM

I was talking about the big Texas wide tournament that was in zone south in Houston

#138 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:37 AM

Ok. I've done a few more sigs, but I'm not going to even bother uploading the others, because this is by far my favorite one. I hope you guys like it.

Posted Image

So far I like this one better, but instead of 1 woodsball and three speed, how about 3v3 wood and speed

Because woodsballers are so bad ass, you only need one, to take out three speedballers. B)

#139 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:40 AM

Thursday will be like Christmas in July. I'm supposed to receive a marker, and will hopefully receive a mask and a tank. Wish I had planned ahead and picked up a hopper, but I forgot to bid on them, lol. Oh well, life goes on. Now I just have to buy an upgrade or two for my new marker, once I make sure it works, and was what I paid for. And apparently the guy was sick, so his assistant shipped it, but his assistant shipped it as parcel post, instead of priority, so the guy refunded me $10. So, in the end, I only paid $185 for a marker worth over $400. I feel like such a badass at finding good deals. B)

#140 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:27 AM

Because woodsballers are so bad ass, you only need one, to take out three speedballers. B)

This.

Thursday will be like Christmas in July. I'm supposed to receive a marker, and will hopefully receive a mask and a tank. Wish I had planned ahead and picked up a hopper, but I forgot to bid on them, lol. Oh well, life goes on. Now I just have to buy an upgrade or two for my new marker, once I make sure it works, and was what I paid for. And apparently the guy was sick, so his assistant shipped it, but his assistant shipped it as parcel post, instead of priority, so the guy refunded me $10. So, in the end, I only paid $185 for a marker worth over $400. I feel like such a badass at finding good deals. B)

What'd you get?

#141 MURPHofPBP

MURPHofPBP

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:49 AM

add me if u want. i play at paintball paradise
POOPIE DOOPIE DOOPIE DOO

#142 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

This.

What'd you get?

ULE'd X-Valved Automag RT Pro, a purple warp, a Ninja 50/45, and a Proto Pro Axis. Don't think I got anything more than that, but we'll just have to wait and find out.

add me if u want. i play at paintball paradise

Got you added, welcome to the club.

#143 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

Nice. I love my Pro Axis. Best mask I've ever worn.

#144 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

I don't like it, because it doesn't fit around my glasses well. The inside of my clear lens was all scratched to hell, because of the sides of my glasses rubbing on the lens. And it always pulled my glasses off my face whenever I took my mask off. So I had to start wearing a lame looking strap, so that my glasses would stay on my face when I took my mask off. And the main reason I haven't played paintball in forever is because of my glasses. They always fog when I have my mask on, and they fog bad. There have been quite a few times where I've had to stand in the middle of the field, because my glasses fogged up so bad that I couldn't see, and I didn't want to trip and break an ankle. So I've been waiting until I can afford to get contacts. And yes, I did try anti-fog stuff, and it worked, but I sweat a lot, and sweat always drips onto my glasses, so I have to clean them after every game. And I just don't have the money to re-apply anti-fog stuff after every single game. I'm just gonna wait for contacts before I play more.

#145 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:34 PM

Damn... No one down for the 14th yet??? common 2 weeks notice.. put in those requests.. save some of that check... If your TK, then just get down there so i can show you around, and you can see whats its like there..

#146 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

My wife is trying to find a job right now, so we are a little tight on cash. I'm gonna get down there at least 1 more time this month, though...just don't know when.

#147 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:32 AM

Damn... No one down for the 14th yet??? common 2 weeks notice.. put in those requests.. save some of that check... If your TK, then just get down there so i can show you around, and you can see whats its like there..

My main issue is the glasses fogging thing. It fucking sucks to be out on the paintball field, and not able to play, because your glasses fog so bad you can't see. Otherwise, I'd try and go.

I'm gonna shoot some shit with my marker on thursday, and show my buddy my equipment, so I'll put my mask on then, and see how bad it fogs. If it doesn't fog bad, I might go on the 14th, but I don't know.

#148 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:50 AM

I know you mentioned the anti-fog stuff before, but have you tried FogDoc? It's pretty amazing. It withstood several paint hits and wiping them off and never fogged on me. Might be worth a shot. I have some of you want to try it sometime.

#149 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,918 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

Yup, that's what I use. But, like I said, I sweat a lot, and my sweat drips on my glasses. If I just wipe the sweat off, it leaves smears and stuff, so I have to clean my glasses with windex, and then I'll have to reapply the fogdoc, and I'd go through a lot of fog doc in a day, which I can't afford. I'm too tired and lazy and stressed to go hunt down their website. I need to know how much it'll cost for entry and a case of paint. And would it be cheaper for somebody to pick me up a case of paint, and then pay their byop entry? And I want good quality paint, like RPS Premium and up quality.

And where is a paintball store in the sherman/denison area?

#150 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 12:24 PM

The paint prices are pretty reasonable. I haven't found much that would benefit for paying their $10 paint fee.

Also, the Pro Axis has a fan that you can get. It just snaps right in place, really easy to take in and out, and it doesn't stick out at all. You might try that.

I used to go to Holiman's back in the day. They were on Texoma Parkway right by 75, kinda where the Taco Bell is. I think they moved out to Luella, though.

Edit: I just Googled paintball in Sherman, TX and found Right Angle Paintball, off Hwy 11. (903-868-0023) I have no idea if they are open, because I've never heard of them. Also Dynamo Paintball in Bonham.

Edited by cdub, 03 August 2011 - 12:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users