14 replies to this topic

#1 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:06 PM

So I'm thinking of getting an 8.1. Does it come stock with a first strike mag?

Also, where does the remote adaptor go?

And when you release the mag, with a 12 gram, does itseal it off? Or doe the whole .12 gram vent?

#2 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

The 8.1 is AWESOME! I highly recommend it though the 9.1 is really cool and a bit more versatile.

I think there are 2 ways of running a remote line with the 8.1. One way is through a magazine conversion kit that lets you run a remote line through a magazine instead of using a 12 gram co2. The other way is through the back of the pistol. Which would be really nice if TA had airless mags that took advantage of that. They are working on them I hear.

And the 12 grams do seal when you eject the magazine. If it isn't sealing then there is a problem with the magazine. Or maybe the 12 gram was put in crooked.

Mine came stock with first strike mags. The players pack for the 8.1 is pretty nice. It comes with a case, the gun, I believe 2 mags, a pistol holder and strap for your leg, and some extra spring and o rings.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#3 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 08:59 AM

I've been looking at the players pack. Thanks a lot for the answers, thats exactly what I needed to know.

Oh one more thing, how does the 8.1 mount a sight? A very small red dot, obviously. Saw someone do it at my field.

#4 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

I've been looking at the players pack. Thanks a lot for the answers, thats exactly what I needed to know.

Oh one more thing, how does the 8.1 mount a sight? A very small red dot, obviously. Saw someone do it at my field.

Actually the down side to the T8.1 is that there is no tac rail on the top for mounting sites. There are ways around that, I am sure. But I don't really know how myself. If you find that guy at your field ask him how he got that sight on there. And I'd be very interested to know how he did it myself. The T9.1 does have a tac rail on the top. But it costs a bit more than the 8.1.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#5 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,847 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

So I'm thinking of getting an 8.1. Does it come stock with a first strike mag?

Also, where does the remote adaptor go?

And when you release the mag, with a 12 gram, does itseal it off? Or doe the whole .12 gram vent?

If you buy a T8.1 it will come with a first strike mag, not a regular mag. The remote line adapter is only available with a t9.1 although I've heard that you can switch the blocks to make a t8.1 able to shoot remote. Not for sure on that... And the 12 gram will seal off since there's a tiny valve in the magazine, although you will lose maybe 1-2 shots every time you remove the magazine from the gun. It was always a habit for me to change 12 grams after every mag. I know you can shoot more but if I'm already shooting FS rounds I wanted them to get to the person I was firing at, not drop 40 feet out because of low pressure.

EDIT:

Remote line clarification-
There are two ways of running remote with tiberius guns. The first is to run remote off the rear ASA of a t9.1. That's what I was talking about above. The second way is to run remote through the magazine remote adapter. You have to remove the screw which holds the 12 grams and replace it with the adapter and be sure to tighten it up against the magazine valve. Either of the t8.1s or t9.1s can use remote this way.

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 25 June 2011 - 11:59 AM.

#6 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

I got to use first strikes at LL4 which is why I was really interested. I saw someone run remote like a TPX too.

#7 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:51 AM

They are fun, but don't drop the magazines a bunch you will break them, and then god will kill a kitten.

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#8 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

When you get the 8.1, it comes with a FS mag. If you want to add a sight to the marker, some guy on the TB forums sells T8 mods that look sick. You can add a last for CQB, have an awesome mini picitany rail for a right of your prefrence.

I don't believe that the T8.1 has the remote line adapter.

Also the players pack is very good and worthwhile. If you do use a T8.1 to shoot first stirkes, you can buy the 17 rnd extension mags from Spec Ops when they get back in stock.

Hope this helps- Slov Peter

PS: Ask UV Halo, XGC Cheevo, me, or any other TB arms owner for any questions. UV Halo is very mathematically correct in the FS world. :D

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#9 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:18 AM

When you get the 8.1, it comes with a FS mag. If you want to add a sight to the marker, some guy on the TB forums sells T8 mods that look sick. You can add a last for CQB, have an awesome mini picitany rail for a right of your prefrence.

Also the players pack is very good and worthwhile. If you do use a T8.1 to shoot first stirkes, you can buy the 17 rnd extension mags from Spec Ops when they get back in stock.

PS: Ask UV Halo, XGC Cheevo, me, or any other TB arms owner for any questions. UV Halo is very mathematically correct in the FS world. :D

Hey do you know who it i that sells these mods? I have been looking for something to allow me to add a sight to the top of my gun.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#10 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:48 PM

I think UMS( Underground mod shop) did them, but they closed down. I will see if they have any extra's to sell

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#11 BallStacks

BallStacks

Bad ass Unicorn Riding Ninja!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

Hey do you know who it i that sells these mods? I have been looking for something to allow me to add a sight to the top of my gun.

Fixxxer makes triggers and Mag releases, and Skullcandy1993 and PzPickles make rails, stippled grips and magazine window mods, and other cool modifications. Those are all users on the Tiberius arms forums, shoot 'em up a pm if you need anything done, and I'm sure they can help you out.

LINKS:
http://forums.tiberi...read.php?t=4016 Trigs and Mag releases

http://forums.tiberi...read.php?t=3811 grips, Sight rails, etc.

Edited by BallStacks, 28 June 2011 - 02:26 PM.

I would have made a real signature, but then I got lazy

Posted Image

#12 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:24 PM

I do not believe the 8.0 sight rail addons will/would work with the 8.1. It has a different back end. However, I do know that there are companies who make compact red dot sights that are designed to interface with the rear dovetail of firearm pistol slides. The key thing is if those will fit the T8.1 dovetail?

I've heard a rumor that Tiberius has already released a remote line adapter for the 8.1 (back end of body, not the gas-thru mag mod) . I think I saw a thread about it on MCB in the Tiberius sub-forum.

Specops has not yet released any 8.1 mag extensions. They have mentioned it as being a work in progress as recently as last month.

#13 sprint

sprint

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:15 PM

for the 8 and 8.1 a picitany rail is easily just get a rail for the bt delta shave 4 tiny metal clamps off it and it fits, it worked for mine ill post pics if ya need

#14 Kanas

Kanas

684! Exit 4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 02:12 PM

for the 8 and 8.1 a picitany rail is easily just get a rail for the bt delta shave 4 tiny metal clamps off it and it fits, it worked for mine ill post pics if ya need

Can you post these pics please!
Posted Image
R.I.P BORG!

#15 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:22 PM

Can you post these pics please!

Yes, please post some pics. I am very interested.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users