Photo

XPX vs OCP (orlando area rec-ball)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: XPX vs OCP (orlando area rec-ball) (5 member(s) have cast votes)

best Orlando area rec-ball

1. XPX (4 votes [80.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. OCP (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Addiction (1 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

4. other (please specify in a reply) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:43 PM

Which place would you choose, or perhaps do you recommend something else? I know there are reviews at pbn & pbreview, and I have read them. There are many fields in the area here...and it would be nice to find out where to go first as opposed to checking em all out and eliminating certain fields when my budget is limited. I have all my own gear, so rental choices do not factor in here.

note: not interested in Orlando Paintball due to their staff & prices

any help is appreciated, thanks

notes about places visited:
Orlando Paintball-prices very high, staff sucks
Addiction-nice staff, recommend going on Sundays only for prettymuch airball
OCP-great staff, decent turnout & prices, friendly local team & good sportsmanship...1 3-man airball and the rest is woods
XPX-excellent refs, fields, prices
PBW-haven't been but seems from all accounts to be more focues on airball with lots of teams on Sundays

Edited by Sydarm, 24 July 2011 - 03:33 PM.

#2 maddnessmakr702

maddnessmakr702

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

my favorite is paintball world orlando. it has about 4 fields inclding one airball field. they got draxus bronze for like 40 bucks. they hav different paint somtimes though. sometimes they have dxs gold Posted Image for 55 and once in a while dxs silver for 45. also you can bring your own paint for 6 bucks. they are cheap and the staff is cool. the owner jimmy is a really nice guy and he always makes sure your having a good time.

ive also heard good things about addiction. nevr been there but im going there next

xpx is meh. its good if your into woodsball (im not) but they have the worlds worst paint for like 50 bucks and all star which is all right for 70. over priced if you ask me especially since you can go to paintball world for alot cheaper.

i agree with you about OP. their staff suck and are way overpriced. thats why i stopped going there years ago.

never heard of ocp so cant say anything about that.

hope this helps! maybe i'll see you at the field!
well ballz to you!!!!

Youtube username= same as my techpb username.
Youve probably seen me on some of mikes top comments in his vids

#3 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 08:28 AM

Heading to check out addiction today. Thanks for the info madness I think I will try PBW next, but this place is significantly closer to me.

edit: Wasn't a ton of players there today, although an apparent big game with free entry drew people elsewhere. Still had a good time and staff was very nice.

Edited by Sydarm, 02 July 2011 - 07:04 PM.

#4 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

After visiting addiction last weekend, and also checking in on them today...they hardly had any players either Sat. They are more focused on teams of which they have a total of 3. All of their staff was great and I had a good time with what was mostly one other customer. The place is decent-good for airball on Sundays with more teams, but not recommended for rec-ball on Saturdays. (reviews posted via PBReview & PBN <-- dont h8 at least they have a review section)

Stopped by OCP today as well. They had about 10 or so players still around at 2:30pm and I spoke with the woman in charge. The fields are pretty big and have all kinds of different woodsball/city style bunkers on the massive premises. I'll check them out next weekend-weather permitting.

#5 ordep

ordep

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:17 AM

i love woodsball i never been to ocp but ive been to addiction,orlando paintball,and xpx, xpx is my favorite the staff is great and i love the fields all they need is a good scenario game,orlando paintball is more for speedball and for young people and it is kinda expensive but they got these cards that u can bring somebody to play for free they need a big woodsball field until they do that i wont go back that my opinions,also the fields at xpx are humongous they have like 30 acres

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:24 PM

Had a great experience at OCP today. http://www.pbreview....ield=2200#41783 << review if you want any specifics

Next stop: will try XPX as I also spoke to a few players at the field about it and they said good things as well

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

My vote is finally cast, XPX is my choice. I did enjoy OCP very much, and I will be returning there, but XPX has it edged out by a little bit for my taste. Full review available here for those interested http://www.pbreview....&sort=new#41790

#8 ChandlerPB

ChandlerPB

I live in the Rant section.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

My vote is finally cast, XPX is my choice. I did enjoy OCP very much, and I will be returning there, but XPX has it edged out by a little bit for my taste. Full review available here for those interested http://www.pbreview....&sort=new#41790

XPX is my home field, I go about 3 times a month and it's always great

#9 Steve Is A Balla

Steve Is A Balla

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

I used to go to xpx every weekend but they took out the speedball, and I need to get a job to play again. But once I get my job I think I'll go to XPX one week, then pwo the next.
Snake/ Tape player.
Put this in your Sig if you are under 18 and pay for all of your own Paintball gear.
Setup: Darklava Etek 3, invert halo too, 48/3000 pure energy, invert helix mask, dye c7 series pants, 2011 avalanche jersey, 4 pod pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users