6 replies to this topic

#1 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I don't know if some of these would be considered as problems more than suggestions but here goes:

I'm on mobile, and I've noticed a few things are missing. The first of which is a report thread/post button. I reported a couple threads last night but had to switch to the desktop version in my iPod first. That gets really annoying, really quick.

Second, I can't view my warn barn on mobile. This is a small thing really, but if you're like me and you're on mobile a LOT, it's helpful to see if you've received any warns without having to switch to desktop.

Last thing: I can't use the full editor with smileys and everything on mobile. in order for me to access, say, :tup: I have to manually type it out as : tup : (without spaces)

Again, I dont know if these are problems more than suggestions. If so, please move accordingly, but having these things in place could help.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#2 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

Mobile is a stripped down version to save broadband. The Players Club use a Premium Mobile package with more tools.

#3 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 03:56 PM

Mobile is a stripped down version to save broadband. The Players Club use a Premium Mobile package with more tools.

I dont want to pay for players club.... Bah!

But still, the warn bar and report functions aren't something that should be considered expendable. Full text editor I can understand, but the other two? Nope

Dirt.

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 04:24 PM

*shakes head*. So use the desktop version. If you want all the features of a desktop we still offer that as an alternative

BTW. PC have full Text editor. :o

#5 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:59 PM

*shakes head*. So use the desktop version. If you want all the features of a desktop we still offer that as an alternative

BTW. PC have full Text editor. :o

It's much more difficult to use the PC version than mobile. It's not designed to be used on an itouch, that's why mobile was made in the first place. And once you're in desktop you can't switch back without clearing your history and cache, which is annoying to do as well. We should AT LEAST be able to report threads on mobile. Heck, I'm on mobile right now

Dirt.

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,753 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:57 AM

No. We won't be adding a report button at this time for the regular mobile browser. The Premium browser is what I spend most of my time working on.

Also the easiest way to get from desktop to mobile is turn your device completely off. When you turn it back on the site software will launch the mobile skin.

#7 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:39 AM

No. We won't be adding a report button at this time for the regular mobile browser. The Premium browser is what I spend most of my time working on.

Also the easiest way to get from desktop to mobile is turn your device completely off. When you turn it back on the site software will launch the mobile skin.

It takes a long time for my iPod to turn off and on. Clearing the cache is much faster, it's just annoying.

If you're not goig to add a report button now there's nothing I can do about it, bit it'd be nice to have in the future. I feel like its too important a function to leave out.

Dirt.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users