#1 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hello,

I found a seller of an FEP Quest for $75 near me and I'm interested in buying but it is missing the barrel and feedneck so I just want to know what threading these are, I'm assuming autococker for barrel but I don't know about the feedneck. Another thing is I'm pretty sure it doesn't have an on/off ASA so what mount does it use as well? If you have any suggestions for parts please leave them in your post, thanks.

ON THE OTHER HAND
I was going to buy the new GOG extcy but now I'm more interested in this, just wondering how the Quest competes with this, I'm assuming its much better but just want to make sure.

#2 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

The barrel is autococker threaded, so almost any barrel will work. Just find a barrel you're happy with, and get it in cocker threads. The feedneck has its own thread, but Critical Paintball doesn't have their feednecks on the website anymore. You should call them and see if they have any more.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#3 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:44 PM

All right looks like the feedneck might be a problem, I'll call them tomorrow. If I can't find the feedneck should I just go with the extcy then?

#4 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:52 PM

I managed to find one in stock http://utahpaintball...g-feedneck.html
But everyone else is out of stock so I'll call them just to make sure it's available.

EDIT: I added up the prices and its about $200 for marker with parts needed and on/off ASA. Does anyone still think I should just go for the extcy?

Edited by JAWM, 26 June 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#5 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:13 AM

I think if you search "FEP Quest" right now on eBay, you'll find something.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#6 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:41 AM

Already found the feedneck thanks anyway though.

#7 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

Excellent. I'm happy you did, since the Quest is a really nice gun to have.

#8 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 06:48 PM

I'm glad I found it as well, my original plan was to buy an Extcy but even with these upgrades it'll be $50 less. Just need to make sure the marker is working properly. Thanks for the help!

#9 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 01:10 AM

Ok now I've come across a problem the feedneck i want to order is from www.utahpaintballstore.com , but this site seems WAY out of date, it has old prices of items/old items in general like aliasas/marq 7's/eteks ext. I will try to contact them to make sure i dont just make an other that'll never come. I've also contacted Critical, just waiting for a reply.

#10 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 07:15 PM

There's a guy on here and on pbnation: Fallinher0 I've sold all my Quest parts to him which included around 3-5 feed necks. You may want to check him out. Your best bet would be to PM him on Pbnation....he's normally in the FEP thread there.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#11 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

There's a guy on here and on pbnation: Fallinher0 I've sold all my Quest parts to him which included around 3-5 feed necks. You may want to check him out. Your best bet would be to PM him on Pbnation....he's normally in the FEP thread there.

THANK YOU! i will differently pm him for one

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users