102 replies to this topic

#1 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 02:51 PM

I heard they were in progress of making one. Is this true ? It would have to be a crazy design or something....

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#2 UV Halo

UV Halo

Bringing the Big Guns to LLVI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:57 PM

I seriously doubt it. The side feed port for a T9.1 is circular therefore, you can't directly feed FS rounds through it.

#3 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

Crap... thanks for the answer.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#4 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

MOATI has hinted at the fact that the problem with FS rounds in a longbow has been "fixed". It was on the Special Ops customer service forum. Supposedly new products are going to be released later this summer once manufacturing is back up to speed. No other designs or hints have been given thus far. Trying to find the link but I'm failing :(...

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:17 PM

If they made a working FS longbow for the T9.1, I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#6 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

.... why feed first strikes through the side port....

when mags exist all ready designed to do just that

Though 17 round first strike mags that fit into the gun would be nice

Edited by DruidicRifleman, 28 June 2011 - 10:18 PM.

Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:20 PM

.... why feed first strikes through the side port....

when mags exist all ready designed to do just that

Though 17 round first strike mags that fit into the gun would be nice

It's really just for the capacity without having a two foot long mag sticking out the bottom.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#8 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:11 PM

Hmm might be useful
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#9 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

MOATI has hinted at the fact that the problem with FS rounds in a longbow has been "fixed". It was on the Special Ops customer service forum. Supposedly new products are going to be released later this summer once manufacturing is back up to speed. No other designs or hints have been given thus far. Trying to find the link but I'm failing :(...

Longbow adapters, and mags went out of production, independently of FS rounds, and people have been asking for even regular longbow kits.

A "longbow" 9.1 solution faces two challenges:
  • You can't stack FS rounds lengthwise because they slip into each other's skirts.
  • The side port on a T9.1 (and a 9.0 for that matter) is circular. That means that a round will only enter the breech nose or tail first. Once it's in there, in those orientations, it will be impossible to turn it 90deg for it to get inline with the bore.
Assuming you get the first one taken care of- you still would have to mill out the opening on the gun. The problem is who's going to do that? I would but, a very large majority of paying customers want 'plug and play'.

In all actuality, specops PB would have a somewhat easier time making a longbow kit for the Traccer if they could solve the first problem (i.e. by stacking laterally, and turning the rounds 90deg as they enter the breach- like a P90).

#10 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:24 PM

Well if the problem has been fixed, I would be glad to buy the thing instantly. UV is right, but somebody should give them a call and double check.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#11 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

First strike mags for a tracer would convince me to buy a tracer

Posted Image

#12 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Alright so I would have typed this earlier but my computer crashed...

I talked to MOATI in person at Living Legends and we talked specifically about the longbow system. The problem with it right now is that when the original Special Ops was going under, before MOATI bought it, they liquidated all hard goods for super cheap to clear out the warehouses and get some liquid capital aka cash. The problem was the company cleared out so much that there was little to nothing to work with once MOATI got everything sorted out. So, last I knew he had absolutely zero longbows around and he was looking to re-buy them back from customers to get them to shops for copying. He talked to me about buying mine but I never saw him after the first conversation. If I have to I can talk to him this week over the phone or email and see if he still needs a donation of a longbow mag and adapter. If it gets the production up and running it will be worth it.

And UV, from what I've seen of concept designs thats exactly the idea that SpecOps is working with. It was a stacked magazine that turned unto the breach, yet still followed alongside the barrel. The problem I see with it is the skirts on the FS rounds are so brittle. With too strong a spring they will crack and break. Perhaps I can get some more information if I talk to MOATI this week.

#13 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:46 PM

Wow, cheevo, thanks for sharing the info ! I would appreciate if you did call him. I would buy alot of those in a heart beat. So, are they basically starting from the ground up from their old management or what ?

The design looks really weird, from what you're saying, but its very interesting.

I'm glad this thread turned into something. Also, when you call MOATI, ask him if they will be making them anytime soon.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#14 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:16 PM

I've emailed him since I need some other stuff made. I gave him my cell number in case he needs to talk to me about my longbow system. I've offered to donate mine if it means that production can get off the ground. We'll see what happens. And yeah Special Ops underwent a huge transition when MOATI took over. He worked there during its glory days and wanted it to continue on after the company started sliding. He moved the company to Syracuse, New York, and hired on a completely new sewing staff and customer service. If you visit the store you can already see that it's starting to build once again. Second hand hard goods such as markers and hoppers are appearing and some custom hardgoods such as T2W stocks are now on the site albeit out of stock. I think it's a hint that production is going on, they just don't have a definite time table yet.

#15 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:06 AM

Oh, huh, I didn't know he worked there during the glory days. That's good that he is picking up the company.

Yup, I do see the hard goods and stocks coming back. They just need to make an Longbow stock with room for a 13 ci tank to be put on, or have it be a air thru stock.

Cool, let us know soon about those 9.1 longbow mags. Are there anyway you can pm me a pic of the thing ;P

Second, is MOATI stop making custom stuff ? I saw in the forums he was doing it for a limited time, but I think that was forgotten as so many people wanted custom stuff made.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#16 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

I got a reply back from Moati regarding my longbow donation. He says they have everything needed for a shop to start making hardgoods again. I assume we should start seeing the older products at any time and newer products towards the end of summer.

He gave me no information on a newer t9.1 longbow.

#17 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Ok, that's great that he has everything he needs. I hope they do come out soon. So, I can be rocking my modded T9.1 at LL5.

The way you said you saw the concept was that I thought of this. The rounds would follow along the barrel like a regular longbow mag and adapter, but have enough room so the fron of the FS round is facing down and the skirt is facing up. So, one of the rounds would fall and go into the breech. The problem I have is that the only way I would think of the FS round going in is buy a M16, De jamming mechanism. This way, the front of the round can enter, and the back skirt can enter un harmed.

That is my concept. what do you think they will do ??

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#18 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:22 PM

I've had multiple ideas to get FS rounds in a magazine. The problem like UV said is stacking the rounds and also getting them into the gun. The receiver for the Tiberius can't handle a FS round coming in from the longbow hole. It's not shaped for a FS round. Either Tiberius is going to have to work with Special Ops to start production on new receivers for future models or Special Ops will have to make receivers themselves, and that will make them expensive. Depending on how fast I can get my Solidworks to run on my computer I may end up trying to model some of my ideas for a new receiver. There's a technical college in my hometown with CNC machines for some custom work if I can get something to work out.

#19 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:54 PM

Yea that is true. I would be willing to pay the price for a custom milled one though. That's why On the M16 and M4 de jamming mechanism., it pushes the cartridge out, so this way . The same idea can be applied , and angling the FS round to go in head first and the back slides in.

I dont have a soft war program like those on my pc. I took and IED ( Intro to engineering Desgin) freshman year. So, I have a basic knowledge of the engineering software that we used.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#20 REAVER SCP

REAVER SCP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 05:12 PM

I'm hoping to get the LONGBOW kit for the Ions.... havent had any luck and I dont have a ton of money to spend on a T9 T.T friggin' guns are more expensive than the RAP4's (i own one, wasn't the best buy I made their advertising is all BS) and I want to take on the role of "sniper" for my team... sooo.... yeah...

#21 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:59 PM

fsr go in sideways and are turned by a elbow
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I hit you over the head with until you realize that I'm in command."-Serenity
Posted Image
My clubs Valken Users Club Steelie Club

#22 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

That doesn't help the fact that the side feed port on the Tiberius guns are round holes and not correctly shaped for FSRs.

#23 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

That is what I was thinking, as I said before.

Thats why the front end would go in first, to be softly put into the breech and there is a Ar15 style de jamming push that pushes the FS round into the breech. That's my though

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#24 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

That is what I was thinking, as I said before.

Thats why the front end would go in first, to be softly put into the breech and there is a Ar15 style de jamming push that pushes the FS round into the breech. That's my though

that idea would not be efficient enought to feed properly. it would need a body kit to work. since its a circle shaped breach as uvhalo said
"Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I hit you over the head with until you realize that I'm in command."-Serenity
Posted Image

#25 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:56 PM

The way I said my idea of the design was that it would be angled so the front goes in first..... The round would be angled, if that makes any sense

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#26 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

The way I said my idea of the design was that it would be angled so the front goes in first..... The round would be angled, if that makes any sense

Absolutely will not happen without milling. Due to the circular shape of the side feed opening, the round cannot enter at an angle (the skirt gets hung up on the rear end of the opening).

Once the nose is in the breech, it can be turned by wiggling the round back and forth. However, this can't be with any steady pressure (like you get from a magazine spring).

#27 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:08 AM

a 5 round FSR tracer mag...

even sticking out sten gun style would be nice...

Posted Image

#28 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:06 AM

Crap...... I like the sten gun style idea. Some guy on tech pb made a sten style mag with a bolt action. One problem, we still need to dremel the breech :D

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#29 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

not on the tracer

Posted Image

#30 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Jeez, what is your obsession with Tracers Druidic ? Lol

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#31 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

wanting a first strike marker looking kinda like this but hdro graphed to look like my .223 remingto bolt action sniper rifle XD

http://pukindogspain...bg-guns/CGW.htm

Posted Image

#32 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:38 PM

wanting a first strike marker looking kinda like this but hdro graphed to look like my .223 remingto bolt action sniper rifle XD

ehh i think hydrograped guns a fugly. i would rather have mine camo'd
Posted Image

#33 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:00 PM

Alright so I have no idea how to say this. MOATI has resigned from Special Ops and National Action Paintball. I have no idea what this means for the company. Time will tell about their custom products..

#34 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

wow that was sudden???

Posted Image

#35 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Alright so I have no idea how to say this. MOATI has resigned from Special Ops and National Action Paintball. I have no idea what this means for the company. Time will tell about their custom products..

What?! Why?

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#36 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:16 PM

I have no real idea why or when it happened. He has posts on the forums as late as yesterday. It's news he posted on his facebook account this morning.

#37 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

yep thats the style of cammo i am doing

Posted Image

#38 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:50 PM

What?! Why?

curses i wanted to get a specops vest
Posted Image

#39 EricCartman

EricCartman

Senior Member-LL4 Vet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:31 PM

yep thats the style of cammo i am doing

this is who wolf used for his x7 camo .http://customguncamo.com/pricing1.htm
Posted Image

#40 lord_g3

lord_g3

Bull Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,040 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

Is it just me, or should someone start with a much more stable woodsball/scenario accessory site? Spec ops was awesome, but obviously unstable..

#41 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

According to MOATI the ownership changed before today. The company, as far as I know, is still operating. For how long is anyones guess. I wish there was more customer interaction, like the original SpecOps.

Edit: National Action Sports now owns all rights to Special Ops

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 06 July 2011 - 10:53 PM.

#42 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

will they make long bows?

Posted Image

#43 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:38 PM

From what I can gather is all that happened was that MOATI sold all his shares to the National Action Sports (which already owned part of Special Ops) some time in the past and now he is just finishing the takeover by resigning. He was more of a figurehead than an owner as of late. I assume that National Action Sports will continue to make the Special Ops merchandise since the demand is still high for the products.

#44 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 11:45 PM

I'm gonna cry.... I was hoping for T9.1 compatible longbow to :(

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#45 UV Halo

UV Halo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:40 AM

Not to dash out the hopes of others but, I think this whole T9.1 FS Longbow thing was a myth/misunderstanding.

Those of you wanting higher capacity FS shooting markers would be better off pushing TACAMO (RAP) to release the Tippmann Mag Feed Conversion Kits, and the D-Mags for general sale (vice pre-order, reviews). Clearly- those products are further along in development than any FS longbow kit.

Here's the sad, terrible truth- I don't believe anyone is racing to build any FS feed systems (for any gun) for one key reason:

Even still, there aren't a lot of us shooting them, and only a few of us who are actually shooting them, shoot most of the time. Look at the FS Field Listing in my sig- it's not getting a lot of action. Based on information I've received from Field Operators as far away as 50-60 miles, east and west from me, I'm the only person shooting them exclusively.

Finally, nobody is going to pour a ton of money into the R&D of these magazines as they know they will not likely get that money back (due to the similarity of FS rounds to firearm rounds, any feed solution will not likely be patentable, and therefore copyable).

#46 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:16 PM

I do have to agree UV, even though it would be sick to have one though. Wow, I didnt know that alot of people dont shoot FS rounds. I guess we're the lucky few :D

The turuth does hurt sometimes. I just want airless mags to be released for the T9.1 and T8.1.

I forgot to recall my fields around me. All my fields didnt have their managers in and I forgot to call back. lol

Is spec ops going to make a long bow stock ? If not, I have a easier chance of converting my T9.1 internals into a M110 Sniper Rifle Airsoft gun body. Its gonna be more lighter.....

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#47 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,995 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

I just want airless mags to be released for the T9.1 and T8.1.

Same here. I kind of figured a FS longbow kit was just a pipe dream, but if they came out with cheaper, lighter, airless mags, I'd buy a box full of those.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#48 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

Not to dash out the hopes of others but, I think this whole T9.1 FS Longbow thing was a myth/misunderstanding.

Those of you wanting higher capacity FS shooting markers would be better off pushing TACAMO (RAP) to release the Tippmann Mag Feed Conversion Kits, and the D-Mags for general sale (vice pre-order, reviews). Clearly- those products are further along in development than any FS longbow kit.

Here's the sad, terrible truth- I don't believe anyone is racing to build any FS feed systems (for any gun) for one key reason:

Even still, there aren't a lot of us shooting them, and only a few of us who are actually shooting them, shoot most of the time. Look at the FS Field Listing in my sig- it's not getting a lot of action. Based on information I've received from Field Operators as far away as 50-60 miles, east and west from me, I'm the only person shooting them exclusively.

Finally, nobody is going to pour a ton of money into the R&D of these magazines as they know they will not likely get that money back (due to the similarity of FS rounds to firearm rounds, any feed solution will not likely be patentable, and therefore copyable).

sadly :( i wonder if the dmags will work in milsigs....

Posted Image

#49 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

I just want airless mags to be released for the T9.1 and T8.1.

Same here. I kind of figured a FS longbow kit was just a pipe dream, but if they came out with cheaper, lighter, airless mags, I'd buy a box full of those.

I would buy probably 2 or 3 boxes just to swap em out fast.

Are they going to make a conversion kit for the T9.1 ? This really makes me want to just get a phenom and use that instead.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#50 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

Tacamo conversion kits have been talked about for months but won't be for sale until July 29th. I love the Tiberius platform and will stick with them. Why have a Tippmann with a 120$ upgrade with additional 50$ mags when you can own a Tiberius with soon (hopefully) to be airless mags?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users