TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

Im 14 6'2" play sports good grades etc blah blah
im 200ish lbs

im looking to lose weight and gain some more muscle .
im on summer vacation and im tired of being lazy all day...
whats better for losing weight and having a better diet and gain some muscle?
what are your opinions on it. how well does it work? do i need to take anything?
my dad says not of that stuff works ,its just for money... but i think otherwise

cant embe the video?

Edited by TECHDP=), 28 June 2011 - 08:40 PM.

#2 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

holy crap p90x is 600$

#3 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

Uhhh.. I bought another gun..

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

Neither one will do anything for you that you can't do for yourself. You play sports. I'm sure you know exercises. Just do those.

I would recommend riding a bike around town for a couple of hours a day. I've been doing that, and have lost almost 30 pounds in about a month. :tup:

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Sasquatch's BST Feedback Thread
Check out my Ebay sales!

#4 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:33 PM

holy crap p90x is 600$

I just bought P90x, it is no where near 600 bucks. It cost me 130.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#5 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:12 PM

600 was for all the meals and crap yeah its 120...

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:45 AM

Yes, this program is awesome, it will work your ass out harder than anything you've ever done

1) The workouts will give you more body strength and endurance
2) The diet will reduce your body fat and give you a better looking body

You don't have to follow the meal plan EXACTLY, but at least pretty close. It's mostly a 4 egg plain omlette in the morning with a glass of milk, fish/chicken and vegatables for lunch, and meat/veggies for dinner. Usually they add a light carb in for lunch like wheat toast, and a post-recovery drink, which a tall glass of milk works just fine.

No caffeine, snacks, sugary stuff or anything like that.

Yes, buy it and follow it. Put the CD into your computer or laptop, and hop around for 45 minutes, you'll feel amazing and you'll pack on a TON of muscle in the first two weeks.

Just do it, you have no clue how much fun these workouts are, and they ABSOLUTELY do work. If I had the choice between an insanity workout and going to the gym, I'd pick Insanity. The first time you try it, you'll know why

#7 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 01:16 AM

Yes, this program is awesome, it will work your ass out harder than anything you've ever done

1) The workouts will give you more body strength and endurance
2) The diet will reduce your body fat and give you a better looking body

You don't have to follow the meal plan EXACTLY, but at least pretty close. It's mostly a 4 egg plain omlette in the morning with a glass of milk, fish/chicken and vegatables for lunch, and meat/veggies for dinner. Usually they add a light carb in for lunch like wheat toast, and a post-recovery drink, which a tall glass of milk works just fine.

No caffeine, snacks, sugary stuff or anything like that.

Yes, buy it and follow it. Put the CD into your computer or laptop, and hop around for 45 minutes, you'll feel amazing and you'll pack on a TON of muscle in the first two weeks.

Just do it, you have no clue how much fun these workouts are, and they ABSOLUTELY do work. If I had the choice between an insanity workout and going to the gym, I'd pick Insanity. The first time you try it, you'll know why

Will you have energy once doing these workouts? I am a little worried that I wont have much energy for a week or so once I start these workouts and I need energy for work.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#8 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 05:56 AM

Anytime you work out a lot more than you usually do (aka starting insanity/p90x/etc), you will be dog tired by the end of the day. After a week or two, everything starts to balance out, and your body starts to run more efficiently, which will give you more energy than you had to begin with.

EDIT: Also, what Mike is saying is true. Undoubtedly, these are great workout programs. However, I "acquired" a copy online, and I don't feel it would have been worth the money for the content. You can find all the exercises they tell you to do on various health forums, and can custom tailor them to your needs, or run with them as they are.

In fact, if you look up FM 21-20, the Army's workout book, almost every exercise they have on P90x is in there, and then some. And none of them require any kind of weights or special equipment to perform

Edited by Sasquatch, 29 June 2011 - 06:02 AM.

I will laugh as they overwhelm our enemies in a flurry of spotted banana hammocks.

Check out my Ebay sales!

#9 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

ok thanks guys....
really helped time to get my ass of the bed and start working

#10 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

I have a fitness thread in the works that I hope to get stickied. Forget these workout programs. They're all gimmicks and you'll see why in my thread.

#11 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

I have a fitness thread in the works that I hope to get stickied. Forget these workout programs. They're all gimmicks and you'll see why in my thread.

Hmm, I'll be watching out for that one. I need to see what I can argue with you on. :lol:

Check out my Ebay sales!

#12 fg2chase

fg2chase

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I am an Army NCO nad I tell my soldiers not to waste money on P90X... Just use FM 21-20 and utilize AR 600-9 to measure their body fat.

#13 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Savage, aren't you the same one who said they were a gimmick on mikes vid ? Lol, its not a gimmick. Its better than spending 500 dollars a month on a membership.

After the 90 days, you can do the other 2 rounds like lean, and doubles. Then you can continue with P90x plus. After this P90x 2 comes out this fall 2011, you can do all of those rounds. On top of that, you always eat healthy and follow the guidelines, with some alterations of what you need in your day. That is about 2 and half years of work outs right there. So, dont tell me its a gimmick.

Tech DP, I encourage you to buy the program online or through the TV ads. It will be a great tool. I am only 15 and have taken off about 30 pounds. Changing your food isnt really hard either. You just have to get used to it. - Slov

Edited by SlovPeter, 30 June 2011 - 10:24 AM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:01 PM

alright ill see what i do...
for now im just working on diet and regular excercise

#15 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

Diet is definitely more important than exercise. You need to have 7% body fat or less to have 6 pack abs. I'm down to 4%. I brought it down so much mostly through good dieting and boosting my metabolism combined with a great lifting regimen. Visit your local vitaminne shop or GNC and find some fat burning/metabolizing supplements if your main focus is getting rid of body fat. And most importantly, follow a healthy diet!

I feel like a tool for doing this but it's the only way to prove my point. You CAN get six pack abs and ripped arms WITHOUT P90X or Insanity:

yes, it's me you can see my name written backwards (its a mirror, sorry)

Posted Image

trust me TechDP, you don't need P90X. look forward to my full guide coming soon

Edited by SavageSnipes, 01 July 2011 - 12:18 AM.

#16 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:12 AM

Diet is definitely more important than exercise. You need to have 7% body fat or less to have 6 pack abs. I'm down to 4%. I brought it down so much mostly through good dieting and boosting my metabolism combined with a great lifting regimen. Visit your local vitaminne shop or GNC and find some fat burning/metabolizing supplements if your main focus is getting rid of body fat. And most importantly, follow a healthy diet!

I feel like a tool for doing this but it's the only way to prove my point. You CAN get six pack abs and ripped arms WITHOUT P90X or Insanity:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image lol just what i wanted to seePosted Image

can i take those pills ? im 14... though

#17 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:23 AM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image lol just what i wanted to seePosted Image

can i take those pills ? im 14... though
[/quote]

i know....honestly i'm not trying to brag and i hate doing it but i feel i had to prove my point. yes you can take supplements without a problem as long as you take them in recommended doses. however, because you're not through with puberty (i'm guessing, lol) your body is still rapidly growing and developing. I started body building when I was about 15 and a half. before i recommend supplements that you should use, tell me what your main goal is. fat loss, muscle gain, or both?

#18 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:10 AM

SavageSnipes, you are not a doctor, do not tell him to go take supplements, you're opening yourself up to a serious shit storm.

If you want information on supplements, talk to a DOCTOR, not a Trainer at a gym, those fuckers will say and do anything to sell you something you might not even need.

This is serious business, you can die like a dumb ass for taking the wrong cocktail of supplements, I don't use them, never will, they to me aren't worth the money, a friend of mine who swears by them has yet to progress any faster then before, Tis my opinion, talk to a doctor, get information.

#19 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:20 AM

SavageSnipes, you are not a doctor, do not tell him to go take supplements, you're opening yourself up to a serious shit storm.

If you want information on supplements, talk to a DOCTOR, not a Trainer at a gym, those fuckers will say and do anything to sell you something you might not even need.

This is serious business, you can die like a dumb ass for taking the wrong cocktail of supplements, I don't use them, never will, they to me aren't worth the money, a friend of mine who swears by them has yet to progress any faster then before, Tis my opinion, talk to a doctor, get information.

The proof is in the pudding man. Supplements work. However, you can't just take supplements and expect results. They are meant to be taken in addition to scheduled strenuous exercise and training. If you simply take mass gainers and fat burners and expect results to just appear over night like magic, you're going to die. I'm guessing your friend is either taking the wrong supplements or is doing something wrong with his training routine.

And i'm way ahead of you. In the fitness guide I'm working on the first thing I did was make it clear that I'm not a medical professional. You can check it out in a few days when I finish it up

Also: I didn't tell him to go take supplements. He asked if it was ok for him to take them, and it should be as long as he takes the recommended doses (maybe slightly smaller doses because he is younger).

But he brings up a good point TechDP. Consult your parents (make sure they're OK with you taking legal supplements) and then consult with either a trainer or a floor manager at a legitimate supplement shop. From what I've seen, they usually know what they're talking about. If you have any doubts/concerns about taking them, just don't do it. You can still see good results without the help of supplements. They're just there to give you an extra edge

Edited by SavageSnipes, 01 July 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#20 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:35 AM

The proof is in the pudding man. Supplements work. However, you can't just take supplements and expect results. They are meant to be taken in addition to scheduled strenuous exercise and training. If you simply take mass gainers and fat burners and expect results to just appear over night like magic, you're going to die. I'm guessing your friend is either taking the wrong supplements or is doing something wrong with his training routine.

And i'm way ahead of you. In the fitness guide I'm working on the first thing I did was make it clear that I'm not a medical professional. You can check it out in a few days when I finish it up

Also: I didn't tell him to go take supplements. He asked if it was ok for him to take them, and it should be as long as he takes the recommended doses (maybe slightly smaller doses because he is younger).

But he brings up a good point TechDP. Consult your parents (make sure they're OK with you taking legal supplements) and then consult with either a trainer or a floor manager at a legitimate supplement shop. From what I've seen, they usually know what they're talking about. If you have any doubts/concerns about taking them, just don't do it. You can still see good results without the help of supplements. They're just there to give you an extra edge

If you want to come out and say, without a doubt, that they work, then you need to provide proof, by medical professionals, and whether my friend is doing something wrong or not is the fault of the trainer, who is with him every step of the way.

#21 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 03:28 AM

If you want to come out and say, without a doubt, that they work, then you need to provide proof, by medical professionals, and whether my friend is doing something wrong or not is the fault of the trainer, who is with him every step of the way.

It's basic biology. I learned this stuff my freshman year in high school.

Let's go over one of the most infamous supplements in sports and body building; creatine. First off, no, I'm not copy and pasting these facts. I've done my research on supplements before I started taking them: Creatine is found naturally in your muscles and in nearly all meat products. Your muscles use ATP as a source of energy. However, ATP is usually held in small quantities and is only available/useful for a few seconds of extreme activity. This is because our ancestors needed quick bursts of strength and speed (5-10 seconds) to either fight or run away/towards threats or a potential meal. Creatine phosphate is the back up supply. It is used up and converted into ATP after your initial reserves of ATP are used up. This allows for sustained extreme muscular activity which is essential in lifting and in sports.

The longer you can lift, the more you can tear your muscle fibers, allowing yourself to build them back up stronger than before, in greater quantities.

I'm not going to argue this with you any further. If you haven't tried these supplements for yourself, you have no right to criticize what I do or try to stop any one else from trying them.

Edited by SavageSnipes, 01 July 2011 - 03:33 AM.

#22 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:39 AM

Let's go over one of the most infamous supplements in sports and body building; creatine. First off, no, I'm not copy and pasting these facts. I've done my research on supplements before I started taking them: Creatine is found naturally in your muscles and in nearly all meat products. Your muscles use ATP as a source of energy. However, ATP is usually held in small quantities and is only available/useful for a few seconds of extreme activity. This is because our ancestors needed quick bursts of strength and speed (5-10 seconds) to either fight or run away/towards threats or a potential meal. Creatine phosphate is the back up supply. It is used up and converted into ATP after your initial reserves of ATP are used up. This allows for sustained extreme muscular activity which is essential in lifting and in sports.

The longer you can lift, the more you can tear your muscle fibers, allowing yourself to build them back up stronger than before, in greater quantities.

I'm not going to argue this with you any further. If you haven't tried these supplements for yourself, you have no right to criticize what I do or try to stop any one else from trying them.

For anyone who actually researches these things.

"Creatine has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity. All potential risks and/or advantages of this medication may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds. There have been instances where herbal/health supplements have been sold which were contaminated with toxic metals or other drugs. Herbal/health supplements should be purchased from a reliable source to minimize the risk of contamination."

Creatine has been linked to kidney damage over long term usage, and overdosing can basically destroy your kidneys if you're not careful.

What you buy with your money is your own business, all I'm trying to say, is paying hundreds of dollars for MAYBE a %5 increase in performance is not a good deal in my book, but again, it's your money, and what you do with it and how you spend it is up to the consumer.

#23 SavageSnipes

SavageSnipes

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:55 PM

For anyone who actually researches these things.

"Creatine has not been evaluated by the FDA for safety, effectiveness, or purity. All potential risks and/or advantages of this medication may not be known. Additionally, there are no regulated manufacturing standards in place for these compounds. There have been instances where herbal/health supplements have been sold which were contaminated with toxic metals or other drugs. Herbal/health supplements should be purchased from a reliable source to minimize the risk of contamination."

Creatine has been linked to kidney damage over long term usage, and overdosing can basically destroy your kidneys if you're not careful.

What you buy with your money is your own business, all I'm trying to say, is paying hundreds of dollars for MAYBE a %5 increase in performance is not a good deal in my book, but again, it's your money, and what you do with it and how you spend it is up to the consumer.

I'll get back to you in 5 years. If my kidneys have given out, you can have my glass of orange juice sir.

#24 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:04 AM

No, that's okay, you can keep it.

#25 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

No, that's okay, you can keep it.

Posted Image What monster could turn down ORANGE JUICE??

#26 Distortion_UK

Distortion_UK

Darkest London

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,733 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:46 PM

Just as an FYI your biology is a little off. ATP isnt held in small quantities, it depends on the exercise your performing, going for a jog and your body can turn ADP back to ATP for hours.

Creative phosphate doesnt turn into ATP, it instead turns ADP back into ATP to be used.

Creative phosphate isn't a back up either, it's the first to be used as it is immediately availible, your body will then try to use the aerobic system as long as it can before going anaerobic which then you will last for about 1-2mins depending on your lactic acid threshold.

But creatine supplements are fine, there is no proof that they are detrimental to a persons health, it is all inconclusive. Creatine is a natural substance. People need to stop taking unproven advice as gospel.

Edited by Distortion_UK, 02 July 2011 - 09:52 PM.

Posted Image

Complete Guide To Paintball Health- http://www.techpb.co...0

How to Play Snake- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=104279

#27 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Posted Image

damn dood great work! you'd have to cook me in a oven, at 425 degrees for about 6 hours to melt off all the fat to get my stomach to look like that.

My biggest problem has always been will-power. I grew up having absolutely no food in the fridge. My parents divorced when I was 9, and my fridge went from empty to unplugged by the time I was in middle school. That's not a joke either. You know those houses with no food? That was my house

Dinner was a hungry man tv dinner, hamburger helper (split into 4 containers, gotta make that shit last), or simply rice and a fried egg. I've tried for years, but food has such an emotional attachment for me. the flavors, the smell, the sense of content after eating, I went so many years practically starving that it's extremely difficult to not snack, or binge, or eat shit that I shouldn't.

Imagine if I took $50,000 in cash, packed it in your kitchen cubbards and told you "Try not to spend this, but if you want a little of it, go ahead..... grab some"

Posted Image

#28 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

Posted Image

damn dood great work! you'd have to cook me in a oven, at 425 degrees for about 6 hours to melt off all the fat to get my stomach to look like that.

My biggest problem has always been will-power. I grew up having absolutely no food in the fridge. My parents divorced when I was 9, and my fridge went from empty to unplugged by the time I was in middle school. That's not a joke either. You know those houses with no food? That was my house

Dinner was a hungry man tv dinner, hamburger helper (split into 4 containers, gotta make that shit last), or simply rice and a fried egg. I've tried for years, but food has such an emotional attachment for me. the flavors, the smell, the sense of content after eating, I went so many years practically starving that it's extremely difficult to not snack, or binge, or eat shit that I shouldn't.

Imagine if I took $50,000 in cash, packed it in your kitchen cubbards and told you "Try not to spend this, but if you want a little of it, go ahead..... grab some"

Posted Image

Now we need to raid that section of your house. From the floor, I can tell it's somewhere in the kitchen!

I'll just take that one stack please.

Drops a match on it. Whoops.

Edited by WasabiBoi, 02 July 2011 - 10:50 PM.

#29 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:31 PM

alright dont get this lock because it turned into a shit hole argument haha
next
mike just by looking at that picture
-american and mexican money
-that belongs to the mafia
-i need some of that :D

right now my main goal is start my diet right. get used to eating healthy and once a week have a fat day but not over due it.
im going to ask the guy a gnc whats good for a 14year old to lose fat and gain muscle
than ask my doctor if what the guy at gnc told me is approved.
right im just doing regular exercise and trying to eat healthy. than in about 2-3weeks when im used to the diet and doing exercise my friend is letting me borrow p90x.

its not that im in bad (well i am) but i do good in sports mile is ok 9min for my size. on the paintball field ill rush up running as far i can get to without getting shot.. (halfway on a woodsball field) yeah if i get to play the whole round 20min ill be breathing hard (90F and using profits)

#30 paintballjla

paintballjla

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

Same here. . .But I think that is just a tad bit more than 50k.

#31 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:42 PM

alright dont get this lock because it turned into a shit hole argument haha
next
mike just by looking at that picture
-american and mexican money
-that belongs to the mafia
-i need some of that :D

right now my main goal is start my diet right. get used to eating healthy and once a week have a fat day but not over due it.
im going to ask the guy a gnc whats good for a 14year old to lose fat and gain muscle
than ask my doctor if what the guy at gnc told me is approved.
right im just doing regular exercise and trying to eat healthy. than in about 2-3weeks when im used to the diet and doing exercise my friend is letting me borrow p90x.

its not that im in bad (well i am) but i do good in sports mile is ok 9min for my size. on the paintball field ill rush up running as far i can get to without getting shot.. (halfway on a woodsball field) yeah if i get to play the whole round 20min ill be breathing hard (90F and using profits)

Yes, If I were you I would get used to the diet plan. The diet plan isnt really hard. Alot of the junk food people is hard to get rid of, but I eat right now with my proper serving of food. I am just trying to work on my fruits and veggies, as I am a picky eater :D

Only thing protein powder is, is protein in a powdered form. So, it is safe , because you need protein to build muscle, because protein is made of amino acids. It should be safe. I use it and I have got some good results. I just don't go over board like Rocky, and drink 8 raw eggs a day, and run for 20 miles.

Trust me, your mile is way better than mine. Mine is about 10 to 11 minutes. That was last year. My endurance and speed has changed. So, we might be the same....

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#32 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

Oh really ? Haha well on the mile im not fast I just don't stop jogging

#33 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

Oh really ? Haha well on the mile im not fast I just don't stop jogging

Posted Image Same here!

Endurance is my best thing. I just suck at sprinting.

What's you'r mile?

#34 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:04 AM

Best is like 9. I can run pretty fast for my height and weight just get burned fast though

#35 Sasquatch

Sasquatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,469 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:30 AM

You guys aren't the only slow runners. My best was a 15 minute 2 mile, about 2 years ago. Now I'm back down to ~18 minute 2 mile after getting as slow as a 20 minute 2 mile when I got injured.

One thing you guys might look into is cross training endurance sports. If you have access to a pool, swim 10 or 20 laps. If you have a bike, ride it around for 10-15 miles. It isn't running, so your run time won't get any better, but it WILL increase your cardio endurance, which will let you train your running time a bit harder.

Just an idea. ;)

Check out my Ebay sales!

#36 jdatkinsn

jdatkinsn

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

I feel you, brother. I've posted on here before about my battle with anorexia and bulimia and I know all too well about emotional attachments to food. My advice (not that you asked)- science. The more I read, the more comfortable I am about food and how it affects and helps my body. Also, it turned me on the the particular eating style I now subscribe that makes me just plain not think about it a lot of the time.

#37 MeliFelipe

MeliFelipe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

insanity defiantly works if you stick with it, by day ten I had lost 13 pounds, but after about two weeks I had to stop the program, ive had a torn ACL since February ( didn't know it till May) and wont be getting it fixed till the end of the month, it is really intense on the knees and the DR. said that if I kept using it too much i could get a meniscal tear on top of it. I plan on getting back on it once i recover from surgery but that wont be for maybe another 9-10 months. the other key to insanity was the diet, i was doing the 5 small meals everyday with lots of protein ( either protein shakes, greek yogurt, lean meats)

the hardest part is starting it, but when your body gets used to it, it becomes easier.

Avalon's Fury sponsored by Rap4

Feedback +8/-0

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users