25 replies to this topic

#1 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:30 AM

So I'm going to make this log to keep me motivated and make sure I show people that I can do things that I want to do and I will succeed.

So here's my life story:
I've always been chubby when I was younger. Fat even. Overweight. I had nice round cheeks and thick fingers. My dad would always get treats for me and large meals. Late night snacks. This was my elementary school years. I believe I was over 100lbs when in 3rd grade. I ate. People made fun of me. I ate. People made fun of me. I had personality disorders because everywhere I went, no one wanted to be friends with me because I was so fat. I didn't play sports because everyone would say I was too fat and wouldn't let me play. It was a painful childhood. But when ever we were in PE, I was the best at some sports, always getting first. But no one congratulate me or even pick me first the next time we were going to play a sport. They said it was because I was too fat.

In middle school, my mom signed me up for a swim team. I wasn't fast, but I slowly became more lean and fit. I FINALLY had veins showing through my hands and legs. I was amazed because these were the first time I've saw them in my life. I started getting nicer lean muscle arms. So I tried hard. I lost 20 lbs over a 2 year period of swimming. I was 145 lbs and 5 ft 9in. I still had a massive belly and manjugs. But no matter how hard I tried, I could not get rid of them. So I was still labeled as "fat" even though I could run further and swim faster then all the "skinny" people.

Now, in high school, I've got myself into a bad situation. I had stopped swimming for about a year. I had lost some sign of my veins. I was 175lbs at 5 ft 10in. I joined the swim team at my high school but found it to be not as much of a work out. So I only lost 5 lbs in a season. Embarrassed when I took my shirt off and I'm the only one with what looked like a beer gut and manboobs. Everyone else had a pack, muscles, lean, looked good.

My "friends" call me Jello. Because of my fat.

When I told my mom (Mind you, my mom isn't really supportive) "I'm going to loose my belly fat and work on my muscles" She looked and me and laughed "Yeah right, good luck with that, It'll never ever happen." Well, I'm going to prove you wrong mom.

I'm tired of wearing jackets so my manboobs won't show through my t shirt. I'm tired of squeezing into my size 34 pants. I'm tired of being fat.

So now it's summer. I found P90x. I'm taking it as a door way to a better life. Here we go with day 0.

July 2, 2011: 170lbs 5ft 10in

July 5, 2011: 165lbs 1st day
Notes: FInished Day one. Holy crap. I am tired. But I really need to pick up a weight set.
I thought the back and body workout was killers. But the Ab ripper x was like "Hoooollllllyyyshhhhiiiiiiittttt" tiring. But I pushed myself to do atleast a couple.
For weights, I used my 2k1 cocker with my steelie tank and my halo with a full pod of paint. and a milk jug filled with water. (Whoo. Paintball is involved with this workout!)
At the end. I went to reward myself with a nice large slice of pizza for my first day. Reward yourself. Just not too often. My arms were shaking when I was holding the plate. Yes, it's that tiring. 1 day down!

Heyyyyyy It's been over a year.

Oct 16, 2012

Yeah, as you might have guessed, I didn't follow through with 90 days of p90x.
However, as I BS'd my way though my previous year of highschool, I was careful not to overstuff myself anytime, any day but still ate what I wanted. I also tried to cut on sweets and junk. Cycling became a new hobby. Kept the 165-170LBS range.

This year, I joined my school's cross country team and now cycle everywhere and ride with a team on weekends. I've been in crosscountry for about 4 months now and we run for about 1 hour 30 mins everyday. It helps to have people to run with you. You get that mentality that you either have to beat people or at least participate to save face and not run or BS around.

I lost 5-10lbs and I'm now under 155-160 (edit 2013: Scale was off about 5lbs. So about 160-165 lbs was my real weight) and still loosing while gaining muscle. I still eat what I want though. I think if I ate more healthy my weight loss would be much quicker, but I try to stay away from super unhealthy foods.

Judging from the photos, it's nothing mind blowing, but it's an improvement. I'm happy and still looking forward with my progress for the next year.

July 13 2013

Just thought I would do a update. 

Been biking almost every other day. I think I need to start lifting weights as I don't really see a difference since last year. 

My current weight is around 155-160. What was scary was that maybe during the beginning of 2013, my weight went up to 170lbs. I quickly dropped that back down. Now I'm going to work hard for a sub 150 weight.

My food diet is still pretty bad. I really don't know what to do with my diet, I'm sure I'll figure something out. 

Yeah, no real big change. Just maybe jawline is alittle more cut/defined. I need to get rid of this gut though.

July 2011

IMG_2439-1.jpg

IMG_2444.jpg

IMG_2443.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

IMG_2437-1.jpg

Oct. 2012

IMG_3820.jpg

IMG_3821.jpg

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3824.jpg

July 2013

IMG_4800_zps4744a332.jpg

IMG_4804_zps5a3f14be.jpg

Edited by WasabiBoi, 14 July 2013 - 01:20 AM.

#2 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

goodluck man!

#3 voad

voad

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:36 PM

First off kid, good for you for being motivated and taking initiative to lose weight. Second, you really aren't fat. The people around you are ass holes. You should find new friends if you can. Sorry to hear that your mom isn't more supportive, I hope you do prove her wrong. I wonder if any of these people know what s terribly negative impact they are having on your life and for no justifiable reason at all.

B-O-R-G spells BAMF

Posted Image
RIP

#4 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:35 PM

Yea, your friends are asses if they are like that. They wouldnt be true friends

I wear a 32 waist now and I am around your same situation. P90x will work great for you.

invite your mother to do a workout with you once, and she will see why it works. I hope you have a great journey.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#5 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:48 AM

It's not that I'm super fat. But it's just the gut I would like to get rid of.

#6 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:33 AM

You have cute nipples.

But for srs, good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I've been wanting to get in to P90x, but i can't afford a dumbell set, sadly.

Edited by Wolfwood, 04 July 2011 - 02:33 AM.

#7 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:34 AM

You have cute nipples.

But for srs, good luck, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread, I've been wanting to get in to P90x, but i can't afford a dumbell set, sadly.

Posted Image

#8 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:36 AM

You have cute nipples.

Posted Image

:D

#9 devildog

devildog

SHAKE AND SHOOT 4 LIFE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:47 AM

Starting Monday too. Hows it been so far?
Setup: Azodin Zenith
Pure Energy 50/45
Invert Too

Azodin Zenith F/S/T

#10 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:41 AM

Starting Monday too. Hows it been so far?

Been going good.

Except I couldn't really do anything when it came to weights because I'm still looking around for a good deal for them.

And I've kinda cheated the food diet part. I ate a cupcake.

#11 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 07:41 PM

stick the diet!! protein protein protein

make sure you take a good multivitamin, and stick to the diet! when you make chicken breasts, make 3 or 4 of them at a time. Same with fish or any other meal. There is nothing wrong with cooking once and eating 2 or 3 times

The workouts will get your body in shape, but the diet is what makes you look like you are in shape. If you skip the diet, you'll be an athletic fat guy like me, not good

I'm proud of you dood!! Keep up the great work!!!

#12 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

First after mike! And thanks!

#13 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,950 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:25 PM

buying bands might be cheaper. I dont use weights I just got a $20 pull up bar and use bands left over from physical therapy

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#14 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:46 PM

where can i buy the bands...?
i have dumbells but its only from 5-20lbs is that enough?
dont have a pull up bar though

how does it feel man?

#15 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:55 AM

First week was pretty tough.

But I've got bad news.

I crashed and burned on my bike.

Knee and arms messed up.

Looks like I need to take a small break from p90x because it sucks to move.

#16 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:00 PM

That stinks. You can still do it man!! I am also having problems finding time to cook. My mother doesnt like me putting pans away after every meal.

Wasa, you've inspired me to make a log and I will put one up soon.

Edited by SlovPeter, 12 July 2011 - 10:08 PM.

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#17 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,950 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:01 AM

if your hurt and can't do the exercises try and just do the xstreatch each day for the whole week. and try to get back into it after that. TechDP you can get bands at modells or try ebay for real cheap. You might be ok with 20lb weights but you might plateau

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#18 jtusa181

jtusa181

OnTarget Photography

• Retired Staff
  • 10,730 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:19 AM

How much of a strain is the workout on your back? I really need to get back in shape and this was one of the programs I was considering, but I have a bad back. Knocked 10 spots out of alignment almost a year ago but it will be a life long pain. But at the same time this might be good for my back, getting it stretched out.

OnTarget Photography

Bitches be haten, time to call all polar bears and beavers the war has begun...

My Feedback

#19 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,950 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

there are a bunch of back exercises and its all about doing what you can personally do and not getting hurt. So you should be able to do it w/o strain

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#20 devildog

devildog

SHAKE AND SHOOT 4 LIFE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

ahh your bad luck brought me bad luck..I crushed the bottom of my toenail last night. Got to bed early, and woke up this morning for some insanity...on day 3 and feeling good. If you don't have the weights or pull up bar to do p90x I would highly recommend Insanity. Or you can get crazy and mix them together ;)
Setup: Azodin Zenith
Pure Energy 50/45
Invert Too

Azodin Zenith F/S/T

#21 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

So, Wasa, when do you plan on starting again ?

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#22 98modder

98modder

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 05:16 PM

dude don't fall out of this, it's very effective although it might not feel like it at times. I did it for 5 weeks i was 5'10 and 160 5 weeks later i was 145. The 3rd week is the hardest, and i know what you mean that first week has you shaking haha. I wish i could have finished but i am busy in the school year, and in the summer i work(outside in MS) and when i get home i'm so frickin' tired good luck man
work cheaply????
Put this in your sig if you're under 18 and you buy your own gear!

#23 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:27 AM

dude don't fall out of this, it's very effective although it might not feel like it at times. I did it for 5 weeks i was 5'10 and 160 5 weeks later i was 145. The 3rd week is the hardest, and i know what you mean that first week has you shaking haha. I wish i could have finished but i am busy in the school year, and in the summer i work(outside in MS) and when i get home i'm so frickin' tired good luck man

I currently run instead of P90x, I'll look more into it after I'm done with Cross country season.

Good luck!

#24 WasabiBoi

WasabiBoi

★ ❈~Lucky Star~❈★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,587 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

stick the diet!! protein protein protein

make sure you take a good multivitamin, and stick to the diet! when you make chicken breasts, make 3 or 4 of them at a time. Same with fish or any other meal. There is nothing wrong with cooking once and eating 2 or 3 times

The workouts will get your body in shape, but the diet is what makes you look like you are in shape. If you skip the diet, you'll be an athletic fat guy like me, not good

I'm proud of you dood!! Keep up the great work!!!

It took me 2 years to really realize that my diet really does matter. That will be my MAIN BIGGEST focus as of right now. Because I am exactly what you predicted, a athletic fat guy. And it SUCKS.

Edited by WasabiBoi, 14 July 2013 - 01:23 AM.

#25 Tyler1225_1993

Tyler1225_1993

DominatorPB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:28 PM

So I'm going to make this log to keep me motivated and make sure I show people that I can do things that I want to do and I will succeed.
So here's my life story:
I've always been chubby when I was younger. Fat even. Overweight. I had nice round cheeks and thick fingers. My dad would always get treats for me and large meals. Late night snacks. This was my elementary school years. I believe I was over 100lbs when in 3rd grade. I ate. People made fun of me. I ate. People made fun of me. I had personality disorders because everywhere I went, no one wanted to be friends with me because I was so fat. I didn't play sports because everyone would say I was too fat and wouldn't let me play. It was a painful childhood. But when ever we were in PE, I was the best at some sports, always getting first. But no one congratulate me or even pick me first the next time we were going to play a sport. They said it was because I was too fat.
In middle school, my mom signed me up for a swim team. I wasn't fast, but I slowly became more lean and fit. I FINALLY had veins showing through my hands and legs. I was amazed because these were the first time I've saw them in my life. I started getting nicer lean muscle arms. So I tried hard. I lost 20 lbs over a 2 year period of swimming. I was 145 lbs and 5 ft 9in. I still had a massive belly and manjugs. But no matter how hard I tried, I could not get rid of them. So I was still labeled as "fat" even though I could run further and swim faster then all the "skinny" people.
Now, in high school, I've got myself into a bad situation. I had stopped swimming for about a year. I had lost some sign of my veins. I was 175lbs at 5 ft 10in. I joined the swim team at my high school but found it to be not as much of a work out. So I only lost 5 lbs in a season. Embarrassed when I took my shirt off and I'm the only one with what looked like a beer gut and manboobs. Everyone else had a pack, muscles, lean, looked good.
My "friends" call me Jello. Because of my fat.
When I told my mom (Mind you, my mom isn't really supportive) "I'm going to loose my belly fat and work on my muscles" She looked and me and laughed "Yeah right, good luck with that, It'll never ever happen." Well, I'm going to prove you wrong mom.
I'm tired of wearing jackets so my manboobs won't show through my t shirt. I'm tired of squeezing into my size 34 pants. I'm tired of being fat.
So now it's summer. I found P90x. I'm taking it as a door way to a better life. Here we go with day 0.
July 2, 2011: 170lbs 5ft 10in
July 5, 2011: 165lbs 1st day
Notes: FInished Day one. Holy crap. I am tired. But I really need to pick up a weight set.
I thought the back and body workout was killers. But the Ab ripper x was like "Hoooollllllyyyshhhhiiiiiiittttt" tiring. But I pushed myself to do atleast a couple.
For weights, I used my 2k1 cocker with my steelie tank and my halo with a full pod of paint. and a milk jug filled with water. (Whoo. Paintball is involved with this workout!)
At the end. I went to reward myself with a nice large slice of pizza for my first day. Reward yourself. Just not too often. My arms were shaking when I was holding the plate. Yes, it's that tiring. 1 day down!
Heyyyyyy It's been over a year.
Oct 16, 2012
Yeah, as you might have guessed, I didn't follow through with 90 days of p90x.
However, as I BS'd my way though my previous year of highschool, I was careful not to overstuff myself anytime, any day but still ate what I wanted. I also tried to cut on sweets and junk. Cycling became a new hobby. Kept the 165-170LBS range.
This year, I joined my school's cross country team and now cycle everywhere and ride with a team on weekends. I've been in crosscountry for about 4 months now and we run for about 1 hour 30 mins everyday. It helps to have people to run with you. You get that mentality that you either have to beat people or at least participate to save face and not run or BS around.
I lost 5-10lbs and I'm now under 155-160 (edit 2013: Scale was off about 5lbs. So about 160-165 lbs was my real weight) and still loosing while gaining muscle. I still eat what I want though. I think if I ate more healthy my weight loss would be much quicker, but I try to stay away from super unhealthy foods.
Judging from the photos, it's nothing mind blowing, but it's an improvement. I'm happy and still looking forward with my progress for the next year.
July 13 2013

Just thought I would do a update. 

Been biking almost every other day. I think I need to start lifting weights as I don't really see a difference since last year. 

My current weight is around 155-160. What was scary was that maybe during the beginning of 2013, my weight went up to 170lbs. I quickly dropped that back down. Now I'm going to work hard for a sub 150 weight.

My food diet is still pretty bad. I really don't know what to do with my diet, I'm sure I'll figure something out. 
Yeah, no real big change. Just maybe jawline is alittle more cut/defined. I need to get rid of this gut though.
July 2011IMG_2439-1.jpgIMG_2444.jpgIMG_2443.jpgIMG_2441.jpgIMG_2437-1.jpg
Oct. 2012IMG_3820.jpgIMG_3821.jpgIMG_3846.jpgIMG_3824.jpg

July 2013

IMG_4800_zps4744a332.jpg

IMG_4804_zps5a3f14be.jpg

Nice man, I'm doing the same program. Enjoy the intensity.
DominatorPB!
Pinokio Army v2!
Dye/Proto Owners Club!
Proud Pump Owner: CCM 6.5 Brown/Black!
Fort Myers Legends Paintball Team (CAP)!

#26 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:57 AM

There is a great phrase in the body building scene. Anyone can put in a hour in the gym but it takes a master to control what goes into it for the next 23 hours. Another great one is from Arnold who said you cant out run a bad diet. 

That said I was in your same spot. I wanted to get bigger and lose fat. I was 190 6' and 23% bf I now weigh 215 11%bf. I am also asian just like you so man boobs are easy to get with a sunken in chest. 

One thing that works great for guys is a keto diet. Its easy to follow you can goggle it I am not going to go in depth with the diet. But buy keto sticks 10 bucks at wallgreens to track how far your in keto. Great diet to go along with a steady workout program and helps keep lean muscle which keeps your bodies cal intake higher then with most diets.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users