82 replies to this topic

#51 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

In the picture above, is that a new reg from ICP? Or a rendering you did?
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#52 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:37 PM

LOL High End shoots 50+ BPS... okay great, even IF thats true, good luck finding a loader that feeds that fast... make it shoot 15bps and move on.

#53 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:29 PM

LOL High End shoots 50+ BPS... okay great, even IF thats true, good luck finding a loader that feeds that fast... make it shoot 15bps and move on.

So change is bad? Loaders can and will progress beyond where they are now.

#54 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:32 PM

It comes to a point where the physical limitations of handling the paint caps the loaders, not the technology itself. They can't be too hard on the paint, and they can't be too fast that the paint won't fall into the drive cone.

It's not just about change, it's about useful change.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 06 July 2011 - 05:36 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#55 mr.satire

mr.satire

Your birth is a mistake you'll spend your whole life fixing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 849 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

It comes to a point where the physical limitations of handling the paint caps the loaders, not the technology itself. They can't be too hard on the paint, and they can't be too fast that the paint won't fall into the drive cone.

It's not just about change, it's about useful change.

I agree. Look at the current trend in marker tech, its headed towards comfort and reliability. Attempts as speed ended with the SL74 no one cares about going over 25bps max, even then most people will never go over 15 bps

#56 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

Well I didn't really mean to turn this into an argument with my statement. Change is good though. If a future loaders are improved because of someone trying to get one to 50bps and finding some other cool feature instead, awesome. I still think ICPaintball is doing a great job getting customers involved with the design, even if they are being raked over the coals by some of them.

#57 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

Moves in silence like lasagna

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts
  • Location:some where in, uh.....Canada... yeah thats right I think

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

so you've lowered reg pressure :tup: that makes it much more appealing for people who want to buy an aftermarket reg

im still confused why you guys are ripping on them for their trigger and reg. the reg looks fine, WAY better than how a CP reg looks. they specifically said that their trigger is going to be removable/interchangable so you'll be able to have a single trigger for all tournaments.

the only issue i could see with the reg milling is if it's sharp, it will be uncomfortable. if you smooth it down it'll be better.

For the trigger, no field I know is going to allow people to use a gun with 2 fucking triggers. So you will end up paying for a gun with 2 triggers, but only the option with one trigger. Even if you are allowed to play with it, what are you going to use? A Q loader? Good luck using that at a speed ball game. At "50 BPS" think of how many times you are going to have to reload a Q loader, and think of how long they take to load.

The reg was at 200 psi. What the fuck? I know they got that fixed now, but now no one is complaining about it anymore. We are all trying to help.

You say CP regs look bad? That is entirely opinion. So you can't argue about that at all. I like the way a CP reg looks. This reg they have looks very flashy, and cheap. It looks like something that would be stuck on an old cocker. The milling looks off too. This reg looks like junk.
There, that is my opinion. How are you going to change my mind?

CP regs have been proven to work, and are trusted by almost every paintball player who has tried them. These haven't even been produced yet. So obviously, people are going to favor CP.

Edited by (Insert Creative Name), 06 July 2011 - 06:46 PM.

Yeah, I have no sig, deal with it...

#58 Murd0ck

Murd0ck

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

Everyone has nailed pretty much everything, but I personally like rubber covered regs. I just don't like the slippery metal of the majority of regulators. It doesn't look as pretty but it's much more functional imo.
I only shave from the waist up so that I can look like a minotaur.

#59 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

To ICP:
No one is meaning to criticize you. We are giving you feedback, which apparently, you ignore. slow down you guns, spend money on comfort and reliability, and fix the reg (i do like how you lowered the pressure). You customers and paintball players whant a out of this world product at this time in paintball, and right now, your products are (no offense intended) bullshit. You have AMAZING potential, just edit your products to fit the player's prefrences, and you will be swimming in cash! The way I see it, Mike draws a HUGE audience, and has great influence over people's opinions. Just look at Smart Parts, Some of his videos he trash talked them, but he LOVED the vibe/sp1, because they had stuff that the other guns didn't. If you get Mike to like you products, that is a major win. Im not kissing up to Mike, but be honest, he has influenced our opinions at least once! I can see ICP doing VERY well, if they change a few things. (besides, eliminating the double triggers/solenoids save money you know)

Sincerely,
Will, and hopefully a future customer

#60 ICPaintball*com

ICPaintball*com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 08:22 PM

To ICP:
No one is meaning to criticize you. We are giving you feedback, which apparently, you ignore. slow down you guns, spend money on comfort and reliability, and fix the reg (i do like how you lowered the pressure). You customers and paintball players whant a out of this world product at this time in paintball, and right now, your products are (no offense intended) bullshit. You have AMAZING potential, just edit your products to fit the player's prefrences, and you will be swimming in cash! The way I see it, Mike draws a HUGE audience, and has great influence over people's opinions. Just look at Smart Parts, Some of his videos he trash talked them, but he LOVED the vibe/sp1, because they had stuff that the other guns didn't. If you get Mike to like you products, that is a major win. Im not kissing up to Mike, but be honest, he has influenced our opinions at least once! I can see ICP doing VERY well, if they change a few things. (besides, eliminating the double triggers/solenoids save money you know)

Sincerely,
Will, and hopefully a future customer

I promise you we watch all of this feedback, and are taking everything into account as it is posted. Never the less this is out first run of the product in the prototyping stages and changes will be made over the coming months, =]

ICPaintball.com

Leading the way in Innovation.
For any questions regarding ICPaintball, please email: ICPaintball@live.com

You can also catch up with us on Facebook or Twitter at any time!

#61 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 09:50 PM

I have been trying to think of what you guys could change for the current market, especially in your marker. The double triggers were a great way to separate yourself from other manufacturers and I know you guys are trying to bring something new, which is great. But, the speed race is over, and now people don't want the fastest gun possible. People want guns now that are comfortable to hold, and smooth shooters. A few yaers ago, this marker might have been king, but since rates of fire have been capped, speed isn't wanted as much anymore.

Newer players might want a gun with high bps, but enabling them to shoot so fast also isn' t responsible.

My suggestion is to ditch the whole double trigger idea, and focus on making a gun that is smooth, and comfortable, and not too short and flashy.

#62 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:36 PM

I have been trying to think of what you guys could change for the current market, especially in your marker. The double triggers were a great way to separate yourself from other manufacturers and I know you guys are trying to bring something new, which is great. But, the speed race is over, and now people don't want the fastest gun possible. People want guns now that are comfortable to hold, and smooth shooters. A few yaers ago, this marker might have been king, but since rates of fire have been capped, speed isn't wanted as much anymore.

Newer players might want a gun with high bps, but enabling them to shoot so fast also isn' t responsible.

My suggestion is to ditch the whole double trigger idea, and focus on making a gun that is smooth, and comfortable, and not too short and flashy.

It's been said multiple times; the double trigger can be turned into a single thus making it tourney legal. And speed is still an issue for those on the Punkworks Speed King board.

#63 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:27 AM

Yeah but I wouldn't want to pay for two triggers, and use only one. When the main selling point (so far, other than the camera) is a double trigger, why buy it and only use one.

Ok, so for one thread on TechPb, there is a reason to try to make a gun that shoots 50bps? No loader can even keep up with the markers now.

#64 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 01:42 AM

Alright heres what your goal for this regulator is:

I'd say get a 30 degree Port for the Macro/Steel fitting, We like our markers to look clean, and not have macroline bent upwards and side-ways

I actually like the reg milling, I would go for one which has a simple "dotted" steel grip
Posted Image

Do that, but in all steel, no rubber. Have the top portion of the reg look clean with little, or no cuts.

as Slinky said, Being able to grip in reg is important, especially when it comes to removing it.

Then I think for Style you would have a winner,

As for PERFORMANCE:

Depending on the price:
If your looking for a entry level reg, then 180-600 PSI is fine.
for a mid level/high end reg 100-600PSI is a MUST
Fast Recharge and Stable Rates are a givin.

The reg must be user serviceable, easy to get in and out of. and most importantly, easy to replace parts such as springs or O-rings
If you plan on doing a super high performance reg then it would have to come with a spring kit for each "pressure zone" (80-180PSI) (200-350 PSI) (375-600PSI) ect ect.

Keep updated us on pictures AND Cad drawings!! Even a CAd render is enough for us to have feedback,

I need a new regulator in about 2 months so I'd LOVE to support you guys in making a top notch product.

only problem if they make a reg like the one you pictured but all steel instead of rubber, it would tear up your hands during a day of play, that would be like gripping/sliding/ rubbing etc. your hands on a metal file all day long it would suck in the end. Their reg design now seems like it would tear up some hands but i have a feeling the finished product will be smoothed down.

As for everyone else, keep this thread just about the reg. If you have comments on their marker and its feature than talk about it in the thread for their gun, not the thread on the reg. Allof those issues have nothing to do with this thread besides its from the same company
Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#65 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:40 AM

I'd say get a 30 degree Port for the Macro/Steel fitting, We like our markers to look clean, and not have macroline bent upwards and side-ways

I actually like the reg milling, I would go for one which has a simple "dotted" steel grip
Posted Image

Do that, but in all steel, no rubber. Have the top portion of the reg look clean with little, or no cuts.

as Slinky said, Being able to grip in reg is important, especially when it comes to removing it.

As for PERFORMANCE:

Depending on the price:

The reg must be user serviceable, easy to get in and out of. and most importantly, easy to replace parts such as springs or O-rings
If you plan on doing a super high performance reg then it would have to come with a spring kit for each "pressure zone" (80-180PSI) (200-350 PSI) (375-600PSI) ect ect.

Keep updated us on pictures AND Cad drawings!! Even a CAd render is enough for us to have feedback,

I need a new regulator in about 2 months so I'd LOVE to support you guys in making a top notch product.

only problem if they make a reg like the one you pictured but all steel instead of rubber, it would tear up your hands during a day of play, that would be like gripping/sliding/ rubbing etc. your hands on a metal file all day long it would suck in the end. Their reg design now seems like it would tear up some hands but i have a feeling the finished product will be smoothed down.

As for everyone else, keep this thread just about the reg. If you have comments on their marker and its feature than talk about it in the thread for their gun, not the thread on the reg. Allof those issues have nothing to do with this thread besides its from the same company

yea unless you had gloves that wouldnt feel nice

#66 (Insert Creative Name)

(Insert Creative Name)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

Posted Image

As for PERFORMANCE:

Depending on the price:

Yeah sorry about that, I wasn't thinking about de-railing the thread.... Oops :P

I agree with you on the reg, their first design looks very sharp, and going with a rubber coating would be a really great idea, because when you starting sweating, you will lose grip quickly if you just hold onto the reg.

#67 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

so you've lowered reg pressure :tup: that makes it much more appealing for people who want to buy an aftermarket reg

im still confused why you guys are ripping on them for their trigger and reg. the reg looks fine, WAY better than how a CP reg looks. they specifically said that their trigger is going to be removable/interchangable so you'll be able to have a single trigger for all tournaments.

the only issue i could see with the reg milling is if it's sharp, it will be uncomfortable. if you smooth it down it'll be better.

For the trigger, no field I know is going to allow people to use a gun with 2 fucking triggers. So you will end up paying for a gun with 2 triggers, but only the option with one trigger. Even if you are allowed to play with it, what are you going to use? A Q loader? Good luck using that at a speed ball game. At "50 BPS" think of how many times you are going to have to reload a Q loader, and think of how long they take to load.

The reg was at 200 psi. What the fuck? I know they got that fixed now, but now no one is complaining about it anymore. We are all trying to help.

You say CP regs look bad? That is entirely opinion. So you can't argue about that at all. I like the way a CP reg looks. This reg they have looks very flashy, and cheap. It looks like something that would be stuck on an old cocker. The milling looks off too. This reg looks like junk.

CP regs have been proven to work, and are trusted by almost every paintball player who has tried them. These haven't even been produced yet. So obviously, people are going to favor CP.

Well, for starters, if a field is semi auto, why wouldnt they let you use a true double trigger? It's still semi auto, and they can cap the BPS if they really want. If a field doesn't allow it, SWITCH THE TRIGGER. if this marker lives up to what they're saying about it it'll be well worth the time. Plus, once you switch triggers, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SWITCH BACK.

People were comparing them to CP regs performance AND looks. My point was that you can't compare how regs look. I know they're going to compare them in performance, but in looks? Hell no.

Edit: Also, why would guns be allowed with boards that can go full auto at 20 BPS? are boards illegal now because of this feature? Why is having a double trigger worse than having a board that ramps to 25 BPS?

Edited by larryjerry1, 09 July 2011 - 12:51 AM.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#68 BEASTY

BEASTY

Uber Member

• Members
  • 14,394 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:45 AM

Looks like something I'd find on an old sPyder or a cheap aftermarket reg for a spyder

What you NEED to do is mark your territory, Pee on/in the WHOLE school. I mean EVERYWHERE just SOAK IT.

↔↔ Beasty Barrel Socks ↔↔ 46/0/0↔↔

#69 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:53 AM

Well, for starters, if a field is semi auto, why wouldnt they let you use a true double trigger? It's still semi auto, and they can cap the BPS if they really want. If a field doesn't allow it, SWITCH THE TRIGGER. if this marker lives up to what they're saying about it it'll be well worth the time. Plus, once you switch triggers, YOU DON'T HAVE TO SWITCH BACK.

People were comparing them to CP regs performance AND looks. My point was that you can't compare how regs look. I know they're going to compare them in performance, but in looks? Hell no.

Edit: Also, why would guns be allowed with boards that can go full auto at 20 BPS? are boards illegal now because of this feature? Why is having a double trigger worse than having a board that ramps to 25 BPS?

a lot of fields actually banned the spyder rocking trigger because it had dual activation points, at least here they did. but lets keep this thread on topic please

and why cant you compare a regs performance and looks? if you havent noticed aesthetics plays a huge role in paintball players decision over something. Thats why CP regs sell so well because they can perform good enough and have a nice sleek look that go with most markers out there. Unlike how this reg seems to be turning out
Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#70 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:29 AM

Meh. With all this stuff like feedneck cameras and two triggers, I dont think a new company can handle this.

I might be wrong, who knows. Maybe it will be the new Ego.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#71 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:32 AM

how it's banned from the NPPL....

though A beginner's 20 BPS marker... It might be a nice outlaw gun
Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#72 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

It's banned because of dual activation points on one trigger. The trigger will be able to be swapped out though... I don't think the NPPL has said anything about the new trigger.

#73 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Yeah but I wouldn't want to pay for two triggers, and use only one. When the main selling point (so far, other than the camera) is a double trigger, why buy it and only use one.

Ok, so for one thread on TechPb, there is a reason to try to make a gun that shoots 50bps? No loader can even keep up with the markers now.

im confused, how will a gun with two triggers allow you to shoot 50 bps on semi? whos hands can move that fast? is there something im missing? :s
My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

#74 SamD

SamD

i was never here

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 11:27 AM

im confused, how will a gun with two triggers allow you to shoot 50 bps on semi? whos hands can move that fast? is there something im missing? :s

i think he's high...

but back to the new reg, it looks like that thing would slice your hand open! whos idea was that?

#75 krispy022

krispy022

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:07 PM

ya im liking the motorcycle grip for the look of the reg is much better than the first one it looked like a 10 year old design (actually i have a bko with a reg like that) but ya i think if you were going to go with the design of the hadle grips id say go with all metal with the checkering then you could dual it out,

#76 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

Why am I getting the feeling that these are more well made spyders? Anyway I wish I could see some images of guns, the fact that there is an order tracking system and a cart but no products is odd. Other than that I hope you guys skyrocket, I've been following your facebook page since you first made it :)
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#77 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 03:59 PM

It's banned because of dual activation points on one trigger. The trigger will be able to be swapped out though... I don't think the NPPL has said anything about the new trigger.

exactly just because a gun has the capabilities to shoot 50 BPS isn't enough to get it banned, I mean like its very easy to turn on a bps cap. Its the same reason that the spyder rocking trigger got baned
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#78 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:17 PM

I'm just waiting for the release. So we can see all this super see seecret functions. Next thing you know they'll have an app for their board software programming.

#79 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Posted Image

I agree with you on the reg, their first design looks very sharp, and going with a rubber coating would be a really great idea, because when you starting sweating, you will lose grip quickly if you just hold onto the reg.

Hmm maybe best to clarify, I was thinking more of a "nippled" grip, basically a series of very short rounded bumps which act like a grid system to grip things, Kind of like a Dental pick
Posted Image

I think that would not only look really cool, But offer good grip while being low key at the same time.
Plus if you ever had to strap wrench it, the rubber would grip it super well.

Edited by Eskimo, 10 July 2011 - 09:44 PM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#80 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

a lot of fields actually banned the spyder rocking trigger because it had dual activation points, at least here they did. but lets keep this thread on topic please

and why cant you compare a regs performance and looks? if you havent noticed aesthetics plays a huge role in paintball players decision over something. Thats why CP regs sell so well because they can perform good enough and have a nice sleek look that go with most markers out there. Unlike how this reg seems to be turning out

You shouldn't compare looks because it's an opinion. I think CP regs look like crap and ruin the look of any gun they're put on. But I like he look of this reg

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#81 jordan.f

jordan.f

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:39 PM

I have been following this company through techpb since you made the first thread and I would suggest you get a thread on the paintball compaine sub forum so everyone can easily stay on topic without necroing the old thread. And now onto the reg. I kinda like the looks of it but it looks like it would not match the style of modern guns so as said already I would slim it down to give it a smooth sleek look

#82 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

any news on the regulator?

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#83 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

any news on the regulator?

or anything icp for that matter
My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users