34 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:12 AM

Ya know, you sometimes eat things that you shouldn't. You know they are bad for you, you know that they are full of empty calories, you know they contribute negatively to your weight loss goals and your health..

But damn they taste good!!!

I had an idea to set up a thread, like a support group, where you could post & brag about your accomplishments of resisting. This thread is for those who did the unthinkable- put the snack back and didn't eat it!

Here is how this works. You will self rate the item in question on a crave scale. 10 being the highest. For instance, one of my all time favorite things to eat is french silk pie. I love it, it's so freaking good. If I went to a house party, or a dinner, and they were offering french silk pie, I'd put it down like this-

"Resisted the urge to eat a delicious slice of french silk pie - 10 points for Mike"

Now, there are things that may not get the full 10 points, but still count towards your weight loss goals. For instance -

"Ate at 5 Guys today. Ordered a hamburger instead of a cheeseburger, just had a small handful of fries instead of an entire order. Maybe if I would have skipped the bun and bulked up on the fresh veggies I could have gotten a higher score, but I'll give myself 5 points for going light on the fries and skipping the cheese and bacon."

The most important thing about this thread, is to be a positive re-enforcement place for you to come post up, or brag about your recent victory, where your will power dominated mindless snacking. I've got one I'll be starting right away-

Resisted the urge not to snack on my daughter's leftover pancakes and Canadian syrup this morning. Had an egg white omelet instead with mushrooms, and a sprinkle of shredded cheese - I'll give this one about a 6/10. Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, warm homemade pancakes with vanilla and cinnamon is a tough one for me to resist!!

#2 dcpaintball

dcpaintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:15 AM

first after mike! I resisted eating pop tarts for breakfast but instead ate fiber rich cereal. id say thats a 5/10 i love pop tarts...

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,981 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 01:28 PM

I could have had french toast this morning. Instead, I had a bowl of cheerios and a banana. I'd say it's about a 7/10.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#4 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:02 PM

skipped that morning energy drink I tend to enjoy when I'm up late with studying

Damn Sugar Free NOS, I'm going to miss that orange and silver can today. I give about a 5/10 on that one. Substituted some Tazo Iced Zen Green Tea in it's place

#5 jdatkinsn

jdatkinsn

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:27 PM

I am a huge anti-sugar guy (intellectually, at least :) ) and generally do pretty well about staying well below 75g of carbohydrate daily, but I went home for the 4th this past weekend and my mom had whipped up her homemade sugar cookies with homemade maple sugar icing- something that for me is like snifter of brandy to an alcoholic. If I eat one, I'll eat 20 and end up waking up two days later in my driveway wearing nothing but my underwear and a bicycle helmet. The most heinously delicious things I've ever tasted.

So when, at our cookout there was a MASSIVE FUCKING PLATTER of them in the middle of the dessert table, I knew I had to take action. I grabbed a napkin, cut off a block of cheese and nibbled on that for the rest of the evening. For this, I give myself a 7/10. I still had the overwhelming urge to literally steal the platter and go eat them alone in the bathroom, but I knew there would be hell to pay if I did. (For what it's worth, I managed to maintain status quo for the rest of the cookout- lean meats and loads of the fresh, farmer's market veggies).

I like this thread idea.

Edited by jdatkinsn, 05 July 2011 - 03:34 PM.

#6 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:39 PM

Someone brought glazed donuts to class this morning. Would have been a 3/10, but since I had my cup of coffee with me, it jumped up to a 6/10. Love those donuts and coffee in the morning...

#7 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 08:15 AM

Instead of having something unhealthy this morning, I sought out the egg beaters and had scrambled eggs. 1/4 cup = two eggs, almonds, and that was breakfast.

Midmorning snack is Casien protien.

#8 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:45 AM

My mother decided to cash in on the Ice creme sale a few days ago.
There is 2 tubs of vanilla and rocky road in the freezer and I love everything about ice creme. I mean like I use soup ladles to put ice creme in my bowl.
Its like a dirty crack head rubbing crack dust over his body and humping a gigantic crack rock....

And its not the cheap stuff. I mean, they had tubs of haigen daz on for buy 2 for 5$.... Normally they be like 6$ each! this is high class crack creme.

Not to mention it goes straight to me ghetto booty.
Its still there.....cold....delicious... Right now there is some serious temptation right now.

where are my chia seeds!!!

Edit: My mouth is watering right now

Edited by Eskimo, 08 July 2011 - 10:48 AM.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#9 iceman6

iceman6

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:50 AM

Instead of having something unhealthy this morning, I sought out the egg beaters and had scrambled eggs. 1/4 cup = two eggs, almonds, and that was breakfast.

Midmorning snack is Casien protien.

Awesome breakfast there but may i suggest switching to whey protein during the day? Casien is more of an overnight protein where its effects will work to their fullest without needing physical activity. With whey even doing a light workout will yield better weight lose / muscle building results.

On Fridays one of my co-workers brings in McDonalds breakfast sandwiches and hash browns for breakfast. I was able to turn down the breakfast sandwiches and stick to my Whey protein shake, whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter, and banana. turned down the breakfast sandwich for a cliff builders bar. +7 points for me for following routine and substituting bad food for a healthier option!

#10 {Pb}Atracin

{Pb}Atracin

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

• Members
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:10 AM

Yesterday my breakfast consisted of nothing. I decided I'll try one of the ways models loose weight: straving themselves.

By lunch this method of weight loss had grown tiresome. So I had made my way to a Wendy's, ordered a Baconator, Coke, fries, and a large Frosty. I had finished everything. After that, while walking home, I decided to stop my local gas station, and picked up a chocolate bar and a Monster energy drink.

At home I drank more pop, until dinner arrived, where my parents had brought home some pizza and chicken wings. I downed maybe 2 slices of pizza, and quite a few chicken wings. I was quite proud of myself, because this pizza was very delicious, and I doubt I could have restrained myself to 2 slices if it were in any other circumstance.

Before I went to bed I ate a small bag of chips, and drank my first real glass of water for that day.

I give myself a -5/10

Edited by {Pb}Atracin, 08 July 2011 - 11:34 AM.

Posted Image
SPEHSS MAHREENS
Canadian Ballers Club | Empire Owners Club | Canadian Ambassador Minnesota Ballers Club
Lick it.

#11 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:23 AM

I've resisted the urge to eat for the past three weeks. I think I'm dying.

1/10

Spoiler

Edited by schulzy, 08 July 2011 - 11:24 AM.

sigwf.png

#12 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

Posted Image
submit to the delicousness of pancakes

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#13 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:16 PM

Last Wednesday on the way to the cottage at the restaurant on the Mohawk Indian reservation we stop at for gas and grub on the way to the cottage i had a salad Instead of poutine with my burger.

how ever at this little Chicken place little mom and pop joint i failed to keep this up and Instead of getting spicy fries.... i poutine them with my fried chicken last night...

though 15 Pieces for 20 bucks ... right now.... i could eat chicken all week .... Resisting is hard...

BTW poutine is a culinary delight with Deep fired potato gravy and cheese.

2/10 for resting unhealthy nomage... this is harder then resisting arrest...

Edited by DruidicRifleman, 08 July 2011 - 03:17 PM.

Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#14 M01R

M01R

It's using the trees!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,156 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

Posted Image

<3

You gotta be careful. Don't just go in there with hopes you'll be done in a few seconds, take time, make designs, put your name in it. Whatever. It gets the job done, and you feel good after, knowing nobodycan steal your junk, because your name is engraved in your manhair.

Sickest Gearbag Sale on TechPB! Check it out!

#15 jdatkinsn

jdatkinsn

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

I don't even know what like, half that stuff is.

#16 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

Breakfast - two eggs, scrambled. One mini bagel, skim milk, and a apple.
snack - 25gram protein mix mixed with water
Lunch - Turkey smmach, 1 slice of pepper jack cheese, little bit of low fat mayo with a cup of orange slices.
2pm - Ran 1.5 miles
2:45 - 25 gram protein mix mixed with water.

Starting weight as of 7/1/2011 - 275lbs

Current weight 269lbs, current height - 6ft 4inch

Edited by drexler, 09 July 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#17 jdatkinsn

jdatkinsn

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

This other tall brotha' gotcha back- 6'6" and 197 but cutting to 190 by August 1.

PM me, homie.

#18 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Dinner was amazing.

Small portion of yellow rice (because it's amazing)
Heated canned spinach
Tuna steak about 7 ounces
starberrys
carrots.

FUCKING AMAZING

#19 Melendez402

Melendez402

El Dorado

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:27 PM

Last Wednesday on the way to the cottage at the restaurant on the Mohawk Indian reservation we stop at for gas and grub on the way to the cottage i had a salad Instead of poutine with my burger.

how ever at this little Chicken place little mom and pop joint i failed to keep this up and Instead of getting spicy fries.... i poutine them with my fried chicken last night...

though 15 Pieces for 20 bucks ... right now.... i could eat chicken all week .... Resisting is hard...

BTW poutine is a culinary delight with Deep fired potato gravy and cheese.

2/10 for resting unhealthy nomage... this is harder then resisting arrest...

LOL

#20 pizimp

pizimp

Jewmacian baller (jewish and Jamaican) Viva la Israel viva la Ja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:59 AM

My mother decided to cash in on the Ice creme sale a few days ago.
There is 2 tubs of vanilla and rocky road in the freezer and I love everything about ice creme. I mean like I use soup ladles to put ice creme in my bowl.
Its like a dirty crack head rubbing crack dust over his body and humping a gigantic crack rock....

And its not the cheap stuff. I mean, they had tubs of haigen daz on for buy 2 for 5$.... Normally they be like 6$ each! this is high class crack creme.

Not to mention it goes straight to me ghetto booty.
Its still there.....cold....delicious... Right now there is some serious temptation right now.

where are my chia seeds!!!

Edit: My mouth is watering right now

Sigged good sir

Posted Image

Buying your upped guns

#21 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

I see the canadians just suck at resisting temptations.
Anyways, I had a potato salad today instead of chomping down on take out, the salad is made with a VERY thin amount of mayo (instead of the usual alot) and is filled with green/red/yellow peppers, onions, Chia seeds, flax seeds, and I also discovered its SO MUCH easier to eat banana's upside down.

Citrus Connection

#22 {Pb}Atracin

{Pb}Atracin

Bow Chicka Wow Wow

• Members
  • 8,762 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:38 PM

My dinner consisted of cookies and milk...

Posted Image
SPEHSS MAHREENS
Canadian Ballers Club | Empire Owners Club | Canadian Ambassador Minnesota Ballers Club
Lick it.

#23 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,981 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 10:51 PM

On my way home today I drove by an In-N-Out. I was so tempted to drive through and get a few double doubles, but instead went home, and grilled up some hamburger patties and had those with some BBQ sauce instead.

I give it about a 9/10 for In-N-Out

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#24 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,313 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

i havnt had an ounce of soda in weeks.

thats probably like an 8/10
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#25 PaducahPaintballer

PaducahPaintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

Got me some chocolate pie when I got home

thats probably like a 10/10

#26 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:41 PM

A Harveys burger joint (for those of you who have no idea what harveys is, its like the Canadian version of your restaurant which grills the pattys fresh right infront of your face, puts amazing fresh toppins on, and makes you love life.
just opened right beside my work, and I worked the last 3 days in a row there.....

8/10
8/10
8/10

I'm eating pasta for lunches and rocking my quinoa.

Citrus Connection

#27 boog

boog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

I've resisted the urge to eat for the past three weeks. I think I'm dying.

LMAO now this is funny

walkin into mcdonalds on the way to work this morning I decided I was going to get a number nine with an extra hash brown.. but then I spotted a family of large people struggling just to make it to the door and quickly decided i am getting oatmeal with no sugar and a mio to drink

I am saying 6/10.. I digs me some burritos

#28 SlovPeter

SlovPeter

Been here since the beginning!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:30 AM

Instead of eating Extreme Cheddar Goldfish for diner, I ate a turkey burger with whole wheat bread, and low fat skim cheese. I even added some onions.

I say that's 7.5/10

My Feedback 20/0

BORG YOU WILL BE MISSED.

#29 Sr_505

Sr_505

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 02:41 PM

Being vegetarian.

I'd say that's a 10/10 :D

#30 PewPewPew

PewPewPew

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:21 PM

I started the day off with rice krispies and skim milk with rasberries. Went to summer classes, then enjoyed a nice lunch from Lee's sandwhiches, a place where you grab all sorts of vietnamese goodies. Had me a grilled chicken bahn mi, then went home.

Then, shit started to happen.

I looked at my counter and saw a box of unholy goodness.

DOTS FUCKING CUPCAKES

Custom made cupcakes that has killer frosting and the best gawdamn spongy texture.(Also loaded with excescive amounts of butermilk and confectioners sugar, but whatever...)

I looked inside. Red velvet, coconut, vanilla chocolate swirl, mint chip, and carrot cake. I bet one of those guys has like 500 calories each. SO dense and yummy.

But i resisted and just jad 3 nilla wafers.

4/10
Im a sexy beast, deal with it.
Pcs us5, Gog Extcy, Spyder Mr1, Jt Accelerator 3.0
J&J 14" ceramic barrel. J&J 16 inch ceramic barrel, Custom products .685 one piece
Eye force loader, Vlocity
Gxg tac vest with remote and 2 48/3000 tanks.

#31 Globemasta III

Globemasta III

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:01 PM

at mcD's i got 3 free hashbrowns and gave them to my friend. 3/10 for still eating at mcD's but cutting my portion in half
OFWGKTA

#32 betacompany3stkr

betacompany3stkr

Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

I was offered a few left over slices of chocolate cream pie. I had only eaten a little for dinner, about half a plate of turkey and potatoes. Still decided no pie. 8/10

I fucking love pie.
Back, I am.

#33 Eskimo

Eskimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:34 PM

In my kitchen I have Two drawers to store food, The left one has all the stuff I dont want to eat, and the right one has my Stashes of oatmeal, quinoa, seeds, rice ect ect.

HOWEVER.

This morning someone put my oatmeal in the left cupboard.

When i opened it there was a box of Nesquick infront of my bag of oatmeal.

NOT FUNNY. nesquick was my childhood cocaine, I would run into stores and eat entire boxes while hiding on the top shelves so the employees could not reach me, I would literally become Gollum
when I saw these things.

Posted Image

Ate my bowl of oatmeal

10/10

Citrus Connection

#34 betacompany3stkr

betacompany3stkr

Legend.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

In my kitchen I have Two drawers to store food, The left one has all the stuff I dont want to eat, and the right one has my Stashes of oatmeal, quinoa, seeds, rice ect ect.

HOWEVER.

This morning someone put my oatmeal in the left cupboard.

When i opened it there was a box of Nesquick infront of my bag of oatmeal.

NOT FUNNY. nesquick was my childhood cocaine, I would run into stores and eat entire boxes while hiding on the top shelves so the employees could not reach me, I would literally become Gollum
when I saw these things.

Posted Image

Ate my bowl of oatmeal

10/10

I laughed so fucking hard imagining young eskimo's face smeared with chocolate atop a shelf hissing at employees.
Back, I am.

#35 doritos and salsa

doritos and salsa

come at me bro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 12:24 PM

hmmm i have not resisted anything because i havent wanted something unhealthy yet.....the time will come
dp f7 for gear http://www.techpb.co...0

Oh yeah, alternately, you could just call her a fat bitch, block her number, and give her a nice, strong, cunt punt if she comes near you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users