• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:48 PM

Anybody here a regular at NVP in rochester ny? Just started paintball a short while ago, thinking of going there. Thoughts?

Theres an outdoor field too, i think its Pro-Paintball? its a ghetto/legit speedball/airball with woodsball style bunkers and a makeshift castle, anyone been there?

#2 cdog1212

cdog1212

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:09 AM

its only an indoor field i play there, pretty pricy also

#3 Effrey

Effrey

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:09 AM

Ill be heading to NVP to play for the first time there this weekend. i went to spectate a few weekends ago and it looked pretty nice.

#4 TruckCMF

TruckCMF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:44 PM

I play NVP pretty often used to ref there for a little while

#5 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

Update: I went with some friends, its a cool place, definitely wear cleets, the field is soaked with paint. People were cool, no D-bags around. Is a bit on the more expensive side, $65 for basic training paint, probably so high because they have their logo on the balls. Was my first time at a real field (with full pb clothes and an etek3, they didnt believe me lol) and i can definitely say i would recommend it. Last game of the night is a blast, but i wont spoil it for you, you will see.

#6 jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

Im going there this weekend to check it out.

Waaay back in the day, about 15 years ago, I used to play indoor at a field just off the inner loop. It was an old post office. I remember thinking it was awesome! I want to check it out and see if its still there.

#7 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

i play at nvp...the field used to be a lot better now the refs don't realy give a shit :/

#8 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:24 AM

Was there again last night with a few friends. People were talking about the post office, guess its shut down and its a storage facility now. There is a new place at the rochester armory, was the former jello factory paintball in LeRoy, NY. Links Here Havent been there myself but looks pretty cool.

#9 Nuked

Nuked

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 01:06 AM

NVP ain't a bad place to play, but yes, definitely bring some bills to pay for the paint. It's going to cost you.

#10 jimbo69ny

jimbo69ny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:20 PM

Was there again last night with a few friends. People were talking about the post office, guess its shut down and its a storage facility now. There is a new place at the rochester armory, was the former jello factory paintball in LeRoy, NY. Links Here Havent been there myself but looks pretty cool.

Haha! That was me talking to the guy at the counter about the old post office. Were you the guy standing behind me talking with us about it?

I had a lot of fun. Its a good place but there were waaayyy too many people there. The wait in between games was really annoying. Its was also quite expensive. For a case of paint and admission for my girlfriend and I it was $84 after tax!

Edited by jimbo69ny, 24 August 2011 - 12:20 PM.

#11 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:58 AM

Haha there was a group of 5 of us so idk who exactly was talking about it. Theres a place near nyc that charges $90 per case and like $25 admission. I consider $84 for a whole night for two people not bad, could always be worse. And yes omg there was way too many people. Last time we went there was just enough renters to make a decent 5v5 or more, this time there was probably 25 people lined up for the "beginner" group, ridiculous lol.

#12 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 05:33 PM

I have recently begun going there and consider myself a "beginning regular" as I've gone about 5 times, but plan on going in the coming years. I love the place, it is pricy, but its got great people. Also, the techs are GREAT!!! Had to get both my guns fixed, took them 10 minutes, no charge :)
Check out my youtube channel!!!
Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#13 kiriyama9000

kiriyama9000

SEUM DWA!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

I will keep this in mind for the next time I visit my family in Rochester.
Posted Image

#14 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm from the area as well, I'll try and get out to the field once i get back from college for the winter break if anyone wants to meet up.

#15 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 12:43 PM

They will be doing a winter break event where starting the 23rd they will do 10 straight days of open play (excluding christmas day). I plan to go multiple times during this. Also they have a new youtube channel at www.youtube.com/nvppaint

Edited by jimbob23929, 16 December 2011 - 03:33 PM.

Current Marker Setup:
Proto Reflex Rail, Invert Halo TOO Loader with Exalt Speedfeed, Ninja Grey Ghost 68/4500 tank with Dye C7 Blue Rhino cover
Current Gear Setup: Orange Tiger i4 with Orange Tiger Headband and ContourROAM Camera, C12 Orange Tiger Jersey and Pants, PE 2012 Overload Padded Jersey
1/0/0
Posted Image

#16 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

I went yesterday with my brother, I'll most likely go during the winter break time also if you want to give me a heads up.

#17 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 08:48 PM

Got some videos of me playing at NVP during open play :) My link
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#18 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

When was this footage taken? Did you try to play with the advanced guys at all?

Edit: Opps didn't see the date on the video. I was actually there Friday night but I was playing advanced so I don't think you would have seen me. I was wearing an eclipse jersey with empire pants.

Edited by Jelly Sammich, 25 December 2011 - 05:03 AM.

#19 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 11:40 AM

i might've, what color was your stuff? i was wearing dye c12 orange tiger pants and jersey. I'll probly play with advanced next time, cuz I realized then how much better than the beginners I really am :P
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#20 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:04 PM

I think I remember seeing you, I had on a gold eclipse jersey, white and black empire pants, black and grey profilers. I played a few of the mixed advanced beginner games in the beginning until they separated us out.

Personally I feel like if you have a decent amount of experience and knowledge you should just play with the advanced, playing with the rentals won't help you get any better.

#21 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:17 PM

I think I remember seeing you, I had on a gold eclipse jersey, white and black empire pants, black and grey profilers. I played a few of the mixed advanced beginner games in the beginning until they separated us out.

Personally I feel like if you have a decent amount of experience and knowledge you should just play with the advanced, playing with the rentals won't help you get any better.

yea I might've seen you. And i realized I shouldn't be playing with beginners anymore when I get half the team out by myself. :P I'll be playing advanced next time (unless I go with friends).
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#22 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

Let me know the next time you head there

#23 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 02:39 PM

yea I will, might be sometime next weekend
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#24 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 December 2011 - 09:46 PM

I think I will be going Thursday for the 1-5 play session, but I'm going with a friend so I'll most likely be in the beginner games. Wouldn't want to leave her alone :P
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#25 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

We might go Sunday if anything, not sure if i would go tomorrow due to the possible lack of people.

#26 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:47 PM

We might go Sunday if anything, not sure if i would go tomorrow due to the possible lack of people.

Yea turns out I'm not going tomorrow, so maybe later in the weekend.
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#27 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:00 AM

Friday or Sunday would work out better for me.

#28 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 01:02 AM

Yea those would most likely be the days I go, depends on the weather too
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#29 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:39 AM

Just keep me updated

#30 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Going tonight with my brother.

#31 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 08:08 PM

I plan on going this weekend, possibly tomorrow, not sure when though. i am also doing the Jan 15 tournament.
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#32 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:27 PM

Ah, I didn't see this message till just now or else I would have gone tonight

#33 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:29 PM

Ah, I didn't see this message till just now or else I would have gone tonight

well as luck would have it, i now plan on going sunday :D
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#34 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:52 PM

That works better, I might be able to make that

#35 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:04 PM

I will be going today, so if you go just look for the kid in all tiger orange stuff
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#36 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:05 AM

There was way too many people today, surprising for a Sunday. I couldn't even get into the proshop to get something lol.

#37 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:12 AM

There was way too many people today, surprising for a Sunday. I couldn't even get into the proshop to get something lol.

yea i know i was surprised too. i figured thats why you left lol
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#38 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

I needed a few items to play that day (pods, goggle lens, etc) and he told me I would have to wait till the lines ended.

#39 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 20 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Going to NVP tonight if anyone wants to join

#40 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

Im selling my two guns right now to finance a new one (reflex rail). If anyone is interested they are in my sig. I can bring them to NVP and you can shoot them, check them out, and hopefully buy them all in person.
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#41 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 05:59 PM

Do you like the feel of the axe? I've used both and the axe is a much better shooter. Either way i'll spread the word that you are trying to unload those guns local.

#42 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 06:01 PM

Eh, i dont really like the ergos of the axe. I've shot it a little, but never actually played a game with it. I've just heard good things about the rail and i prefer spool valves. And i do appreciate you spreading the word :)
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#43 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

I actually know someone who had a reflex for sale, I can see if he still has it if you don't mind buying used. He is a regular at the field as well.

#44 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 08:03 PM

I actually know someone who had a reflex for sale, I can see if he still has it if you don't mind buying used. He is a regular at the field as well.

Well I don't mind buying used, but I would rather have a 2012 version, has a better trigger and asa so I wont have to upgrading. Although, if he's selling for a good price I would consider a 2011
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#45 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:54 AM

Be sure to keep Macdev products in mind as well then, they have a droid at the shop you can check out. I really like how the droid and drone dx shoot and there are going to be in the same price range as the reflex. Geo2 is also now in the $600 range so you will have lots to choose from as far as your next spoolie.

#46 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:32 PM

Yea I havent really thought about macdev, haven't heard really anything about them. I wouldn't want to get a geo because its a little pricier than i want plus its too much gun for me :P I wouldn't do it justice. Plus, I think the PGA Eagle reflex looks sick! Also, NVP doesn't take trades do they? I never really thought about that.
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#47 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 01:15 AM

Not sure, if you bought it there you could always ask what they could do to help you. Never hurts to try and they might know someone who you could possible sell to as well. 

#48 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:44 PM

Sold my stuff, now im going friday to get my gun :) Not sticking around to play, but im going sunday with a couple friends who wanna play (ones a german student who hasnt played before) Im gonna feel like a doughe though playin beginner games with them :/
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

#49 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

I might make it out this weekend if I have time, I want to try out the newly cleaned field.

#50 jimbob23929

jimbob23929

Orange Tiger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:43 PM

Yea me too
Current Marker Setup:
1/0/0
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users