• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HPA Anthrax

HPA Anthrax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:07 PM

Well sadly out of the box i had bolt stick replaced all lube in the reg, solenoid, on the bolt, and in the breach with hater sauce dry fired a 68/4500 through it i replaced the farthest back oring in the breach (saw on youtube that the original one might not seal properly) but that didn't work went down to target bought some baby oil while i was out i filled up my tank went half way through that fill dry firing it and still no luck anybody have anything else i could try ?
Posted Image

#2 *Anthony*

*Anthony*

It's all about the []_[]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

try adjusting your dwell and check your operating pressure

Edited by *Anthony*, 07 July 2011 - 09:43 PM.

#3 Striker

Striker

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

try adjusting your dwell and check your operating pressure

yep..

#4 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

make sure your tank doesn't have high output pressure, also try replacing the back cap's o-ring and lube the inside of the bolt not just the outside.
i also agree with Anthony

EDIT:check the 2 o-rings closest to the rear inside the gun make sure there not worn are dry rotated in any way

Edited by DcSalem, 07 July 2011 - 11:08 PM.

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#5 HPA Anthrax

HPA Anthrax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:33 AM

make sure your tank doesn't have high output pressure, also try replacing the back cap's o-ring and lube the inside of the bolt not just the outside.
i also agree with Anthony

EDIT:check the 2 o-rings closest to the rear inside the gun make sure there not worn are dry rotated in any way

how can i check my tanks output pressure Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

You can use an ASA with a gauge on it, but it doesn't matter. Your tank is most likely high pressure, and the G4 doesn't care either way. The majority of people with G4s use HP air anyway.

With the gun de-gassed, take off the back cap, and push the bolt forwards through the breech. Then, put the back cap on, and turn the reg all the way down. Air up the gun, and slowly turn up the reg until the bolt sucks back. Put dwell at 12ms to start, and if it shoots, lower it by one increment until it's inconsistent or won't shoot, then bring it back up one increment. If, at 12ms, it still doesn't work, increase the dwell by one increment at a time and see if anything happens.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 08 July 2011 - 12:38 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#7 98Pro

98Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:45 AM

I think he means is it is letting more than the normal HP output. But I would figure it would blow a disc...

#8 HPA Anthrax

HPA Anthrax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

You can use an ASA with a gauge on it, but it doesn't matter. Your tank is most likely high pressure, and the G4 doesn't care either way. The majority of people with G4s use HP air anyway.

With the gun de-gassed, take off the back cap, and push the bolt forwards through the breech. Then, put the back cap on, and turn the reg all the way down. Air up the gun, and slowly turn up the reg until the bolt sucks back. Put dwell at 12ms to start, and if it shoots, lower it by one increment until it's inconsistent or won't shoot, then bring it back up one increment. If, at 12ms, it still doesn't work, increase the dwell by one increment at a time and see if anything happens.

will try this tomorrow, Thanks Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:06 AM

I forgot to mention that once the bolt sucks back, you've got to give the reg another half turn or so. When the bolt sucks back, you know that at least there's air pressure getting to the gun, and it helps to combat the bolt stick. However, it's still not quite enough pressure to make the gun cycle, even with the right ammount of dwell, so don't forget to open up the reg a bit more past that point.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#10 HPA Anthrax

HPA Anthrax

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 01:09 AM

I forgot to mention that once the bolt sucks back, you've got to give the reg another half turn or so. When the bolt sucks back, you know that at least there's air pressure getting to the gun, and it helps to combat the bolt stick. However, it's still not quite enough pressure to make the gun cycle, even with the right ammount of dwell, so don't forget to open up the reg a bit more past that point.

yup, figured thanks again though
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users