• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:37 PM

Hey guys, over the weekend i purchased a new crossfire 68/45 from my local field. I had the tank filled before i left. The next day after a good clean and lube, i aired up the gun to dry

fire a few shots. Couple shots in, the tank went pshhhhhhhhh all over the place and i noticed it came from one of the burst disks. Upon further inspection it appears to be the low

pressure burst disk (not clearly labeled but theres inscriptions on the fittings). My questions are, Is that a normal once in a while occurance? Did i hurt it by dry firing? Should I call

crossfire or bring it back to the field? Any help is appreciated.

Edited by nu2this, 18 July 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#2 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

it happens from time to time with tanks, but it isnt common for a brand new tank to do that. it may have been a dud burst disk? Dry firing wouldnt hurt the tank, allthough it isnt the best for any marker from what ive heard. But i would bring the tank to the field and get the disk replaced and if it happens again after a short amount of time then id send the tank back in to crossfire.

Proudly sponsored by Zephyr Paintball!

Setup: Ego 7+ cure 3, 68/45 crossfire w/ ninja ultralite reg, Grillz(eventually angel eyes nvm..), Dye Rotor, empire contact (camo) pants, custom jersey, empire 7 pod and nxe 9 pod harnesses

#3 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:13 PM

and i would try to have the field replace the burst disk at their expense. It probably isnt their fault but itll save you a few bucks lol

Edited by pwnthe2g, 18 July 2011 - 06:13 PM.

Proudly sponsored by Zephyr Paintball!

Setup: Ego 7+ cure 3, 68/45 crossfire w/ ninja ultralite reg, Grillz(eventually angel eyes nvm..), Dye Rotor, empire contact (camo) pants, custom jersey, empire 7 pod and nxe 9 pod harnesses

#4 ninjapaintball

ninjapaintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,891 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hey guys, over the weekend i purchased a new crossfire 68/45 from my local field. I had the tank filled before i left. The next day after a good clean and lube, i aired up the gun to dry

fire a few shots. Couple shots in, the tank went pshhhhhhhhh all over the place and i noticed it came from one of the burst disks. Upon further inspection it appears to be the low

pressure burst disk (not clearly labeled but theres inscriptions on the fittings). My questions are, Is that a normal once in a while occurance? Did i hurt it by dry firing? Should I call

crossfire or bring it back to the field? Any help is appreciated.

when a burst disk goes it usually means that there is something wrong with the reg. although it could just be a burst disk you should rebuild the reg to be safe.

contact crossfire and i am sure they will help you out.
NINJA PAINTBALL - PROUDLY MADE IN THE USA
Ninja Paintball Factory Tech
If you have a question please post it in the NINJA/PSI GURU forum
DOT Certified Hydro Tester G777

#5 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Thanks guys, i guess i will bring it to the field and see what they say. Sucks its 45 mins away just for that but its necessary

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users