#1 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 11:05 AM

Rules for this topic.

1. Disrespect/stupidity/trolling will get you reported. This is a serious matter, please keep it civil.
2. Politics will get you reported, I don't want this thread closed, keep it out.

http://www.philly.co...?cmpid=15585797

Full story above.

OSLO, Norway - A Norwegian gunman disguised as a police officer beckoned his victims closer before shooting them one by one, claiming at least 84 lives, in a horrific killing spree on an idyllic island teeming with youths that has left this peaceful Nordic nation in mourning.The island tragedy Friday unfolded hours after a massive explosion ripped through a high-rise building housing the prime minister's office, killing seven people in a scene some likened to the aftermath of 9/11.

The same man , a blonde-blue eyed Norwegian with reported Christian fundamentalist, anti-Muslim views , is suspected in both attacks. He has been preliminarily charged with acts of terrorism.

On the island of Utoya, panicked teens attending a Labour Party youth wing summer camp plunged into the water or played dead to avoid the assailant in the assault that may have lasted 30 minutes before a SWAT team arrived, police said.

Edited by drexler, 23 July 2011 - 11:05 AM.

#2 Vaellis

Vaellis

Just call your boy and we'll get luxed together

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Wow....I'm completely stunned....my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their familys
I love when people can't pronounce my user name. ninja 50/45
Posted Image

#3 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

I hear the death count is up to 91.

Sad story.

sigwf.png

#4 canadarulez

canadarulez

uberfantastical member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 12:51 PM

my thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their familys

same for me

#5 karolinen

karolinen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

i was stund to hear it been on tv fore the last 24h, my sorrow and condolens to the brothers and sister in norway. skandinavia we unite aganis ALL terrorism

#6 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

damn..........not much one can say about that

horrific story

#7 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:40 PM

I am surprised they took this guy alive.

Some pretty graphic pictures on CNN of corpses lining the island banks. :(

Here is a picture of Utoya taken yesterday I believe.

Posted Image
National Rifle Association
Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
~ Thomas Jefferson

#8 Gtracer

Gtracer

I hate video games.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,944 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

I'm curious as to what kind of gun he had, and how the fuck he managed to carry enough ammo to kill almost a hundred people.
Cat Owners club|Dog Owners Club| Christan Ballers Club|Ballers Without Girlfriends club| Lost+Lonely Baller|Indiana Ballers Club|Was Grazi #53

Posted Image

Sponsored by Pinokio Hoppers|Paintball Asylum|Empire Paintball

#9 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:45 PM

I'm curious as to what kind of gun he had, and how the fuck he managed to carry enough ammo to kill almost a hundred people.

A single person can carry 1000 rounds of any small caliber pistol or rifle caliber with no real problems.

Anyways...

Depending on how strongly this guy believed in his radical Christian views that might explain at least one reason they took him alive. Most of these types of shooters commit suicide when their capture is imminent. Maybe he refused to do so. Who knows.
Posted Image

~ Thomas Jefferson

#10 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

Nein, you tiny demons! NEIN!!

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:18 PM

Depending on how strongly this guy believed in his radical Christian views that might explain at least one reason they took him alive. Most of these types of shooters commit suicide when their capture is imminent. Maybe he refused to do so. Who knows.

I just want to know what good can come from allowing this man to live.

Posted Image

Grammar Nazi Fuhrer : LL3 Soulja : Eleven Percenter

#11 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

This is a terrible story. At first everyone thought it was a Muslim extremist with ties to Al Qaeda but now it's a Christian? It's amazing how the media can jump to conclusions and make outlandish statements with no proof and not get raked over the coals when the real facts come out. I've read about it over and over and there seems to be no real political message behind the attacks. It all seems kind of strange and it's extremely sad. My heart goes out to all the families in Norway affected by the attacks.

#12 Username

Username

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

I'm just wondering if they will get anything useful from their questioning.

I talked to one guy who lives in Norway who said the maximum time incarcerated there is 26 years, but that time can be increased in increments of 21 years until the person is deemed fit for society. I'm thinking he will be locked up for the rest of his life. :dodgy:
Posted Image

~ Thomas Jefferson

#13 aveenvp

aveenvp

The friendly Aristocrat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 07:26 PM

I talked to one guy who lives in Norway who said the maximum time incarcerated there is 26 years, but that time can be increased in increments of 21 years until the person is deemed fit for society. I'm thinking he will be locked up for the rest of his life. :dodgy:

I really hope so. Death is too merciful of a punishment for a man like this.
Does anyone play in Maryland? Shoot me a PM and add me as a friend.

I don't have petpeeves, I just have random psychotic fucking rages.

MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#14 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:03 AM

This is a terrible story. At first everyone thought it was a Muslim extremist with ties to Al Qaeda but now it's a Christian? It's amazing how the media can jump to conclusions and make outlandish statements with no proof and not get raked over the coals when the real facts come out. I've read about it over and over and there seems to be no real political message behind the attacks. It all seems kind of strange and it's extremely sad. My heart goes out to all the families in Norway affected by the attacks.

I'm just dreading the inevitable double-standard, where people who routinely claimed that all Muslims have terrorist sympathies will be all too eager to point out that this guy was a deranged individual working alone.

Well, according to the rumor mill, this guy is claiming that CoD:MW2 was a "vital training tool," and that he was an avid WoW player.

Wonderful. Now we get to endure another "violence in video games" witch hunt. <_<

Posted Image

#15 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

I'm just dreading the inevitable double-standard, where people who routinely claimed that all Muslims have terrorist sympathies will be all too eager to point out that this guy was a deranged individual working alone.

Well, according to the rumor mill, this guy is claiming that CoD:MW2 was a "vital training tool," and that he was an avid WoW player.

Wonderful. Now we get to endure another "violence in video games" witch hunt. Posted Image

What???? Also............... fuck

Edited by Vaellis, 24 July 2011 - 10:41 AM.

Posted Image

#16 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Wonderful. Now we get to endure another "violence in video games" witch hunt. <_<

He used WoW as an excuse to get away from his family and friends. He figured that by telling them he played such an addicting game, they would assume this was why he was never around. When, in reality, he was out of the country at some gun ranges, practicing.

Edit: I couldn't find the article, because the info came from something Anders Breivik wrote. Here's the stuff you guys will probably be interested in:

February 2010

I just bought Modern Warfare 2, the game. It is probably the best military simulator out there and it's one of the hottest games this year. I played MW1 as well but I didn't really like it as I'm generally more the fantasy RPG kind of person - Dragon Age Origins etc .and not so much into first person shooters. I see MW2 more as a part of my training-simulation than anything else. I've still learned to love it though and especially the multiplayer part is amazing. You can more or less completely simulate actual operations.

Marksmanship training

Target practise is likely going to be a problem for many people in certain countries (urban Europeans like us, ouch. Consider taking a vacation to a country where you are able to train in marksmanship or join a gun club. Simulation by playing Call of Duty, Modern Warfare is a good alternative as well but you should try to get some practise with a real assault rifle (with red point optic) if possible. There are select 2nd or 3rd world countries that offer arrangements where you can practise with an assault rifle. Try avoiding Muslim and African countries (unless you are travelling in a group) as they are very racist/discriminating towards Europeans. There are security courses which is arranged by various security companies around the world as well. Lots of opportunities for those of us with creativity and enough cash

Training Facilities

Traditional military training facilities focused on physical conditioning and skills training. Newer facilities make extensive use of computer simulations of various kinds to provide more hours or training in more realistic situations at lower cost and with lower risk to personnel.

Temporary arrangements can be made with the local gun club, the local gym and an internet cafe which facilitates multiplayer Modern Warfare 2 simulation.

Avoiding suspicion from relatives, neighbours and friends

Present a "credible project/alibi" to your friends, co-workers and family. Announce to your closest friends, co-workers and family that you are pursuing a "project" that can at least partly justify your "new pattern of activities" (isolation/travel) while in the planning phase.

F example, tell them that you have started to play World of Warcraft or any other online MMO game and that you wish to focus on this for the next months/year. This "new project" can justify isolation and people will understand somewhat why you are not answering your phone over long periods. Tell them that you are completely hooked on the game.

Blaming WoW is also quite strategic due to another factor. It is usually considered "tabu" or even shameful in our society today to be hooked on an MMO. By revealing "this secret" to your close ones you are therefore (to them at least) entrusting them with your innermost secret.

Edited by schulzy, 24 July 2011 - 12:08 PM.

sigwf.png

#17 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:52 PM

What the hell? What is that? ^
Posted Image

#18 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

Max sentence in Norway is actually 21 years, and then it can be extended by 5 years until fit for society. He likely wont ever get out, but in Norway, there are single person cells, and a TV and internet in each room. You should look up the pictures from Norwegian jails. It is like a small hotel room that you cant leave if you want. They even pay you to be in jail, without the need to work.

That said, he was taken alive for questioning, and honestly, if someone is willing to give themselves up without a fight, regardless of the circumstances, I feel that they should take the person alive. He could still provide valuable information, especially since the police here think he was not alone.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#19 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

That was written by the person who killed all those people.

sigwf.png

#20 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:08 PM

That was written by the person who killed all those people.

Wow, was it on a blog of some sort? Or was that given during questioning?
Posted Image

#21 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

He wrote some sort of book or something covering his ideals and all that. It was 1500 pages long.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#22 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:13 PM

He wrote some sort of book or something covering his ideals and all that. It was 1500 pages long.

Wow, that guy was nuts.....I hope they find out why...then death penalty? Do you guys have that in norway?
Posted Image

#23 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

No, 21 years is the worst sentence that you can get. Norway wont even extradite criminals if they think they will be executed, or be subject to poor prison conditions. Pisses the US off here and there. And he did it to make a point, and he hoped to start a revolution.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#24 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

No, 21 years is the worst sentence that you can get. Norway wont even extradite criminals if they think they will be executed, or be subject to poor prison conditions. Pisses the US off here and there. And he did it to make a point, and he hoped to start a revolution.

Sigh.....
Posted Image

#25 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:55 PM

Extreme or not, people should keep religion and politics for themselves. Its that simple, but sadly this guy did it in the worst possible way.

In essence, he just wanted the attention for his manifesto and viewpoints. He claims he did try to get his viewpoints "by the pen" by writing reports and thoughts in the newspaper, aswell making threads on internet forums. But his writings got either moderated or dismissed.

In his words, this was the last way to get the attention needed for his viewpoints and his 1500 page manifesto.

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#26 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 03:58 PM

The worst part is that he wants an open court tomorrow. He is going to use his court case, and the surrounding media coverage, as a platform for his ideals. It wont even be a trial for him. I dont think reality has set in. He sees this as the best possible outcome, because he got to do his massacre, and now he will get a podium on the world stage to say his piece.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#27 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Only 21 years max? And in that nice of a jail cell? Complete BS. He would've been shot to death on site in the US.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#28 kanonjon

kanonjon

Oldschool is the proper school

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

The worst part is that he wants an open court tomorrow. He is going to use his court case, and the surrounding media coverage, as a platform for his ideals. It wont even be a trial for him. I dont think reality has set in. He sees this as the best possible outcome, because he got to do his massacre, and now he will get a podium on the world stage to say his piece.

Exactly, I hope the judge will decide its a closed court. But again, a part of me thinks it should be open court, Im curious what he will say and how he (from his standpoint) justify this.

Posted Image
DC2 Nexus - Pro series - Karnivor - Black Magic - Evo - Quest Sniper
Jack Wood on the DC2 : "I would love to have a DC2, in mint condition. I think it's one of the best looking guns I've ever done."
My YouTube channel

#29 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 09:18 PM

This bitch is crazyyyyyyyyy.

#30 The Count

The Count

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 24 July 2011 - 11:58 PM

Was it about hans kamp?

#31 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:10 AM

Exactly, I hope the judge will decide its a closed court. But again, a part of me thinks it should be open court, Im curious what he will say and how he (from his standpoint) justify this.

I am not sure how I feel about it, to be completely honest. On one hand, everyone wants to know what his reasoning will be. But I think that most people can already guess. He doesnt like the left, and specifically not foreigners. He will likely say something about how he did it to show the world what is coming, call for more people to do the same, and then try to overthrow the current government, or expel the foreigners we have. Because that seems to be his main thing. Sure, he doesnt like muslims, but his overall problem seems to be foreigners.

But at the same time, he wants his chance to talk to the world, and say what he wants. He already got his massacre, and I am not sure that he should be given his soap box. No need to fulfill his dreams. And honestly, I think that if he gets his message out, combined with how everyone now knows how horribly slow the police are to do anything, it is just asking for more problems, and not just from his side.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#32 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:19 AM

So, let me get this straight: he's not getting death penalty, his jail cell is comparable to a hotel room, AND het gets to broadcast his radicalism on a public stage?

There's something really fucked up about this whole picture. I really hope he's not a radical "Christian," because he'll only bring more hate to the Christian community.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#33 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 01:26 AM

Yes, he is a Christian. I dont see that really playing into this though. People love to point it out, but really, I am not sure that this has fueled him. However, he either had a screen name, or mentioned, or something like that, the Knights Templar or some shit, so he might try to play the "holy crusade" angle. However, I still would say that is a cover. It makes it more controversial, which means more intriguing, which means a higher chance of getting mass coverage and fame. Same goes for his bringing light to video games. It is like people that make comics, videos, songs, etc with no other reason than to try to make a meme. They dont actually mean what they say (magnets, anyone?) but know it will make meme material. Same here if you ask me.

I would say that 99% of his reasons and motives are based on his multicultural views.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#34 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:22 PM

Yes, he is a Christian. I dont see that really playing into this though. People love to point it out, but really, I am not sure that this has fueled him. However, he either had a screen name, or mentioned, or something like that, the Knights Templar or some shit, so he might try to play the "holy crusade" angle. However, I still would say that is a cover. It makes it more controversial, which means more intriguing, which means a higher chance of getting mass coverage and fame.

This is the sort of double standard that I mentioned earlier; where this nutjob's religion will get downplayed because he's a Christian. If he were a Muslim, people would be up in arms talking about how Islam breeds terrorists, and completely ignore the fact that hiding behind religion is one of the easiest ways to push a political or personal agenda.

I'm not saying that's what you're doing, Latsabb...just that I'm sure the talking heads are already going, "A true Christian would never do anything like this," without any such reverence for other faiths. Imagine that. <_<

Posted Image

#35 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:16 AM

Well, the guy claims that there are other cells, possibly two others. The police have all but dismissed that, which i think is dangerously arrogant. They dont think he has any credibility, even though it is known that the guy is a Freemason, as well as part of some fanatic group named the Knights Templar 2083. But this is business as usual from a group of police that have claimed several times that they know that there are several people planning terror from Norway, but they have them "under control". The government is also hailing the police group as doing a "fantastic job" with the handling of things, which angers me to no end, considering that in most other civilized countries, a 10-20 minute response time to such an event would have caused mass public outcry.

Edited by Latsabb, 26 July 2011 - 06:24 AM.

Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#36 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:20 PM

In other news, no one in America who watches Fox news knows about this, due to young rich celebrities over dosing.

Video games take another hit due to poor judgment... I'm really sad to see this happen but people need to stop being so blind to the world's real problems.

#37 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

In other news, no one in America who watches Fox news knows about this, due to young rich celebrities over dosing.

Video games take another hit due to poor judgment... I'm really sad to see this happen but people need to stop being so blind to the world's real problems.

What are you talking about? Fox is continuously running a blub on the text ticker about it and it's all over the front page of their website. Just because they're not covering it 24/7 doesn't mean there isn't any coverage of it.

#38 St Six

St Six

You boys like Mex-i-co?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

A single person can carry 1000 rounds of any small caliber pistol or rifle caliber with no real problems.

Anyways...

It's ironic that he being so "radically Christian" that he decides to massacre innocents...

Anyways, I'm glad someone posted this because I was wondering what had happened.

#39 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:22 PM

It's ironic that he being so "radically Christian" that he decides to massacre innocents...

Most "radical" religious people tend toward violence regardless of their chosen faith.

Posted Image

#40 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:02 PM

Most "radical" religious people tend toward violence regardless of their chosen faith.

^
Posted Image

#41 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

What are you talking about? Fox is continuously running a blub on the text ticker about it and it's all over the front page of their website. Just because they're not covering it 24/7 doesn't mean there isn't any coverage of it.

Let me rephrase, so many people here that are watching the news have no idea about this. Just out of curiosity I asked around and 5 out of the 8 people I asked didn't even have a relative idea of what I was talking about, but all of them knew about Amy.

#42 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:23 AM

Let me rephrase, so many people here that are watching the news have no idea about this. Just out of curiosity I asked around and 5 out of the 8 people I asked didn't even have a relative idea of what I was talking about, but all of them knew about Amy.

Yeah, I was talking to a couple of friends about it yesterday, none of them knew what I was talking about.

Now, just imagine if this was a Muslim extremist attack. Everybody would know about it, and they'd all be up in arms about it.

Edit: This'll stir up some conversation.

Edited by schulzy, 28 July 2011 - 11:07 AM.

sigwf.png

#43 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:20 AM

Yeah, I was talking to a couple of friends about it yesterday, none of them knew what I was talking about.

Now, just imagine if this was a Muslim extremist attack. Everybody would know about it, and they'd all be up in arms about it.

Edit: This'll stir up some conversation.

Here, good discussion on that.

http://forums.majorl...sons-in-norway/

#44 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:35 AM

Here, good discussion on that.

http://forums.majorl...sons-in-norway/

One of those comments pretty much read my mind.

"You cant expect people to go into an American prison where they can be ******, beaten, exposed to gangs, racial division, and more drug use, and expect them to become rehabilitated."

It appears Norway realized this when they built this prison. +1 to Norway.

sigwf.png

#45 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

And guess how much the luxurious prisons help out? Zero. The kind of criminals that we need to worry about are beyond rehabilitation is 99% of the cases. And no one fears going to prison here. Oh well, paid vacation to a hotel I cant leave. Big deal. I know many people that have served jail time. None claimed it to be in the least bit unpleasant, other than not being able to leave. That is not exactly what you want criminals thinking. Norway has hundreds, or likely thousands, of inmates that break the law just to go to jail. Especially Eastern Europeans. Free room and board which is above the standards of their own country, and they get paid for it. If you spend 5 years in a Norwegian prison, you can move back to your Eastern Bloc country with a nice amount of cash.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#46 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:00 PM

And guess how much the luxurious prisons help out? Zero. The kind of criminals that we need to worry about are beyond rehabilitation is 99% of the cases. And no one fears going to prison here. Oh well, paid vacation to a hotel I cant leave. Big deal. I know many people that have served jail time. None claimed it to be in the least bit unpleasant, other than not being able to leave. That is not exactly what you want criminals thinking. Norway has hundreds, or likely thousands, of inmates that break the law just to go to jail. Especially Eastern Europeans. Free room and board which is above the standards of their own country, and they get paid for it. If you spend 5 years in a Norwegian prison, you can move back to your Eastern Bloc country with a nice amount of cash.

Are all Norwegian prisons like Halden?

sigwf.png

#47 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Are all Norwegian prisons like Halden?

No, they are not. Halden's system is not typical. But the prison system here is still VERY lax. As far as I am aware, there is not a single prison in the country that doesnt have single occupant cells with a TV and decent interior standards.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#48 PrometheanFlame

PrometheanFlame

• Members
  • 9,357 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:40 PM

I say we send in Seal Team 6 to erase this son of a bitch.

Posted Image

#49 St Six

St Six

You boys like Mex-i-co?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

You cannot deny the irony!

#50 Vaellis

Vaellis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:32 PM

I say we send in Seal Team 6 to erase this son of a bitch.

But seal team 6 doesn't exist according to the government

ps I agree :tup:
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users