42 replies to this topic

#1 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

If you have a passion for flying radio controlled model planes or helicopters, or if you have a passion for driving radio controlled cars, trucks, or boats, then you belong in this club my friend! This is where fellow R/C fliers and drivers can talk about this awesome hobby and share interests! Organize live meetings, talk about build projects, post statistics on your models...etc. Be sure to spread the word about this club so more people can join!

Model flying and driving has been around for decades, and one of the largest groups dedicated to it was founded in 1936. This group would later become an international icon for all radio controlled model enthusiasts. Today, worldwide, people know this group as The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA).

If you aren't participating in this awesome hobby but are interested and want to learn more, just talk to one of our members or contact your local hobby shop for more information!

Feel free to post pictures of what R/C model you have! (I do not own any of the items below)

Happy Flying and Driving!

President
killjoy62996

Vice President
CrazyLittle

Members
bigshow4u
InfaMOUSE
Colorblind_Mid
Predator or Prey
Chooie
andrewthewookie
Spyder PB Player
CrazyLittle
konner09
nickp

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by killjoy62996, 04 February 2012 - 03:06 PM.

#2 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

I have a Short temper so DONT F&$% WITH ME!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

FIRST!!!! LOL

These are my toys.

My LST that is set up for racing. It has a Picco .26 Outlaw, FOC, Alum Diff cases, Titanium gears, Spektrum Pro with my M8. My new plane that i am building is a S2 Super Sport Trainer. It will run a .75 Motor. I used to have A LOT more but sold almost everything. But i have been in the RC Car hobbie for over 10 years so if there is any need for help don't hesitate to ask.
Posted Image

Posted Image
My Sporwerkks Mayhem Pro.

Posted Image

Posted Image

And 1 of my cannons
Posted Image

Edited by bigshow4u, 26 July 2011 - 11:48 AM.

#3 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'll join. I used to be big in RC racing.

This is my E-CRT.5.

Mamba Max, LiPo, and dialed in perfectly. This little fucker is quick.

Posted Image

And here's a scalpel I had for a carpet track that never opened up... :(

Posted Image

Edited by InfaMOUSE, 26 July 2011 - 08:54 PM.

By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#4 Colorblind_Mid

Colorblind_Mid

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:40 PM

Add me! I have a blade cx2 and a micro P-51D mustang.
PG RISE

Indiana Member #12

Proving Grounds

#5 Predator or Prey

Predator or Prey

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

Aww, this thread just made me sad... My house got broke into a few months ago and my align trex 450se was stolen along with many other items...:(
Jump! Quick, like a lil bunny - Fear and Loathing in LasVegas

FEEDBACK-- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=138217

#6 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

Be sure to spread the word about this club! :)

#7 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

Well, I'm getting majorly hooked in the the RC Planes now. Just ordered 2 more. I have a small Park Flyer Bi-plane called the Micro G-T1, and a 3D Hawk Foamy. I just finished my 92" S2 Super Trainer and i am excited to get my maiden flight in. Then again I have my Bi-plane arriving tomorrow so i know im gonna fly that first.

For those who want to get into RC planes at LOW LOW cost, got to Hobbyking or NitroPlanes. HK has the best selection but do have planes that suck so just find one you like and read the comments. Doing a little research will save you many headaches. But from what i have seen you can get EVERYTHING YOU NEED for under...........$100.00!!!!!!!! Most of the stuff is PNF so all you have to do is buy a couple of Batt's and drop in your RX. I do suggest using the Corona RP4S1 RX, Very small and light. in fact, it is the lightest and smallest Synthesized RX out there to date and is only $15.99 @ HK. I have one and LOVE IT!

Also, there is a channel on youtube called flitetest. They are very informative and entertaining, kinda slap stick at times but they are fairly new so there is only about 105 videos or so but very interesting.

My LST and M8 Radio are still up at RC Universe for sale.

#8 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:46 PM

Any comments on this? http://www.xheli.com/2grbev2rtf.html

#9 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:59 PM

It is a good Heli, but would this be your first heli? If so I will guarantee that you will crash it. This is not meant to be an insult but as a warning. 3D heli's take A LOT of training to control them properly. If you want a good beginner heli, look at the Fixed Pitch or Coaxial type helis. These are good to get used to how they move and what the controls do.

Hope this helps.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

It is a good Heli, but would this be your first heli? If so I will guarantee that you will crash it. This is not meant to be an insult but as a warning. 3D heli's take A LOT of training to control them properly. If you want a good beginner heli, look at the Fixed Pitch or Coaxial type helis. These are good to get used to how they move and what the controls do.

Hope this helps.

I agree. My first heli was an E-Flite Blade CX2 (coaxial), which was a lot of fun. The day after I got that, I tried my friend's, which was full 3D, and I crashed it within the first 10 seconds.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 25 August 2011 - 09:14 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#11 Spyder PB Player

Spyder PB Player

Minecraft Lava Fighter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:11 PM

I've got a Traxxus Slash, I haven't played with it for awhile though.

I got a new radio, that doesn't have the huge antennae- Sorry forgot my rc terminology.

Got some rpm a-arms and a new set of metal shocks- Dont know company name but better than the cheap plastic ones
Posted Image

#12 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 09:19 PM

Had a coax before, but will a basic understanding of full size helicopter flight help at all? I've been involved with rc since the early 90s, but its almost all been on the ground or in the combat arena.

#13 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

That's 65% more bullet, per bullet.

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 11:55 PM

Had a coax before, but will a basic understanding of full size helicopter flight help at all? I've been involved with rc since the early 90s, but its almost all been on the ground or in the combat arena.

Not so much. Coax helis self-level themselves at neutral control whereas 3D helis do not. Here's the heli I'm working with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb_eG-oSmc0

Yes, I've already crashed it. Bent the main shaft and stabilizer bars in the process but other than that it seems fine. If you're getting a ready-to-fly 3D heli I suggest that you take it very slow learning to take off. If you don't have the remote trimmed properly then the heli can have yaw/pitch drift (it'll tilt over sideways) and immediately crash. Get the training gear package. You'll want the wider base arms.

This link is really handy, as well as all the other pages on there: http://www.mycoolhel...liTraining.html

• Don't fly around people.
  • Get the toolkit. There are a couple of tools in there that you'll need, and the metric hex drivers in there are high quality.
  • If you get a ready-to-fly heli from xheli.com that's also sold as a kit, be sure to go through the whole thing and check all the screws for loctite. Make sure that everything's snugged down and threadlocked with blue loctite. Even though a screw was too snug for me to unscrew the first time around, one of them vibrated itself loose and fell out mid-flight.
  • If you get a almost-ready-to-fly kit or similar, get two of them so you'll have spare parts on hand. It's a hell of a lot cheaper that way too.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#14 konner09

konner09

Another Clinically insane Canadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

i don't have pictures but i have a Blade CX 2

We are waiting behind every bunker, hiding around every corner, waiting for you to make a wrong move.

from MCB

WGP NIGHTKAST for sale

#15 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

So having a full understanding of the physics behind helicopter flight won't help me fly a cp helicopter... ok then. Id rather spend the money on a 2.4 ghz set and build another battlebot anyway. :P

Edited by Chooie, 26 August 2011 - 05:26 AM.

#16 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:17 PM

So having a full understanding of the physics behind helicopter flight won't help me fly a cp helicopter... ok then. Id rather spend the money on a 2.4 ghz set and build another battlebot anyway. :P

It will help in some ways in that you know what would happen if you made a certain movement on the radio and how the heli would react and behave, But what you really need is the hand eye coordination. That is the main thing with any RC that i am sure your aware of. If you really want to move to heli's, i would suggest a flight sim like "Great Planes G 4.5 or G 5.. Yea it is pricey (hell, any hobby is now a days) but imagine what the parts cost would be just jumping into 3D heli's. It is well worth the $$$ to train on it, and when your done you can sell it and get about 70%+ back from your investment.

#17 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:30 PM

Well consider that with a real helicopter that carries people, you never invert the blade pitch and flip the helicopter upside down...

... because that would be insane.

Feedback | Everything you need to know about Loctite | I have too many guns to list. Click here to see them.
Posted Image
PrometheanFlame - If I had to pick one of us to survive the rapture/nuclear apocalypse, I'd choose you.

#18 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:37 PM

But you do have control over pitch; its not fixed. I wouldn't fly it in idle up/3d mode anyway, not for a long time.

#19 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, you have control over pretty much everything on these.

Posted Image

#20 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:33 PM

I have a Team Associated T4 (team kit), Team Losi xxxBK2, Traxxas Rustler, Ofna ultra, and a Team Associated SC10(team kit). Haven't used them in a long time though. Use to race every other weekend on a indoor clay track.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#21 InfaMOUSE

InfaMOUSE

It's all gravy, Baby...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

+1 on that BK2. Smoothest Buggy Transmission Evah. When I built my second one up I nicknamed it "Project Buttuh."
By reading the above post ("Post") the reader ("Reader") hereby acknowledges and agrees that the post may contain errors, omissions, sarcasm, and humor (both attempted and actual) or other content that might upset a Reader. If Reader has a problem with this then Reader shouldn't read the Post or take it seriously. If the Reader fails to refrain from reading or taking the post seriously as mentioned above, then it's the Reader's own fault and I don't want to hear about it.

#22 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:37 AM

+1 on that BK2. Smoothest Buggy Transmission Evah. When I built my second one up I nicknamed it "Project Buttuh."

Hell yea they smooth! Never seen a better tranny since. You can get the T4/B4 FT trannys feel that good but there was just something about the BK2 that just felt better! Losi 22 feels good to.

Edited by bigshow4u, 29 August 2011 - 07:38 AM.

#23 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:04 PM

The BK2 drives tighter than a B4 as well. For me no matter how I had a B4 tuned it would always drive too loose.
Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#24 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:47 PM

The BK2 drives tighter than a B4 as well. For me no matter how I had a B4 tuned it would always drive too loose.

i always put the batt the the rear most position and add weight in the back till i met ROAR spec's. I used pro line hole shot tires most of the time and Panther Slicks the other 10% of the time. We had an indoor track in Indianapolis that ran Nitro and Electric and if the track was freshly rebuilt, we could run slicks on it since it was a clay track. But when that clay dried you had to run the smallest pin tire you can find.

We had the 06' Modified Off Road Nationals there, where Ryan Cavalieri whooped some ass! It sure was a great track but like a lot of them around here, they closed. :(

#25 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:41 PM

Great to see more members! :) Sorry I've been out for a while because I've moved to a different house and have been really busy. Plus, our new house doesn't have internet yet! :( So this is one of the few times I have been able to get on.

MFAD Club updated ;)

#26 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 01:39 AM

Woot - took a big crash with my heli today. Bent the head again, stabilizer bar, broke both blades.

Posted Image

#27 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

Oh hay look at my new project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 02:41 PM

Oh hay look at my new project.

Posted Image

Thats awesome dude! I want to build one too but have no clue were to start. I have seen a bunch of these type of aircraft at the Weak Signals Model EXPO in Toledo this year. Are you going to have a FPV system on it?

#29 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:06 PM

Thats awesome dude! I want to build one too but have no clue were to start. I have seen a bunch of these type of aircraft at the Weak Signals Model EXPO in Toledo this year. Are you going to have a FPV system on it?

Eventually yeah, but I need to make sure I won't crash it first. ;)

They're actually a lot simpler than the CCPM helis because the fight controller board handles all the gyros and mixing. If you wanted to get started, the biggest problem is that everyone just kinda rolls their own. Even though I'm using a frame that's cut by a hobby vendor, all the parts selection and stuff still fell on me to pick them from other vendors. The cheapest way is to buy all the stuff from hobbyking (controller board too) and you should be able to pull one together for under $200. The trend I'm seeing from other recommendations is that you want lower RPM/V and high torque so that you can swing large slow-fly props with lower vibration.

Hobbyking's got a cheap flight controller and cheap frame in-stock. If you're willing to wait, you can get a more flexible/upgraded version from a dude in Singapore. If you want a little bit of training-wheels in your board, the FY-90Q is an all-in-one flight controller with auto-leveling, but it costs more than the super-cheap KK board.

Posted Image

#30 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:22 PM

I LOVE Hobbyking! I bought a 3D foamie (3D Hawk) and i love it. I Really want some of the warbird planes they have. Can't beat the prices especially on LiPo's. Have you heard of Nitroplanes.com and hobbypartz.com? They have great prices too. I watch Flitetest on youtube and they discussed these type of copters. They had a tri copter though but it's essentially the same thing just i less motor. You might want to check them out too if you have not heard of them. They have a few episode's about FPV systems and their shows are also sponsored by HobbyKing.

#31 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:44 PM

Yeah. The problem with Hobbyking is that their shipping prices can be ridiculous since they're shipping from China. I got my EXI 450-clone from xheli, which is the same group as hobbypartz and nitroplanes. IMHO if you're using 4mm banana plugs on your lipo packs, then you should order skylipos from hobbypartz because they typically come pre-wired with those, and shipping's free over $50.

... Speaking of which I got a Turnigy 9x radio from Hobbyking's US warehouse and it came in the mail this morning. I also have some batteries on their way from Hobbypartz.

Oh, and for everyone else: if you want something stupid easy to build and fly, Hobbyking's got their floater-jet glider in stock at the US warehouse. For around $100 you could have a complete plane, radio, servos and battery. Just the kit on its own only cost me $61 shipped, and you just need a lipo, radio, and 4 servos.

Posted Image

#32 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:51 PM

Yeah. The problem with Hobbyking is that their shipping prices can be ridiculous since they're shipping from China. I got my EXI 450-clone from xheli, which is the same group as hobbypartz and nitroplanes. IMHO if you're using 4mm banana plugs on your lipo packs, then you should order skylipos from hobbypartz because they typically come pre-wired with those, and shipping's free over $50.

... Speaking of which I got a Turnigy 9x radio from Hobbyking's US warehouse and it came in the mail this morning. I also have some batteries on their way from Hobbypartz.

Yea it can be $$$ but since they now have a USA warehouse, shipping cost is really good. Good thing shipping is kinda fast coming from china. I think it only took 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to get my stuff and from other orders i have place in that region it was quick. I use deans plugs when i need to so i always solder my own on there.

#33 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

About tri-copters: They're actually pretty different from a quad-copter. Quads rotate (yaw) by using the torque-roll inherent in two of its propellers. It just spins one pair faster than the other pair. Tricopters use an articulated tail motor to tilt-steer instead.

I went with 4mm banana plugs because I don't particularly care for tearing up my fingertips unplugging the deans connectors. Also since the 4mm plugs are a male/female socket pair, you can use the same plug parts to do the ESC or the battery. No male plug/female housings to keep track of.

Posted Image

#34 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

About tri-copters: They're actually pretty different from a quad-copter. Quads rotate (yaw) by using the torque-roll inherent in two of its propellers. It just spins one pair faster than the other pair. Tricopters use an articulated tail motor to tilt-steer instead.

I went with 4mm banana plugs because I don't particularly care for tearing up my fingertips unplugging the deans connectors. Also since the 4mm plugs are a male/female socket pair, you can use the same plug parts to do the ESC or the battery. No male plug/female housings to keep track of.

Yea, thats why you run 2 CW and 2 CCW props so they counteract the rotational force of each other. They do the same to some twin engine plane's so they don't have torque roll (i believe thats what its called). RotorX had a octocopter @ the Weak Signals EXPO and it was bad as hell but so was the price! LOL

#35 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:49 PM

I want to build one too but have no clue were to start.

Here's a rough draft of what you would need to do a basic quad copter from Hobbyking on-the-cheap:

Quantity Stock Product description Price Weight
1 OK Quadcopter - HobbyKing Quadcopter Frame V1 $14.99 356
1 OK QUAD-CON - HobbyKing Quadcopter Control Board $23.99 99
4 OK TR_P25A - TURNIGY Plush 25amp Speed Controller $45.92 188
4 OK AX-2213N - 2213N 800Kv Brushless Motor $34.88 292
1 OK OR019-00501-3 - Prop Saver w/ Band 3mm (10pcs) $2.71 29
1 OK HCB-10 - 10X6 Propellers (Standard and Counter Ro.. $2.93 91
2 OK AM1001A - PolyMax 3.5mm Gold Connectors 10 PAIRS (.. $3.00 60
1 OK 606A-606B - Nylon T-Connectors 10 Pairs (20pc) $2.82 59
Total: $131.24 1357g

If you want the flight controller that has auto-levelling, switch out the hobbyking board for a FY-90Q instead. FeiYu Tech FY90Q Quad Controller - Pro Version $128.99

Posted Image

#36 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:45 AM

Posted Image

#37 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:30 PM

I finally gave in and bought a multiwii board with accelerometer, magentometer and barometer, so this thing will be able to fully stabilize itself in flight.

Posted Image

#38 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Finally did the maiden flight of my Ultimate Trainer by S2 Models. The model is from 1989 so it is old and I have found NOTHING about this plane on the internet. It is powered by a SK .80 Motor. Here is an onboard video of the 2nd flight. I had the camera on the maiden flight but the batteries died so I didn't get any video from that flight. All i have to say about this plane is that is that it fly's so beautifully that it will fly itself in HUGE circles and landing is a breeze. It really just glides in so smoothly and I just cant say enough about this plane

I also did a Maiden flight of my FT Speed Wing (see Flitetest link for plans) last weekend too. It is built out of Elmers Foam Board so cost to build is really low. Right now I just have a motor for slow flights but it with the motor i am getting it will go over 100 mph easily.

Both were a 100% success and both are a blast to fly. If anyone wants to check out really cool videos,reviews,Challenges, and Builds go to Flite Test and check them out. They are sponsored by Hobby King and I believe Horizon Hobby. Really fun to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6amS-WfNWAw

Posted Image

Posted Image

#39 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:40 PM

I may be selling myself short but I just can't hang with dealing with the skinned airplanes. Foamy, EPO or copter for me, thanks. But that's one nice flying plane you've got there.

Posted Image

#40 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

I may be selling myself short but I just can't hang with dealing with the skinned airplanes. Foamy, EPO or copter for me, thanks. But that's one nice flying plane you've got there.

Thanks. They really are not that hard to cover. You basically just tack down the edges then use a heat gun to shrink it all. I really enjoy it because it's not like foamies where you slap a sticker on and its done (i do like fomies though). Here you have a seance of accomplishment like you do when building a Quad copter. You made it from absolutely nothing but an idea in your head. But everyone has their own preferred taste.

#41 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,837 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:34 PM

Crazy, you should do this next: http://futureoftech....er-takes-flight

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#42 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

Crazy, you should do this next: http://futureoftech....er-takes-flight

Those guys are morons. Can you imagine the carnage if they have prop failure on any one of those motors? Also just look at other multi-copter videos of crashes. They're not reliable enough to be safe.

Posted Image

#43 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 03:58 PM

Getting some new hardware for my F-5 EDF. More speed, more efficiency...more fun.

#44 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 02:52 PM

We need more members! This place is dead! I got an idea.

EVERYBODY:

Tell us all what your first experience with a model flying and/or driving.

Tell us all about your first crash and your worst crash.

Tell us all about your favorite model.

Tell us about your dream model that you want soooo bad.

#45 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

What do you guys think of this? I think their formation flying is one of the coolest things I have EVER seen.

#46 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

We need more members! This place is dead! I got an idea.

EVERYBODY:

Tell us all what your first experience with a model flying and/or driving.

Tell us all about your first crash and your worst crash.

Tell us all about your favorite model.

Tell us about your dream model that you want soooo bad.

Yea wish we did have more members.

I used to race 1/8 buggy in the ROAR Region 5 but due to when the economy tanked I had to stop. I really only have R/C Flight items now and a few vehicles. I have been Racing for over 8 years and flying for 1+ years. I had maybe 30 min of flight on a simulator before going solo. Not bragging but my learning curve for R/C is WAY beyond what others may be. It just comes naturally and it has always been like that for stuff I love to do or If there is something that interests, and if it interests me, I learn everything I can about it. I will spend days looking up stuff and comparing everything similar to it. I guess you could say I'm OCD about it. lol

My most recent crash and worst:

most recent crash

I am in the process of getting supplies to rebuild it but i just started a new job at chrysler. But i will also be getting some new toys when a friend and i head up to the Weak Signals Hobby Expo in Toledo OH. Plan on getting a 3D Hobby shop Edge 540 for 3D flying. Also going to get items to make my quad copter, Motor and ESC for my FT Speed Wing, maybe some kit planes...... Lets just say my car will probably be full. lol

I do want to promote a website that is very helpful and fun. Go to FliteTest and check out there YouTube page Flitetest.

Edited by bigshow4u, 04 February 2012 - 03:26 PM.

#47 bigshow4u

bigshow4u

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQIMGV5vtd4&feature=g-all-u&context=G299f0a7FAAAAAAAAHAA

What do you guys think of this? I think their formation flying is one of the coolest things I have EVER seen.

Reminds me of TRON LOL

really cool even though they are all controlled by a computer. They have a video of quads building a building. Very interesting.

#48 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:41 PM

Oh you're building a quad copter too? That's cool make a video when you fly it.

I wonder how CrazyLittle's quad copter is coming along...looked veeerrrry promising.

But yeah I kinda feel the same way about R/C stuff. I learned very quickly flying my first legit R/C plane (I think you know what I mean by 'legit'). My first R/C plane was actually a Parkzone Mini P-51, which you might know is a 4 channel plane, so it was highly NOT recommended that I got that. But I was killing the simulators so I went for it and I did barrel rolls and loops my 3rd flight. I still have the little thing, but it's so banged up from crashing that I haven't flown it in forever. But it's such a fun little thing. My servos got way screwed up one day when I did a loop and like all 4 channels, rudder, ailerons, elevator, AND throttle went haywire and all locked out in weird positions. The plane when spiraling down after the loop at full throttle.

Still haven't figured out why it keeps doing that. Since then, I've moved on to something much bigger and faster.

Edited by killjoy62996, 04 February 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#49 CrazyLittle

CrazyLittle

• Root Admin
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:45 PM

I really should shoot more video and photos of the crap I'm flying.

Posted Image

#50 killjoy62996

killjoy62996

Spare change?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 04 February 2012 - 03:54 PM

Haha yeah, that makes the two of us. I can't insert this photo that I really want to post. I keep trying to drag it in and it does drag in but all I get is a link. I've tried using the "Insert image' button but that's not working either.

I need help. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users