• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 canadiankid95

canadiankid95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

im not really a huge newbie , but this year i upgraded all of my equipment and i have been paintballing alot more and i want to start playing xball and enter tournaments with teams and what not. i watch videos all the time about psp and the nppl and leagues near me in canada but what are they playing. are they playing air ball xball or speed i dont know how to determine from the 3 i thought it was just like tournament style paintball, ive never heard anyone say like oh yeah im an air baller so could someone shed some light on the situatiuation for me please, thanks

#2 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the PSP tournaments are on an XBall field, and the NPPL tournaments are on airball fields.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#3 TheBossManLtDan

TheBossManLtDan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 02:16 PM

well, im not all that experienced either. but i do know the difference, i believe.speedball is a game of paintball in which one team goes against another in a field with bunkers. airball and speedball are both general terms for tournament based paintball games. no real difference. and xball summed up = "A tournament paintball format which uses repeating scores. Each time a flag is hung, the team which hangs it earns a point. The teams then reset to play for the next point. The game plays until the time on the game clock expires." thats an exact definition

im not really a huge newbie , but this year i upgraded all of my equipment and i have been paintballing alot more and i want to start playing xball and enter tournaments with teams and what not. i watch videos all the time about psp and the nppl and leagues near me in canada but what are they playing. are they playing air ball xball or speed i dont know how to determine from the 3 i thought it was just like tournament style paintball, ive never heard anyone say like oh yeah im an air baller so could someone shed some light on the situatiuation for me please, thanks

#4 dirac

dirac

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 09:49 PM

Speedball is pretty much paintball that isn't woodsball or a scenario game. Airball, Xball and hyperball are all types of speedball. Airball is paintball played with inflatable bunkers, as opposed to hyperball which is played with corrugated pipe bunkers. Xball is a type of airball (and speedball) that has a giant X shaped bunker in the middle of the field. There are two big paintball organizations that host professional tournaments, PSP and NPPL. I believe that PSP plays Xball. All of these terms are well defined by certain organizations, but much more loosely defined at most fields. Just be sure to read the rules of whatever tournament you want to enter and then you can call it whatever you want.
Autococker SR, Rotor, Ninja 45/68, J&J Barrel Kit, Proflex

#5 mokothemonkey

mokothemonkey

Official Chat Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,228 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

Speedball is anything not woodsball/scenario/milsim

Airball is anything with the air bunkers

Xball is center flag on a time limit.

PSP is xball.

NPPL is a kind of airball.

Both are speedball.

Edited by mokothemonkey, 26 July 2011 - 10:17 PM.

Hi.

#6 ahslan

ahslan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:55 PM

Well I learned something new today :)
Piranha GTI+ Rampage
14 inch J&J ceramic barrel
VForce Grill
Viewloader Select Force Vlocity
68/4500 Pure Energy tank

#7 cdub

cdub

"Maverick" Team REDRUM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 12:41 AM

As did I! I've never played any speedball, just woodsball for the last 10 years. I had no idea there were different kinds lol

#8 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 09:47 AM

your in canada right? boy, things are a lot more complicated than just PSP and NPPL

in canada there is CXBL, ESPL, GFL, Raiders Cup and i think thats about it.

EDIT: thats just in ontario... i dont even know about other provinces.

Edited by ThunderLights, 27 July 2011 - 09:52 AM.

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 02:01 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users