• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 wingman

wingman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:14 PM

I don't know about you guys but after the biggest hopper revolution with the rotor prophecy and the pinokio
i can't wait to see new hoppers

the nxe journey was a fail and i didn't like it at all. now I'm very interested in the new valken hopper and the new pinokio f1 (which I'm sure mike will most defiantly review) also if dye will make a new rotor in the near future.

also what do you think newer hoppers should have or what would you like to see them have

Edited by wingman, 26 July 2011 - 11:15 PM.

Part of the Ironbound Ballers
work at Hardcore Paintball in NJ

Redz 4+3+4 podpack with pods
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=156945

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

Even though the Jrny was a fail, it was cool to see people trying new and interesting ways of tackling the same problem.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 spankopotomous=paintball

spankopotomous=paintball

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

i feel like viewloader might come out with another good loader. at least i hope so

SPANKO TO THE RESCUE!!! My Feedback +23/0/0

#4 NTENSE

NTENSE

Parkway Drive #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:27 PM

haha whats good vinnie and the f1 may be a rotor killer if the profiles right and if its $130<
KusH Iron ballers black
eBay Feedback+8/-0
Feed Back +4/-0

#5 PewPewPew

PewPewPew

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:35 PM

I would like to see more proggramable hopppers in where you could see the bps feed rate.

The f1 will be beast!
Im a sexy beast, deal with it.
Pcs us5, Gog Extcy, Spyder Mr1, Jt Accelerator 3.0
J&J 14" ceramic barrel. J&J 16 inch ceramic barrel, Custom products .685 one piece
Eye force loader, Vlocity
Gxg tac vest with remote and 2 48/3000 tanks.

#6 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:40 PM

i would like to see companies focusing less on "ZOMG MUH LODERZ 50BEEPEEESS LAWLLL!!!!" and concentrate more so on a "man, my loader only loads about 20 bps, but i've put 30 cases through this on one battery and has not jammed on me once". we don't need super speed loaders anymore. my invert 2 was 50 bucks, and i cannot see myself needing anything more than that.

#7 raven_op

raven_op

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:44 PM

and someone needs to convice dye to make a rotor variant that is slower than what it is now and cut the price by half but be just as relaiable. if they do that, i think they will put a lot of pressure on the mid range loaders as well. last face it, people are getting turned off from the rotor simply by the morgage they need to afford one now. hell i paid less for my marq that i bought (seriously, bought a marq for 200 bucks on the dot, rotos are about 230 bucks here with the taxes in lol)

#8 wingman

wingman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:52 PM

I'm happy that i got my rotor when i did
i paid 100 bucks and it came with the virtue soft arm and it was pretty brand new

#9 lostpaintballer

lostpaintballer

AXE OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:56 PM

i feel like viewloader might come out with another good loader. at least i hope so

I would also enjoy that. A slightly lower profile vlocity with the huge mouth + super loader battery life = win!!! Id buy like 3 of those lol.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave everybody wondering how the fuck you did it.

Posted Image

#10 Peanut Butter Smack

Peanut Butter Smack

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

i see dye doing one of 2 things,

1) making a gen 4 rotor instead of a new hopper. just increase like battery life or something

2) making a bigger version using rotor technology
What kinda paintball do you play??? http://www.techpb.co...1

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

#11 shogo242

shogo242

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

I would also enjoy that. A slightly lower profile vlocity with the huge mouth + super loader battery life = win!!! Id buy like 3 of those lol.

Heck yea, I would be up for that too.

#12 oldnewb

oldnewb

always playing Devil's advocate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:10 PM

Bottom feed loaders. Honestly, this is what the future of paintball SHOULD be. Something that feeds just as fast as any current loader, still holds 200 or so paintballs, is no heavier than current loaders, and no bulkier (rules out Warp Feeds), plus just as easy to reload.

I mean, c'mon Industy people! The reason paintball markers had top fed (or offset fed) feednecks in the first place was because of gravity loaders! In the day of force fed, there's no reason why we can't do bottom fed now. It would clear the top deck of our markers for easier and quicker sighting, probably get hit a lot less, and maximize visibility.

I'm guessing companies that don't make both loaders and markers will be reluctant to look into this, but Dye, Tippman, and KEE have no such excuse. They make both loaders and markers, so why not start working on a combination of both?
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#13 wingman

wingman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:19 PM

Bottom feed loaders. Honestly, this is what the future of paintball SHOULD be. Something that feeds just as fast as any current loader, still holds 200 or so paintballs, is no heavier than current loaders, and no bulkier (rules out Warp Feeds), plus just as easy to reload.

I mean, c'mon Industy people! The reason paintball markers had top fed (or offset fed) feednecks in the first place was because of gravity loaders! In the day of force fed, there's no reason why we can't do bottom fed now. It would clear the top deck of our markers for easier and quicker sighting, probably get hit a lot less, and maximize visibility.

I'm guessing companies that don't make both loaders and markers will be reluctant to look into this, but Dye, Tippman, and KEE have no such excuse. They make both loaders and markers, so why not start working on a combination of both?

that might also change the way the markers are made
were the bolt is just the whole internals
it might be revolutionary but it would basically just flip upside down the markers or stretch the markers out

#14 Peanut Butter Smack

Peanut Butter Smack

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:20 PM

that might also change the way the markers are made
were the bolt is just the whole internals
it might be revolutionary but it would basically just flip upside down the markers or stretch the markers out

they have this already its called a q-loader.

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

#15 oldnewb

oldnewb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:47 PM

I've spoken to people with Q-loaders. Neat idea, but it has it's drawbacks. It's time consuming to load, they're somewhat fragile, don't carry as much paint, expensive for each loader-pod, and bulky. Plus, they often break paint, and when they do, the whole thing is a pain to clean.

No, I've seen better home-made mods than what the Q-loader does.
Techpb Mike doesn't use Trojan Magnum extra large condoms 'cause he doesn't believe in underboring.

Techpb Mike doesn't hide behind cover. Instead, he shoots down incoming paintballs.

#16 Peanut Butter Smack

Peanut Butter Smack

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:50 PM

I've spoken to people with Q-loaders. Neat idea, but it has it's drawbacks. It's time consuming to load, they're somewhat fragile, don't carry as much paint, expensive for each loader-pod, and bulky. Plus, they often break paint, and when they do, the whole thing is a pain to clean.

No, I've seen better home-made mods than what the Q-loader does.

im not promoting it but there are already working loader that feed on the bottom. and the only way i see a truly good loading system from the bottom would to have it basicly wrap around the gun and use springs like a q loader.. or maybe use like rotor tech. in an undermount, then have a tube run up to the feedneck and have the forced of the balls feed them, but then the caliber of pbs would have to stop changing for it to work.

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

#17 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,068 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

I've made a box magazine for my Tippmann, and it uses a V35 drive cone and functions perfectly fine. All they need to do is make underfed paintball guns (not mag fed guns, but guns designed for an underfeed system) and an ergonomic shell that sits under the body.

A rotor type system wouldn't work under the gun, because the rotor pushes paint down, while the Halo style loaders push paint sideways (it's the feedneck that directs it downwards).

Edited by andrewthewookie, 27 July 2011 - 06:56 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#18 Duke Scrotum

Duke Scrotum

Fuck Anticipation guy...Right in the Butt!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 06:58 PM

I would really like to see a vlocity 2. (or some kind of revamped vlocity). Smaller raceway and impeller. Better battery life and a manual feed option like the rip drive. (if you look at the vlocity the motor already sticks out the bottom). And also a lower profile shell and shorter feedneck.

baby3.png
Gearbag Sale

Because, I have a problem.
And the only way it will be better is if I have more guns.

#19 lostpaintballer

lostpaintballer

AXE OWNER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 07:29 PM

I would really like to see a vlocity 2. (or some kind of revamped vlocity). Smaller raceway and impeller. Better battery life and a manual feed option like the rip drive. (if you look at the vlocity the motor already sticks out the bottom). And also a lower profile shell and shorter feedneck.

that would.be a winner. Especially if it had a mid end price! Hell id buy it even for over 100.
When life gives you lemons, make orange juice and leave everybody wondering how the fuck you did it.

Posted Image

#20 Peanut Butter Smack

Peanut Butter Smack

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:40 PM

How about this:

the future of loaders should be the pbs are carried on your back in a cushioned pack to prevent breaks if u fall. then basicly have the technology of one of the super loaders at the bottom that feed into a tube that internally is several tubes coming from a funnel shaped feed. slowly, one by one, these will have diverts to merge into eachother and eventually be one line that goes into the feedkneck. and somehow have a way for it not to jam up, maybe not have the tubes merge but instead make it so the timing is perfect for one tube to release one paint ball, at the end by the feedkneck, at a time. idk, its a stupid idea, but its an idea. and you could carry like 2,000 pbs at a time if not more.

Edited by Peanut Butter Smack, 27 July 2011 - 08:43 PM.

CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

#21 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:47 PM

Bottom feed loaders.

I agree with this times a million.

People have been home making box mags for a long time. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to produce commercially.

#22 hogzilla88

hogzilla88

Something about narwhals...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,569 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

I want a small agitated hopper, like the size of a sportshot.

#23 oldnewb

oldnewb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:51 AM

Bottom feed loaders.

I agree with this times a million.

People have been home making box mags for a long time. I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard to produce commercially.

I think a speedball version of a box mag would be revolutionary. I mean, there have been refinements to loaders for the last few years, but nothing revolutionary (with the exception of the Warp Feed, and QLoader, which never took off for various reasons, and the Cyclone, which is proprietary to Tippman). Someone needs to be a bit more daring... if there was no innovation in paintball loaders, we'd all still be running 40round gravity hoppers and stick feeds. Someone needs to take it to the next level, and soon.

#24 pbfreek

pbfreek

Nooblet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:45 AM

If you haven't had a chance yet you should check out this backpack loader being produced, video is a little cheesy but if it works it will be beyond epic.

Edited by pbfreek, 28 July 2011 - 11:47 AM.

THE PARK
Posted Image
/0/0 TechPB 5/0/0 PBN

#25 wingman

wingman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

Rap4 has one but there products are very sketchy mildly is making one with interchangeable cases to hold different levels of paint and valken has there new backpack that looks awesome

#26 Calais

Calais

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:25 PM

Paintball back pack with 1000 rounds has already been made but for filing the hopper...
No text larger then size 3 is allowed in the signature.

#27 Rawrr

Rawrr

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:35 PM

OR we can keep the current system where the loader sits on top because it works fine.
Seriously guys....Let's keep it how it is, it works. If we try to push this Q-loader/backpack technology its going to end up in a huge clusterfuck, paintball in general is in a clusterfuck already let's not make an even bigger mess.

RAWRR

#28 wingman

wingman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 11:53 PM

The valken feeds directly into the gun unlike the medusas

#29 Dee

Dee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 01:30 AM

If you haven't had a chance yet you should check out this backpack loader being produced, video is a little cheesy but if it works it will be beyond epic.

As much as I think the curret system works....

That backpack+50cal+Mike...
Holy shot xD

Cana-duh Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users