#1 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,656 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Previously posted in PB chatter

My idea is to have an alternate forum for manufacturer BST.

Before you go HERP DERP THAT STUPIB listen to this.

Say you own an Ion and want to sell it, so you skip along to the Electronic Marker BST forum to post it up, but... When in the thread creation thing, theres a little dropdown box that asks what manufacturer the gun is, obviously you choose Smart Parts, and the thread will be posted twice, once in the Electronic Markers forum, and once in a dedicated Smart Parts BST section.

So if someone posts in the Smart Parts forum on the Ion guys thread, it also appears as a post in the Electronic Markers thing, and vice versa, the two threads would be linked, so whatever happens in one happens in another.

I think it would work well since if someone wanted say a Vice, they dont have to hoarde through hundreds of BST threads in the Electronic Markers forum, instead they can just flick through the Bob Long section and find Vice's easily.

Yes? No?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#2 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 01:04 PM

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 03:39 PM

What if they have an ion and wants a barrel? Then they'd have to go through 50 forums by barrel manufacturers looking for an ion fitting barrel. :P

Oh wait .... Now somebody would want barrels to be listed by application making your first idea void.

As you see your suggestion wouldn't work.

#4 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 05:14 PM

What if they have an ion and wants a barrel? Then they'd have to go through 50 forums by barrel manufacturers looking for an ion fitting barrel. :P

Oh wait .... Now somebody would want barrels to be listed by application making your first idea void.

damnit! lol i had my hopes up for this one
Posted Image
are you a Musician? Join the club! click this to get there!--->Musicians Club Here!

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,656 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

I dont get it. Just do it to the pump and mech section, and the Electro section. No need to catagorize masks and barrels by manufacturer too, that would be silly.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:07 PM

What if somebody used the advance search and type in "ion" search electronic markers. :)

Remember that often somebody has two markers in the same thread.

#7 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

I think it's a good idea. You could either browse a general category, or a manufacturer and still find the same item in both.
Posted Image

#8 turkey357

turkey357

im Turkalicious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,078 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:15 PM

what about tags for BST threads?
Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users