Photo

Helping out the Noobs with Paintball Lingo with a dictionary?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Poll: Dictionary? (4 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this dictionary could help alot of new players as well as even some experienced ones?

1. YES (4 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. NO (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MustacheJoe2

MustacheJoe2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hi,

I am a paintball noob and dont have the experience and knowledge to help me get to know more about my gear. I am also a noob to this site as well and may be not taken as seriously because of that but i want to get my word out. I recently had some problems with my tank and had to ask for help but they asked me about problems like "Shootdown" and It took me a while to figure out what it meant to understand what was happening. Usually in this situation, where I do not have the knowledge to figure something out, I can go to a source and quickly figure it out by using a recourse like a book or the almighty internet. For example, If I come across a word while reading a book for school that I have no idea what it means but its a key word that would help me know what is happening in the moment of the story I could easily go on my phone and type in the word and instantly figure out the meaning and I could keep reading without any trouble or wait.

I propose that you make a paintball dictionary section of the site that has all the lingo that is associated with paintball so the newcomers like myself can have a recourse that would help us greatly become more knowledgeable in paintball. I know this would be very time consuming figuring out what to put in the dictionary but maby you can set up a topic so we could help you out finding words and definitions for the dictionary. If this was a part of your site, I know that you would be getting more people involved in TechPB by people finding you through searching for a certain word that they are looking for in google or something and it would help the community out by spreading the word of techPB. I understand that this could be a huge undertaking and make you hesitant but can quote mike in saying that he wants to be like that cool knowledgeable older guy on the field when he was younger that would always be eager to share information and help out all the new players in their problems. Well this is your chance to take that to a whole new level and help the new guy and girls of paintball out. I hope you read this mike and take this into consideration.

thanks,

-Justin

#2 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,854 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:17 PM

There is a rather nice dictionary in the Punkworks section of the site. If you have any terms you think would be beneficial to the dictionary I would suggest posting there.

#3 MustacheJoe2

MustacheJoe2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:19 PM

There is a rather nice dictionary in the Punkworks section of the site. If you have any terms you think would be beneficial to the dictionary I would suggest posting there.

wow i did not know about that. thanks!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users