1186 replies to this topic

#601 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

I just wish I can find some stock 240 smoke nose cones again Posted Image.

From what I understand about using different kinds of orings, they just wear out less quickly than your usual BN 70 rings. I've yet to hear someone get noticiable performance changes on a macdev marker just by switching types. At best you can say they take care of some sealing issues, but it's mostly with orings that are metric.

Also because of the o-ring composition, you might have re-break in your marker even longer.

There has been talk on PBN of the DX getting 1800 rounds and increased smoothness due to less pressure needed to shoot the ball, thanks to X rings. I figure I'll try it for 5 bucks and if not I can always switch back, as it's only 5 o rings lol.

#602 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 07:51 AM

who has a drone dx? and how does it feel

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#603 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:00 AM

Alright guys, I've had my droid since early december and it still doesn't work. Im pretty good at working on guns. I've changed out all the orings. It shoots, but still leaks (somewhat quickly) in what I believe to be the solenoid/trigger area. I even had the balls to check the manifold. I just dunno what to do. Is there anyone I could send it to? or anyone have any ideas to what I missed? I'm also using Monkey Poo. So im using good lube....

#604 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

From what I understand about using different kinds of orings, they just wear out less quickly than your usual BN 70 rings. I've yet to hear someone get noticiable performance changes on a macdev marker just by switching types. At best you can say they take care of some sealing issues, but it's mostly with orings that are metric.

Also because of the o-ring composition, you might have re-break in your marker even longer.

There has been talk on PBN of the DX getting 1800 rounds and increased smoothness due to less pressure needed to shoot the ball, thanks to X rings. I figure I'll try it for 5 bucks and if not I can always switch back, as it's only 5 o rings lol.

But then there's also talk about how it can cause on moving parts that go in and out of something like the powertube in the clone.

Also the DX is much different than the droid, which fall in-line with how macdev spoolies are designed currently. After all it was the predecessor for the clone.

But like always there orings, which means there fairly cheap unless you use a strong material. No harm in trying.

#605 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Alright guys, I've had my droid since early december and it still doesn't work. Im pretty good at working on guns. I've changed out all the orings. It shoots, but still leaks (somewhat quickly) in what I believe to be the solenoid/trigger area. I even had the balls to check the manifold. I just dunno what to do. Is there anyone I could send it to? or anyone have any ideas to what I missed? I'm also using Monkey Poo. So im using good lube....

dont want you to feel like you're being ignored. but i have no clue on how to fix your problem other than to hit up MacDev CS. they're based out of florida.

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#606 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 01:18 PM

I assume you've tried backing the hpr reg all the way to zero correct? First thing to always check in a leak from a macdev solenoid is to see if it's overpressurized. Solves half of the problems.

Also make sure you solenoid is set up correctly. I unscrewed the one of the sections and didn't put it back correctly, causing it to leak. You can be sure it is set up correctly by looking at the inside of solenoid and making sure everything is lined up properly.

Edited by akt22, 09 April 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#607 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:29 PM

Yea, I've got the reg completely zeroed, and anytime im trying to fix it, raising the pressure doesnt help lol.... and im kinda scared to open up my solenoid. every says not to do it lol

#608 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

But then there's also talk about how it can cause on moving parts that go in and out of something like the powertube in the clone.

Also the DX is much different than the droid, which fall in-line with how macdev spoolies are designed currently. After all it was the predecessor for the clone.

But like always there orings, which means there fairly cheap unless you use a strong material. No harm in trying.

Yeah, I would only use them on the bolt keg inner o ring, bolt sail o ring, and valve o rings as they are constantly in contact with a surface.

Also, Gibbee, try replacing the powertube front o ring (011) and the bolt sail/switch o ring (016). I had that problem more than once and that is always the culprit.

#609 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

I've changed all the orings on the bolt, keg, and powertube. The only things I haven't touched is the valve and inside of the noid.

#610 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:03 PM

Don't worry about the Noid as MacDev's noids are bulletproof. I'd say replace the 2 orings I named again, as I've replaced them once and still had them leak. If that doesn't work, replace the valve orings.

#611 KingCloneVX

KingCloneVX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 04:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#612 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 05:02 PM

^^^ welcome aboard.

Posted Image

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#613 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:38 PM

Yea, I've got the reg completely zeroed, and anytime im trying to fix it, raising the pressure doesnt help lol.... and im kinda scared to open up my solenoid. every says not to do it lol

Don't worry about destroying the noid. Like mz says, macdev's solenoids are very durable and you don't need to break it down piece by piece. I didn't need a manual to disect it and see the problems. Just don't go beyond unscrewing the phillip head screws on sides of the solenoid and you'll be fine.

If you do it correctly, you should divide the solenoid into 3 parts. From there line everything up and put it back together. Should solve it. Also did you check manifold orings above the solenoid, if there are any?

Also when replacing orings, make sure there's some resistance to know if they are sealing properly.

Edited by akt22, 09 April 2012 - 08:40 PM.

#614 Mike Man

Mike Man

No, I'm Dirty Dan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Get a new droid? Posted Image

#615 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 01:23 PM

Tuesday!!!!!... is it saturday yet? :) :P

Posted Image

#616 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Changed the orings on the valve. Leaks less. But still leaks. Fuck bollocks penis shit.

#617 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:14 PM

Changed the orings on the valve. Leaks less. But still leaks. Fuck bollocks penis shit.

sig worthy.

Posted Image

#618 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 07:27 PM

I'm telling you man, you need to make sure the tolerances are right on the o rings. I've had to try 3 brand new o rings before I could fix it.

#619 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

supposed to be size 017 right? thats what my oring kit says is what I should use. If the solenoid was bad, the gun wouldn't even fire would it? FUCK. also, I'm trying to fix a friends UL pm5, and I've got it mostly done, except he has the shitty evil detonator reg on it, so I can't get it shooting the right pressure. Piece of shit. Told him he'd prolly need a new reg if I couldn't figure it out.

EDIT:FUCKYOUCODINGERRORSHITS!!!!!

Edited by gibbeepbroxzor, 10 April 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#620 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:03 PM

how loud is the leak? If you had a vid to show it, it would be a lot helpful.

If it's clear as day, then it's directly the solenoid. If not, it could be the manifold above the solenoid. Also with the valve orings, put it upsidedown in the keg. This should tell if they are sealing properly.

#621 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:09 PM

On the droid the valve is multi directional.

Try the front powertube o ring (011)

#622 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:24 PM

still it would be a good idea to hear how it leaks to better help him.

#623 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:51 PM

still it would be a good idea to hear how it leaks to better help him.

Yeah.

#624 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

Drivetrain comparison of the VX and GT in the Photos Section. :)

Posted Image

#625 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:05 AM

Just a heads up on future gt users buying NIB from the factory.

There have been some reports on firing/veolicity issues as a result of the break in period.

If your velocity decreases after leaving it aired up, just slowly increase the hpr until it returns to normal. Eventually as it breaks in, it won't become an issue anymore.

That said, I haven't experienced anything like it right now.

#626 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

There have been some reports on firing/veolicity issues as a result of the break in period.

If your velocity decreases after leaving it aired up, just slowly increase the hpr until it returns to normal. Eventually as it breaks in, it won't become an issue anymore.

good to know. i shot a Prophecy full of paint over a chrono.... it was +/-4 on psp ramp. :)

WIN!

Edited by Hebiki, 13 April 2012 - 12:03 PM.

Posted Image

#627 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:16 PM

good to know. i shot a Prophecy full of paint over a chrono.... it was +/-4 on psp ramp. :)

WIN!

The problem wasn't being consistant: it was after chrono'ing it, you let it standby for like 8-12 minutes. Once you shot it again, your fps would be in the low 100's.

This goes away after breaking it in.

Good to know your's is alright.

EDIT: and just as I was congratulating myself, I experience the problem. Fuck my life.

Thankfully it only drops off by like 10 bps and not more.

Edited by akt22, 14 April 2012 - 12:13 AM.

#628 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 01:53 AM

yup.. happened to me too. so what i did was... set the dwell to 20ms. LOL.

i stayed at 285 all day. shot 2 cases through it. ill zero out the reg again, and reset the dwell to 12ms...and start again. :tup:

Posted Image

#629 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:53 PM

akt

can you please post a pic of how much your hpr screw is sticking out at the bottom? thanks. your dwell setting too.

Edited by Hebiki, 15 April 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Posted Image

#630 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

dwell is stock haven't touched.

Best I can get it is this:

Posted Image

Also relubbing the reg w/ a good amount of lube has stopped the issues so far.

Edited by akt22, 16 April 2012 - 02:28 AM.

#631 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:30 AM

i blew an o-ring in my HPR trying to adjust it. :(

i zero'ed it out..and was playing with it when i noticed it was very tight when adjusting it. luckily i didnt lose much air. right now my dwell is at 14ms to get it to chrono at 260+

Posted Image

#632 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:08 AM

So how you can't take down the dwell and break it in more? What happens when you take it to stock?

With the pic I'm showing you, I'm at 280 +/- 4. My macdev markers prefer more lube in the reg than in the drivetrain. It's given me the best results in terms of consistency.

Edited by akt22, 16 April 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#633 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:48 PM

So how you can't take down the dwell and break it in more? What happens when you take it to stock?

With the pic I'm showing you, I'm at 280 +/- 4. My macdev markers prefer more lube in the reg than in the drivetrain. It's given me the best results in terms of consistency.

i think that oring was causing issues...thats why i had to up the dwell. since i have it fixed now. im gonna zero everything out again, reset dwell to factory 12ms.......and see where it chronos at. then slowly adjust upwards.

remember my shooting video? :) i was at 290 with +/-4 over my chrono. so that oring in the hpr was totally screwing with my fps. :(

Posted Image

#634 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 03:46 PM

was the oring shreded or just not right? I assume this is 08 (?) adjustor screw oring correct?

#635 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

was the oring shreded or just not right? I assume this is 08 (?) adjustor screw oring correct?

14 o-ring... and it was sliced in half.. but not all the way. really odd how it got cut like that.

Posted Image

#636 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 08:24 PM

Yeah that is odd: those kinds of orings are the one's I'd think would be causing problems the least. IIRC they don't even function in air regulation.

Speaking of orings, can you update the op w/ this link:

http://macdevmilitia...hread.php?tid=9

Has practically every oring sizes for most macdev markers. They even have the sizes for the gt solenoid/manifold.

Edited by akt22, 16 April 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#637 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:31 AM

akt.. one more favor... take a pic of your HPR from the back.. showing how many threads are exposed. mine will be up shortly. :tup:

Posted Image

#638 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

ok here's mine..

Posted Image

Posted Image

#639 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hebiki!? why's it doing that!?!?!

#640 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

Here's what I got:

Posted Image

Ignore the scratches on the adjustor hole, they're a result as I had to take apart the reg. Thankfully nothing serious was damaged as a result.

Upon comparing to yours, it does look like mines is more flush but I'm guessing it's only the angle used.

#641 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:29 AM

not sure why its doing anything weird. :) ill get to the bottom of it.

for all i know my chrono maybe off. lol

Posted Image

#642 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:46 AM

well on pbn, james said that taking the dwell to 14 is a viable solution for some velocity issues until the gt breaks in.

I think that just might be the case here: break in issues.

Also there's talk about pinched orings on the solenoid, but your marker wouldn't fire if that was the case.

Edited by akt22, 17 April 2012 - 01:47 AM.

#643 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:47 AM

makin me nervous! lol
what's all of this noise about the shoot down? I've read something about faulty seals in the solenoid and the regulators needing to be broken in.
anyway... 7-9 days until my Clone GT reaches Florida!

#644 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

makin me nervous! lol
what's all of this noise about the shoot down? I've read something about faulty seals in the solenoid and the regulators needing to be broken in.

It's more or less issues w/ the first batches of GT's, which shouldn't be suprising given the nature of the company.

The noise from the shootdown comes with the fact that some gt's have velocity issues after being'd chrono'd. Everything looks good for the first few shoots, then you experience severe dropoff in the low 100's fps.

Some say just break it in more, change the dwell or slightly increase the velocity. In extreme cases, the solenoid oring might be pinched due to manufacturing issues (nothing too concrete on this yet) but the results would be easily noticiable if that were the case. You would have to *shudder* contact macdev CS.

Bourke, on the other hand, has been trying to bring macdev's CS up to speed. I think someone on macdevmilitia.com might help get you in touch w/ him.

Edited by akt22, 17 April 2012 - 02:06 AM.

#645 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:12 AM

yah ill just keep firing it at 14-16 on dwell until it breaks in properly.

im not playing in my tournament on 4/29.. but i'll try to sneak in some game time this weekend to break it in further. :tup: all part of being a "first batch" owner. LOL

Posted Image

#646 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

makin me nervous! lol

It's more or less issues w/ the first batches of GT's, which shouldn't be suprising given the nature of the company.

The noise from the shootdown comes with the fact that some gt's have velocity issues after being'd chrono'd. Everything looks good for the first few shoots, then you experience severe dropoff in the low 100's fps.

Some say just break it in more, change the dwell or slightly increase the velocity. In extreme cases, the solenoid oring might be pinched due to manufacturing issues (nothing too concrete on this yet) but the results would be easily noticiable if that were the case. You would have to *shudder* contact macdev CS.

Bourke, on the other hand, has been trying to bring macdev's CS up to speed. I think someone on macdevmilitia.com might help get you in touch w/ him.

to me it sounds like the springs in the regulators aren't being worn in... that would account for having to turn your velocity screw up to achieve the same operating pressure/velocity

#647 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

Ah the beauty of bein a "first batch" owner

We can say we took one for the team ;) :D

And yeah being worn in is pretty much the theme going on right now.

It's one of the main reasons why macdev overlubes from the factroy; they want us to wear it in so a thin lube sticks to the annodizing, causing it to be relubed in smaller amounts.

Edited by akt22, 17 April 2012 - 02:31 AM.

#648 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:01 AM

i plan on breaking my Clone GT in with the factory lube, but is there any reason not to use Monkey Poo once that has been done?

#649 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Oldballer on the nation compared the two types of militia lube and preferred the darker version. He stated that he would use the brown version over anything else but since the white lube was included, he was switching to monkey poo.

#650 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

yup.. ill just buy a box of house paint..and run it through the marker in my backyard.

Lesson of the day. Buy a CloneGT.. Mow faces for 4 cases... THEN maintain it. :)

Edited by Hebiki, 17 April 2012 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users