• Please log in to reply
1186 replies to this topic

#701 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:26 AM

The way james hints about the new cyborg feels liked a mix bag imo. It seems like he's hyping it up as something special, l but then mentions the cyborg line as "down but not out".

The context of that quote imo feels like its a revival but not a completely new line. I wouldn't be suprised if it were an aniversary or limited run.

Edited by akt22, 02 May 2012 - 05:27 AM.

#702 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:32 AM

The Cyborg needs three things to make it a top contender in the high end realm. New trigger, better ergonomics, and the Clone updates. (feedneck, reg, barrel, etc) Make the gold bolt stock, and dont change anything else.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#703 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

If we based a new Cyborg on what changes happened on the GT, then the only things that won't be updated are imo the board and the trigger, sadly.

Thankfully macdev realizes that some of us like our VP triggers and made sure they are compatible in all releases up to this point. I wouldn't be suprised if that were the case if they go that route in the new cyborg.

I do wish there were more choices than VP. Acid customs seems to similar and I don't want to have to import something in order to try it out.

Edited by akt22, 02 May 2012 - 05:50 AM.

#704 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:55 AM

Honestly, MacDev just needs to stop making triggers. Contract VP or Critical to do them, and call it a day.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#705 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:36 AM

I agree

But then they'll just make up some excuse like, "we have tested that our triggers alone work best with macdev markers and that's why we continue to use them."

It's literally the reason bourke, at macdevmilitia, states why they don't want to increase the control bore length of their shift barrel..

Edited by akt22, 02 May 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#706 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:07 AM

I agree

But then they'll just make up some excuse like, "we have tested that our triggers alone work best with macdev markers and that's why we continue to use them."

It's literally the reason bourke, at macdevmilitia, states why they don't want to increase the control bore length of their shift barrel..

changing the control bore length on their shift barrel would cost so much money, not to mention all of the shift kits already produced... wtf would they do with those? plus the dimension of having your bore step up in size before the porting tends to help with consistency over the chrono, it acts as sort of a buffer. that's what Bryce said in his "what we know about barrels" vid anyway.

#707 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

I agree

changing the control bore length on their shift barrel would cost so much money, not to mention all of the shift kits already produced... wtf would they do with those? plus the dimension of having your bore step up in size before the porting tends to help with consistency over the chrono, it acts as sort of a buffer. that's what Bryce said in his "what we know about barrels" vid anyway.

Not disagreeing with you here in regards to the bore length (I don't think the the shift barrel needs change w/ the exception of more choices for bore inserts). I more or less trying to state how macdev operates in regards to the decisions of their markers. You would think with the feedback they receive from the GT, they would have heard some complaints in regards to the trigger. However, compared to everything else, the trigger hasn't improved one bit.

#708 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:51 AM

maybe MacDev secretly owns VP? :P

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#709 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

no way because the vp trigger and stock trigger are too different in design to be from 1 company

#710 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:05 PM

i hear you, $40 extra bucks when you're already dropping $1400 though.... that's nothing. just put in some OT at work if you need to justify spending the extra $40 lol that's what I just got done doing lol. i haven't even shot a Macdev gun yet so idk if i'll even like the trigger or not... just didn't wanna get it and hate the trigger so i bought the VP. i'm wondering what the spare parts kit is going to be like? or if ill be spending some time on oringmonkey

#711 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well I didn't have to drop 40 because the vp on my vx dropped in perfectly.

Again the problem isn't that you have to drop 40 on a vp trigger after dropping 1400; it's the fact that for the amount of care and minute detail spent on the GT, the trigger seems to have been unaffected, which is baffling considering macdev has stated they made a point of listening to feedback.

In comparing the VX to the GT, there are so many minute changes along with the major ones that it could have easily been named something else, thus making you very appreciative of the time macdev put into it. But then you see the trigger and it's complete letdown to the rest of the marker.

#712 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:18 AM

I will repeat what I have said before. When you make a high end gun, and you want it branded as such, there should be no item on your gun that you looked at, and thought "Well, it is good enough." High ends are defined by the small things, because performance rarely defines where the marker sits. You can put all the time in the world into all the little parts, but when someone in the development team says "Hey, what about the trigger?" And they decide that what they have been using is "good enough," it pisses me off. Good enough is for low end guns. The bulk of the mid range markers have much better triggers than any MacDev marker ever made, and that is embarrassing.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#713 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

I will repeat what I have said before. When you make a high end gun, and you want it branded as such, there should be no item on your gun that you looked at, and thought "Well, it is good enough." High ends are defined by the small things, because performance rarely defines where the marker sits. You can put all the time in the world into all the little parts, but when someone in the development team says "Hey, what about the trigger?" And they decide that what they have been using is "good enough," it pisses me off. Good enough is for low end guns. The bulk of the mid range markers have much better triggers than any MacDev marker ever made, and that is embarrassing.

talk to James. hell he did a pressure tester within a week. im sure he can do something about the trigger.

and you know how much i hate to agree with you... but i have to agree with you.

the stock trigger is only good for PSP ramp. for semi, no bueno. once H2Oman251083 gave me his VP trigger from his clone.... my BPS in semi went up. :tup: went up even higher once i did some fine tune adjusting.

Posted Image

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#714 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

I agree w/ both of your guys

Also thank you bourke for sending me the solenoid in a timely manner.

My old one was the problem.

Dare I say their CS seems to be improving compared to last year

Honestly if they get the trigger fixed for semi, keep improving their CS as well as listen to feedback, macdev can really be on the level of dye/pe in terms of brand recognition. Their guns are better than either company but it's the little things they need to keep improving to truly be elite.

Sometimes I wonder if they realize how close they are, but it seems they're heading in the right direction.

#715 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:53 PM

so here's the "short" version of my CS story with MacDev.

as many of you know i had "first batch problems" with my GT. the solenoid was bad. probably just a fluke run of bad solenoids and i got one. well.. i was about ready to email James when all of a sudden I received an email FROM HIM. He heard about my issues from Bourke.

James told me to jump on skype and we chatted there. he walked me through all the possibilities and at the end of the conversation he said "we'll send you a new solenoid." 2 days later... wala... solenoid! long story short... i dont know of ANY company that would jump on IM to discuss your issues with you.

you usually have to do it on THEIR TIME. my conversation with James happened at 10pm (probably helps that he's in Aus, and the time zones lined up)... but anyways. This is the best type of CS in my opinion. They asked me what my problem was, and they fixed it. They didnt ask for proof of receipt...or the serial number, they just wanted to fix it. Granted I'm not abusing the system like some jack hats would. But this is #1 in my "boss book". They reached out to me before anything else got worse. And for this, I am very grateful.

Edited by Hebiki, 04 May 2012 - 06:57 PM.

Posted Image

#716 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:03 PM

YES!!! Got the velocity back up on my RX.

Even made a shitty shooting video to celebrate...

Gonna troll the SoCal section with the same thing. :D

#717 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

barrel cam vid of the CloneGT :)

Posted Image

#718 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:15 AM

Nice video -_-
Did you ever get around to shooting the demon next to it?

#719 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:37 AM

Internet was down for the day. Damn makes me realize how much it's a part of me lol.I was hoping the tester would be out, but it's not apparently.

#720 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:14 PM

Nice video -_-
Did you ever get around to shooting the demon next to it?

nope.. thats my back center's primary. he'll have to be dead for me to pry it off his hands. LOL.

maybe during our next practice i can sneak in a game or something since he wants to break in his Ego11. :tup:

Posted Image

#721 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:58 AM

Clone GT came in today! :wub:
i'm open for name suggestions, female names only!

Posted Image

Posted Image

and i haven't seen one picture that does the color justice... it's absolutely beautiful!

Edited by JGARRIGUES0001, 09 May 2012 - 02:10 AM.

#722 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 03:00 AM

Selene... named after Kate Beckinsale's character in Underworld. :)

Posted Image

#723 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM

Congrats on the pick up!

Edited by seriouslysilly, 09 May 2012 - 12:51 PM.

#724 JGARRIGUES0001

JGARRIGUES0001

idk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

not a bad idea...

Congrats on the pick up!

thank you!

i used to get so pissed anytime somebody said Geo 2s kick like mules ( i had one ).... then i shot the clone and about lost it. im floored at how smooth it is... i was wondering/speculating about how smooth it would be and i wasn't even close... it's kind of crazy

#725 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:08 PM

yup... geos are pretty much jackhammers compared to a VX/GT :) :P

Posted Image

#726 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:09 PM

I'll find out in a few days. My VX'd clone gets here... Maybe I'll shoot my geo 2 and clone side by side.

#727 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:20 PM

I vote for Gertrud.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#728 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

Well this morning I came up with cygee for my rx after I saw you were looking for a name.

#729 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

Here it is "marvel-ized"

Posted Image

Edited by seriouslysilly, 09 May 2012 - 05:40 PM.

#730 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Here it is "marvel-ized"

Posted Image

jesus dude... put some damn spoiler tags on that sh!t before you SHOCK us with it. LOL.

:tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

only thing hotter would be if Scarlett Johanssen was holding it..... naked. :P

Posted Image

#731 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:41 PM

damn it SS, stop blinding us with so much swag.

Edited by akt22, 09 May 2012 - 09:00 PM.

#732 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:48 PM

not a bad idea...

Congrats on the pick up!

thank you!

i used to get so pissed anytime somebody said Geo 2s kick like mules ( i had one ).... then i shot the clone and about lost it. im floored at how smooth it is... i was wondering/speculating about how smooth it would be and i wasn't even close... it's kind of crazy

Congrats as well.

I too had a geo 2 around the time I just got a vx so I could make comparisons. At first, I was disappointed but it took a while for me to find out my vx had some poor sealing orings. Not enough to cause a leak, but enough to significant enough to affect performance.

That said, it was still as smooth as a geo 2 despite having bad orings lol.

#733 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:58 PM

I might be a few years behind but I'd like to join :D

Posted Image

#734 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

I might be a few years behind but I'd like to join :D

Posted Image

welcome aboard!

Posted Image

#735 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 05:57 PM

My VX'd clone gets here on Tuesday, with an almost full insert kit. :wub:

#736 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:40 PM

My VX'd clone gets here on Tuesday, with an almost full insert kit. :wub:

One poppet, one spoolie....both MACDEV....WIN SAUCE :tup:

Posted Image

#737 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:45 PM

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

#738 SpaceMan

SpaceMan

SpaceMan is Unstoppable

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,552 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:16 AM

I picked up a .685 insert off a friend so I've got that and the stock .691 so I'm good to go until paint gets even smaller

#739 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 12:27 AM

I picked up a .685 insert off a friend so I've got that and the stock .691 so I'm good to go until paint gets even smaller

Good stuff.

And Hebiki, I don't know about you, but when James always hints at the new cyborg, it kills me. He won't even give any details, he just says how they have been working on it for a while, etc., etc..

#740 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

Good stuff.

And Hebiki, I don't know about you, but when James always hints at the new cyborg, it kills me. He won't even give any details, he just says how they have been working on it for a while, etc., etc..

i hear ya.. but i know when its coming out ;)

you coming to ASG on the 19th?

Posted Image

#741 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:23 AM

Good stuff.

i hear ya.. but i know when its coming out ;)

you coming to ASG on the 19th?

I can try to make it. Are there any events on that day, or would we just rip up the airball walkons? ;)

#742 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 01:50 AM

no events. just team practice for me. you can jump in one of our lines like drew did when he was there

Posted Image

#743 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:08 AM

That would be awesome. I've never been there before, how does it work? I pay entry and bring my bag to airball?
What time will you gets get there/be there till? And how much paint should I bring?
Sorry bout all the questions, just am kinda detail oriented.

#744 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 02:52 AM

That would be awesome. I've never been there before, how does it work? I pay entry and bring my bag to airball?
What time will you gets get there/be there till? And how much paint should I bring?
Sorry bout all the questions, just am kinda detail oriented.

we pit right next tothe airball field. about a 50ft walk. you pay entry and air. $25. pit out of your car.

we get there around 830am..we leave whenever we run out of paint. which is usually around 2pm. i bring 2 cases. but for the 19th i might bring 3 because of a heavy practice schedule i have a planned.

Posted Image

#745 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 May 2012 - 09:19 AM

Okay, so when I go I'll remember to park really close to the airball field and I'll bring 2 cases. I might get there a tad later than you guys just cause I live a little over an hour away, and I don't have my license till August. (my rides aren't alway punctual)

I'll make a call later this morning and confirm if I can go.

#746 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 03:05 AM

sigh, the joy and sorrow of being the guinea pig for the first batch of GT's

#747 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 04:05 AM

sigh, the joy and sorrow of being the guinea pig for the first batch of GT's

what happened with yours now?

Posted Image

#748 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

damaged asa threads.

#749 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:00 PM

damaged asa threads.

Sorry, but :lol:

#750 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

damaged asa threads.

Sorry, but :lol:

where's that middle finger emoticon when I need it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users