19 replies to this topic

#1 the.cheese

the.cheese

Join the cheese army

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

so im a dumbass and this past weekend i took the barrel off my gun and shot a couple shots and they went like 10 feet. what is it about barrels that makes them go far
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...

Why does TechPB attempt to solve all problems with shitting on stuff? Hahahaha.

#2 PistolPete93

PistolPete93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:53 PM

The gas forces it out the barrel. Without the barrel the paintball isnt being forced anywhere.
youtube.com/PistolPete93PB

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:55 PM

It's not that the barrel does anything special, it just provides enough space for the gasses to expand and propel the paintball.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

The tip of the bolt expels the air from the valve. That air expands and dissipates. Without a barrel, the air expands out in all directions, with no control. The barrel controls the direction of the air expansion and escape. The air expands behind the ball, pushing it out of its way, in order to return to the pressure of the surrounding atmosphere. Without a barrel, the ball is pushed out of the way a little bit and falls a few feet in front. With a barrel, the air is controlled to expand and escape down the barrel, in one direction, pushing the ball out with it. It accelerates the ball and sets it in motion along a path that carries it far.
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Well if you put a paintball in a car tunnel and tried to blow it, its not going to go anywhere, if you stick a paintball in your barrel and blow on it, its going to come out the other end. Its all to do with expansion of gasses and how much pressure is in a certain place and all that crap.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 the.cheese

the.cheese

Join the cheese army

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 663 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

i see the light now
it seems that EVERY gun these days shoots ropes, money, tits, lasers, etc....put this in your sig if yours still shoots the other team...

Why does TechPB attempt to solve all problems with shitting on stuff? Hahahaha.

#7 brokeballr14

brokeballr14

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:05 PM

barrels are magic.
THE GAME

#8 Justbunkeredyou

Justbunkeredyou

That one airballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

barrels are magic.

I loled Posted Image

#9 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:28 PM

barrels are magic.

I loled Posted Image

i rofl'd Posted Image

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#10 tomayy

tomayy

What it do gucci

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

haha one epic day i was cornered by like 3 people and i was playin tight and had a few balls left and i was unloading on this guy and my barrel fell off haha like 10 feet in frojnt oof me it was crazy haha i was fucked. But yeah without a barrel the air just disperses in different directions, with a barrel it forces the air foward so the air is much more powerful.

#11 THETUNK

THETUNK

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,726 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

haha one epic day i was cornered by like 3 people and i was playin tight and had a few balls left and i was unloading on this guy and my barrel fell off haha like 10 feet in frojnt oof me it was crazy haha i was fucked. But yeah without a barrel the air just disperses in different directions, with a barrel it forces the air foward so the air is much more powerful.

how did you manage that?

My Feedback +3
if you're arguing on the internet, you've already lost.
R.I.P BORG

#12 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:02 PM

barrels are magic.

I loled Posted Image

i rofl'd Posted Image

I lmao'ed B)

#13 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:27 AM

without an oring on the back of the barrel some guns with alot of kick can vibrate the barrel loose do this for a while while laning without checking it and boom paintball catches the back of the barrel and it flies off. theres a video of a snake player shooting with a dm who shot his barrel off and continued laning it almost looked like they were going somewhere due to the milling of the dm's but i cant be sure.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#14 bil3336

bil3336

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 09:57 AM

without an oring on the back of the barrel some guns with alot of kick can vibrate the barrel loose do this for a while while laning without checking it and boom paintball catches the back of the barrel and it flies off. theres a video of a snake player shooting with a dm who shot his barrel off and continued laning it almost looked like they were going somewhere due to the milling of the dm's but i cant be sure.

had that happen with my ego six snap shooting all of sudden my barrel poped off the other guy just shot the barrel on the ground and we both lol'ed but putting on a oring fixed that right up

#15 AnBu_JR

AnBu_JR

Blessed with a curse.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 10:19 AM

Vid or shens.

I also subscribe to the philosophy of Carl Segan. The solution to all of our problems is figuring out the universe. Our differences as people: rich or poor, Muslim or Christian, white or black simply fade away when we understand our true position in the universe - our true purpose to explore, learn and understand.

Posted Image
+1/0/-0Feedback

#16 SkittlesBT

SkittlesBT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:11 AM

2:08?

My link

#17 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:16 AM

2:08?

My link

It appears here his barrel snapped off, not unscrewed. I would think he would take the time to put it back on unless the other guy is 10-20ft away.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#18 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:35 AM

ever blown a paper spit wad out of a straw?

Straw to short, no waddy waddy.

Straw to long: Blue facy facy

Straw just right: Splat.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#19 thed3monvisionz

thed3monvisionz

Thats me up there ^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:07 PM

The tip of the bolt expels the air from the valve. That air expands and dissipates. Without a barrel, the air expands out in all directions, with no control. The barrel controls the direction of the air expansion and escape. The air expands behind the ball, pushing it out of its way, in order to return to the pressure of the surrounding atmosphere. Without a barrel, the ball is pushed out of the way a little bit and falls a few feet in front. With a barrel, the air is controlled to expand and escape down the barrel, in one direction, pushing the ball out with it. It accelerates the ball and sets it in motion along a path that carries it far.

He's got it

Barrel=Chuck Norris round house kick, you see when you take off the barrel you take off the "Chuck" effect, when it is on the "Chuck" Effect kicks the ball to holy hell.

#20 drwoolynipplez

drwoolynipplez

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 04:41 PM

gases expand and propel the paintball out! making it go further
setup: empire axe, 68/45 dxs, pinokio
Feedback +6/0/-0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users