5 replies to this topic

#1 pbfreek

pbfreek

Nooblet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:42 AM

Friends are super lazy about learning anything about the operation of paintball markers, so I generally help them with the little knowledge I have but I am stuck on this one.

My friend's Etek is shooting under 200 fps, even with the regulator set to its max output pressure there is only a real jump of around 10 fps from the lowest pressure to the highest. LPR is flush, I checked the shim stack to make sure they are placed correctly. It has to have to do with the pressure right? But there seems to be nothing wrong. Let me know if you have any ideas.

Edited by pbfreek, 02 August 2011 - 10:43 AM.

THE PARK
Posted Image
/0/0 TechPB 5/0/0 PBN

#2 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:50 AM

First off, maxing out the HPR is not a good plan. You will actually decrease your FPS if the reg is outputting a normal amount of pressure, because the ram wont be able to open the poppet as well due to all the pressure. I would rebuild both regs, and the rammer, and try again. That is going to be the most likely cause. Then, I would double check the Dwell, and make sure that the LPR screw is flush. And after that, try switching the battery. If none of those work, report back.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#3 pbfreek

pbfreek

Nooblet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:09 AM

First off, maxing out the HPR is not a good plan. You will actually decrease your FPS if the reg is outputting a normal amount of pressure, because the ram wont be able to open the poppet as well due to all the pressure. I would rebuild both regs, and the rammer, and try again. That is going to be the most likely cause. Then, I would double check the Dwell, and make sure that the LPR screw is flush. And after that, try switching the battery. If none of those work, report back.

I understand the idea of a sweetspot and after that either increasing or decreasing the output pressure will cause a loss in velocity but we tried half turns from the lowest output to the highest output and there was no change in velocity.
I will double check the regulator and do a factory reset on the board, it has been doing this for a long time so it is not low battery.
THE PARK
Posted Image
/0/0 TechPB 5/0/0 PBN

#4 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:11 AM

Why couldnt it be a low battery? I would switch it anyway, just to be sure.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

#5 pbfreek

pbfreek

Nooblet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:20 AM

Why couldnt it be a low battery? I would switch it anyway, just to be sure.

It has been doing this for the last year we have been playing, he has been borrowing my 05 ego since then, but we have changed the batteries during this time. But I have not tried resetting the board, maybe he messed with it. I will also check out the rammer to make sure it is it is not damaged in anyway. What I am praying for is that the valve is not damaged but I haven't checked on the valve. We try to work on it every time we get out to the field where we have a chrono since we live in the city we really can't work on this problem at home. So unfortunately I wont be able to bring any updates to this forum anytime soon.

Edited by pbfreek, 02 August 2011 - 11:21 AM.

THE PARK
Posted Image
/0/0 TechPB 5/0/0 PBN

#6 Latsabb

Latsabb

Your resident gun whore.

• Retired Staff
  • 10,625 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, popping out the poppet might not be a bad plan. Check the spring on it, and make sure that it is all good, and then put it back together and hope for the best. My Ego 5 was having problems with pressures so low that it wouldnt shoot paint even out of the barrel. I opened it up, dug everything out, and just put it back in without finding anything wrong, and it magically worked. Something might just be sitting badly, who knows.
Oderint Dum Metuant

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users