6 replies to this topic

#1 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

Since I want to try photography, I need a camera. My limit is like $350. Best one in that price?
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#2 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 11:40 AM

Well... that kinda depends on what you want to get out of it and how much effort you're going to put into it. If you already enjoy taking pictures and want to learn more by taking a class at the local community college, then you'd do well to find a used DSLR body with a basic lens. If you're more of a point and shoot, auto settings kinda guy, and just want to take decent pics without having to put a ton of effort into it, then you may want to take a look at a superzoom with image stabilization - the Canon SX30IS and Fuji S series come to mind. I have the SX30IS myself, and it's a fine camera for the $329 I paid for it - but due to the smaller sensor size and lens configuration it can't keep up with a D series Canon. I'm okay with that, though - I'm no professional, and as much as I'd like a DSLR, in order to get the capability of the super zoom in a higher quality format I'd be spending several thousand dollars instead of several hundred.

#3 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

Thank you. Im more of a point and shoot, I just want a camera that takes nicer images with out the expensive price tag.

Edited by G4paintballer, 02 August 2011 - 12:46 PM.

Feedback 10/0/0

#4 ultimadrift

ultimadrift

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 04:38 PM

Like most things in life nice and expensive don't go together :P

#5 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 06:42 PM

Thank you. Im more of a point and shoot, I just want a camera that takes nicer images with out the expensive price tag.

The camera has nothing to do with whether or not it takes nice pictures. You can take shitty photos with a $3,000 camera and a $2500 lens (which I've seen), and you can also take museum-quality photos with a cell phone camera (which I've also seen).

If you're thinking a better camera is your way to taking better pictures, you should do a bit more research before you go buy a camera and take a bunch of photos on Auto.

People think I'm a dick when I tell them stuff like this, but it's the truth.

That being said, for within your budget, I've had no bad experiences with the Nikon Coolpix S6100. Slim and sleek, easy to use (if you're one who embraces the whole touchscreen-era), decent optical zoom range.. and $160 on Amazon

Edited by Jalen, 03 August 2011 - 06:50 PM.

I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#6 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

I meant with nicer like the images just had a sharper look
Feedback 10/0/0

#7 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

keep combing through craigslist.
ANY dslr will better than a point and shoot in general. any canon or nikon dslr should serve you well.

keep in mind though, theres no point in getting a DSLR if you arent willing to learn how to use it properly

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users