11345 replies to this topic

#851 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:30 AM

I think a person should at least understand how the gun operates before they buy one. You don't need to know EVERYTHING but you need to know the basics. Like buying motorcycle without even knowing how to operate the throttle. You just shouldn't do it. People should just take the time to learn about what they are going to buy, instead of impulse buying...

Edited by Muffin man, 22 January 2009 - 02:30 AM.

C.O.C #42

#852 wgp2002

wgp2002

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:44 AM

although i agree that you should learn things about what you buy .. i did little to no research before i bought my first autococker.. my friend had one and it was badass so i got one. But after i bought one i read about how they worked and was hooked. im not even sure i would have understood what i was looking at if i tried to research it before buying
The lesson here is love your gun dont give a shit about what people say about it.. if it fits you keep it if not move on. I get enough crap from kids who think autocockers are shit when most have never shot one. Every angel I ever shot was smooth but they were out of my range so i went with an autococker instead. Now I have a couple and they are my babies. Love the sport Love your gun whatever it may be and Love yourself .. maybe not in that order. CockerOwnerClub

#853 licustoms

licustoms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

herro!!

I still need a way to protect my wires, licustoms gave me good one but I have no idea what to look for specifically, anyone else have anything?

Here are two sites to check out (with the searches already done to give you the results to look for.)
Outpost.com
http://shop3.frys.co...r...&submit.y=0
FrozenCPU.com
http://www.frozencpu...r....x=0&go.y=0

But yes... you can also find this stuff at Radio Shack or Lowe's/Home Depot.

You do want it to be just big enough to go over the connector and hopefully kinda already snug around the wires. I have not seen the connector on the MQ2 in person yet so I can not instruct you on how to take the connector off to slip the heat shrink over just the wires. If you are able to take the connector off carefully and preserve the pins and wires perfectly without too much trouble then I would try this. If you are not comfortable trying this then just try to find heat shrink that will fit over the connector and onto the wires as snug as possible without having to tug on the wires too much. If the wires are fairly thin, then I would not want to have to pull on them very much in order to get the heat shrink on over them. From what I have seen from pictures and videos of the MQ2 valve and wires, they appear to be that of either 16 or 22 gauge wire (which is not very thick, in which is somewhat easy to break.)

When ever you do heat shrink the wires, one other think to remember is to not put the heat source for shrinking the tubing too close to any one point of the MQ2. You don't want to hold it in one place and you don't want to hold it too close. Just for safety reasons of not to damage the connector, wires, or any other parts of the valve or the such.

One other thing I thought of is that if you do have the MQ2 (Just saw a video of the unit being taken apart carefully and such that was posted in this forum few pages back) you could take it apart as they do in the video in order to have the heat shrink tubing cover more of the wire all the way back up towards the solenoid its self. When putting it back together again though, it may prohibit the protective casing to be put back together correctly depending on the thickness of the heat shrink tubing as well as the opening for the wires to go through the casing. If you are able to, just check it out when you get the tubing or since its kinda cheap enough for the tubing in any case and if you are able to try multiple thicknesses then get more than one thickness.

You do want to get a piece that is going to be long enough to cover the whole of the wires and then cut to length the remainder if there is too much material.

Just a few ideas I had. If/when you do get a piece that works for it, let everyone else here know what you used exactly and if it will fit through the protective housing back towards the solenoid or the such. Hope this all helps! ~ Thanks.

#854 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:01 AM

I think a person should at least understand how the gun operates before they buy one. You don't need to know EVERYTHING but you need to know the basics. Like buying motorcycle without even knowing how to operate the throttle. You just shouldn't do it. People should just take the time to learn about what they are going to buy, instead of impulse buying...

yay! someone who agrees with me!

i love that more people are buying cockers, im grateful mike did a show on them...but i still think he shoulda gave them a bit of a heads up about the psychoballistics ones being mis-timed and leaking straight from the factory.

and im totally diggin that orange 03 prostock up there, dont think ive ever seen one that color before. but please take that dye ram off before it starts leaking on you.
Cocker owners club #37

#855 licustoms

licustoms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

Yeah I want to protect the whole wire though.

Well I have some of this heat shrink tubing I got from HD so I had some Q's

1. When shrunk how well can it protect the wires? Does it get hard enough to protect from accidental wire cutting?(My MQ2 spontaneously shifted on me and the plastic tube on it saved it but got cut it self :( )

2.If it doesn't can I add more to it?

I have more but I cant think of them right now

1. It can protect it to a certain degree. There are different thicknesses of heat shrink tubing so the answer just depends on the thickness. If you had some kind of solid plastic tube on it and it got cut by an impact perhaps from shooting the marker and having the valve/solenoid shift or something to that effect then heat shrink tubing may not protect it from multiple shifts. I would think that the medium to thicker varieties would help from shearing the wires at least 1 to 3 shifts or times or whichever. Otherwise - you might want to keep some kind of plastic protective cover over the heat shrink as well as a just in case possibly.

2. Yes - you can keep building up heat shrink tubing as much as you would like. Why not make an experiment about the shifting of the MQ2? Then make as similar of an experiment as possible to the heat shrink tubing in different thicknesses and such and see which amount or kind would suffice being used the best. Then post your results on here? I do not have the privilege of owing an MQ2... yet. I only make 200 a month right now and living even off of that amount is kinda hard when I still have bills to pay :/ Otherwise I would be most happy to just do the experiment for everyone here myself.

Cheers!

#856 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:04 AM

i dont like all this talk about wires..

got electrocuted today = :(

but electrocuting co-workers = :)

it was only 56 volts (half a wall outlet basically), but it definately still falls under the "not pleasant" category.
Cocker owners club #37

#857 licustoms

licustoms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:07 AM

holy fuck, holy fuck, HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!! GOD DAMN SUPERFUCK AWESOMENESS!!!!

This is the best video I've ever seen on the internet HANDS DOWN!! It's like whoever made the video read my mind and picked my two hottest dream girls EVARZ!!

sorry just had to tell someone, carry on.

Whichever one you were "doing" you'd be thinking about the other one. :blink:

Had to tell someone - I've just ordered a BNIB Nexus ram, Nexus Dart LPR and QEVs for the beast.

Looks like I'll be performing some major surgery on my karni next weekend. :rolleyes:

Sounds like you are having Christmas all over again. :)

#858 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:09 AM

all of a sudden i feel the urge to post a page's worth of milla jovovich pics...
Cocker owners club #37

#859 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

FASTER THAN THE SPEED OF PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 03:38 AM

Here are two sites to check out (with the searches already done to give you the results to look for.)
Outpost.com
http://shop3.frys.co...r...&submit.y=0
FrozenCPU.com
http://www.frozencpu...r....x=0&go.y=0

But yes... you can also find this stuff at Radio Shack or Lowe's/Home Depot.

You do want it to be just big enough to go over the connector and hopefully kinda already snug around the wires. I have not seen the connector on the MQ2 in person yet so I can not instruct you on how to take the connector off to slip the heat shrink over just the wires. If you are able to take the connector off carefully and preserve the pins and wires perfectly without too much trouble then I would try this. If you are not comfortable trying this then just try to find heat shrink that will fit over the connector and onto the wires as snug as possible without having to tug on the wires too much. If the wires are fairly thin, then I would not want to have to pull on them very much in order to get the heat shrink on over them. From what I have seen from pictures and videos of the MQ2 valve and wires, they appear to be that of either 16 or 22 gauge wire (which is not very thick, in which is somewhat easy to break.)

When ever you do heat shrink the wires, one other think to remember is to not put the heat source for shrinking the tubing too close to any one point of the MQ2. You don't want to hold it in one place and you don't want to hold it too close. Just for safety reasons of not to damage the connector, wires, or any other parts of the valve or the such.

One other thing I thought of is that if you do have the MQ2 (Just saw a video of the unit being taken apart carefully and such that was posted in this forum few pages back) you could take it apart as they do in the video in order to have the heat shrink tubing cover more of the wire all the way back up towards the solenoid its self. When putting it back together again though, it may prohibit the protective casing to be put back together correctly depending on the thickness of the heat shrink tubing as well as the opening for the wires to go through the casing. If you are able to, just check it out when you get the tubing or since its kinda cheap enough for the tubing in any case and if you are able to try multiple thicknesses then get more than one thickness.

You do want to get a piece that is going to be long enough to cover the whole of the wires and then cut to length the remainder if there is too much material.

Just a few ideas I had. If/when you do get a piece that works for it, let everyone else here know what you used exactly and if it will fit through the protective housing back towards the solenoid or the such. Hope this all helps! ~ Thanks.

1. It can protect it to a certain degree. There are different thicknesses of heat shrink tubing so the answer just depends on the thickness. If you had some kind of solid plastic tube on it and it got cut by an impact perhaps from shooting the marker and having the valve/solenoid shift or something to that effect then heat shrink tubing may not protect it from multiple shifts. I would think that the medium to thicker varieties would help from shearing the wires at least 1 to 3 shifts or times or whichever. Otherwise - you might want to keep some kind of plastic protective cover over the heat shrink as well as a just in case possibly.

2. Yes - you can keep building up heat shrink tubing as much as you would like. Why not make an experiment about the shifting of the MQ2? Then make as similar of an experiment as possible to the heat shrink tubing in different thicknesses and such and see which amount or kind would suffice being used the best. Then post your results on here? I do not have the privilege of owing an MQ2... yet. I only make 200 a month right now and living even off of that amount is kinda hard when I still have bills to pay :/ Otherwise I would be most happy to just do the experiment for everyone here myself.

Cheers!

Oh damn if only you were a couple days earlier this could of saved me alot of time :(

but what I ended up doing was using 3/16 heat shrink tubing and putting it on AFTER I installed the MQ2 because if you do it before installation is damn near impossible without damage to the wires. I cut a small 1/4 inch piece and slipped it on and then applied heat. Also I had to double layer it. If theres anything you'd like to know about how it turned out ask me :tup: (I use this smiley way too much but its just so damn awesome)

yay! someone who agrees with me!

i love that more people are buying cockers, im grateful mike did a show on them...but i still think he shoulda gave them a bit of a heads up about the psychoballistics ones being mis-timed and leaking straight from the factory.

and im totally diggin that orange 03 prostock up there, dont think ive ever seen one that color before. but please take that dye ram off before it starts leaking on you.

Actually I have to disagree with you guys, im with wgp2002 on this one. I too bought my cocker with little knowledge on its function. Buying a new gun isnt a research project IMO, its going out and buying something you like and learning more about the world behind the gun.

it was only 56 volts (half a wall outlet basically), but it definately still falls under the "not pleasant" category.

LAWD I hate getting electrocuted too it just plain sucks, unless your caught off guard and its funny.

all of a sudden i feel the urge to post a page's worth of milla jovovich pics...

We should vote and have a girl of the month thing thatd be cool, anyone agree?

Edited by ABOMBER760, 22 January 2009 - 03:39 AM.

#860 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:32 AM

Actually I have to disagree with you guys, im with wgp2002 on this one. I too bought my cocker with little knowledge on its function. Buying a new gun isnt a research project IMO, its going out and buying something you like and learning more about the world behind the gun.
<snip>

Buying a gun isn't a research project, but it is a significant purchase. Most players spend a significant portion of their disposable income on a marker. You should do your homework on big transactions like that.

Let's stick to the paintball discussions. If you want a "girl of the month" thread, she should either be holding a marker, be a paintballer, or your on the wrong forum.

Edited by Iram, 22 January 2009 - 05:45 PM.

#861 RetroDisease

RetroDisease

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:38 AM

Hey guys I have an autococker that I used to use before I got my shocker. any recommended upgrades to the shocker to improve its performance its a autococker trilogy.

#862 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 05:44 PM

Hey guys I have an autococker that I used to use before I got my shocker. any recommended upgrades to the shocker to improve its performance its a autococker trilogy.

Eblade, good externally adjustable inline reg that's pressure range centers around 300 psi, and lots of paint.

#863 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

<snip>

Buying a gun isn't a research project, but it is a significant purchase. Most players spend a significant portion of their disposable income on a marker. You should do your homework on big transactions like that.

Let's stick to the paintball discussions. If you want a "girl of the month" thread, she should either be holding a marker, be a paintballer, or your on the wrong forum.

Yes but what you do is compare prices, thats still not researching how it functions.

Well we go off topic enough to have small pic of a voted topic and it is my thread so if it is decided it will happen, if it isnt then it wont, plain and simple.

#864 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:06 PM

I wasn't saying you need vast amounts on cocker knowledge, but if you ask someone why the bolt keep closing when you air it up... then you probably shouldn't have bought it.

Its not like you have to know how everything works on the gun, but you need to know the basics. like I said.. its like buying a motorcycle without knowing how to give it throttle... or an electronic gun without knowing how to turn it on.

Impulse buying is bad.

C.O.C #42

#865 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 07:09 PM

yeah I agree with that much.

Anyone though know things about board electronics? The bottom half my E2 still wont light up :( (It's not that battery)

#866 Iram

Iram

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

<snip>

Yes but what you do is compare prices, thats still not researching how it functions.

Well we go off topic enough to have small pic of a voted topic and it is my thread so if it is decided it will happen, if it isnt then it wont, plain and simple.

I've only once bought a gun without at least holding it, pulling the trigger a few times, and reading the manual cover to cover, and that was my first gun; I don't even think it came with a manual, and a friend who owned one showed me how to completely take apart and clean it before I made the purchase. "RTFM" goes a long ways.

#867 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:12 PM

I've only once bought a gun without at least holding it, pulling the trigger a few times, and reading the manual cover to cover, and that was my first gun; I don't even think it came with a manual, and a friend who owned one showed me how to completely take apart and clean it before I made the purchase. "RTFM" goes a long ways.

:lol: It really does. When I bought my first gun I too held it and analyzed it for at least an hour and a half but prior to that had no knowledge of its function still, and I didnt read the manual until way later. I bought mine at a proshop though where they give you enough info and maintenance tips to get you going

#868 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

I say call an eclipse tech, someone out there my still be willing to give a shit about the grip frame.

Anyways, My halfie was the only gun I bought without holding. But I knew how raceguns operated and how a cocker functioned.

Edited by Muffin man, 23 January 2009 - 12:26 AM.

C.O.C #42

#869 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 12:52 AM

I'll shoot'em an email

oh and nice sig muffin

#870 hipnopath

hipnopath

Cut it up Fresh.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 01:13 AM

May you add my video of my Karnivor to the member's list? I know there's an Alias, but the Karnivor is after.

http://www.youtube.c...re=channel_page

#871 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

why not just add your other vid of it in psp ramp?

#872 Rebel_816

Rebel_816

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 02:42 AM

lol very nice sig muffin..

i bought my karnivor new, it was my first cocker and i really knew nothing about them....but i dont think i would reccomend buying one used if you dont know anything about them. wgp sets everything where it needs to be from the factory, but who knows what someone else could have done.
Cocker owners club #37

#873 Ronin_Kambei

Ronin_Kambei

That guy everyone hates at the end of the day.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:40 AM

Is st possible to find a karni anymore ?
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") <a href="http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=1596" target="_blank"><b>C.O.C</b></a> (chicks dig the c.o.c) #999 !Canadian Baller! Etek Owners Group

#874 wgp2002

wgp2002

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:48 AM

ive been hit with a car battery and a couple wall sockets.. one blew me over a chair.. my arm twitched for a day or two but no permanant damage.. thank god..

as for the research thing i got my cocker from wgp when wgp was much more solid .. i didnt do research into the functioning but the reputation of the company and the marker i got.. so it wasnt completely blind.

firstcallpaintball still has some red karnivors new inbox for sale both on ebay and on their site.. or atleast they did last week..

i bought my karnivor used and lucked out .. the only thing the guy screwed up on my gun was cosmetic which bothers me but ill deal with it. But i got a good deal on mine 250 shipped with belsals ram w qevs and an ans beavertail its a more uncommon color too which is nice..
The lesson here is love your gun dont give a shit about what people say about it.. if it fits you keep it if not move on. I get enough crap from kids who think autocockers are shit when most have never shot one. Every angel I ever shot was smooth but they were out of my range so i went with an autococker instead. Now I have a couple and they are my babies. Love the sport Love your gun whatever it may be and Love yourself .. maybe not in that order. CockerOwnerClub

#875 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 04:40 AM

I didn't make my sig, I stole it from Racegun... but ty.

C.O.C #42

#876 hipnopath

hipnopath

Cut it up Fresh.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 05:03 PM

why not just add your other vid of it in psp ramp?

I would hate for people to say that ramping takes no skill and is for noobs, and I wanted to see how my gun is for semi, but whatever, I could add it also.

#877 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

NXL full auto and PSP ramping are only for noobs that don't play pro! /sarcasm.

Edited by Muffin man, 23 January 2009 - 06:47 PM.

C.O.C #42

#878 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 07:02 PM

/sarcasm.

You know theres a smiley for that, an it has super epic powers

meet my friend the dodgy
:dodgy:

#879 Muffin man

Muffin man

The baker with a gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:12 AM

I prefer my / sayings =P

Heres a pole. What color laser eyes?

Orange
Green
Red
yellow
Blue
Purple

I am making myself some laser eyes. For my gun all I need is an ultra bright LED with about 10k mcd, and replace the IR led with that. If I get blue or purple tho I might have to change the photo LED also.

I am leaning towards orange... even tho my anno will be green/black. I think the orange looks best.

Edited by Muffin man, 24 January 2009 - 02:14 AM.

C.O.C #42

#880 left handed

left handed

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:50 AM

Just started a cocker project and I want your guys' opinions:

Body: VF Tactical
Pneus: CCM 4-Way (Shooting for a Besales when I have the money), PPS Rock or Shocktech FGP, Clippard Mini-Ram (shooting for a .44 special when I have the money)
HPR: Dye Hyper2 (trying to get a AKA 2Liter when I have the money
Frontblock: Looking for a nice mini one when I have the money
Lowertube internals: MacDev Red Valve and Kit
Backblock: Black Magic Back Block with Black Magic bolt (hoping to get a CCM backblock and maybe a Shocktech Supafly bolt or some comparable bolt)
Frame: Benchmark Double Slider
Feedneck: XSV Clamping Feedneck
Barrel: Redz Pepper Stickz Kit
Read. Now.
RussianLegionFan#8
The only thing you need to wipe...is your ass.
Parents Don't Pay Clan

Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

#881 wgp2002

wgp2002

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:19 AM

a legit vf tactical? or a trilogy tactical.. i always wanted one of the origional tacticals.. they just seemed so uncharacteristic of wgp yet cool with a built in shroud.. setup seems nice.. but may i ask why dump money into a gun if you are just going to upgrade it later.

Unless you have the parts now save up for the better part. the stock wgp parts will suffice until you can build it up otherwise you are blowing money away.

Otherwise it is a nice setup got any pics?

#882 left handed

left handed

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:32 AM

The ones on this page.

All parts are still in the mail currently. I also just got those parts because I needed it working for February 8th so I can show up my friend who says cockers aren't shit sooo....;)
Read. Now.
RussianLegionFan#8
Parents Don't Pay Clan

Speedball has nothing to do with how fast you shoot and everything to do with how fast you move. - Crawdaddy (PBF)

#883 wgp2002

wgp2002

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:37 AM

its a nice setup you may find you wont even need to change anything once you tweak everything the way you like.

#884 left handed

left handed

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:41 AM

That's what I'm hoping. I might just swap some things out for the sake of color, but I might just keep her the way she is. Though I do need a real mini front block since I'm improvising with the frontblock I'm getting.
Read. Now.
RussianLegionFan#8
Parents Don't Pay Clan

#885 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 04:24 AM

well youd have to mini the body. If it's already minid THEN you can look for a mini front block, but the only ones I really see are the stock WGP ones with the positive 15* bend. They go for about $40, I got mine for a steal of $25 but where I bought mine they dont sell them anymore :(

Also PPS sells really nice front block kits if your interested.

Edited by ABOMBER760, 24 January 2009 - 04:24 AM.

#886 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

hey abomber760, i watched your videos on youtube and then saw you posted them under member videos here too. I was wondering since i have some videos of my cocker, could i post them here too?

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#887 left handed

left handed

Arms Dealer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:18 PM

It's already mini'd, so I have to drop the dough for a mini frontblock. But I'll take a look at PPS.
Read. Now.
RussianLegionFan#8
Parents Don't Pay Clan

#888 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 01:57 PM

I dont think I ever posted up my pride and joy 2K1 cocker for all to see yet. well, here it is. bought for $200 and put $200 more into it.

Posted Image I love this gun, but strangly, my stock Trilogys can still almost compete with it. I made a video a while back addressing that.

Edited by Kevin, 24 January 2009 - 01:59 PM.

My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#889 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:35 PM

hey abomber760, i watched your videos on youtube and then saw you posted them under member videos here too. I was wondering since i have some videos of my cocker, could i post them here too?

sure just give me a link and I'll post it up.

It's already mini'd, so I have to drop the dough for a mini frontblock. But I'll take a look at PPS.

Micro Kit

Quick Kit

I dont think I ever posted up my pride and joy 2K1 cocker for all to see yet. well, here it is. bought for $200 and put $200 more into it.
I love this gun, but strangly, my stock Trilogys can still almost compete with it. I made a video a while back addressing that.

Thats a sexy beast there, but I think if the trillys are keeping up that means your 2K1 can use some tuning possibly.

#890 DanDaMan

DanDaMan

The Spandex Terror

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,409 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:26 PM

Posted Image I love this gun, but strangly, my stock Trilogys can still almost compete with it. I made a video a while back addressing that.

What's with the SP sticker? lol. Otherwise, I love it. She's a beaut.

-Dan

#891 wgp2002

wgp2002

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

i agree with abomber you need some tuning if a stock trilly is keeping up with that..youll be amazed with what tweaking the setting will do to a cocker.. completely different animals sometimes.

#892 Iron_Man

Iron_Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:20 PM

I own a Prostock.
Its pretty much stock. But want want to get an all new front block, delrin bolt, and a pump kit, in case i ever feel like some pump play.
Put this in you sig if you feel the need to call for a paintcheck everytime you get shot... even if all you can see is orange

You're under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#893 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

I own a Prostock.
Its pretty much stock. But want want to get an all new front block, delrin bolt, and a pump kit, in case i ever feel like some pump play.

What year is it?

#894 Iron_Man

Iron_Man

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:29 PM

'04.
I bought it off of Ebay in like Nov. Figured it'd give me something to tinker wit until spring. Oh, and I have a 16" Dye Boomstick.
Put this in you sig if you feel the need to call for a paintcheck everytime you get shot... even if all you can see is orange

You're under 18 and pay for ur own gear put this in ur sig

#895 zop1o

zop1o

megasuperawesomelazerbeamrailgun ofepicdoomandstuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:08 AM

i gotta get the right wrench for my prostock. the 3 way keeps leaking like crazy. it sucks cuz its one of the star nuts.
Marq's men founder. flex owner. I AM A MUPPET! C.O.C. member 91. pump/stock players president. Karnivor Owner councilman. Old School Owner. GUN WHORE.
Posted Image
zop1o's marq and auto cocker tuning and repair services
zop1o's feedback2/0/0

#896 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

Blue Loctite FTW

#897 licustoms

licustoms

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:04 AM

yeah I agree with that much.

Anyone though know things about board electronics? The bottom half my E2 still wont light up :( (It's not that battery)

I know a bit. :)

I do not have an E2 yet though. :(

Board electronics... well, they are pretty general with any kind of electronic that uses a PCB (Printed Circuit Board.)

It is possible from what I have seen with all boards in any electronic marker to have damage dealt to them fairly generally speaking since they are easily exposed to elements and to us, the users of these products.

Basically what I am trying to say about your board is that it is possible that it could have a short in it somewhere preventing it from lighting up. Are there any scratches in the board? Perhaps one of the traces (the little lines that travel from component to component like from the battery to the solenoid or from the buttons to the LED's perhaps) have been shorted or broken?

Just a thought.

I would otherwise contact Eclipse about it as it may be damage done to the board from just simply touching the board with fingers as we/people can easily charge and store static electricity within ourselves and that static charge is easily disruptive to PCB and electronic components. Damage done to the PCB or electronic components usually is not visible to the naked eye. It can usually be tested pretty easily with a volt meter to see if there is current or power there.

Hope this helps any. :)

#898 ABOMBER760

ABOMBER760

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:41 PM

Yeah I sent PE an e-mail I'll see what it says when it gets back to me.

And after looking at the board the bottom half of the LCD screen seems a LITTLE bent but I have no idea how that happened and how it could be progressing because more and more of the board wont show up.

But thanks for that info licustoms you seem to our only electric tech you should be in here more :tup:

#899 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

abomber760, i just pm'ed you with the videos, thanks in advance.

My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#900 NinjaSkunk

NinjaSkunk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 05:00 PM

Hey guys, I just found this thread and thought I might join you.
Here is my setup:
Posted Image
(sorry for the huge pic) It now has a CP rail & ASA as well as a Dye UL
Whatcha think :D
CockerPunk-Why use a barrel at all? it just breaks paint.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users