• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 logain

logain

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 12:55 PM

I've been wanting to get a decent DSLR to get into photography for quite a while now and was looking to buy a D3100 new the next time i had a friend coming over from the states (i'm currently residing in France). I'm not a complete noob when it comes to photography, i've played around a lot with a 550D (notably during two millenium events).

But the other night while out with friends a friend of a good friend who is quite into his photography told me that he was selling his 500D for 250 (doesnt need it, has other cameras and a 7D on the way).

So being the humble beginner that i am i was wondering what you guys thought;

- Good deal? Really good deal?
- anything i should look out for before buying?
- Compared to the D3100?
- decent for first dslr?

I should add it comes with the default lens and apparently has seen very little use.

Thanks for your thoughts guys :)

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:10 PM

thats somewhere in the ballpark of $300 i believe, so thats a pretty good deal. i dont know enough about camera values to say whether its a "great deal", but at the very least you'll be getting a great camera for the price of an entry level DSLR.
50D is a great camera, just as all ##D camera's have been in the past. they sit in the "hobby/prosumer" range, so it'll be better in build quality and ruggedness than any entry level DSLR as well. picture quality is great too.

also, i just read it comes with the lens too which if im not mistaken is the 28-135 which is a pretty good lens.

overall at that price, it sounds like a steal to me.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:43 PM

Here's a comparison of the two regarding the technical stuff.

http://snapsort.com/...-vs-Nikon_D3100

And for 250 (what's that in USD? like $350 or something?), it's an outrageously good deal.
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users