• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redliness

redliness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:24 PM

I got a used Etek 3 LT and when i gas it up the bolt cycles once. (completely forward and then back)

Also after degassing it, its still holds enough pressure to fire once.

never seen any other marker do this.

Edited by redliness, 11 August 2011 - 06:29 PM.

#2 Iktinos

Iktinos

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 936 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:33 PM

What other markers have you used? Keep in mind, when you gas it up, air goes not only into the chamber to shoot it, but some goes into the solenoid, which is what moves the rammer, and the bolt, forward and backwards. When you get done, even turning off the air from the ASA, there tends to be some air left in the solenoid and the chamber to shoot it. This is rather typical of most electro stacked tube markers.

#3 redliness

redliness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

What other markers have you used? Keep in mind, when you gas it up, air goes not only into the chamber to shoot it, but some goes into the solenoid, which is what moves the rammer, and the bolt, forward and backwards.

With my protege, when you gas it up with the bolt/rammer in the forward postion in the breach the bolt moves back because of the pressure like you said, if you gas it up with the bolt in the back position it just stays there.

With the etek, if i gas it up with the bolt in the back postion it cycles FORWARD then back.

When you get done, even turning off the air from the ASA, there tends to be some air left in the solenoid and the chamber to shoot it. This is rather typical of most electro stacked tube markers.

the protege completely purges itself after degassing, but thats not really a big deal, i just thought the 2 "issues" might have been connected.

Edited by redliness, 11 August 2011 - 06:54 PM.

#4 OOG671

OOG671

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 10:26 PM

Pretty normal....there are quite a few markers out there in which the bolt will move forwards when you first gas it up. It's inherent in the design of these markers. There are also a lot markers out there that still hold air despite degassing/removing your tank from the marker. My Ego 11 completely purges the air so it doesn't have air inside the marker when I degas. However, my A1 Fly doesn't purge the air completely so when I degas I have to fire 1-2 shots to completely remove the air from my A1 Fly. Sometimes the marker will release it on it's own as the air starts to escape and is no longer able to make a complete seal. You usually hear a slow hissing sound or a fast-loud hissing sound. However, it's best that you shoot your marker with eyes off every time you degas and make sure there is no air in your marker as a precaution. It's also why you should always have your barrel sock on before gassing up your marker. To often people gas their marker up without even putting the barrel sock on.
Pro Jerseys FST Feedback:http://www.techpb.co...showtopic=61562
Muppet #72, Christian Baller

#5 redliness

redliness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:54 PM

thanks

:tup:

#6 BillNyePBGuy

BillNyePBGuy

If you dont get it, you're Sofa Kingdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

Theres nothing wrong. Youre fine. Most markers will hold a shot unless they are designed to purge, which includes many high-ends.
My Sale Thread: Tank, Ion, Automag, Ion Virtue, T2W, Remote Coil

Check out Pimped Out Paintball for used markers, hoppers, other equipment and maintenance services! Our tech has been in paintball forever and knows his stuff! If you have any questions about the site please feel free to call the listed number!

#7 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 08:26 PM

While the ETek3's HPR does purge, the LPR doesn't, and so there will still be air to cycle the marker, but not fire a ball.

Posted Image

#8 PNTBALLGURU

PNTBALLGURU

San Diego Hitmen Team Captain

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

Mine does the same thing. Don't worry about it.
Posted Image
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

Come join the Speedball Mafia!
R.I.P BORG. YOU WILL NOT BE FORGOTTEN!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users