• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Shade

Shade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 11:22 PM

So the aka website calls the sidewinder a standard industry style reg and the 2-liter a pressure compensating reg. What does this mean? How does the 2-liter work compared to the sidewinder and how does it make it better (according to aka)? Thanks for any info!

#2 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:24 AM

true, the sidewinder is top of the pops when it comes to inline regs. It stands up and passes any other reg out there.

The difference b/w the sidewinder and the 2Liter (and its near clone, the 2Liter+) is that yes, it is a pressure compensating regulator. Basically it means you have to take more clearing shots (dryfires) in order to bring the velocity down after you turn the reg down.

so if you use a 2Liter, and you're at chrony, I reccoment you bring a bag of paint, or just a handfull with you. so if you're shooting hot, clear the breech, turn the reg down, take 5 clearing shots, then put paint back in and test.
Jassie's my starter:
04 Featherlight Viking|JMJ Trigger

Nautica's my trusty backup:
ICD Promaster|AKA 2L+ and SCMIII|CP roller trigger

Thinking about a Vice for new backup...hit me up if you're in GTA

#3 Shade

Shade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 09:15 AM

true, the sidewinder is top of the pops when it comes to inline regs. It stands up and passes any other reg out there.

The difference b/w the sidewinder and the 2Liter (and its near clone, the 2Liter+) is that yes, it is a pressure compensating regulator. Basically it means you have to take more clearing shots (dryfires) in order to bring the velocity down after you turn the reg down.

so if you use a 2Liter, and you're at chrony, I reccoment you bring a bag of paint, or just a handfull with you. so if you're shooting hot, clear the breech, turn the reg down, take 5 clearing shots, then put paint back in and test.

Your telling me how it affects chronoeing but how does this affect it during play?

#4 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:11 PM

you don't see any difference..both are super hi flow regs w/ impeccable consistency..they're the best inline regs i've used..I have a 2L+ on my promaster and sidewinder on my vike..rebuild them once a year and they're good as new.
Jassie's my starter:

#5 AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 01:14 PM

The only difference you will really see is in the consistency at higher rates of fire; 20 bps +. Otherwise they will perform very similarly, and you will be happy to have either one on your marker.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#6 diablo8264

diablo8264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 09:03 PM

however, teh 2 leiter will have a bit faster recharge

#7 browndogmike

browndogmike

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 October 2008 - 10:33 PM

They are both by far superior regs. I think the only difference is looks. But that's not with any proof. Feel free to correct me.
Congratulations, You can miss me 25 times a second

#8 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:22 AM

2L has more girth and is a tad shorter.
Jassie's my starter:

#9 the man

the man

young padawan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 08:14 PM

yea 2-liters have faster recharge rates and also have an option to change between high pressure and low by swapping springs

#10 diablo8264

diablo8264

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 13 October 2008 - 10:59 PM

2-leiter also has the "wow" factor wehn u go to the feild. MOst akas have a sidewinder, but very few have a 2-leiter

#11 Padre

Padre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:53 AM

i have a 2L+ on my promaster..the fact that the marker shoots ropes better than an ego is a wow factor right there LOL
Jassie's my starter:

#12 Lord Odin

Lord Odin

3 may keep a secret if 2 of them are dead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:25 AM

I love my 2 Liter. I have one on my A5 and one on my ION Longbow. Being able to put it on either HP or LP is great. Best reg I've ever owned.

#13 zWarlord

zWarlord

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 02:56 PM

The pressure compensation bit is an added feature of AKA regs to prevent spikes in pressure through the marker. If the pressure from you tank spikes most regs will also spike thier output pressures as a result. The 2L will simply vent the excess pressure thus preventing a "hot shot" from your marker, or a potential overpressurization of delecate internal parts.

#14 Dirtybird8855

Dirtybird8855

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 09:00 AM

The pressure compensation bit is an added feature of AKA regs to prevent spikes in pressure through the marker. If the pressure from you tank spikes most regs will also spike thier output pressures as a result. The 2L will simply vent the excess pressure thus preventing a "hot shot" from your marker, or a potential overpressurization of delecate internal parts.

They might be bulky but they are bar none one of the most effective regs out. You can pull it out of the box and shoot with consistent pressure.
How bout I answer your question with another question; can you find Chuck Norris?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users