• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:59 PM

Well i have no use for my MR4 as of late so i want to do something with it. I would really like to make it a bolt action, first strike "sniper". We will burn the first strike bridges when i have more free time. I went through vikings website spump tutorial and it sparked a few questions. First, would i really have to slot the striker, allowing the bolt to move up passed the ball stack? The regular action of the MR4 doesnt do this so why would i have to modify it that way? Shouldn't i just have to disable to blow back on the valve and after each shot, recock the striker and bolt on the sear? More questions will probably arise with more thinking but thats all for now.

#2 ExtremeFacepainter

ExtremeFacepainter

Das Boot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:19 AM

Yes there is a reason for slotting the striker but I'm unsure of the reason at the time.

#3 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

Yes there is a reason for slotting the striker but I'm unsure of the reason at the time.

it turns it into a closed bolt
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#4 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

You could do it without slotting the striker. Slotting the striker is solely for the purpose of allowing the bolt to move independently of the striker.

#5 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

You could do it without slotting the striker. Slotting the striker is solely for the purpose of allowing the bolt to move independently of the striker.

then its not bolt action, bolt action means u manually move the bolt backwards and then forwards, without slotting the striker it would move backwards and just cock
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#6 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:57 PM

^ Essentially thats bolt action, or pretty damn close as long as it doesnt recock on its own which means its a semi, just wouldnt have the back and forward like real rifles. They tell you to slot the striker to allow the bolt to seal the ball stack off prior to shooting but by doing that i would have to reposition the detents to allow the ball to move into the forward postition as well. Just seems kinda unnecessary for all that. Wouldnt that slow the ball down as well because the intial movement of the bolt coming forward is canceled out?

#7 DruidicRifleman

DruidicRifleman

The Celtic Warrior who BBQ'd your village

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 01:33 AM

It's been done and is very double

You need to Separate the Bolt from the hammer So you Can Control when the ball is loaded

Infact

Posted Image

She could look like this and Since I know someone will ask it's not mine I can Let you know where to contact the person who owns it

Edited by DruidicRifleman, 31 August 2011 - 01:35 AM.

Current Set up SP1 with a Ninja 90/45 and Velocity And always rocking a Nerf sword
back Up A5 72/30 Pure energy JJ custom barrel

We Killed Humans FOR WE ARE BORG!!!!! RIP In the great PB field in the sky man YOU will BE MISSED!!

Posted Image

#8 nu2this

nu2this

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 10:15 PM

thats a lot of stuff done to that, very nice. project will start soon, keep you updated

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users