• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Jon Eering

Jon Eering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:06 AM

Okay, so I talked it out with this guy to purchase his DP threshold for 300, plus an extra 25 for shipping to Canada.

He sent me the Paypal invoice and I payed it 20 minutes within recieving it. I have been trying to get a reply from him and he has completely neglected replying to any of my PM's thus far and they have been read.

http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=2848325 <-- There's the original trade posting in the BST.

What should I do guys? Is there anyway I can retract my payment?

Any help is very appreciated.

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:20 AM

did you get hes phone number, you should have hes address through pay pal. find it out and then find out he number and call him up. PBN is not going to help you, you are on your own good luck.

#3 Jon Eering

Jon Eering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:25 AM

Unfortunately I did not get his phone number. If he won't reply to my in PM's what would make him reply to me on the phone? Hrm. I've worked hard for my money and if I get scammed by this prick there will be hell to pay.

#4 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

yea the problem is what are you going to do leave bad feedback. i mean if you don't have any info to call hem how are you going to do anything. This is relay your fault that you didn't get all this info before hand. i relay hope it goes right but im just saying.

he has ok feedback, just give hem time. and once again i relay hope it works out for you.

#5 Boylsie

Boylsie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:31 AM

make a paypal claim
then post the link to his selling thread in it as proof
then also take screenys and put them in
that will be enough proof to get your money back

#6 dominatrig

dominatrig

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 12:34 AM

ima try helpin you xD i'll tell him i wanna buy, get his shit for u, and help yo out

EDIT: and btw, listen to boylsie.. make a paypal claim
PMR Special Edition.....here's teh group!!
80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!!!

#7 MaD

MaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:53 PM

Sometimes things happen in people's personal lives that cause bad communication and delays. IF they're a known good seller (with good feedback) then give them a few. Sometimes there are shipping glitches as well. I'm not sure in your case if it's true, but do have reasonable expectations. I've had folks expect things get there overnight and send 3 PMs a day....which in those cases will promptly be ignored. Since it appears to be international realize it would have to go through Customs which may add up to a week to the shipping time.

Since these types of problems are quite common on that other site, I would wait about 2 weeks after you sent payment then file a paypal dispute. Go into your paypal account, click on "Resolution Center" then click on the "Dispute a Transaction" button. Follow the process... it's actually pretty painless.

I've found that paypal is very effective about dispute resolution. I haven't had to do one in a while but it used to be that once the dispute was filed, the seller's paypal account would be locked from transactions until the dispute was resolved. In order to resolve it, the seller will need to provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery... or if / when you receive the item you can close the dispute.

#8 AndrewFalk

AndrewFalk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:54 PM

Paypal issues take forever to get resolved. My identity was basically stolen and it took me over a month to get $900 back.

Images used in signatures are to be less than Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is allowed in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are allowed. No text larger then size 2 is allowed in the signature.

#9 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 02:55 PM

Sometimes things happen in people's personal lives that cause bad communication and delays. IF they're a known good seller (with good feedback) then give them a few. Sometimes there are shipping glitches as well. I'm not sure in your case if it's true, but do have reasonable expectations. I've had folks expect things get there overnight and send 3 PMs a day....which in those cases will promptly be ignored. Since it appears to be international realize it would have to go through Customs which may add up to a week to the shipping time.

Since these types of problems are quite common on that other site, I would wait about 2 weeks after you sent payment then file a paypal dispute. Go into your paypal account, click on "Resolution Center" then click on the "Dispute a Transaction" button. Follow the process... it's actually pretty painless.

I've found that paypal is very effective about dispute resolution. I haven't had to do one in a while but it used to be that once the dispute was filed, the seller's paypal account would be locked from transactions until the dispute was resolved. In order to resolve it, the seller will need to provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery... or if / when you receive the item you can close the dispute.

good post sir.

#10 EKKsoldier622

EKKsoldier622

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:32 PM

What I have done on PbNation is buy a lot of stuff in the NIB section, this will build your feedback. So that when you sell something or buy something (works better for Selling) on PbNation you can demand/state/request to have the other person to ship first. The feedback you have built up will prove your trustful. After that, the feedback just starts building upon itself.

I also tend to release some of my information to the person; including address,name,phone number,parents phone number. This way they know they can track you down if you screw them, but that won't happen, so no worries.

Hope This Helps
East Koast Kids
MySpace

#11 .Fred

.Fred

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 03:47 PM

Before buying something i ask for personnal informations, i mapquest his adress and ask question like for a street near his home to be sure hes telling truth, also call the phone number he gives you to be sure there is no error or that he just gave a fake one.

Also, send half the money to the guy on paypal get the delivery notification THEN send the other half. If he try to screw you you only lose 150$ instead of 300$

I have a gillion of good feedback so i never ship first and this solves alot of problem on my side, in case that you have the same as the other guy do, send the money then you can send the package. Package once sent cant be cancelled paypal payments can.

Anyway wish you best of luck.

THANKS R-M-I!

#12 Heywod

Heywod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:07 PM

go to the B/S/T Theft Report sectin on PBN those guys in there truly are AMAZING and will get your money back
aim = HeywodJahblomeh
XBL = Heywod

#13 c0tt0n i joe

c0tt0n i joe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:14 PM

If you used paypal you should be able to just cancel your payment.

#14 pbgunner93

pbgunner93

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:25 PM

cancle the payment and make sure you post him on pbn as a scammer
Team "Nuclear Dinosauer Commandos"
Thanks for helping us get a team name, pm me if you wish to join this team
LilBill78: "do all electric hopper use batterys?"

#15 MaD

MaD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 05:30 PM

If you used paypal you should be able to just cancel your payment.

Huh? You can't just cancel a payment to someone once you've sent it and it's been processed. The only case you *might* be able to do that is if you do the e-check thing and never transfer the money. This clearly shows up in the other persons account as uncleared though and they'd be silly to ship before it's cleared (it actually says that right on the transaction).

Yeah... this is directly from Paypal's site...

"Q: Can I cancel a payment that I've already sent?

Answer : You can cancel only unclaimed payments. If your payment is complete, please contact the recipient of the payment to request a refund.

Unclaimed payments can be canceled for the following reasons:
A payment sent to an email address is not associated with a PayPal account. Once the email address is added to a PayPal account, the payment is automatically credited to the balance of that account.
A payment is sent to a recipient with an unconfirmed email address. For security reasons, PayPal can only credit payments sent to a confirmed email address.

If you cancel an eCheck payment or Instant Transfer, PayPal cannot cancel the withdrawal from your bank account. The amount will be credited to your PayPal account balance. "

#16 INOSKEDYOU

INOSKEDYOU

What's barrel tapping?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 04:10 AM

Before buying something i ask for personnal informations, i mapquest his adress and ask question like for a street near his home to be sure hes telling truth, also call the phone number he gives you to be sure there is no error or that he just gave a fake one.

Also, send half the money to the guy on paypal get the delivery notification THEN send the other half. If he try to screw you you only lose 150$ instead of 300$

I have a gillion of good feedback so i never ship first and this solves alot of problem on my side, in case that you have the same as the other guy do, send the money then you can send the package. Package once sent cant be cancelled paypal payments can.

Anyway wish you best of luck.

Please note that you can only make a claim if you pay for something in full and not it parts

#17 Hazmat Paintball

Hazmat Paintball

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:23 AM

Hopefully you get your money back, or you get the produc that you deserve. However, next time get ALL of the peoples contact information, such as phone numbers, email addresses. etc.
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#18 ExcessiveEgo

ExcessiveEgo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 06:10 PM

you hafta file a paypal claim against him, its not just retracting a payment, its saying that he unjustly got your money, and it will put a hold on his paypal account, and he will not be able to touch his money..... and as soon as you get his gun, cancel the claim and he can use his account like normal...

and he was online today, if he isnt responding to you, it is intentional
Competition doesn't kill companies........Smartparts does........AKA for life

My Collection - My Collection Updated

#19 CQB102

CQB102

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 08:53 PM

DONT BUY OFF OF ********!!!!
--> Cheap paint and Qloaders DO NOT mix. <--

--> www.redzcomfort.com <--