8 replies to this topic

#1 armypb4

armypb4

serious face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

okay so i think somone asked me what abc paintball in west milford was like. i went this weekend and this is what i discovered.
pretty good field, just a few bones to pick. basically, the paint there was not good. the highest grade paintballs they had were graphiti. aside from that they had heat and stingerz and ink'd paintballs also (and some more i cant remember lower grade) and i dont know if they were just poorly stored, but i was ripping into people and they didnt break really at all. literally, i threw one on the ground as hard as i could, and it bounced back and hit me in the face (everybody started laughing at me until i explained that that wasnt supose to happen). another thing i dislike was that i called them the day before and asked if the airball field was set up. the lady told me yes. i show up, and there are no bunkers and the field is not even close to being finished. they were renuvating the field, and it was at least 2 months away from being done. also there only field is a large woodsball field with stick piles and other bunkers
on to the positive
this is the field for new players. if you have someone new you want to bring a friend who is new to the sport, take him there. the field was very safety orinented, so also if your parents want to see how safe paintball is, this is also the place to go. the referees were pretty good as far as being informative to the newer players and they did there best to check and stuff. the head ref (i believe his name is reese, sorry if that was mispelled) was amazing. he pretty much ran the field, and he did a very good job of it. at one point, there was a bear near the field (welcome to NJ) and he and the other refs did an amazing job of keeping the players safe and getting the bear away safely. we were back to playing in 5 minutes. the field was well taken care of, and i did havre a pretty good time despite not having an airball field.

overall, like i said, this is an amazing place for newer players. next time i have a new friend to take, this is where i am going. i dont want anyone to think that this field is bad at all, it really was a positive expeirence. not so much the greatest place for tourny players (although the way they were taking care of that airball field and preparing it looked very promising). if they can get some new paint and get that airball field running, i will be returning, very expecting. if you have any questions, feel free to post them in the thread and i will try to answer them to the best of my ability

Edited by armypb4, 17 September 2011 - 08:07 PM.

Pain only lasts a minute. Glory lasts a lifetime
V force grillz, Dye C4 jersey,JT 08 pants, Empire hinge pack, socks and sandals, Ninja peanut tank, black BL vice with UL barrel, empire magna drive

#2 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:50 PM

I might give this field a look sometime, however so far I'm extremely satisfied with Painball Depot. Their woodsball fields are outstanding.

#3 armypb4

armypb4

serious face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 05:42 AM

I might give this field a look sometime, however so far I'm extremely satisfied with Painball Depot. Their woodsball fields are outstanding.

they are really expensive though

Edited by armypb4, 06 September 2011 - 05:42 AM.

V force grillz, Dye C4 jersey,JT 08 pants, Empire hinge pack, socks and sandals, Ninja peanut tank, black BL vice with UL barrel, empire magna drive

#4 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

they are really expensive though

True, but I play pump so it doesn't really bother me... I pay $45 max if they don't have any discounts that day.

#5 armypb4

armypb4

serious face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:12 PM

ima try newbreed next

#6 grantr

grantr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

do u know when the airball and other woodsball/scenario field will be open thnx

#7 armypb4

armypb4

serious face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

do u know when the airball and other woodsball/scenario field will be open thnx

i only know of the airball field they are coming out with. i hadnt heard anything about new woodsball fields. i know the airball field should be done shortly if it already isnt. if you want to go there for airball, i would suggest calling ahead to find out before you drive out there. like i said though, it looked like it was pretty near being done. they just needed to put in bunkers

#8 pykim01

pykim01

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:16 AM

abc's airball field will be up hopefully in a few weeks. everything's setup apart from the fact that they need the grass to grow a few times and cut it. BYOP is great compared to paintball depot which has some ridiculous prices and they dont have an airball field. my home field is new breed and i love the service and the people.

what happened at abc was the town had to repair the pipes under the whole field which sucks. the good (they got a LOT of money from the town) the bad (they only have 1 field now but working on rebuilding everything all day and all night) a ref at abc says they plan to try to hold local tournaments and such at the new airball field so we'll see.
just smile =)

#9 JNard829

JNard829

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:37 PM

Update: I just recently went to abc and it was pretty nice. Great prices, good mix of new players and experienced players, good on saftey. They just put up a new field too nothing spectacular but a lot of fun to play

#10 seriouslysilly

seriouslysilly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,395 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 03:04 PM

Looks nice. I may try this place out as well

#11 TheRS402

TheRS402

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 04:56 PM

Hey Everyone,
I play at ABC every weekend. It is a great beginner field with a woodsball field, castle field (new) and speedball field.
RATINGS-
Safety- 10 out of 10
Fields- 7 out of 10
Refs- 9 out of 10
Rentals- 7 out of 10
Prices- 8 out of 10
Gun Tech- 10 out of 10
OVER ALL- 8 out of 10

#12 Original Gangsta

Original Gangsta

My name is a lie.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:10 PM

Can you request to play just airball for the whole day?

I show up at a field that I never been to before for some rec-play wearing cargo pants with a t-shirt....carrying a old mech Spyder and two pringle potato chip cans for pods shoved in the pants pockets. The stares are priceless and after the first game or so you get to see the grins from the ref and players who know....priceless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users