Photo

The Smart Parts owner club, Smarting Your Parts since the 1990's!

• Please log in to reply
5507 replies to this topic

#5351 andy u

andy u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

I wanna join!!!! This is my envy!Posted Image
Setup: GOG enVy, empire halo too, V-force grillz, ninja 68/4500

#5352 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Its that cold in Indiana? Winter is my favorite time to play paintball, and my local field remains quite populated during the cold months.

No, It was like 46 degrees today. Some places just close down in the winter because there isn't enough interest, and not nearly as many people play when it gets colder.

I keep solving one problem with my shockers (eigenbolts), then another one will arise. Anyone know what my problem could be if I air them up and the first shot the bolt only moves half way, or not at all? It'll just puff and the air doesn't leave the bolt. then after a certain amount of shots it fires and then go back to half cycling or no cycling and so on. I've tried wiping all the lube off and putting less on it several times, even tried it with more lube than usual and got the same results. Hpr is set at 175 with both, I've tried adjusting it and that was no help to the problem.

I'm thinking it's the orings I swapped on it, because messing with the amount of lube and messing with my dwell and abs settings aren't making much of a difference at all.

Any thoughts are welcome. I'm down to about 800 psi in my tank though...

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#5353 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

I think I had the same problem, but I got my shocker running today and it is a champion. Though I don't know what fixed it, I changed the battery, lubed the two bolt guide o-rings with dow 33 (used the orange ones that came with the bolt), and put some oil on the bolt oring. After that, it shot perfectly.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5354 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

I think I had the same problem, but I got my shocker running today and it is a champion. Though I don't know what fixed it, I changed the battery, lubed the two bolt guide o-rings with dow 33 (used the orange ones that came with the bolt), and put some oil on the bolt oring. After that, it shot perfectly.

My shockers apparently magically work no matter what I do to 'em. I don't remember any of them breaking on me.... ever....

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5355 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,702 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

They're not broken, I just can't get them to shoot right anymore lol.

I'm ordering a few different types of orings, that way I can mess around with them and see which ones work best with the eigenbolts. I think my orings are too tight, or I'm not using the right size rings somewhere and it's causing "Pneumatic lockout" and keeping them from shooting. They were working fine with the old orings I had in them, I just wanted to do a completely fresh rebuilds on both of them and afterwards they both started acting up the same way. So it's gotta be the orings I used I'm thinking.

I guess you shouldn't fix what isn't broken :P

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#5356 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:43 PM

They're not broken, I just can't get them to shoot right anymore lol.

I'm ordering a few different types of orings, that way I can mess around with them and see which ones work best with the eigenbolts. I think my orings are too tight, or I'm not using the right size rings somewhere and it's causing "Pneumatic lockout" and keeping them from shooting. They were working fine with the old orings I had in them, I just wanted to do a completely fresh rebuilds on both of them and afterwards they both started acting up the same way. So it's gotta be the orings I used I'm thinking.

I guess you shouldn't fix what isn't broken :P

That's the problem with the eigenbolts. They have so little margin for error it only takes something like the wrong material o-ring to cause problems. Reminds me of my experience with my friends G6r and a few Vics I've seen at the field.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5357 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

reminds me of my old DM9. Even a change in temperature meant the difference between a fine shooting marker, and a bolt sticky- shoot down mess. Thats why I like my poppets. And oddly, nothing like that happens when I use my old PM5.

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#5358 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:16 AM

Nice looking setup. I dig the old Nitro Duck tank too, haven't seen one of those in awhile.

its old but get the job done.. heres my vibe now

Posted Image
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#5359 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

paint...

new vid:

Edited by Kevin, 22 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#5360 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

The blue to gold? Thats a TonTon SFT, all OG parts. Just took new pics of my baby girl, uno momento...

Posted Image
Posted Image

Anyway the NDZ arnt too bad. Personaly i love the critical triggers and if your on a budget, CP hands down.

what kind of shocker it this
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#5361 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Blahblahblah

/picofbeautifulnxt

blahblahblah

what kind of shocker it this

It's just a normal NXT, it look really nice though.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#5362 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

Yup, that's SweetV's personal NXT. I don't remember if he was the one who got it anno'd pink, but he told me the grips (and a matching Halo shell) were custom made for him by SPD.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#5363 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:51 AM

lol double post fail :P

Edited by nighthunter, 23 January 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#5364 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Oh ok. The reason I'm asking is because I'm getting a new stf shocker. That shocker made me want to get one. I'm over ready to get it and start building it the way I want it.

#5365 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:13 AM

Yeah, that's the beauty of Ions and Shockers. You can make one completely yours without spending a ton.

#5366 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:26 AM

I'm over ready. I've now it just depends on if we can finsh the deal.

#5367 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:53 AM

You gotta love shockers. Considering you can get stock or even upgraded sft shockers for around $200, add $100 for a tournament capable board and a lurker eigenbolt, and another $50-$100 for whatever other upgrades you want such as a new trigger and you have one of the best used spool valve markers on the market. I'd probably take my shocker over pretty much every $400 or less used marker out there.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5368 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

You gotta love shockers. Considering you can get stock or even upgraded sft shockers for around $200, add $100 for a tournament capable board and a lurker eigenbolt, and another $50-$100 for whatever other upgrades you want such as a new trigger and you have one of the best used spool valve markers on the market. I'd probably take my shocker over pretty much every $400 or less used marker out there.

Heck the shocker I got for 165 has a BH board. One thing I've been wondering is where to buy a trigger though? I havent really seen any around, for the sft at least.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#5369 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

Heck the shocker I got for 165 has a BH board. One thing I've been wondering is where to buy a trigger though? I havent really seen any around, for the sft at least.

The NDZ Slik triggers are my favorite I've found, Punishers have some but only in blue. You can find other triggers on a bunch of sites. If you're willing to spend $50 Critical has a sft trigger that's probably pretty nice considering its critical.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5370 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

The NDZ Slik triggers are my favorite I've found, Punishers have some but only in blue. You can find other triggers on a bunch of sites. If you're willing to spend $50 Critical has a sft trigger that's probably pretty nice considering its critical.

Cool, I found some on ebay for $20 Posted Image Have you tried the CP triggers? It's around the same price, and I'm just wondering how they feel. Slightly different design which I think I like more.

My Feedback +14/-0

#5371 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

I've never used the CP triggers, they look a lot like the stock triggers and I'm not a huge fan of rake triggers, which is why I haven't ever tried one.

Fixed.

Edited by LV Backpacker, 23 January 2013 - 04:17 PM.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5372 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Yeah, rake triggers are definitely best.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 23 January 2013 - 04:15 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5373 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

CP labels their triggers weirdly, I'll just say I like PE/Violent/Critical style triggers, and the ndz slik is the cheaper option for sft triggers in that style.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5374 hillcow

hillcow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yeah, rake triggers are definitely best.

What do you like about them over the scythe or sling triggers?

#5375 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm always able to walk the triggers better when the bottom is as far back as possible; it just works best for me. So for instance my 09 Impy trigger is phenominal.
Spoiler

While scythe triggers feel really uncomfortable to me, like these:
Spoiler

#5376 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm always able to walk the triggers better when the bottom is as far back as possible; it just works best for me. So for instance my 09 Impy trigger is phenominal.

Spoiler

While scythe triggers feel really uncomfortable to me, like these:
Spoiler

I'm pretty much the opposite.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5377 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm used to rake triggers, but I dont have too much of a preference. The main thing I'm concerned about is I find the sft trigger frame to be small already, so if my trigger had a bump in it it'd take up some room. The size of the trigger frame and crappy trigger are really my only(minor) problems with the shocker. I absolutely love everything else about it.

My Feedback +14/-0

#5378 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

That's one of the reasons I'm going to Shego my Hybrid. The Hybrid frame has a proprietary trigger, so I can't change it from the scythe. Also, the Tadao board has one of the heaviest microswitches I've ever encountered; it's nearly impossible to walk it normally. Plus with the Ego frame I get a screen on the board.

#5379 hillcow

hillcow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I have the Violent trigger for my eXTCy, which is a scythe. I would like to try a rake trigger on it, but there isn't one that uses bearings.

#5380 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

I have the Violent trigger for my eXTCy, which is a scythe. I would like to try a rake trigger on it, but there isn't one that uses bearings.

I could actually hit a consistent 13bps with the stock trigger on my vibe. Never really felt like I needed a different one. I plan on keeping my shocker for a long time though, so I dont mind putting some money into it.

My Feedback +14/-0

#5381 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

That's one of the reasons I'm going to Shego my Hybrid. The Hybrid frame has a proprietary trigger, so I can't change it from the scythe. Also, the Tadao board has one of the heaviest microswitches I've ever encountered; it's nearly impossible to walk it normally. Plus with the Ego frame I get a screen on the board.

So you're going to shego one shocker and I remember you saying you wanted to mech another. How many shockers are you going to own?

As to triggers, my second gun I owned was a Etek 3 and after that I had an Ego 9 so I got used to the PE triggers. Add in the Geo+ I had, my ebladed Karni and my Geo 3 and I've just gotten really used to PE triggers. In between the Ego and Geo I had two different Bob Longs, both with scythe style tirggers and a legend, so I've not really used a rake or sling trigger since my Azodin Blitz other then the stock sft trigger.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5382 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM

I've only got two shockers right now, the Hybrid and a Stock purple/black NXT. The NXT I got for cheap cause it had cycling issues, just needed a few o-rings swapped out and it was good to go, but I really want to mech it instead of keeping it as a backup shocker.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 23 January 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#5383 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:30 AM

my idea for my shocker is a two face grips and from their to custem the anno

#5384 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Trying to see if anyone wants to get on SO chat tonight. Let me or Nighthunter know if you're interested.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5385 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

Trying to see if anyone wants to get on SO chat tonight. Let me or Nighthunter know if you're interested.

I think I have SweetV corralled into getting on if anyone else wants to.

#5386 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

Just an old pic with my Eclipse.

Posted Image

My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#5387 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

So, I was just wondering: how many people here would be interested in a group jersey?

#5388 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • 10,217 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

It would have to have an Impulse on it. :dodgy:

My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#5389 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

It would have to have an 09 Impulse on it. :dodgy:

Fixed

#5390 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I can't really tell if you're showing legitimate interest or just being sarcastic :P

#5391 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:05 AM

I may be interested, depending on price point.

#5392 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

It'd probably be from AnimalCustoms, so $64.99 for a standard jersey, and $79.99 for the "tournament version."

I'm not entirely sure how or if I'd do it myself.

Edited by nighthunter, 30 January 2013 - 12:21 AM.

#5393 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:22 AM

If we're gonna do serious jerseys, I may take a crack at the design if that's cool.

#5394 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

If we're gonna do serious jerseys, I may take a crack at the design if that's cool.

If you can do something everyone likes, I have no objections.

IMO, it wouldn't have to be camo, but whatever color we go with should be able to blend reasonably well in the woods (without looking dorky on the airball field.)

Edit: would it also be safe to assume we'd need several members to order at once?

Edited by nighthunter, 30 January 2013 - 01:13 AM.

#5395 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:13 AM

You mean like purple?

#5396 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

You mean like purple?

I'm not the biggest fan of purple, but if you can sell me on the design, sure.

#5397 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,111 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

Lol, honestly though, my first reaction is to do something in greys. Black/grey goes good with any color gun.

#5398 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

Yeah, I was thinking either grey or a shade of green or blue. I also love desert camo, but idk how many people would go for that.

#5399 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:18 AM

Urban camo looks good anywhere

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5400 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I second black/grey, but that's also one of my favorites.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users