illusion990

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:24 PM

Yep I'm now console forever perma banned on a console
I've spent a few thousand on over the years
Since day one I have owned one and gone through all the issues many XBOX users have
Today I am banner and pissed off
Why ban me when I didn't do anything and have a policy where you can't tell me why

SCREW YOU M$

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

That's been happening to random people recently. Hopefully they'll fix the problem.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 sticktodrum

sticktodrum

Paintball's Lovable Prince Of Parody

• Players Club
  • 11,910 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:27 PM

I'll bet this is similar to the people who say they were banned from the chat room here for no reason...
Gerber, Surefire, TOPS, and Cold Steel all suck the big one. Buy quality products, not junk. :-)

#4 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:39 PM

That's been happening to random people recently. Hopefully they'll fix the problem.

What do you mean, is this something likely to happen or is it more like one in a million?

#5 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'll bet this is similar to the people who say they were banned from the chat room here for no reason...

Nah stick, this is actually a problem. I have seen alot of videos on youtube about it.

But im pro ps3 so this doesnt effect me :P
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 10:42 PM

I've recently heard that it's been randomly happening to people with clean consoles, and that it might be an issue with Microsoft.

#7 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 11:48 PM

I got console banned and somebody at M$ decided that they would respond to my emails on why I got banned. They told me that it was a bug and to try again in a few weeks.

Might as well email them and see if it helps you.

#8 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:52 AM

The same thing happened back in 07.
Posted Image

#9 TheBlueFlame44

TheBlueFlame44

4 more years till automatic laces!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:17 AM

And people bitch about PSN having problems.

I've heard of this happening before. This is another reason why I'll never buy an Xbox 360.

Well, maybe I would. Just to play Crackdown or Forza though.

Edited by TheBlueFlame44, 09 September 2011 - 11:02 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:24 AM

lol its ok if xbox goes down, but if ps3 does it's all OMFGBBQ THIS IS WHY PS3 SUX HURRRR <_<
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#11 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

http://deltagamer.co...rketplace-theft

Maybe you should tell us the whole truth, thief. What were you doing illegally that go you the ban. Don't be playing the I didn't do anything card here, the only reason that you would have been banned is for illegally accessing content on the XBLA marketplace. Something that you were 100% fully aware of what you were doing. Maybe next time you should actually buy something instead of stealing.

During the course of a recent investigation, we have discovered users who illegitimately accessed Xbox LIVE Marketplace downloadable content. Our investigation reveals that this access was intentional and not accidental, constituting a blatant violation of the Terms of Use for the service. We will not divulge additional information regarding individual suspensions for these offenses.Please know that we are being very careful regarding these suspensions, and have clear evidence regarding each account issued a permanent suspension from the service. We apologize for any frustration or confusion resulting from our inability to share individual details, and thank you all for your cooperation in this matter.

Edited by drexler, 09 September 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#12 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

I got console banned and somebody at M$ decided that they would respond to my emails on why I got banned. They told me that it was a bug and to try again in a few weeks.

Might as well email them and see if it helps you.

It's not a bug on Microsofts part. It's 100% intentional.

#13 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:48 AM

Wow, angry much? I just found out my friend's console was banned too, and I can guarantee you he did nothing to earn a ban. Why don't you chill out before assuming you know what's going on? It's entirely plausible that there are flaws in their system. Have you ever heard of a company being 100% right all the time?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 09 September 2011 - 11:49 AM.

#14 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

Wow, angry much? I just found out my friend's console was banned too, and I can guarantee you he did nothing to earn a ban. Why don't you chill out before assuming you know what's going on? It's entirely plausible that there are flaws in their system. Have you ever heard of a company being 100% right all the time?

This isn't a automated ban, this is Microsoft swinging the ban hammer down on thief's. People who they've tracked taking part in non jtaged XBLA thief. I've got no sympathy for people like him. I agree with stick on this issue, he's not telling us everything. Especially the day AFTER microsoft starts banning these people.

http://www.computera...CVG-General-RSS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx8hG5NqpIY

Edited by drexler, 09 September 2011 - 12:48 PM.

#15 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:52 PM

I know why the bans are happening, but again, do you think Microsoft is 100% without fault all the time? I KNOW there was no stealing going on with my friend's account, as I play with him all the time. It's on the console, not just over live, so I've physically seen the state of his account before the ban. He doesn't download or buy anything from the XBLA, or anything like that. He turns on the console, gets in whatever game, and plays multiplayer. That's the extent of his actions, and was banned anyways.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 09 September 2011 - 12:53 PM.

#16 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

I know why the bans are happening, but again, do you think Microsoft is 100% without fault all the time? I KNOW there was no stealing going on with my friend's account, as I play with him all the time. It's on the console, not just over live, so I've physically seen the state of his account before the ban. He doesn't download or buy anything from the XBLA, or anything like that. He turns on the console, gets in whatever game, and plays multiplayer. That's the extent of his actions, and was banned anyways.

And how am I supposed to take your word on this? I haven't seen the console or the account.

Edited by drexler, 09 September 2011 - 12:54 PM.

#17 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

I've been banned 4 times now, all for when idiots go "HURR HURR M2AF EVERYONE REPORT COOKIEBISQUIT FOR HAXING".

4 have been day bans, and one of the bans were for a week. They even banned me on my birthday once, bastards.

- I don't want you telling people how to brick other peoples consoles- Millertime

Edited by Millertime, 09 September 2011 - 01:25 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 12:59 PM

You don't have to. It's not something I would lie about anyways, but feel free to doubt me, since you so clearly hold MS up on that pedestal of unfaltering glory. I support the banning of actual thieves and hackers, but not without proof, which MS won't show.

Also, you still haven't answered my question: Do you really think MS is 100% mistake free when it comes to bans?

#19 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:05 PM

You don't have to. It's not something I would lie about anyways, but feel free to doubt me, since you so clearly hold MS up on that pedestal of unfaltering glory. I support the banning of actual thieves and hackers, but not without proof, which MS won't show.

Also, you still haven't answered my question: Do you really think MS is 100% mistake free when it comes to bans?

Actually, no I don't hold M$ up on a pedestal

No, I don't believe that they're 100% mistake free, but I do believe that the OP has involved with a TOS violation that's he's not sharing with us. A thread popping up the day after a mass ban involving something that is easily differentiated within the XBL community. Proclaiming his innocence, I have a extremely hard time believing that. All they need to do is look at the purchase history and compare the content they've got on their console. Flick the switch, banned. Hell your friend may have even gotten a map pack for free or something along those lines that resulted in the ban.

#20 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 01:34 PM

I have to side with Drexler on this one, It's kind of like the people on Craigslist UK Selling a bunch of BNIB Ipods during the riots after a shit ton of them got stolen...Just sayin'

Still, hit them with an email, if they tell you it was a bug, it was, if they refuse to tell you, then you obviously fucked up.

As much as i hate feeding people money for shit that should be free, I'm not a theif...all the time.

Most of the time.

Sometimes.

Probably...Maybe.

#21 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:50 PM

I just wish they would at least give some proof, instead of simply declaring a ban and moving on. Unfortunately, even if they did make a mistake, they wouldn't own up to it, because then it casts doubts on their detection software, which is the last thing they want.

#22 ConradNorCal

ConradNorCal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

I've been banned 4 times now, all for when idiots go "HURR HURR M2AF EVERYONE REPORT COOKIEBISQUIT FOR HAXING".

Same here. My accounts have been reset numerous times, because scrubs get mad at me and all get together and report me for hacking (aka being too good). It's really annoying.

#23 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

I've heard of this happening before. This is another reason why I'll never buy an Xbox 360.

if thats the only reason you are a fanboy, everything has bugs the people thats say M$ doesn't are morons don't listen to them
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#24 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 08:59 PM

Well, I am unbanned with an accompanying message along the lines of, we are sorry about that.

#25 The Count

The Count

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:05 PM

My credit card information was fucking stolen due to their insane incompetence, not the same thing boss.

Edited by The Count, 09 September 2011 - 09:05 PM.

#26 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 09:17 PM

Well, I am unbanned with an accompanying message along the lines of, we are sorry about that.

So, it looks like there were some innocent bystanders that were hit. At least it got sorted out for you.

#27 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 10:26 PM

So, it looks like there were some innocent bystanders that were hit. At least it got sorted out for you.

I seriously hope the OP emails microsoft and asks what the hell is going on. I have no idea what is the deal but my friend has not even played for the last 2 weeks and it said his console was banned on the 7th, but how the fuck is he going to pirate shit from XBL if his xbox is at my house with no power brick? I think microsoft really fucked up here, it looks like they are covering their asses and this is coming from a guy who's uncle works for M$.

EDIT: I used the wrong there, I didn't want to be grammar natzi'd

Edited by aresfiend, 09 September 2011 - 10:27 PM.

#28 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:53 AM

I seriously hope the OP emails microsoft and asks what the hell is going on. I have no idea what is the deal but my friend has not even played for the last 2 weeks and it said his console was banned on the 7th, but how the fuck is he going to pirate shit from XBL if his xbox is at my house with no power brick? I think microsoft really fucked up here, it looks like they are covering their asses and this is coming from a guy who's uncle works for M$.

Nazi'd

:rolleyes:

If I had money for a PC I'd be a PC gamer. I never hear about shit like this for PC.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid
Dirt.
And the internet, but dirt was cheaper.

#29 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 12:38 PM

Nazi'd

If I had money for a PC I'd be a PC gamer. I never hear about shit like this for PC.

Lot's of gamers fail to realize that a mid range gaming rig usually costs the same or less as their entertainment system. Posted Image

#30 illusion990

illusion990

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:52 AM

Posted on there forum about the ban and planning to see what happens

Since some people doubt me I'll admit the things I HAVE. Done wrong
1. Opened console for a casemod
2. Moved dlc from two separate consoles on two separate gamertags (think this is ok)
3. Modded gamerscore ( got a 1 day ban)
And that's all nothing that should permanent ban me

#31 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

2. Moved dlc from two separate consoles on two separate gamertags (think this is ok)

If it's not to same account you've got problems.

#32 schulzy

schulzy

It hurts so good.

• Members
  • 14,843 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:08 AM

If it's not to same account you've got problems.

No, it's called a file transfer. If you had an older Xbox, with a bunch of DLC on it, and a newer one that you use with none, you can do a file transfer to get all the old DLC onto the new one.

sigwf.png

#33 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:49 AM

Boys, it depends on whether or now the DRMs were tranfered or 'hacked' when transferring content. If that device doesn't have legitimate rights to that content... Banhammer inbound.

#34 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 11:01 AM

Nazi'd

Lot's of gamers fail to realize that a mid range gaming rig usually costs the same or less as their entertainment system. Posted Image

Please explain. Like, seriously. I want to know.

Dirt.

#35 Infinity Kid!

Infinity Kid!

Infinity!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:07 PM

"Roses are red, nuts are brown, Skirts go up, pants go down. Body to body, skin to skin, when it's stiff, stick it in. It goes in dry, comes out wet, the longer its in, the stronger it gets, it comes out dripping and starts to sag,

Its not what you think, its a Barry's teabag!"

^^ I got banned for having that in my bio Posted Image

Edited by Infinity Kid!, 11 September 2011 - 12:10 PM.

Michigan paintballer #45

Infinity Legend V-force Profilers (AMBER LENS) Black/Gold Dye I4`s
Crossfire 68/45 w/ empire 2011 grey static cover. Empire 2010 contact LTD jersey/pants (Waffle)
Empire 2011 bounce/chest protector.Ghetto rigged elbow pads.
JT knee pads :) Empire 09 "hinge" 4+7 pod pack (Black plaid)
White dye rotor

#36 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:24 PM

Nazi'd

Please explain. Like, seriously. I want to know.

What do you want to know?

Take 600 bucks, buy mid-range pc parts, boom entertainment system. Gotta ask specific questions to get specific answers. Posted Image

#37 illusion990

illusion990

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:54 PM

^^^ mid range that's a budget gaming pc that's more expensive than a 360 and a ps3

#38 SpazzingZombies

SpazzingZombies

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 12:56 PM

It seems this is happening to a lot of people.

Posted Image

↪ San Diego Dynasty↩

#39 jderrill

jderrill

sexy member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:02 PM

wait. I don't understand how you were banned from life. Doesn't this mean you will have a life now?

Monocle smile
Posted Image

#40 Mexico

Mexico

Wut is hoonigan?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 02:27 PM

wait. I don't understand how you were banned from life. Doesn't this mean you will have a life now?

i was thinking the same thing

im selling my ps3 to help get a car

#41 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:27 PM

^^^ mid range that's a budget gaming pc that's more expensive than a 360 and a ps3

A budget gaming pc is between 300 - 500 bucks. Midrange is 600 - 900, high end is 1000 +

Considering that most people spend 120 bucks on a game and dlc alone, yeah. 360 is cheaper. 1 console and 1 COD game with all the dlc. About what, 350ish? That's not including the TV or sound system.

Let's look at my upgrades list come this October. I'm reusing my HDD's, case, OS and psu.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black edition - 120$
CrossfireX capable mobo - 120$
AMD ATI HD6950 2gb - 250$
8gb DDR3 ram - 50$
Total upgrade cost - around 540 bucks.
Time till next overhaul, est. 2.5 - 3.5 years.

And my PC does so much more than a console.

Edited by drexler, 11 September 2011 - 03:35 PM.

#42 TheBlueFlame44

TheBlueFlame44

4 more years till automatic laces!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:51 PM

if thats the only reason you are a fanboy, everything has bugs the people thats say M$ doesn't are morons don't listen to them

I'm not a fanboy. The PS3 isn't my only console, nor is it my favorite. I much prefer the PS2. However, the reason I don't want to buy an Xbox is because it's a badly designed piece of shit (RROD) system with waaay too many shooter games. The PS3's exclusives just far outshine the Xbox's. In fact, Sony and Nintendo always had better exclusives. However, the PS3 has its problems. The controller is up to personal preference, so I'm gonna ignore the "batwing vs. Xbox controller" thing. The PS3 is a piece of crap too, but only in terms of its design flaws (YLOD).

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, but the PS3 is just a better system, if only for the free online and superior exclusives. I also grew up with the PS1 and 2, so I'm more familiar with the adventure and platformer games, like Ratchet and Clank and Sly Cooper, as well as the controller.

Take what you will from my comment. I'm just stating why I never have desired an Xbox.
Posted Image

#43 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 01:27 PM

Might as well get another word in before this turns in to a kiddy flame war.

If you wait until around November, during Black Friday sales, you can build an awesome PC for about 300-500 bucks, you can put it in a little case and it can be a psuedo mobile entertainment center, games, movies, ect.

Better than any console.

(Team Fortress 2)

#44 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:29 PM

i still think its fucked up that since i got the red ring of death( ON MY ELITE), that they sent me a different refurbished console.
then when i plugged my hard drive in and tried to play some XBLA games without my internet connection, ALL of them were listed as demos and i couldnt play the full extent of the games
meaning any arcade game i have(i have well over 30) are not playable unless i am connected to the internet
its complete bullshit
thats why ive gona and purchsed multiples of them on my ps3, or if i know my friends have 1, they log in on my ps3, and download it to my hard drive lolz

a majority of the money purchased goes to the game developers, so they are still getting thier share from the xbox version
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#45 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 01:45 PM

They didnt transfer the console rights properly. You can actually fix this yourself, just look up DRM transfer X360.

#46 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:57 PM

If you wait until around November, during Black Friday sales, you can build an awesome PC for about 300-500 bucks, you can put it in a little case and it can be a psuedo mobile entertainment center, games, movies, ect.

Better than any console.

(Team Fortress 2)

Can't BF3 will be out by then, overhaul first week of next month.

#47 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:59 AM

Better than any console.

(Team Fortress 2)

Can't BF3 will be out by then, overhaul first week of next month.

...This is true, BUT, Can BF3 claim that it is indeed the best military hat simulator?

Of course you presumed that, Dice, your are as presumptuous as your are POOR and IRISH, NYAH NYAH NYAH

I attempted to post an image of a gentlemen of leisure, but the scaling is all sorts of messed up...so, make due with nothing.

Because that's what we had when I was a kid.

Dirt.

Edited by Wolfwood, 14 September 2011 - 01:01 AM.

#48 larryjerry1

larryjerry1

Ich bin ein Grazi.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 06:45 PM

Because that's what we had when I was a kid.

Dirt.

sigging this.

Dirt.

#49 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts