Photo

Why are the skin preferences for the forum saved on the server and not on a cookie?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chooie

Chooie

WCPCLAN.COM

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,550 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:28 AM

Ok, so all was well in my Techpb world. My laptop viewed the site in the desktop version, while my android phone defaulted to the mobile skin. I needed to look at someone's sig while browsing on my phone, so I went to their profile... couldn't see it. I had to enable the desktop skin (no problem, phone can do it, easy peasy done.) I switched it back to mobile after seeing the sig/link and turning down the guy's offer. When I went to the site on my laptop, it had decided to remain on the mobile skin... okay, so I switch it back to desktop and browse. When I go to my phone... yep, desktop skin.

WTF is going on?

also... can you please add an option to the mobile skin (or make a Mobile w/sigs skin) to view signatures?

Danke!

#2 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

It's called user agents. When you log on with mobile the system uses the mobile skin. With a PC you are sent to the regular skin. If you wish to change the skin then you over ride the system and you stay with your choice.

Keep your preference as the Desktop version. Power off your mobile then turn it back on and the system will do it's thing again seeing you are once again on mobile.

We pick up your system's signature and assign you to a default skin.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users