18 replies to this topic

#1 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Okay, so I have his idea to build a boltless paintball gun just for the hell of it. I am able to do the appropriate forming and drilling of the body but I do no know how to put threads in for the reg/barrel/feedneck/misc parts.

In a nutshell I want to build a boltless marker that is a simple blowback that uses an ion threaded feedneck, an autococker barrel, and standard regulator threads. As it is I have one possible setup drawn up for this but I have absolutely no idea on how to put threads in. This is VERY crude but tell me what you think.

Attached File  Very rough draft anti bolt paintball gun.png   27.58KB   158 downloads

I also have one in the works that uses macro out the back of the poppit area to go up to the top, again, I have no idea on how to put in threads

EDIT: Obviously this one would take some modifications to keep from ripping the o rings apart, but I plan on having holes in the edges of the bolt for air to get through.

Edited by aresfiend, 22 September 2011 - 11:35 PM.

#2 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:46 PM

You'll lose much of your air out the feed neck. You will need a system similar to the ICE Epic to solve that problem.

Alternatively, you could try a "vortex gun" style, which would constitute enormous air consumption, but have no moving parts and be capable of incredible rates of fire (like 100bps). As far as I know the biggest a vortex gun has gone as far as bore size is 6mm (Airsoft). I would recommend you use 50cal if you try a vortex gun, but If you can pull it off, that would be fantastic.

Edited by Molybdenum, 22 September 2011 - 11:52 PM.

#3 mrtwo719

mrtwo719

Knees flexin and arms T-rex'n

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:51 PM

Edited by mrtwo719, 23 September 2011 - 12:04 AM.

#4 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

I was actually thinking of maybe putting a peice of felt on the end of the blast hole so the detents would hug the ball to the felt and the air would give the ball a sudden jolt past the detents. The barrel would NEED to be .693 for this to work without the ball getting stuck, i was not really planning on the marker even getting higher than 295fps, actually im hoping it can max out at 280 for safety reasons.

Or maybe making feedneck detents so the ball in the chamber would hold a pair or quad of flaps keeping air in the chamber and keeping balls from being pushed up towards the loader as much.

#5 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:30 AM

Just something I thought of for the feedneck problem.

I did this in like 3 minutes. I'll try and update it when I get home

Posted Image

#6 spankopotomous=paintball

spankopotomous=paintball

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

Just something I thought of for the feedneck problem.

I did this in like 3 minutes. I'll try and update it when I get home

Posted Image

To get any efficency gains at all, you need to stop the air from escaping out of the feedneck... nobody wants to buy an airhog.
ICE EPIC uses a trapdoor, the NOVA uses a reciprocating barrel, a sealing "flap" could work.... it just needs to reliably seal the feedeck without interfering with the ball in the chamber.
Find a way to have the flap close reliably without squishing/ sending the chambered ball back up the feedneck, and you may have a great idea in the works Posted Image

SPANKO TO THE RESCUE!!! My Feedback +23/0/0

#7 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:18 PM

I am sthinking of putting latex seals that seal the edges below and above the next ball to be loaded.

#8 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:17 PM

To get any efficency gains at all, you need to stop the air from escaping out of the feedneck... nobody wants to buy an airhog.
ICE EPIC uses a trapdoor, the NOVA uses a reciprocating barrel, a sealing "flap" could work.... it just needs to reliably seal the feedeck without interfering with the ball in the chamber.
Find a way to have the flap close reliably without squishing/ sending the chambered ball back up the feedneck, and you may have a great idea in the works Posted Image

Yeah like I said, I literally did this in 3 minutes xD

But now that I think about it, the diameter of the feedneck would probably be too small for a rubber flap to fit in. If my thinking is right, the shorter the flap, the stiffer it will be.

Also, it seems like it would be a mini speed feed, but without the openings in it and for only 1 ball at a time.

#9 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 12:18 AM

So no help on how to put threads in?

#10 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

Threads as in for barrels? Pretty sure manufacturers mill the threads into the breach.

I guess you could try and make a huge ass tap and try that?

#11 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:34 AM

Threads as in for barrels? Pretty sure manufacturers mill the threads into the breach.

I guess you could try and make a huge ass tap and try that?

So i would pretty much get a cheap autococker barrel, fill it with concrete (i cannot melt aluminum) and force it in a slightly smaller pre drilled hole and hope it works? Same for macro and reg?

#12 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:44 PM

this thread is so far beyond ridiculous.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#13 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

I blame myself.

#14 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

I know i will either be back and say "Suck it bitches!" or "Lol. Look at this failure."

#15 Tyler1225_1993

Tyler1225_1993

DominatorPB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 09:19 AM

Okay, so I have his idea to build a boltless paintball gun just for the hell of it. I am able to do the appropriate forming and drilling of the body but I do no know how to put threads in for the reg/barrel/feedneck/misc parts.

In a nutshell I want to build a boltless marker that is a simple blowback that uses an ion threaded feedneck, an autococker barrel, and standard regulator threads. As it is I have one possible setup drawn up for this but I have absolutely no idea on how to put threads in. This is VERY crude but tell me what you think.

Attached File  Very rough draft anti bolt paintball gun.png   27.58KB   158 downloads

I also have one in the works that uses macro out the back of the poppit area to go up to the top, again, I have no idea on how to put in threads

EDIT: Obviously this one would take some modifications to keep from ripping the o rings apart, but I plan on having holes in the edges of the bolt for air to get through.

Huh Why Ion Feednecks are they any good?? lots of people at my field say "IOns Suck"! well they have their opionons.. <---- is that word spelled right?

+10

GOOD LUCK! +11
DominatorPB!
Pinokio Army v2!
Dye/Proto Owners Club!
Proud Pump Owner: CCM 6.5 Brown/Black!
Fort Myers Legends Paintball Team (CAP)!

#16 Jalen

Jalen

Resident Psychopath

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 02:04 PM

Slingshot.
I only play paintball so I can tell dirty jokes.

#17 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

The reason i say ion feedneck is because i have 23 ion feednecks lying around.

#18 aresfiend

aresfiend

Noob Overlord

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:33 PM

Okay, I am working on a hand draft (my M$ paint foo sucks dick) and what I am thinking is instead of creating a no bolt marker is creating a detached bolt and striker marker.

Pretty much it will be a blowback striker on crack, being completely aluminum and sear operated, it is going to have a 1/2 centimeter diameter in its narrowest and longest part (Pretty much everything except the far front and the back. The narrow size is required as there are going to be holes drilled in the relatively thin front to allow are through to a standard macro fitting which will move forward (You will see in the draft) to a separate piece (will be able to be bolted onto the top, left, or right sides as you wish, will NOT be on the draft) blow forward spring back custom bolt that is going to operate entirely on the airflow coming from behind to push the ball past the detents and allow air around the end piece to propel the ball forward.

Either way, I am going to create a unique marker that will also have a custom grip built around the spyder tadao board on ANS. If anybody could point me in the right direction to a clapper compatible with the spyder board that would be great. Also on the subject of grips, I want to create a rubber grip with a thin gel outside a lot like the wrist rest on the old fellowes mouse pads and need help finding the materials.

#19 Molybdenum

Molybdenum

Aspiring Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:28 PM

Boltless spyder?

Posted Image
It seems like almost any marker could be made "boltless" by simply replacing the bolt with a trap door in the manner shown above. The problem is, you would have to pretty much fabricate an entire custom gun body to do that.

Edited by Molybdenum, 27 September 2011 - 09:32 PM.

#20 DozerX

DozerX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:19 AM

Boltless spyder?

Posted Image
It seems like almost any marker could be made "boltless" by simply replacing the bolt with a trap door in the manner shown above. The problem is, you would have to pretty much fabricate an entire custom gun body to do that.

One big problem you have overlooked is how the striker/hammer will re-cock itself. Without the force of air blowing the bolt and striker back into the cocked position (like in all open-bolt blow backs) the marker will have to be manually re-cocked every time. You could make a pump gun, but I don't think that was the original intention. I too have been working on my own Mechanical Boltless marker. I believe I have everything figured out in my design. I just need to get prototypes made and tweak as needed.

#21 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

lol i like it
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#22 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 06:07 PM

As for everything else i can't help, but can help with the threads. You are just going to have to get a Tap and die set. Or at the very least a tap set. the filling a barrel with concrete idea wouldn't work. Taps are hardened and the have a cutting edge. Barrel threads are not and do not. But once you have what you need it is really easy. Just drill a hole slightly smaller than you threaded piece, select appropriate tap,(tappered taps are good to get started) and turn it in. But make sure it is going in straight. If you have access to a drill press or mill (even a lathe could work depending on the piece you are tapping), then clamp the piece in that, put the tap in the chuck and then it will be as straight as you will ever be able to get it. But for the love of all that is scientific still turn it in by hand.

Edited by q000ball, 10 October 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#23 canon fodder

canon fodder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:54 AM

Airstar Nova 700

#24 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

ICE Epic already did this with a trapdoor system. Google it and read up on it, pretty clever actually.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users