• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 short207

short207

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 08:38 AM

How many teams are left in maine? The only ones i can name that are left are splatzesg(pumpkinhead),superstion,preds(ruckus),ECA,Shipyard,sub5, ECI, and supersquad. We have no more local tournies the most teams who had showed up to an event is like what 4 this year

#2 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 08:36 AM

I think the cost is driving players away...only the hard core are willing to pay 75-100 per person for entry and then paint on top of that...There also seems to be a lack of organization between all the fields...unlike the MRPL days
"The harder you work the luckier you get"

#3 short207

short207

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 October 2008 - 11:58 AM

how much is entry costing u??? at splatz its like 35 $ case included to pratice. And i get why theres hardly any nepl teams from maine.

#4 MCLAUGHLIN

MCLAUGHLIN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2008 - 01:36 PM

Well feilds around me are closing, and there isn't many people willing to put in the effort to start a league, therefore there are much less teams.

#5 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:18 AM

hell ya it sucks iam in bangor and the closest X- ball is BAPS 3 hours away. we need a field closer to central maine
East Coast Pumper
352-207 hXc STRAIGHT EDGE. ECA
All I have left are traces of the city skyline to remind me of where I'm from - Such Gold

#6 chaldy

chaldy

Damn son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:53 PM

hell ya it sucks iam in bangor and the closest X- ball is BAPS 3 hours away. we need a field closer to central maine

pretty much, im like 5 miles away from bangor, i even go to school there (John Bapst) and the closest field used to be penobscot bay, that that stupid amusement park, now its in topsham. yea we do need a field closer to central maine.
46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in your sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive

Angel Owners Club

#7 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:09 AM

ya I used to go to brewer Grad in 06. But ya it needs to happens. you know that pepsi warehouse in brewer would be perfect for an indoor, but it has not been bought in 6 years.
East Coast Pumper
All I have left are traces of the city skyline to remind me of where I'm from - Such Gold

#8 chaldy

chaldy

Damn son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 28 November 2008 - 08:49 PM

i didn't even know there was a pepsi warehouse in brewer, haha, no wonder nobodys bought it.
46% of teens engage in pre-marital sex. 89% drink before the age of 21. Put this in your sig if you think that pandas are the chillest animal alive

Angel Owners Club

#9 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 08:13 AM

What would it take a to start a league?

Say three man...that would allow the "established teams" to enter more than one team...possibly two or three each, plus it makes it easier for newer players to form a team...

Entry fee in the neighborhod of $30-50 per team per event (the cheaper the better as more people would be willing to enter.).....

cash prizes for top three plus points for all in the series series,. Shops might even be able to contact distributors for year end prizes..(if we shoot "X" brand of paint would they be willing to offer year end prizes or discounts on paint for the series)

Established teams could chose to ref one event for points, like in the old NPPL days. Allowing the field owners to save a little $, benifiting the whole series..(Once things get moving and more teams enter, you could start to pay refs of choice)

Event organizers would make most of the $ from paint. Paint prices could be the standard 40-45 a case (entry $ would be used for prize $..the more that enter the higher the purse)...the first year might not make a ton of money, but as the series grows the potenial could be great.

Anyone intersted in?

I am just getting back into the sport after a small layoff, my connections with owners is small but I would be willing to help in anyway I could...or am I just reliving a MRPL wet dream...?

#10 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 11:53 AM

Ya the MRPL days that was fun, last one i did was mellow yellow in like 04. that sounds great, cause it really comes down to not enough teams, and some of the bigger teams can split it for the tourneys, as free agents for teams or just their own smaller teams (if its 3 man or 5). I would be down for that in a heartbeat. we would need a place in Maine for it. Prob baps or splatz is my guess.
East Coast Pumper

#11 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 04:13 PM

Splatz, D.O, or Bennetts...or all three..each one hosts one or two events....

#12 short207

short207

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 11:43 AM

Ghetto blaster Thats a kick ass idea. I ve pratacied at all 3 of these fields. I'll talk to Mike(D.O), Brian (splatz), BAP (merrit).

#13 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:23 PM

Let me know if I can help in anyway..I would be willing to type a more formal propsal up if needed

#14 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:39 PM

deff down if you need anyhelp in anyway hit me up
East Coast Pumper

#15 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:36 PM

Can you guys email (PM) your contact information. I will get a list going...this weekend I type something up and email it to you to proof read. We can then approach the fields as a group...just trying to get everyone on the same page..it seems like this is something the state has been missing for a while

Later

Edited by Gheto Blaster, 01 December 2008 - 03:37 PM.

#16 chaldy

chaldy

Damn son

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 08:06 PM

thats a great idea, i would help but im 15 so i can't really.

but i was supprised how many people my age play paintball (they all kinda suck but hey)
and if the entre fee was lower it would encourage them to play, therefore getting more people into
the sport and creating the next generations paintball players.

lol, anyways, if you guys need help figuring stuff out pm me.

Angel Owners Club

#17 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 09:00 PM

Its great to hear from everyone...
it doesn't matter your age..the more people we can get on board the better chance this has of happening...

thanks again and let eveyone know....have them reply to this forum and we can get a running tally of support

#18 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 12:22 AM

15 that doesnt matter i have been balling since i was 11. After moving here from florida the past 6 years I have had outlaw games with my friends all summer long that are like 10 on 10 we have yp to 12-20 people at a time. so it does not matter age.

Ya the more support we get the better chances. you would have to convince people from super squad esg or the predators to do this, for these seem to be the top teams here.
East Coast Pumper

#19 SORicky

SORicky

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 10:58 PM

Sub 5 would play, we are hopefully going to BAP(Reball indoor) next weekend, we are buying his old airball field so we can practice around our area but I cant wait to come out swinging next summer :)
I also cant wait to go to castle conquest with team 51 :)
SUB 5 (rookie speedball and scenario)
We are Skatastic!
and we need more cowbell!

Streetlight Manifesto rules!
they rock, Ska style

http://www.last.fm/user/SORicky:Eat my music!

#20 Trask

Trask

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:57 AM

err reball ouchie, I have had bad experiences with reball, flexes ear shots not a good time. but ya your buying their old air ball field and were abouts is your area of practice (hint hint.) I cant wait to do some damage either, but we need tournys now and I can not stress NOW!!!!
East Coast Pumper

#21 Gheto Blaster

Gheto Blaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

I have added my proposal idea under "tournamnets"
please PM me with ideas

#22 short207

short207

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:34 AM

Not to change the topic :mellow: but sodus predators (Ruckas) are haveing tryouts for there sister team in axbl mxl circro storm(don t know if i spelled right) there might be a tryout at BAP and I know 4 sure there there will be a tryout at boston paintball I think it will be the 14th of Jan.

#23 AЯSENAL

AЯSENAL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

How many teams are left in maine? The only ones i can name that are left are splatzesg(pumpkinhead),superstion,preds(ruckus),ECA,Shipyard,sub5, ECI, and supersquad. We have no more local tournies the most teams who had showed up to an event is like what 4 this year

well i just started a brand new team from Maine for this season, New England Wreckless Intent, we play at Bennetts cause its a 15minute drive and splatz sometimes,

btw were still looking for more players, OM me if your interested
Team Wreckless Intent: may god have mercy upon our opponents, cause we wont.

Proudly Sponsored by: Angel Paintball, Ans Gear, & Dangerous Power

~RIP~ JB JS & AR :our beloved friends and family, we will never forget you.
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. john 15:13

#24 pbn.maine

pbn.maine

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:06 PM

What would it take a to start a league?

Say three man...that would allow the "established teams" to enter more than one team...possibly two or three each, plus it makes it easier for newer players to form a team...

Entry fee in the neighborhod of $30-50 per team per event (the cheaper the better as more people would be willing to enter.).....

cash prizes for top three plus points for all in the series series,. Shops might even be able to contact distributors for year end prizes..(if we shoot "X" brand of paint would they be willing to offer year end prizes or discounts on paint for the series)

Established teams could chose to ref one event for points, like in the old NPPL days. Allowing the field owners to save a little $, benifiting the whole series..(Once things get moving and more teams enter, you could start to pay refs of choice)

Event organizers would make most of the $ from paint. Paint prices could be the standard 40-45 a case (entry $ would be used for prize $..the more that enter the higher the purse)...the first year might not make a ton of money, but as the series grows the potenial could be great.

Anyone intersted in?

I am just getting back into the sport after a small layoff, my connections with owners is small but I would be willing to help in anyway I could...or am I just reliving a MRPL wet dream...?

the pbn.maine would be paintballing northern Maine not to be confused with a pbn idiot!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users