4 replies to this topic

#1 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hey guys i'm gonna be moving to kansas city next spring and wanted to know what fields, teams, shops etc there are around there. Any help is appreciated!

etek.jpg

#2 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:14 PM

Welcome in advance.

as far as shops around the kc area:
Ball Butsters paintball (couple guys from team ghost recon run this shop) is in a bowling alley off of Santa Fe. They are pretty cool guys

Drop zone in olathe closed recently so the closest dzone is in Lawrence on 23rd street. Guys are kinda alright usually only 1 or 2 actually know anything about paintball the others is just another job.

Green dragon paintball in Independence MO. never heard of them till actually today, never been, don't know anything about it.

fields:
Jaegers up around north Kc by worlds of fun. Never been but I heard nothing but great things about their pro shop and field. they have a couple airball fields, a woods field, and 5 underground fields

280 is an indoor field in Leawood down towards the southern area of KC. again never been but plan to venture there a lot next year, I hear great things from this place as well. I'm seeing they have 1 field which would hinder a great time for a big bunch of people but I think I've read they added an out door field or two in a recent expansion. They also laid turf down in there indoor field recently. A lot of southern KC ballers go to 280 I've been noticing from the forums.

High performance paintball south of KC a bit in Harrisonville MO young field started by I think a pop and son, but they are constantly growing, again another field I hear a lot of great things from.

Drop zone paintball West of Lawrence near Overbrook. Pretty decent field, they rent it from a farmer so you may have to walk around some cows to get to one of the I believe 5 fields they have, they do not come onto the fields but will stand closer to see what everyone is doing. Refs are pretty cool and the people who actually ball from the shop come out to hang out at the field with everyone. They say they have 2 airball fields but I have not seen them up though the area looks nice.

Castle Rock paintball Great guy that runs it. Over near Pamona/Quenemo KS. Would be an hour drive like dzone from KC however the castle field here is amazing, very very much fun. hyperball field as well as a huge woods field and from my understanding it was closed for a little while to clear out more area to make the place bigger. He usually has a huge turn out. Been there a few times and there was never less than 45 people there for mini scenarios, regular play, and night games with a huge spot light on top of the castle.

As for teams: (I'm not aware of all the teams around only a select few I would suggest checking out a couple of these fields and talking it up with the people there.)

SKO bunch of Army guys started and they are all great guys, they travel to a lot of games a few states away. Mostly out at Edge paintball near Wichita KS.

Ghost Recon played with/against these guys a couple times. cool group of guys (but I work with one of their newer members and he is a douche canoe). They tend to keep to themselves most of the time (like a super secret club)

That's really it for teams I have personal experiences with but I'm sure KCK and KCMO have tons of woodsball/speedball/hyperball teams out there you just gotta mingle.

Hate to say it but pbnation has a pretty good field/store locator using your zip code on their site with reviews, addresses, all that jazz on their site.

Edited by Sin_Ister611, 07 October 2011 - 06:17 PM.

#3 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

Hey thanks for the information man, its good to hear. Ive been looking at that field locater on pbnation and its really nice, given me some good places to check out.

By the way, you mentioned KCK and KCMO, what are those?

etek.jpg

#4 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

KCK is Kansas City Kansas and KCMO is Kansas City Missouri. Since Kansas City is in Kansas and Missouri a lot of the people around the city will ask if your from KCK or KCMO. 99% of the time if you tell them what subcity you live in they know ie Olathe, Overland park, Grandview, Leawood, Lenexa.

Edited by Sin_Ister611, 08 October 2011 - 01:20 AM.

#5 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Oooo, gotcha. Thanks for the heads up so I don't look like a complete loser! ;)

etek.jpg

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users