• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 elsupermang

elsupermang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

I found this field's website while searching for fields the other day. It seems incredible!. Admission is $25 for the weekend, $70 for admission and a case of paint!?!?!?. It seems too good to be true!! Maps show 16 fields which is pretty good number. I almost have a hard time believe this place exists. I will be checking it out but wanted to see if anyone has any experience.

http://www.paintballsportsny.com/

#2 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

It doesn't seem that amazing. And I've never heard of it. The meadowlands place charges 50$ for a case and admission combined, so the rates aren't something spectacular
Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#3 elsupermang

elsupermang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:36 PM

It doesn't seem that amazing. And I've never heard of it. The meadowlands place charges 50$ for a case and admission combined, so the rates aren't something spectacular

I thought meadowlands was just 1 outdoor xball field? I play woodsball mostly and finding a place with a variety fields that doesnt charge an arm and a leg is amazing to me lol.

#4 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I thought meadowlands was just 1 outdoor xball field? I play woodsball mostly and finding a place with a variety fields that doesnt charge an arm and a leg is amazing to me lol.

I still don't think that 70$ is amazing
Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#5 Pyrate Jim

Pyrate Jim

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:21 PM

It used to be Survival New York. It was one of the very first paintball fields opened in the world.
They held the original World Cup competition for years and has been the home field to teams like the Master Blasters, RT's Raiders and Ground Zero. They were being operated by Cousins for a few years but now it's back to the original folk and better than ever.

If you're thinking of going, I would suggest trying one of the "Black Market Wars" listed on their website.

I've played a lot of scenario games at a lot of places, and thse guys are absolutely the best at running one. They keep everything clear and safe, lots of play and lots of great teams.

They don't use all the fields anymore, just not practical unless they get crowds like they used to.
I remember 600 player games when they ran 28 hours straight back in the late 90's. Now they see about half that for a weekend game. They now stick to the ones close by.
I have pics somewhere, but I would have to upload them...I have a couple here:
http://i62.photobuck...im/100_0043.jpg
http://i62.photobuck...im/100_0047.jpg
http://i62.photobuck...im/100_0045.jpg
http://i62.photobuck...im/100_0060.jpg
CT Co-ordinator ~ Paintball Marshals
http://www.pbmarshals.com/
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
Certified Master Airsmith
http://www.paintball-pti.com/

#6 elsupermang

elsupermang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 08:18 AM

I've been a few times now and I definitely will be going back. It's a little out of the way but not too bad about an hour from NYC. My other option is Liberty paintball 30-45 mins away but I'm starting to not like how they run their fields; they lump everyone in one enormous walk on group and send out 2 refs for the massive field. The wiping is getting more and more blatant every time I go.

#7 Krash845

Krash845

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 10:25 PM

Some friends and I went to PSI a few weeks ago, the fields were really good, I especially liked the field that was like a town with the structures (don't know what it's called), but the few times that we went there wasn't many other people there. I don't know, maybe they need to advertise more, maybe lots of people up there play outlaw ball, but the place has tons of potential, just needs some more people.

#8 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 08:43 PM

I live about 5 minutes from there!! Pretty cool place to ball, everyone I've encountered is friendly, and one of the refs has HUGE hair! It could probably get a few bounces lmao. Pm me if your gona play there. Who knows maybe we can meet up and ball. There are also two other fields within about half an hour to 45 minutes at most from psi to check out too.
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#9 Tenet

Tenet

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 05:17 PM

<br />It doesn't seem that amazing. And I've never heard of it. The meadowlands place charges 50$ for a case and admission combined, so the rates aren't something spectacular<br />

<br /><br />

Meadowlands is an X-Ball only field, correct?

PSI, formerly Survival NY, is one of the best places for woods paintball in the area.
You should check the facts before calling the deal as anything but amazing - other woods fields charge $80+ for admission+case.
High Velocity is $80 case from the store, with $35 admission, and while the fields are great these are not true woods, just some awesome junkyard fields and a castle.
On Target Paintball is $35 + BYOP or field paint, in any case coming up to ~$75-95.

Cousins is up to $85 a case, even though none of it's location offer anywhere near the experience.

Liberty Paintball will make you run 1-round at a time, no side-switching, for about the same price.
Have fun watching kids wipe paint cause you took them out 30 seconds into the round and they don't want to walk off with no chance to play the field.

The only budget alternative we have is Battle Creek - formerly NewBreed - which might get good under new ownership (I fucking hope they succeed!!!) but it was a 24/7 one-junkyard-field place, not something you want to return to on a regular basis.

It's fucking amazing me how each time we go to PSI that field isn't packed and we have to coordinate with friends of friends of friends to bring enough to play.
It's amazing because that's also the experience - some of the best paintball fields, motivated referees, friendly and organized owners - everything you can ask for from a field.

In terms of quality for the money - only On Target Paintball can compete (and that requires a longer drive into NJ, at least from my location in NYC).

Review of PSI in should be linked in my signature.

Going to be trying to organize a players group to play to play there at least each month, possibly negotiate a group deal.
NYC Brooklyn Paintball Player - Feedback TechPB MCB
Field Review: Paintball Sports Inc. NY
Bob Long Protege owner - Looking for a Driver from Brooklyn for Woodsball!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users