• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Schmoady

Schmoady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

I have an axe and a boss bolt. I was wondering what settings I should put on the axe to make it as efficient as possible. I also have a ninja adjustable 68/4500. What should I adjust that to? Any help would be extremely beneficial
"Knicks" DP G4
Yes, my first gun was a tippy. Yes, I did sink money into it. Yes, I do regret it.

Eternal Downpour Paintball-Proudly Sponsored by Zephyr Paintball

#2 dobby99

dobby99

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:02 PM

Remove both the red shims on the ninja tank. For the axe i believe set your output pressure to 160 (I dropped to 140) and then lower your dwell to 4 ms.

#3 mrtwo719

mrtwo719

Knees flexin and arms T-rex'n

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Not to Hijack your thread but didnt want to make a new one..

I just got my axe in a trade recently and finally got to play with it yesterday. Shoots awesome I love it. BUT my consitency over the chrono was real bad
like +-15-20 bad!

soo Just wanting everyone's input on best tune for an axe with a Boss V2 and a SLP reg. and also this gun is practically new. do they calm down after a few cases?

and is it ok to use the SLP? or should I put my High pressure reg back on?

Edited by mrtwo719, 06 February 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#4 Tekz

Tekz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:55 AM

each gun will be a bit different you should use maxoc's tuning guide to get the best settings for either efficiency or gentleness on paint for YOUR specific axe/mini. lp is okay i wouldnt use slp though hp is also fine.

Edited by Tekz, 12 February 2012 - 01:56 AM.

#5 reloadro

reloadro

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:30 PM

the axe regulator definitely has a break-in period involved. it will be a bit inconsistent, and the pressure may creep up about 20psi throughout the course of the day during normal use. after about 3-5 cases, you should see the reg steady itself. definitely pay attention to the pressure gauge at first, as you dont want it creeping up too much and messing up the solenoid! ive got about 15 or so cases through mine at this point; the thing is +/1 3fps at the chrono using the stock bolt and a regular high pressure crossfire tank.

of course, consistent paint is also important!

#6 mrtwo719

mrtwo719

Knees flexin and arms T-rex'n

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:44 PM

the axe regulator definitely has a break-in period involved. it will be a bit inconsistent, and the pressure may creep up about 20psi throughout the course of the day during normal use. after about 3-5 cases, you should see the reg steady itself. definitely pay attention to the pressure gauge at first, as you dont want it creeping up too much and messing up the solenoid! ive got about 15 or so cases through mine at this point; the thing is +/1 3fps at the chrono using the stock bolt and a regular high pressure crossfire tank.

of course, consistent paint is also important!

:tup: Awesome. Ive been too busy snowboarding to play but I have team practice in the morning so there goes a couple cases. I still love the marker. it feels more comfortable in the hands then my old Vego9.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users