4 replies to this topic

#1 Darthdoug

Darthdoug

Playing for CRU LT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

The date and time are set, the location is CRU Paintball in Flint, Michigan. This will be the primary tryout date for paintball players who want to step up their game, dedicate themselves to a team, and WIN in 2012. Not all teams are the same, not all have the same goals, so read up here before you try out.

These tryouts are for CRU squads that will be playing in multiple tournament series in 2012. At this point we will be fielding D3 X-ball, D4 X-ball PSP squads, as well as likely a D4 5-man squad or two. We will also be fielding local only squads to participate in regional and local tournaments.

If you know the CRU family you know we are friends and teammates first and we have a lot of fun. However we DO expect dedication and drive. If you are looking for a spot on a national squad you will need to be able to make three Sunday practices each month all winter and all year long. You will need to be willing to pool paint, run drills hard, then run in games and scrimmages at every practice. You will need to be ready to help your CRU teammates when they need help and give up time to help at the field on a scheduled basis. You will be signing a contract to attend all four national PSP events and you will be paying a deposit for each event before the season even starts to make sure you're serious. If time, money, or attitude will keep you from doing these things... then don't ask for a spot, don't expect a spot, and don't plan to KEEP a spot on the national team roster. You will have sponsorship and help but do not expect this to be close to a free ride. There are better options if you want a free ride... I'm not sure if there is a better option if you want great attitudes and a chance to win.

Now we also have room for those with less time and dedication, and those players will be formed into squads for local tournaments only. Nothing is bad or wrong with this, time and money don't grow on trees... but don't waste your time or ours telling us you want a national spot unless you are serious and ready. You'll still get all the practice time, all the coaching, all the friendship, all the help, and there will always be 2013 for you if time or money allows.

The tryouts will be at CRU Paintball, on Sunday November 13th.

http://www.crupaintball.com

The doors will open at 10:00AM and the tryouts will start at 10:30AM.

The cost is $55, which will include a case of paint, field fees for as long as you want to stay, drills and coaching by people who have won on a national level, and game time as well. If you're willing to spend 45 minutes or so cleaning up after the tryouts, you'll get $10 of that back so your total cost would be $45.

Overall we are looking for great attitudes, people who can check their egos at the door, and people who want to play as part of a winning TEAM. Our teams have been successful because of our teammate. Individual skills can and will be taught. Teamwork and the right attitude either you have, or you're willing to accept. Note that nowhere here did I say you have to be a killer on the field or have a certain experience level. You'll need skills to make a national X-ball roster sure but if you have the drive, you'll start local and work your way up as your skill improved. If your head is on straight, you'll be amazing at how quickly you improve. We've had people with zero experience spend a winter at CRU and end up playing on a national level squad that WINS at PSP later that same year.

After the tryouts we will sit down and see who has what it takes to be a CRU player in general, and who has the skills to match up a national level squad. We will let you know soon afterwards (we'll be collecting contact info). If you're interested at that point, you'll be a part of the team.

I've also had a few requests by people who just wanted to be a part of this tryout even though they are already planning to be a part of a different team for next year. They just wanted the experience of going through the grinder at CRU and seeing the drills and situational games. If you're in this same boat feel free to come out to the tryouts and participate. Just let us know when you get there about your situation. You'll do all the same drills, get all the same situations and coaching, we just won't ask you about joining the squad and you can have fun with your own team next year.

CRU Paintball 2011 Highlights:
50,000 square feet indoor facility with outdoor fields as well, speedball and scenerio
We don't believe in an off season for paintball
Home to inners of multiple IMS tournaments in both rookie and open class
Home of CRU LT, winners of D3 5-man Chicago PSP and Winner of D3 5-man Series prize for 2011
Home of CRU Army, winners of D4 5-man New Jersey PSP, and 3rd place series prize winner for PSP D4 5-man
Home of CRU LT Kids, team of all new players who ended up making Sunday at all three PSP events they entered this year, improving every time
The best and friendliest staff in paintball. Don't believe me, show up and put it to the test!
Doug

I play for Cru Paintball
My Team is Cru LT

#2 OLpb2416

OLpb2416

I'm an aggasaurus rex

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:33 PM

if only i lived in Michigan I'd try out
My feedback 5-6/0/
VSC Phantom

CP classic. Ribbed for her pleasure.

#3 KCMECustoms

KCMECustoms

Custom Shop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:06 AM

Damn CRU teams are no joke.

#4 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:34 AM

Great organization, great group of guys. Hung out with them in the pit area. They were next to us in the pits. Really nice guys and good players.Would be a great team to get on and play for.

#5 PC.CRU

PC.CRU

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

Great organization, great group of guys. Hung out with them in the pit area. They were next to us in the pits. Really nice guys and good players.Would be a great team to get on and play for.

Thanks Willie, you had a great group there that seemed to keep having fun. Hope to see you next season.
CRU Paintball LLC
CRU Paintball email
NEW LOCATION with over 50,000 square foot of indoor space !!! 4403 Clio Rd Flint, MI 48504
810-785-2CRU (278)

CRU Army

#6 Plazmaz

Plazmaz

That's What She Said!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 10 March 2012 - 10:36 PM

I would have if i had a job and a car.

Cru Paintball, Michigan
Yeah im 12. Come at me bro...