Photo

Cousins Paintball Under Attack from Politician!

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 i8somepie

i8somepie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:17 AM

Hey guys,
I come from the other site with bad news. Cousins Paintball of Coram, Long Island, New York is under attack by a politically motivated council member. I looked through the News forum here, as well as the Chatter and Regional thread and could not find anything about this. I apologize beforehand if I have broke any rules but I believe this is something that the paintball community as a whole needs to come together for. I have posted on her Facebook wall and she deleted it within an hour and is now censoring anyone that has to do with paintball. To quote ForeverZero143:

Cousins Paintball in Coram Long Island has been a staple of the Brookhaven community for over 25 years. Recently it has come under attack by narrow sighted politicians who believe that the 88 acres we play on should better be used for well NOTHING.

Cousins Paintball provides countless jobs for high school students and college students who live in the local area and serves as a revenue source for man...y of the local businesses on Rt 112.

In a time where the county is raising taxes because of lack of revenue and unemployment is at a all time high is this really the best decision for our community.

Cousins Paintball has raised over 40k in the past 4 years for the wounded warrior project and the American Vet Dogs Foundation. Not to mention the countless local charities who reach out to us for donations.

We are not only uniting to protect paintball but we are uniting to protect jobs in our community and tax revenue for our town.

Please post here and help support the cause. Please keep it polite.

Here is a link to the face book of the Council women who wants to shut us down! Tell her how you feel. Please keep it tasteful
http://www.facebook....145207708863571

Here is her contact information!!!!! Connie Kepert 631-451-6968 ** she has decided to remove all of our comments from Facebook so now we will call and leave messages!!!!**
Here is a link to our petition!!!
http://www.thepetiti...sins-paintball/!

Edited by i8somepie, 26 October 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#2 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:52 AM

I suggest to not go to her facebook since in the grand sceme of things it's not going to work and she's being ignorant about it. Write to her a letter personally or fax letters to the communitiy council if you can do it.

I also suggest to go to your local news. Get the word out about it. It's really helping a situation like this in IL regarding the education system where corrupt politicians broke their promises. I practically hear about it everyday.

Also contact some of the companies like kee, dye and others to bring it to their attention as well. It would be bad for business to lose a huge field like this.

#3 Soul06

Soul06

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:16 AM

I suggest to not go to her facebook since in the grand sceme of things it's not going to work and she's being ignorant about it. Write to her a letter personally or fax letters to the communitiy council if you can do it.

I also suggest to go to your local news. Get the word out about it. It's really helping a situation like this in IL regarding the education system where corrupt politicians broke their promises. I practically hear about it everyday.

Also contact some of the companies like kee, dye and others to bring it to their attention as well. It would be bad for business to lose a huge field like this.

Agreed. I would suggest attempting to write her emails CC'd to local news sites as well. Allow them to see the communication you are attempting to make. Make sure all emails are written professionally though.

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ - On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA

#4 akt22

akt22

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Agreed. I would suggest attempting to write her emails CC'd to local news sites as well. Allow them to see the communication you are attempting to make. Make sure all emails are written professionally though.

If anything, facebook should be used to bring awareness to the siutation to paintballers all over the world; it shouldn't be used as a tool for harassment or bargaining directly.

EDIT: saw the news report here. I would try to contact the paint manufacturer for the field to show that what they are using isn't hazardous to the environment. Also I would suggest putting barriers to limit intrusion into other people's property.

Edited by akt22, 26 October 2011 - 11:03 AM.

#5 i8somepie

i8somepie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hey thanks for the response guys. We'll be trying to respectfully find out the information and positions of everyone involved and show the media.

I know Facebook shouldn't be use to harass or threaten her. I've been relaying the message to kill them with kindness with trying to convey message to her, her fellow council, media, and any other identity involved.

What is shady is the fact that she deleted and blocked any and all people that posted on her wall that had to do with Cousins or paintball at all. She also has yet to address any concerns that we have. Her son also has ties to the field, as he is a regular customer and former employee.

I also just seen the news post today and it seems there were more negatives depicted than positives. It's sad that the possibility of everyone losing their jobs does not deter the council of their agenda. It would be great if a voice in the industry could help speak up for Cousins, especially the paint manufacturer.

As I find more resources that can help out Cousins, I'll post them here.

Once again thanks guys.

#6 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,708 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I have signed and submitted my signature on the petition. I wish you all the best and if there is anything we can do to assist, please notify us and we will do what is within our powers to assist.

Good Luck and it is truly a shame to see this happening.

#7 i8somepie

i8somepie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

I have signed and submitted my signature on the petition. I wish you all the best and if there is anything we can do to assist, please notify us and we will do what is within our powers to assist.

Good Luck and it is truly a shame to see this happening.

Thank you!

#8 RandomPeasant

RandomPeasant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:22 PM

I go to Cousins in NJ, but still this is really bad news :(
just signed :)

Edited by RandomPeasant, 26 October 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#9 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,932 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:40 PM

I signed yesterday. Seriously try and get a news station involved

#10 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hmm the petition thing doesnt work for me. Good luck though.

This thing pisses me off. This is like me saying they should ban rugby becaue they dont wear enough padding. Ive never played true rugby in my life. Why dont people experience the sport and see how much good the sport can bring. Sometimes even more than other sports because there are rarely other sports you can go out by yourself and still have the experience of being with a group of people.

#11 i8somepie

i8somepie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for the support again! To quote ForeverZero143 from pbn:

OK. Here is the latest update from the court case today. I am extremely pleased to let you guys know, the politicians are starting to listen. The case was adjourned by the town until next week. We have had several productive conversations and it looks like we are making progress. We will use the next couple of days to sit with the town and determine if there is a way to satisfy all parties.
Please know that this progress is a direct result of your efforts, your passion for our game, and your standing up for what is right. Continue to build support for our page. We want to continue this momentum while at the same time, leaving a space for a constructive solution.
We are overwhelmed with the support we have received locally, nationally, and even globally. I speak for the entire Cousins family when I say we are blessed to call each and every one of you a friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users