• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 jonffavale

jonffavale

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:33 PM

My town has decided to evict the local paintball field by saying it is hurting the environment. Please sign this petition to save the field and help save jobs!

Petition:http://www.change.or...usins-paintball

News Story: http://www.news12.co...e=LI&regionId=1
News Story: http://findarticles....8/ai_n56951345/

#2 AverageBaller

AverageBaller

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:04 PM

I love that place. My uncles and my father went there as kids. Without that field i would not b paintballing

#3 YingyYoMofo

YingyYoMofo

Pretty Fly For A White Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

Signed.

#4 Algae

Algae

megasuperawesomelazerbeam railgunofepicdoomandstuff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:12 PM

Signed. Cousins Paintball is a great place.

Algae's Feedback

Empire Axe Overview

First post? Awesome, but if the OP is asking a question, that's just being an ass

#5 lackoffaith

lackoffaith

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

signed

Seems legit :dodgy:
You can claim anything over the internet, alot of liars out there.
I for one hate liars, which is why I live on my private £100,000,000 Yacht as far away from liars as possible with servants who shoo away the liars.

#6 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:32 PM

I'm not going to sign, I don't believe that wildlife preserves should be used by private companies, they are meant to be protected not have 100+ people running through them all day, just my .02

#7 pwnthe2g

pwnthe2g

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:35 PM

signed

Proudly sponsored by Zephyr Paintball!

Setup: Ego 7+ cure 3, 68/45 crossfire w/ ninja ultralite reg, Grillz(eventually angel eyes nvm..), Dye Rotor, empire contact (camo) pants, custom jersey, empire 7 pod and nxe 9 pod harnesses

#8 PBjones

PBjones

Bring a knife to a gun fight, stab them while they laugh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:24 PM

I'm not going to sign, I don't believe that wildlife preserves should be used by private companies, they are meant to be protected not have 100+ people running through them all day, just my .02

I'm not being a dick when I say this, but did you read the whole story?

They didn't open up a field on a nature reserve. They were in business there for years, then the town bought the land they are operating on and called it a nature reserve.

These guys have been there for years and this is going to shut them down.,That's environmentalists for you. ”Fuck the people, I just want to make sure the little frogs are ok.”

#9 walrus27

walrus27

My presence is my present kiss my ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:26 PM

Signed, cousins is a great place. Been there many times
Posted Image

I named my g4 shaqueefa because it was ghetto.

#10 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

Done.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#11 PaintbaLLMagnet859

PaintbaLLMagnet859

#2 Cranez

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

:tup: done

#12 lilwill3579

lilwill3579

With My Penis

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

signed...and signed it for my cousin and had each of my teammates sign it as well :tup:

#13 tripp

tripp

Proudly Sponsored by ANSGear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Signed, though ive never been there
i wish you guys the best of luck on keeping your field
i was devastated when OA Bowie closed due to the county building houses within thier zoning permit
Sponsored By: ANSGear, Valken Paintball Southern Maryland Paintball
Posted Image
Bob Long 2k4 alias + freak + halo too

#14 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:45 PM

Signed

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#15 FuryPaintball

FuryPaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

Signed. Even posted it to my Facebook and forwarded to all my teammates, and local ballers. Best of luck to you, and hope all the effort put forth to save your field helps. I know if I lost my local field I would be devastated.

#16 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

They didn't open up a field on a nature reserve. They were in business there for years, then the town bought the land they are operating on and called it a nature reserve.

These guys have been there for years and this is going to shut them down.,That's environmentalists for you. "Fuck the people, I just want to make sure the little frogs are ok."

yes, I did read the whole stroy before posting, I think that if in was environmentally unsafe for a paintball field then I think they should have had them evicted a long time ago, I'm sure this place can relocate. Also we don't say "Fuck the people, I just want to make sure the little frogs are ok." We say "Lets find a way for people and frogs to live well together.

#17 PBjones

PBjones

Bring a knife to a gun fight, stab them while they laugh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:00 PM

I
These guys have been there for years and this is going to shut them down.,That's environmentalists for you. "Fuck the people, I just want to make sure the little frogs are ok."

yes, I did read the whole stroy before posting, I think that if in was environmentally unsafe for a paintball field then I think they should have had them evicted a long time ago, I'm sure this place can relocate. Also we don't say "Fuck the people, I just want to make sure the little frogs are ok." We say "Lets find a way for people and frogs to live well together.

Fair enough. I think we should just agree to disagree on this one. :D

#18 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:09 PM

^ agreed Posted Image don't want to get into an argument over it

#19 shishkabob

shishkabob

i have a mental erection

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,507 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

You do realize its not just that simple as picking up and moving somewhere else right? Thats in itself would costs a ton of money, then you will have to find a new customer base wherever you can set down your roots again. Cousin's paintball was there for over 25 years, the town decided to buy hundreds of acres and call it a nature reserve to not have condos built and other junk built on it, yet was fine with cousin's staying there. Paintball doesnt hurt the environment in any way. But whatever i guess the woods in your area would be better off not being played in, shit the environment and little froggies would be a ton better to if you didnt have a house built on their land, or a car polluting their air.

Cousin's has donated thousands of dollars to countless charities over the years. They provide jobs for a lot of people, and help keep other businesses in the area running. Just think without a paintball field in that area you lose the out of towners that come in for the weekend or a day to play, then the local restaruants take a hit because they loose a good chunk of business, the gas stations also start hurting, now they both have to lay people off to compensate for it etc. When you shut down a well established business like Cousin's paintball you are just creating one giant negative ripple effect, that we really dont need in an economy like this. Sure frogs are great but they arent going to pay your bills or put food on the table for you, and they sure as hell arent going to invite you to stay on their lillypad when your ass gets evicted to save them

Edited by shishkabob, 26 October 2011 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image HUGE INTIMIDATOR PART SALE
Ever feel lost, and like you are out of place? Do you own a Bob Long Intimidator of any kind? If so drop by and join the new and improved Timmy Militia!
MacDev Militia represent!

#20 DrewaV

DrewaV

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,881 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:29 PM

Signed :tup: Good luck

#21 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:30 PM

:tup: Signed
DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#22 Snyderman34

Snyderman34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:54 PM

Signed, and forwarding to Facebook and my paintball team :tup:

#23 pb=life

pb=life

I like penguins

• TechPB Players Club
  • 8,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

^ agreed Posted Image don't want to get into an argument over it

You do realize its not just that simple as picking up and moving somewhere else right? Thats in itself would costs a ton of money, then you will have to find a new customer base wherever you can set down your roots again. Cousin's paintball was there for over 25 years, the town decided to buy hundreds of acres and call it a nature reserve to not have condos built and other junk built on it, yet was fine with cousin's staying there. Paintball doesnt hurt the environment in any way. But whatever i guess the woods in your area would be better off not being played in, shit the environment and little froggies would be a ton better to if you didnt have a house built on their land, or a car polluting their air.

Cousin's has donated thousands of dollars to countless charities over the years. They provide jobs for a lot of people, and help keep other businesses in the area running. Just think without a paintball field in that area you lose the out of towners that come in for the weekend or a day to play, then the local restaruants take a hit because they loose a good chunk of business, the gas stations also start hurting, now they both have to lay people off to compensate for it etc. When you shut down a well established business like Cousin's paintball you are just creating one giant negative ripple effect, that we really dont need in an economy like this. Sure frogs are great but they arent going to pay your bills or put food on the table for you, and they sure as hell arent going to invite you to stay on their lillypad when your ass gets evicted to save them

#24 SWZproductions

SWZproductions

Creeper Killer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

signed GIT-R-DONE

#25 Lime

Lime

The Superior Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Lol.
Also signed.

Edited by Lime, 26 October 2011 - 06:13 PM.

I love you.

#26 The Desacrator

The Desacrator

Xtacle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

I signed.

#27 NDomipolo

NDomipolo

Tier 1 is coming....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:14 PM

Signed this is one of the best fields in the area.someone should send this out to blues crew cause they are always there supporting cousins and always at big game(which is an amazing game)

#28 PeanutWing

PeanutWing

Sleepy Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,026 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:33 PM

SIGNED

#29 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

signed....maybe this should be stickied hmmmm?

#30 nowan4ever

nowan4ever

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

signed it up

#31 Jordii

Jordii

Boats N' Hoes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:47 PM

/signed

Good luck to you
Posted Image
If you're under 18 and pay for your gear, put this in your sig.

#32 lashcoin

lashcoin

Chicken in the coop!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,877 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

Signed and forwarded to my local paintball group.

edit: also PM'd cockerpunk about the sticky

Edited by lashcoin, 26 October 2011 - 07:55 PM.

Posted Image
Purple CCI T-Stock
My Feedback 9/0/0
MAH GUNZ: Purple People Eater (CCI Phantom)
"A bag a day keeps the electro's away!"

#33 JAWM

JAWM

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

Tippmann put this up on their facebook, should get a lot of attention after that.

#34 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

I

Fair enough. I think we should just agree to disagree on this one. :D

Posted Image Wait..

i don't think you understand this whole fighting over the internet thing.

also, signed. i love this place
Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#35 Tomcat

Tomcat

The Catshack Reports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yet another field under fire from local politicians who will close the 27 year old venue, we need additional action on this one peeps, spoke with owner Dean Del Prete this morning ... read on here http://www.catshackr...ins-needs-help/
Editor & Chief, The Catshack Reports Paintball News- http://www.catshackreports.com
Posted Image

#36 Jelly Sammich

Jelly Sammich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Signed, I hope this all works out.

#37 atlpaintball24

atlpaintball24

Do you even lift?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Done.

#38 ZigZaggula

ZigZaggula

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:10 PM

signed Posted Image

#39 MUNK3H

MUNK3H

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:34 PM

signed also.
Posted Image
current setup=Camo 2K5'D Ironmen timmy,47/3000 tank,V.L eggy hopper,jt proflex's.valken pants and jersey.
proudly repping hectors outdoor haven.

#40 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• 13,953 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:30 PM

dont know if there is a difference but i found another petition site as well
http://www.thepetiti...sins-paintball/
lets get som sigs people

Edited by etekgirl27, 26 October 2011 - 11:48 PM.

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#41 Talic

Talic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

It's a shame online partitions don't work.

Now if you hit the streets and get local or better yet, voter signatures then you'll have something.

#42 Spider-Man

Spider-Man

Does whatever a spider can

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 464 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

derp derp

Edited by brycelarson, 01 November 2011 - 08:04 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Bravotv

Bravotv

Take a picture, it will last longer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 01:00 AM

Where I'm form, there aren't any paintball fields. Screw these Goddamn hippyes, signed, anyone thinking of posting this up on PBN?
Edit: It's up on PBN aswell

Edited by Bravotv, 27 October 2011 - 01:01 AM.

Viagra, lubricant, and pornographic movies? If that package arrived at my house, I'd be calling a babysitter and making reservations at the Marriott

Feedback 1/0/0

#44 Tomcat

Tomcat

The Catshack Reports

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:37 AM

It's a shame online partitions don't work.

Now if you hit the streets and get local or better yet, voter signatures then you'll have something.

Exactly ... hate to break it to you brothers and sisters but having spoken directly with the field owner yesterday, we are well past online petitions, what needs to happen is pressure put on the politicians to allow Cousins more time to relocate before enforcing the eviction ... feel free to see the Catshack article for all of the contact information and send each of the council members a polite request in support of the field.
Editor & Chief, The Catshack Reports Paintball News- http://www.catshackreports.com
Posted Image

#45 paintball-og

paintball-og

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:04 PM

Signed

#46 Bauzer

Bauzer

Canada's Bushman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 06:02 PM

signed, boys sign this shit keep paintball going

let me know if you find any good porn on it, always got room on the thumbdrive :-)

I think the most useless thing in paintball is... Cookybiscuit. :P

Xbox Games For Sale

#47 CavenaughW

CavenaughW

Ballin'

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:59 PM

Signed, keeping paintball alive!

#48 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:28 PM

Signed
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#49 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts