• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 raisebarhere

raisebarhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

Hey everyone, going to get a new hopper for christmas and was just wondering which to get. I am leaning towards the z2 a lot more than the rotor but I do like how I can get the exalt speedfeed and the various colours of the rotor. I know that the rotor's price is pretty much a ripoff but what would you guys choose? Thanks :lol:

Edited by raisebarhere, 27 October 2011 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

Put this in your Sig if you are under 18 and pay for all of your own Paintball gear.

#2 SweetVanz

SweetVanz

Thrive in you emptiness

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Both are pretty awesome. Neither of them will be a bad/wrong choice. I just choose the Rotor because the plastic seems tougher. Check them out at you local shop maybe?

#3 BillNyePBGuy

BillNyePBGuy

If you dont get it, you're Sofa Kingdom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:18 PM

The z2, simply because the rotor isnt worth the price.
My Sale Thread: Tank, Ion, Automag, Ion Virtue, T2W, Remote Coil

Check out Pimped Out Paintball for used markers, hoppers, other equipment and maintenance services! Our tech has been in paintball forever and knows his stuff! If you have any questions about the site please feel free to call the listed number!

#4 dietdrextreme

dietdrextreme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

Ive broken enough hoppers in my life that ill never pay money for anything other than a rotor

#5 xmagman

xmagman

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:13 AM

Z2 any day. It is everything the Rotor would like to be.
-X

Shooting MacDev guns since 2006!

#6 Talic

Talic

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:24 AM

I'd go with the Z2. For the same price as a rotor you can get a shell kit version if they get them in stock before christmas.

#7 mman360

mman360

COOKIE KING

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

z2, it has more features for your money and the rotor is a bit of a rip off in my opinion. i heard the z2 also is made ofa better plastic then the original prophecy, but the rotor does have the best quality for a hopper. overall id say z2
if your under 18 and pay for your own gear, put this in ur sig
AIM: paintball c00kie
GHOST SPLASH VANGUARD CREED
PROPHECY LTD
PE 68/45 TANK

#8 The Kaos

The Kaos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

z2 is way better in my eyes. Its lighter, its got a smaller profile, its got a rip drive, auto ball jam clearance, doesn't jam as much as rotors, better price. Empires been making great hoppers long before dye attempted to take over the hopper world. The rotor is more expensive :rolleyes: I will give it that...lol

Posted Image

Born To Be AGG

#9 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:09 AM

Z2

its lighter
more consistent
smaller profiler
rip drive
anti jam
its smart
more balanced
larger mouth
sexier
cheaper

what more could you want?

#10 Spyrothedragon9972

Spyrothedragon9972

Puerto Rican paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

I would choose the Rotor ANY DAY! It does jam but so does every other hopper. I love the Rotor and I wouldn't use any other hopper.
Posted Image

#11 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:30 PM

I would choose the Rotor ANY DAY! It does jam but so does every other hopper. I love the Rotor and I wouldn't use any other hopper.

Pinokio's dont jam. Prophecies BARELY.

you sir, have no exprenice with any hopper other than the Z2, i can tell.

#12 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:42 PM

you sir, have no exprenice with any hopper other than the Rotor, i can tell.

fixed... :P

#13 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 02:56 PM

you sir, have no exprenice with any hopper other than the Rotor, i can tell.

fixed... :P

thanks. my bad, im sick so yeah :P

#14 BlackRabbit

BlackRabbit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

I have put at least 30 cases through my z2 & never had,or at least noticed a jam(Anti-Jam is GOD!!!). It's freaking bullet proof.
Buy it & never look back.

Edited by BlackRabbit, 28 October 2011 - 03:02 PM.

#15 gamefreak054

gamefreak054

BLuRGhh

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

Yeah honestly I dont see a reason why to get a rotor. like said its more expensive, the z2 can be stripped further without tools, it antijams its self AND has a rip drive, from what Ive seen the z2 is just as durable as the rotor, feeds faster than you need, the lightest high end loader, smaller profile, you can easily swap between lid and speedfeed, holds more paint, and I think that wraps up the main points.

Quite honestly I cant think of a single thing the rotor wins in. It might win in durability but look up proshops durability test on youtube and you will see that its ridiculously strong. They drowned it. Threw it 15ft onto slightly carpeted pavement attached to a marker, dropped it 11ft, dunked it in water, and even shot an industrial laser at it and it still worked.

#16 ThunderLights

ThunderLights

Turbocharged Member

• Members
  • 9,202 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:58 PM

Yeah honestly I dont see a reason why to get a rotor. like said its more expensive, the z2 can be stripped further without tools, it antijams its self AND has a rip drive, from what Ive seen the z2 is just as durable as the rotor, feeds faster than you need, the lightest high end loader, smaller profile, you can easily swap between lid and speedfeed, holds more paint, and I think that wraps up the main points.

Quite honestly I cant think of a single thing the rotor wins in. It might win in durability but look up proshops durability test on youtube and you will see that its ridiculously strong. They drowned it. Threw it 15ft onto slightly carpeted pavement attached to a marker, dropped it 11ft, dunked it in water, and even shot an industrial laser at it and it still worked.

LOL... you said it perfectly. nothing describes durability more than industrial lasers :)

#17 raisebarhere

raisebarhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:26 AM

Yeah z2 for me then for sure, thanks for all the advice. One more thing, is the empire speedfeed good? I have heard mixed reviews on it. Right now I have an exalt on my halo too.
Posted Image

Put this in your Sig if you are under 18 and pay for all of your own Paintball gear.

#18 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:50 PM

used rotor from b/t/s
RAWR?

#19 GerryMartin

GerryMartin

ジエリ"I haz a Pikachu on me head!?&#

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I say Z2 over Rotor, Rotor I think is going downhill, the Prophecys will take over.

"I'm an artist, dont whipe my work untill the ref checks it."

#20 joe32

joe32

So much stuff for sale someone save me

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:48 PM

I say rotor because i already own one. Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP Danijel Jagodic,AKA BORG.

CHEAP Loaders Cheap Empire Axe Azodin KP FEEDBACK +idk, maybe 7

If you saw both PC Nation Fighting Threads put this in your sig

#21 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:38 AM

I just received my Z2 and keep in mind this is my FIRST loader, never touched a Rotor, and I'm new to paintball. So keep in mind that my opinion right now is one-sided because I have nothing to compare it to other than videos I've seen and whatnot. Also, I haven't tried this on the field yet since I just received it.

1) The material definitely feels robust to me and the torture test videos I've seen prove that it is indeed a robust piece of equipment.
2) While by watching videos on rotor maintenace and z2 maintenance... Yes... The Rotor seems easier to take apart. However, taking apart the Z2 is not rocket science. While, I did have to re-watch the dismantling video posted on empire's website I can say that taking apart the Z2 is not hard at all. After a few 'practices' taking apart the exterior shells and battery compartment, which is probably as far as you need to go for maintenance I think, the Z2 is definitely not hard to dismantle it and put it back together. Anyone with a brain can do it.
3) The operation of the loader is simple and has an auto anti-jam built in. While I have yet to test this on the field, word of mouth is that this loader performs great.

So far,
I'm liking it and doubt it'll disappoint my casual paintball needs... Or maybe I'm just hyped? :huh:

#22 dave_zok

dave_zok

Ditka says be nice on the Internet

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

Seems like a lot of people like the Z2, but I have to say Rotor wins.

I only used the Z2 on my buddies gun for 1 match and it was nice but I just like the look of the rotor. I also think it is still easier to disassemble than the Z2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Feedback

LNIB SE 2012 G6R with ups
Nobody cares that you're under 18 and pay for all your own gear.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users