37 replies to this topic

#1 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Finally the dream is and feels realized! It feels as though that things are now cemented down. The reason why I say this is because the Golf Dome's old owner sold the Golf Dome. This put me in a tough spot this morning. My first thought was, "Crap all that work and research lost!" Then I started to think, "Wait this may be a good thing!" The old owner of the Golf Dome was on the fence about this whole paintball/reball idea. It just never seemed like the plan was cemented in all the way. It felt as though the plan was loose like if Lance Armstrong was missing a tire. The owner did not have enough money for everything so I can see why he chose that route.

I met with the new manager immediately after I hung up the phone to get the plan. He said he was definitely interested. I was thinking, "Great now I have to start all the way back over at square one." In fact it turned out better than I could have imagined. First off he has more money and is open to everything! I explained everything to him in about an hour. The main difference him and I noticed about the ownership is that he really wants to get into this deal and immediately. I am not trying to bad mouth the old owner, he was a good owner but this had to be done in order for the paintball/reball field to come to life. The old owner would say to me, "Alright that was a good meeting lets meet in about a month." Yeah that was ok but this manager wants this done. Immediately after I left the meeting he wants me to call him and meet him next week! He says call me whenever it can be every week if you want!

When I had the meeting what I mainly went into was sort of a continuation of what the last owner and I had in mind.

The old owner and I had this in mind:
Reball in the winter: Start a Team: Practice on Weekdays: Have Tournaments and Leagues on Weekends
Paintball in the spring and summer
SupAirBall.com: Sup air Pro PSP2 Field-44 Bunkers
SupAirBall.com: Sup air ball Arena: would keep the reballs inside and make cleanup a breeze! We would put the Arena outside for paintball in the spring and summer.
MightPaintball.com: New Turf for just the arena part of the field: Lots of Reballs
Personal Injury Liability
Attracting Teams and Players
Critical Paintball
TC Paintball
Futureball
$30 a person
Referees
HPA/CO2
Website Designed: My dad would do it.
Ammo up to pick up reballs

Now here is what the New Manager and I have talked about:

Reball: Paintballs without the paint/ rubber balls
Personal Injury Liability
Reball in the winter: Start a Team: Practice on Weekdays: Have Tournaments and Leagues on Weekends
Paintball in the spring and summer
SupAirBall.com: Sup air Pro PSP2 Field-44 Bunkers
SupAirBall.com: Sup air ball Arena: would keep the reballs inside and make cleanup a breeze! We would put the Arena outside for paintball in the spring and summer.
Mighty Paintball.com: Reballs
Reball.com: Reballs
The new manager has softball teams that are going to play there so instead he is going to have the entire dome with new turf rather than just the spot for the area.
Attracting Teams and Players
Critical Paintball
TC Paintball
Futureball
Local Business: 2 semi pro teams work there and are intersted! They will advertise around the city of Jackson!
$30 a person
Referees
HPA/CO2
Website Designed: My dad would do it.
Times on when playing
Ammo Up to pick up reballs
Set up and tear down
Opening up a pro shop in the next year.
Making custom paintball jerseys and team logos for sale
Renters and Gear To rent out
Prices for C02 and Hpa
Rules
Regulations
The Sport in General

Well now that the main characteristics are broken down. It is time to break them down even further. The main thing I really stressed the safety! He would need signs for markers, barrel bags, chronograph, and mask on ECT. He would have to go over the insurance and liability issues. He was going to call his insurance company about it. This new owner and manager really want to take the golf dome and take it back to the old way it was. He says he wants to get simulators for golf, video games, pool tables and a bar. Alcohol will not be sold on days of play! He really likes the idea of inviting these other companies in to help out and help start a pro shop up. Critical Paintball has contacted me a few times, same for TC Paintball. They both are very interested in getting into this. Next he said he would need workers. I told him I know some people who referee at other fields also I would bet the two other companies would be a part of this. With the pro shop the old owner really did not seem so good on the idea. He mainly wanted to keep it just golf. The new manager wants to open up a pro shop and get the latest and best out there! He said since I came up with the idea that I could use the new technology and gets some discounts; maybe even partake in the profit! I told him, "Thanks I appreciate it but I am just doing this for the sport. This is my dream to bring paintball back to Jackson."

He wants me now to get back with him next week with research on all the things covered above and he wants me to get the profit predictions for the future as in how successful this will be. That is where you guys here can help me. I just need help making sure this all comes together nicely. This new owner and manager really have this idea cemented in and it just feels right! I will be this week going to the college to further propose a team for JCC and a club in order to get more interested into the sport. I have also contacted other people to spread it around highschools in the area. The managers son will spread the news around lansing.

I just want to say thanks to everyone! This sport is great and I am glad I got into it almost four years ago! Thanks for all of you who have given me support in this dream! Thanks for all those critics and non believers you gave me strength!

This has been a long ride and I definitely am not over with it. I have just started going. Life is too short and I don't plan on wasting it! I am taking this sport over! I will take this sport to the highest level.

Thank You to all who have followed this dream from the very beginning! For those of you who just joined here is all the topics I have posted on the field:

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 3.5
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9

Edited by SIEFKA, 05 November 2011 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#2 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:59 PM

Didn't know why I reserved this spot. Thought I would not be able to get that many links in. Well I just want to say thanks again for everyones support! Thank you to everyone who havent believed in me you have given me strength and I hope the best for you! I will try and play my absolutle best no matter what!

Edited by SIEFKA, 05 November 2011 - 09:32 PM.

Posted Image

#3 DudeinDump

DudeinDump

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:16 PM

first Posted Image

#4 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 09:26 PM

Look into picking up A-balls cheap since Angel went out of business. They are better than the Reball brand ones. I would also suggest renting out eggy's for people who own their own gear but don't have a hopper that works with reballs.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#5 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:25 PM

Yeah that is true. It is going to be speedball setup so yeah eggys would be good especially for renters.
Posted Image

#6 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Yeah that is true. It is going to be speedball setup so yeah eggys would be good especially for renters.

If you need to get a set of rentals, I suggest something like an Azodin Kaos because they fit on the speedball course better. With the eggys, my field charges about $5 to rent the eggy, while renting everything else (gun, tank, and gravity loader) is included in entry.

If you want to get sponsored, present yourself as a mature adult, not a four year old with a crayon.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#7 Kikkia

Kikkia

Despite the high cost of living, it remains very popular.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:30 PM

You gave me the inspiration to go after this inflatable play thing building to build a indoor airball field for winter.

You gave me the inspiration to go after this inflatable play thing building to build a indoor airball field for winter. Thanks a lot
Etek3 /Dye Rotor/GI 68/45

#8 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 11:43 PM

That's awesome man! I wanted to help this sport grow and inspire people! I am taking over this sport! Just got to get the word out!

Edited by SIEFKA, 05 November 2011 - 11:46 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

Dang, man. You in high school or do you go to JCC? If he's looking for workers, hook me up bro. hahaha. I need a job, and a ref would be sick.:tup:

Hopefully this get's up and going soon. I actually worked at the golf dome when i was in high school. I worked the putt-putt course.

#10 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:08 PM

And also...if you're thinking about the supair arena...why not just paint instead? It's all closed in...you can lay down turf inside by itself. Plus...FPO means more money for the field. I think I may know the owner. What's his name? Anyway, I think more people would be interested if it's actual paint and not reballs.

#11 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:35 PM

Right now the manager told me that they would be replacing the entire dome with brand new turf not just the area of the supair arena. It would be difficult to clean the paint. Its a girl owner her name is Leslie. The managers name is Frank. That would be great the more people the better! I would love it was paint but the only way possible I can think of would be to insert a drainage system. Any other ideas? Of course we might be able to use hydrotec paintballs! There has to be another way we could use paint? The manager also told me he has some girl workers that would work on days of play to attract more guys in! :tup:

Edited by SIEFKA, 06 November 2011 - 01:51 PM.

Posted Image

#12 agpainttball21

agpainttball21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

im sure this has been answered but where is this geographically

#13 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

im sure this has been answered but where is this geographically

Directions and Location

Do you think this will succeed? Is there any advice you have to give?
Posted Image

#14 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:22 PM

How long would the $30 be for? At the reball field I worked at and play at, we had a cost for three hours, but had to create an hourly rate because people wanted to only play for an hour. We made it so that an hour was $10 but if you paid for three it costed about $17.50. Based on the venue I would keep it with reballs, because it will one be cheaper for everybody, and two will get people to try it out even if they were there for something else.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#15 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:40 PM

I forgot to mention that University of Michigan Paintball will be playing there!

How long would the $30 be for? At the reball field I worked at and play at, we had a cost for three hours, but had to create an hourly rate because people wanted to only play for an hour. We made it so that an hour was $10 but if you paid for three it costed about $17.50. Based on the venue I would keep it with reballs, because it will one be cheaper for everybody, and two will get people to try it out even if they were there for something else.

We really havent decided all that just yet. It will most likely be for about 5 hours. There has to be some way we can have paintball indoors that wont make a mess. I have a meeting with the owner on friday about the field. Any ideas?

Edited by SIEFKA, 06 November 2011 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#16 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:26 AM

I forgot to mention that University of Michigan Paintball will be playing there!

We really havent decided all that just yet. It will most likely be for about 5 hours. There has to be some way we can have paintball indoors that wont make a mess. I have a meeting with the owner on friday about the field. Any ideas?

Yeah...field paint only and don't use any oil based paint.

We need to get together bro. I'd love to be apart of bringing paintball back to Jackson.

#17 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:07 AM

Sounds great man! I have an idea of using either the hydrotec paintballs or using the draxxus eco fill paintballs. We would just wipe off all the bunkers and just spray water on the field. Then just vaccum it all up and throw everything away. Yeah it would be easier with reball and then paintball in other seasons. But with reball it would be an even bigger pain in the butt making sure everthing works well with reballs. I really hope the paintball works!
Posted Image

#18 LV Backpacker

LV Backpacker

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,402 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

http://scubatoys.com...ld/Foreword.asp

Check this out to see other things you might not have considered. The guy at Gatsplat will also give advice if you call him up, he helped my local reball field get started up.

Posted Image
Gearbag
Feedback

#19 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

http://scubatoys.com...ld/Foreword.asp

Check this out to see other things you might not have considered. The guy at Gatsplat will also give advice if you call him up, he helped my local reball field get started up.

Yeah I remember seeing that article a while back. I will keep in touch with that guy. Most of the costs should be covered since we already have the field and spacing. It comes down to a matter of licensing, waivers, ans saftey are the most important! I am going to bring up at the next meeting to use draxxus eco paintballs. It will be a easier clean up and vaccum the shells and throw them out. I really hope we can do paintballs instead. There will be much bigger of a market if we can! Plus he would make a ton of more money!
Posted Image

#20 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:01 PM

Sounds great man! I have an idea of using either the hydrotec paintballs or using the draxxus eco fill paintballs. We would just wipe off all the bunkers and just spray water on the field. Then just vaccum it all up and throw everything away. Yeah it would be easier with reball and then paintball in other seasons. But with reball it would be an even bigger pain in the butt making sure everthing works well with reballs. I really hope the paintball works!

Yeah, man. That draxxus you're talking about is like a chalk based kinda fill. It doesn't drip off the bunkers...lol.

You said there were talks of a team also?...that'd be sick...hasn't been a team based out of jackson....in...forever.

#21 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:58 PM

That's right man! I really want to get a team togather to represent! I am going to contact a few fields that use draxxus paintballs and see how they like them. Also there is a field in Michigan somewhere that does soccer and paintball indoors. See if you can find me their name.
Posted Image

#22 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 12:31 AM

That's right man! I really want to get a team togather to represent! I am going to contact a few fields that use draxxus paintballs and see how they like them. Also there is a field in Michigan somewhere that does soccer and paintball indoors. See if you can find me their name.

I'd so be down for a team man. And the one you are thinking of with the soccer I believe is Magnum Sportz Paintball in Jenisona? It's on pbreview...don't know if it's still around or not.

And yeah, as far as paint wise like I said adventure zone does the eco fill.

CLICK ME

Either way we need to get together soon and play...where do you usually play? I've been going down to the paintball plex in Laotto. Probably about an hour and 40 to get there from jackson.

#23 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:25 AM

I'd so be down for a team man. And the one you are thinking of with the soccer I believe is Magnum Sportz Paintball in Jenisona? It's on pbreview...don't know if it's still around or not.

And yeah, as far as paint wise like I said adventure zone does the eco fill.

CLICK ME

Either way we need to get together soon and play...where do you usually play? I've been going down to the paintball plex in Laotto. Probably about an hour and 40 to get there from jackson.

To be honest I have not played in months. The last time I played was at the Golf Dome a few months ago. I will never play bad like that again! I told myslef I was just going to dominate and take every one down!
Posted Image

#24 Myrkul

Myrkul

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 10:19 AM

Dam. If this was just a little closer I'd be there all the time. As it is I might be able to swing by a couple of times.
"I only drink the blood of my enemies! oh, and occasionally one of those strawberry Slurpee thingies"

#25 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:05 PM

Sounds great man! I am going to call draxxus now and see what they have to say about all of this. I really hope this paintball thing works! I believe it will work! TAke this sport by storm and I believe this dream will come true!
Posted Image

#26 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Sounds great man! I am going to call draxxus now and see what they have to say about all of this. I really hope this paintball thing works! I believe it will work! TAke this sport by storm and I believe this dream will come true!

Also, I figure we could always take the bunkers outside and hose them down...that way we don't get all the turf soaked.

I get more ideas every day. When's your next meeting with these guys? And we'll chat about mettin' up or something sometime in the near future...whether it's playing or whatever. This whole thing has me super stoked.

#27 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:12 PM

Alright well called CRU paintball and the guy broke everything down for me! He said he has only had to spray down the field once a year for the real bad spots. Other than that he uses leaf bPowers and just rakes and clean up is done! I am going to lean him into getting the right turf the same turf that CRU Paintball uses. It is a soccer turf and is a lot better than that carpet crap. The manager there wants us to get paintball in Jackson. He will give us as much advice as we need. We will be doing our own pro shop instead of joining with another company to make more money.

I am back in this game and I'm taking it over!
Posted Image

#28 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:36 PM

Alright well called CRU paintball and the guy broke everything down for me! He said he has only had to spray down the field once a year for the real bad spots. Other than that he uses leaf bPowers and just rakes and clean up is done! I am going to lean him into getting the right turf the same turf that CRU Paintball uses. It is a soccer turf and is a lot better than that carpet crap. The manager there wants us to get paintball in Jackson. He will give us as much advice as we need. We will be doing our own pro shop instead of joining with another company to make more money.

Awesome man! CRU is legit. Another option, is getting a vaccum type thing to gather all the un-broken paintball...wash them in alchohol, dry them...then sell them by the case for a cheaper price. Recycling is awesome. lol

I'm ready for this to get goin'! Not only is it a job opportunity...but it sounds like it's going to be an awesome field.

#29 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:05 PM

Awesome man! CRU is legit. Another option, is getting a vaccum type thing to gather all the un-broken paintball...wash them in alchohol, dry them...then sell them by the case for a cheaper price. Recycling is awesome. lol

I'm ready for this to get goin'! Not only is it a job opportunity...but it sounds like it's going to be an awesome field.

That is another idea we could roll with too. How far do you live from the Golf Dome I have a meeting with the new owner and new manager on Friday at eleven. You could meet me there if you want!
Posted Image

#30 Alex from Paintballpei

Alex from Paintballpei

Paintball Player.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:29 PM

Thats Awesome. Theres been talk that my field owner has been given an offer for indoor paintball with reballs and inflatable bunkers from the owners of a Soccer complex. So im hoping it goes through and i have a job for the winter.
Put this in your Sig if you are under 18 and pay for all of your own Paintball gear.

#31 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:44 PM

Awesome hope it works out for you!

Edited by SIEFKA, 09 November 2011 - 03:47 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

That is another idea we could roll with too. How far do you live from the Golf Dome I have a meeting with the new owner and new manager on Friday at eleven. You could meet me there if you want!

Sounds like a plan man! I live right by Lumen...so not far at all.

#33 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:26 PM

Sounds like a plan man! I live right by Lumen...so not far at all.

Alright sounds great!

Anyone else got any ideas? All are welcome!
Posted Image

#34 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 02:34 AM

How'd the meeting go?

#35 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:07 PM

How'd the meeting go?

Great! We will be doing paintball only! She asked me if I wanted to start playing next week! Right now she wants to mainly see how many people will really come to this thing. This is where I need everyones help. She wants us to meet at the Golf Dome some day next week with sixty people total and all buy gift cards from her store. With this money she is going to buy the sup air ball arena. Then we get the first time of play for free. It is basically like we are paying for paintball early. Spread the word please!

Edited by SIEFKA, 12 November 2011 - 10:09 PM.

Posted Image

#36 Goozen

Goozen

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

How'd the meeting go?

Great! We will be doing paintball only! She asked me if I wanted to start playing next week! Right now she wants to mainly see how many people will really come to this thing. This is where I need everyones help. She wants us to meet at the Golf Dome some day next week with sixty people total and all buy gift cards from her store. With this money she is going to buy the sup air ball arena. Then we get the first time of play for free. It is basically like we are paying for paintball early. Spread the word please!

Nice man! I don't know about 60 people...that's a lot. Most fields in Michigan don't even get that many daily....lol. I'd love to pitch in. What all did you guys discuss? And did you get my facebook about nuvair?

#37 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:43 PM

We discussed everything really. We went over the stuff that the guys from CRU talked to us about. They would be willing to give us advice on anything. Such as splitting paint costs, draxxus eco fill, and about starting our own pro shop to make more money.
Posted Image

#38 SIEFKA

SIEFKA

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,234 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:01 PM

New developments!!!
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users