Difference between Rotor v1 v2 v3 and how to ID

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 8765

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:27 PM

I did a quick search here but the answer wasn't consistent. What is the difference between each version of the Rotor (eg. v1, v2, and v3)? Looks like it has something to do with the battery velco straps and the anti-jam/shark fin. Also what year was each released, if anyone knows?
"Memory is cheap." -Dr. Sam Kassegne

#2 littleloopy15

littleloopy15

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,116 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

the v3 is the newest one. and the v1 had some jamming problems no velcro staps, the v2 had less jamming problems and no velcro straps, the v3 has no jamming problems unless paint is swelled or dimpled and has the anti jam shark fin and velcro to keep the batteries in. thats about all i know about the differences. I would just the get the v3 because 9/10 the newest version is the best. Also just look for the little anti-jam fin for the v3 rotors when buying them.

Also first!!

Edited by littleloopy15, 06 November 2011 - 10:41 PM.

Feedback 17/0/0
Setup- Luxe, Rotor v3, ProFlexes, Ninja 68/45
Checkout LibertyPaintball-NY.com

#3 mhowell13

mhowell13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 AM

the v3 is the newest one. and the v1 had some jamming problems no velcro staps, the v2 had less jamming problems and no velcro straps, the v3 has no jamming problems unless paint is swelled or dimpled and has the anti jam shark fin and velcro to keep the batteries in. thats about all i know about the differences. I would just the get the v3 because 9/10 the newest version is the best. Also just look for the little anti-jam fin for the v3 rotors when buying them.

Also first!!

Um...My Rotor had velcro straps in it and I bought it the month it came out and the shark fin. So what basis do you have for this?

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:08 AM

Um...My Rotor had velcro straps in it and I bought it the month it came out and the shark fin. So what basis do you have for this?

Then you have a V3.

The shark fin refers to the shark fin looking ball ramp inside of the try located on the red piece that feeds the balls.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users